Ford Mondeo

131 questions from our users

Garrett L.
Garrett L.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

I have 2010 Ford Mondeo automatic and when you put the car into reverse and give it gas it keeps cutting out why does the car do that

teenzasked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

There is a 2011deisek auto for sale by needs new transmission how much to fix.?

Stephen B.
Stephen B.

Quote for my 2014 model with 85000km on the clock was $15000 for new transmission so the car was a write off.

Thanks .

w gurr
w gurrasked
MD (Hatchback) Trend (2015-2021)

where are the mondeo available a s the local ford dealers are not aware of a 2021 mondeo hatch 5 door
diesel being available what dealer has them

Ray williamsasked
Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Whine type noise for5 to 10 mins, then disappears,not sure where from , car drive so well, has all up to date services.

Mark L.

Gee Ray probably need to be more specific i.e is the whine present when engine is cold or while accelerating or while cruising at constant speed or when accelerating or underload? Could be caused by many different components. Could be the belt that drives the alternator and power steering pump and water pump and aircon compressor worn and slipping when cold. Could be a worn water pump bearing or bearing in aircon compressor on its way out. Could be a worn power steering pump. These components are mounted on drivers side of engine and you could listen with car idling and bonnet raised to pinpoint component. Could be caused by noisy bearings in the idlers and tensioners that guide the cam belt if this service is overdue.

Ray williams

Noise, ( whine only comes in over 20 kms, seems to last longer now the temperature has dropped, once engine is warmed up it disappears,cannot check noise while idling, It's not there,

Barrie
Barrieasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

12/2015 Mondeo titanium hatchback
glass roof blind does not close all the way, it stops about 2 inches short.
anyone got any ideas ?

Chris. S
Chris. Sasked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi, I have a mondeo 2012 wagon which I enjoy . Except occasionally the engine malfunction light comes on. I have to stop car and restart. I took it to local ford service centre, they couldn't find any faults in the computer system. They say bring it in when this happens. This is fine but you never know when its going to happen next. Any answers please.

David Sheilds
David Sheilds

Go buy yourself a cheap OBD2 scanner and keep it with you so you can diagnose when it occurs

Ben S.
Ben S.asked

Hi guys

I have ford mondeo ecoboost .
I did a oil’s change included gear oil,

The garage used the manufacture recommended gear oil & filters.

After few days I got “limited transmission “
Worning in yellow.
The car works perfectly I got this message twice as the car was standing without use for 2 days , it happened only on cold start.

I go back to the garage they did computer check and didn’t find nothing ‍♂️

I never had this problem before the gear oil change...

Please can I get serious advices what to do next? It’s a ford manufacturer garage...

Jolly181
Jolly181asked
MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Hi All...

This morning, we had to have our battery replaced and once that was done and the car restarted, I noticed that even though the A/C was ON, the air was not circulating..?? I powered off the A/C and back on, but still did not work..!! Is there something I should be doing to reset the A/C again..???

Cheers

Julius

Jody O.
Jody O.asked

Ford Mondeo - 2014.
Do you need to check auto transmission fluid for this model if so. Where is the dipstick location as there is nothing in my Ford MC owner manual,

Cheers Jody

Mark L.

Hi Jody your car is more than likely equipped with the powershift wet clutch dsg gearbox. No dipstick to check just make sure the gearbox is serviced every 60000klms i.e fluid and filter changed.

Moana E.
Moana E.asked
MC (Wagon) (2010-2014)

My Mondeo wagon audio doesn't work?? No radio/cd or aux... Display...'no audio' .. no sound... And now cannot push any button... Stays on 'aux'.. please help!... On/ off button does work.... Also... my parking sensors alarms and reverse gear alarms do not sound either!! Omg!

Jason
Jason

Hi Moana, did you end up getting this fixed? My partner's Mondeo is doing the exact same thing and we can't work out the problem!

Michael K.
Michael K.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

My 2013 Mondeo 2.0 diesel (136000km) needs auto gearbox replacement or repaired; apparently not service at 120k by previous owner and now none of the gears work. Does anyone know what are the suitable gearboxes for this model

Sergio D.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Does anyone know if the transmission limited function is also just a “safe limp home” mode due to other issues. I don’t think the gearbox is misbehaving. My obd2 scanner didn’t identify any codes but digging down deeper I found 4 codes all related to switches.
C1513 - Brake switch circuit error
C1702 - Variant coding error
C1102 - Battery Voltage Low
C1283 - Yaw rate & G sensor-signal
Would any of these switches lead to a limp home mode

Mark L.

