17Ford Mondeo

Ford Mondeo Questions & Answers

Rob m.
Rob m. · MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Hi I bought a ford Mondeo 2011 car been great until suddenly was driving transmission limited function comes on and hill assist turns of (not that I was using it) is there a trick or a way for cheap fix because it's not worth paying 3 K for new transmission mise well scrap metal the car

Shane R.
Shane R. · Mondeo MB (2009-2010)

Having to replace front left-hand cv joint does any one know how many spline does this model take, 28 or 31 ,2010 mondeo titanium diesel

Shane R.
Shane R. · Mondeo MB (2009-2010)

Cv joints, how many splines in front wheel drive

Dave
Dave · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

Hi all. How are these models going now (MD 2015>)? There seem to be plenty of people saying that they are great 7 years ago when they were new. I am wondering what people think of the 2015 or newer Mondeo. Are they still plagued with transmission issues ? Thanks

Paul J.
Paul J. · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

Ford Mondeo 2011wagon oil capacity for diesel 4cyl automatic gearbox

Paul
Paul · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

I have a 2015 wagon that I have lowered and like to put a camber kit on it. Do the sedans and wagon have the same set up? Would it be the same camber kit?

ming z.
ming z. · MD (Wagon) (2015-2024)

How much is the oil change for this car

Ibrahim
Ibrahim · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

My ford mondeo titanium 2012 has issues with the transmission..it comes and goes..do u believe it needs an oil change or is it an electrical problem.??

Mark L.
Mark L.

DSG gearbox must be serviced every 60000 at the most. If its overdue then dirty fluid can cause issues in these. approx 6 ltres of dsg ford spec fluid and external filter. Videos online how to do dct450 getrag. I have done three changes on mine using penrite dct fluid.

Glen C.
Glen C. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Will a ford Mondeo diesel 2010 gear box fit a 2011 diesel

Djb
Djb · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

My 2011 fails daily 208900klm ,code p280e. Transmission limited fault..
Clear codes and still plays up .I have a $7,000.00 lemon

Lyse E.
Lyse E. · Mondeo

I have a Ford Mondeo Titanium (unleaded) 2010 model. It has done 155,000 kms. I bought it second hand.
One of the cylinders? has stopped working which was diagnosed by a mechanic after he checked the coils and spark plugs.The orange engine light is constantly on and it runs roughly. Does this mean I need a new engine and is it worth spending money on? Thanks in advance.

Fredrich B.
Fredrich B. · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

R there any problems with
new Ford mondao

terrence
terrence · MC (Wagon) (2010-2014)

hello what scan tool obd2 do you recommend for the 2013 turbo diesel auto.....and what resets are recommended on that scan tool ?and what's best value ? tyvm

terrence
terrence · MC (Wagon) (2010-2014)

hi can U help plz I drive around corner and car totally looses acceleration ,but is still running engine at idle ,,I stop put it into sequenchal automatic mode and put in 1st gear and it drives of again..I then slide it back across to drive,and it drives fine again,, any ideas

Daviee J.
Daviee J. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Greetings all appreciate your input ,
I have purchased a 2012 Ford Mondeo auto Deisel , it's rather beautiful looking car , inside and out , but ks are very high 207 k , I live now in inner city Brisbane , and purchased with RWC .
It seems to drive really well , and told it's been regularly serviced , I did take a punt I appreciate , and it certainly seemed inexpensive, as I guess it should be at those ks , but I got many more ks out of my last car .
So , any advice ? What to look out for ? Things to do ? Tips etc , I'm a 61 year old male and never before have I purchased a car privately .
It's a stationwagon silver 2012 Deisel.
David

Brisborn70
Brisborn70

Regularly get your transmission serviced with a fluid change. This tranmission has plastic components within the transmission that breakdown and contaminate the fluid. Regular fluid changes means you avoid spending $$$$. Make sure that the mechanic knows that this transmission requires a Ford recommended fluid and if not used can cause issues.

Appreciate your response ,
The car was an ex Uber , body looked great but I did have problems with engine warning light coming on every 2000k , it ran well on open road from Brisbane to Caboolture 5 times a week , but as soon as I kept heading North the engine light would come on .
Purchased cheap ( 5k - 207 k on clock ) drove for about 8k , then flogged it though one of those " car sales - on the spot " places for 3.5k , got what I paid for , as spent quite a bit getting serviced and engine warning light turned off all the time .

John M
John M · Mondeo MB (2009-2010)

A Ford service centre has advised the transmission in my 2009 Mondeo (280 000k) needs replacing at a cost of $8000
More than the car is worth
Problems which are gradually getting worse include engine hunting, not responding to the accelerator, engine revving when braking etc but only on long highway runs when the transmission is very hot
No problems on trips around town
Question is: Would a transmission oil change extend it’s life or accelerate it’s failing???

David H.
David H. · MD (Hatchback) Titanium (2015-2024)

Have a 2017 MD Wagon Titanium- I thought it came with rear cross traffic alert but Ford tells me that RCTA was not part in this model? Any advice otherwise?

Waltervp
Waltervp

I cannot find the answer to that. I checked RedBook as well and there is no mention of RCTA for any of them... yet people, like one review above say they have it! My 2015 MD Hatch Ecoboost Titanium has the auto switch on/off fcn on the menu, but the car doesn't have it I am assured by Ford.... Another mystery. All these modern functions are hard to search for on carsales.com.au etc.. and to me they are the make or break features! Mondeo Titanium has loads of them :) Wished they also had traffic sign recognition (TSR) technology as I never know what limit applies through the numerous road works!

sharma.lucky095
sharma.lucky095 · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

My Bluetooth is on can make calls and ans calls but can't play music from my phone can u please help me with that thanks

dany a.
dany a.

The Bluetooth on this car only for call not for music

sharma.lucky095
sharma.lucky095 · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Can connect my phone to music Bluetooth is on can answer calls and make calls but can play music

Sydney
Sydney · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi my Ford mondeo 6 speed automatic has lost reverse all forward gears are fine with no Noises at all

Brad R.
Brad R.

From what I know there are servos to control the movement of the clutches and gears. They become blocked with crap requiring cleaning. This may be the issue with yours? Ours required replacement of the dual clutches plus the flywheel dampener plus the servo cleaning. $4400.

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Mondeo