Hi Sergio dont know the answer to that but often with modern cars if the Battery is suspect it will cause the computer to play up. Seeming there is a code for low battery check the condition of the battery with a tester to see if that is the problem.

Sergio D.

Thanks for that Mark. I should have added that the battery was changed about 12 months ago by the RACV. Next to all the codes it says “current” so I assume these codes are not historic and never cleared

Sergio D.

Thanks Mark, I should have said that battery was replaced within past 12 months. Next to the code, it says current so I don’t think it was code has been there since before replacing battery.

Tracey H.
Tracey H.asked
MC (Wagon) (2010-2014)

Hi
I have 2010 Mondeo Diesel 6 speed auto I was driving on highway this morning and warning came up " transmission hot touch brake" I pulled over turned if off only for about 2 mins then continued on my way kept leaver in Drive and warning did not appear again, Does any1 know why this warning may have appeared ?

Mark L.

Hi Tracey sounds like transmission has gotten too hot for some reason and computer has told you to put the brakes on and slow down so it can cool down. Hopefully transmission is only due for an oil and filter change. Check log book to see when this was last done. Needs to be done every 60000klms max!!! When this is done get mechanic to check computer with scan tool to see if any error codes were logged.

Mark L.

Tracey put some newspaper on the ground under the engine gearbox and see if there are any leaks overnight from the transmission as it could be low on fluid. Topping up or changing the transmission fluid is a bit of a fiddly process. If its leaking definitely a problem and will cause transmission to overheat as will overdue for a change transmission fluid service.

Peter C.
Peter C.asked
Mondeo MB (2009-2010)

car was running fine i was trying to do oul chance but the sump plug could not come out so i took the cor of the ramps and now the car wont start the dash board reads engane malfuion

Mark L.

yeah a friend done an oil change on ramps on a nissan pulsar and a similar thing happened. Guessing got something to do with excessive oil flowing down past the valves and getting sucked into the engine through valve stem seals because of the angle of the car on the ramps when he refilled the engine with oil. Think it fouled the Maf sensor causing error code. Might have to reset error code with scan tool and clean egr system if error reoccurs. I assume engine is running ok? I am not a mechanic and only know what Ive picked up from doing.

Ryan L.
Ryan L.asked
Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Been looking to buy a new car, went today to test drive an auto 2010 Ford mondeo wagon. When taking off from stopped the car kinda jolts a bit but once you get going it’s fine. I can’t take it to look at a mechanic due to covid, any idea of what it is and how much it could cost to fix?

Mark L.

Yeah they can be a bit jerky sometimes when slowing then accelerating etc.Good test is to drive up a steep hill and just note if tacho is fluctuating once in top gear i.e 100 or 200rpm which indicates clutches are slipping.Tacho should be steady when cruising under load with constant throttle.Also make sure gearbox has been serviced at minimum 60klm intervals as keeping trans fluid clean in these is critical.Changes on the go under acceleration should be fairly seamless.Im not a mechanic and only speaking from experience.

Geraldine P.
Geraldine P.asked
Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Mondeo XR5 turbo 2008 2.5 L. Car is “chugging” every now and then. Feels like a temp starvation of petrol. Would it be the fuel pump? Where is the pump located?

Dieseldelasked
Mondeo MD (2015-2021)

How do you disable tailgate chimes permanently on a 2019 ford mondeo?

Mark L.

Sorry dont know mine is an MC hatchback.There is a good site called Talkford. You might find the answer there if it is possoble.

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I’m already an active member on talkford. But had no replies as yet on this topic
But thanks again for trying to help.

Aqeel M.
Aqeel M.asked
Mondeo

I am thinking about buying 2014 FM. It's got 194k km. Price is $6000, have service logs. Will it be a good to buy?? Need a opinion/suggestions. Thanks in advance

Barry
Barryasked
MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Hi there
I have a 2014 Mondeo MC diesel hatch 102000km.
How often do I need to change the Camshaft drive belt, (if at all). Is this chain driven?
I think I need to change the auxiliary drive belts every 180000km or 10 years though.

Mark L.

Hi Barry mc tdci has a timing belt that ford recommend be changed at 200k or 10 years.The water pump and idler and guides are changed as well hence 10 year coolant change from new as well.They also have a chain that should last the life of the engine if the correct oil is used. Going to get mine done in next year or so and go to ford as my mechanic hasnt got the tool to lock the cams while the belt etc are replaced.

no n.
no n.asked
Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

my Ford Mondeo2008 2.3 Automatic has 180.000kms when I should change the timing belt ? how much can cost ? thanks

Ford Mondeo