17Ford Mondeo

Ford Mondeo Questions & Answers (page 2)

Sydney
Sydney · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi my Ford mondeo 6 speed automatic has lost reverse all forward gears are fine with no Noises at all

Brad R.
Brad R.

From what I know there are servos to control the movement of the clutches and gears. They become blocked with crap requiring cleaning. This may be the issue with yours? Ours required replacement of the dual clutches plus the flywheel dampener plus the servo cleaning. $4400.

Derek G.
Derek G. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

We're is the TMC unit located on the 2 litre powershift gearbox in a 2011 Ford monde?

dany a.

the tcm is inside the transmission with body control valve

Eleanor H.
Eleanor H. · Mondeo

I have a ford mondeo lovely car but it had a small jerk ever so often in low gear so I was advised to have it checked they said it was the transmission and quoted $4000 worst case so I agreed to have it done and was shocked to fine this was a common problem they have now I had car rot nearly 4 week s and called to tell me it is now gana cost $7650 00 I am still in shock they say the clutch has contaminated and have to do that I am beside my self don't know which way to go why did ford not do recall as this seems to be amassave problem

tritone

I haven't had that problem. You may be getting ripped off.
Try a different opinion from another mechanic.

Anoop D.
Anoop D. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Is that good idea to replace engine on 2012 ford mondeo 2lit pterol engine or sell it?

Duncan S.

I know I got quoted about $4k+ to replace a gearbox as there are always problems when a gearbox is removed as I believe the computer for the gearbox can be a complete pain when it gets put back in the car, so at a min, I would guess you would be paying &6 - $7k to get someone to replace you engine.

Anoop D.

Thank you man. Guess I’ll just sell it as it is.

tritone

Try getting a quote to replace the engine and do the sums.

Sascha Perna
Sascha Perna · Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Xr5 turbo petrol mondeo won't start how do reset ignition timing

Sascha Perna

How do you reset ignition timing

EMEL
EMEL · Mondeo MB (2009-2010)

Hi l purchased Mondeo 2009 2.3L zetic petrol on 19/2/22 120.000 kms while I am doing the RWC I asked my mechanic about this model he said always transmission cause trouble and cost thousands to fix is that true what U advise me please

tritone

I’ve never had any problems with the transmission in my Mondeo.
I bought it near new and treated the car well. I can’t speak for the Mondeo you purchased. It depends on the previous owner(s). If it was used to tow a heavy caravan or the car was thrashed there may be some problems.
When car is driven, is there a whining noise coming from the transmission?
You should have some car warranty.
Hope this helps.

Regards

scorpian243
scorpian243 · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

where is the pcm on mondeo tdci mc 2014

Duncan S.

Try here: It is located behind the trim panel to the left of the steering column. You will see the plug for it under the change box.

scorpian243
scorpian243 · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

where is the pcm location on Mondeo 2014 mc 2.0 tdci

Brony · Mondeo

Hi I have a knocking kind of vibrating sound coming near the pulleys can anyone help me out with what it could be

It's a 2011 2.0 litre diesel

Mark L.

cambelt service is due every 10yrs or 200000klms.Noise could be a worn cambelt tensioner or worn water pump bearing or air cond compressor bearing.Best get it checked before driving much further as failing water pump bearing or tensioner could cause cambelt to break and extensive damage to the engine.

Mark L.

if its the air cond compressor bearing making the noise may be able to get bearing replaced or if its too far gone you will need a new compressor

Mark L.

if u turn air cond off if its the air cond compressor the noise and vibration will stop.

usually

Brony

It even does it when air conditioning is off and it sounds like its coming from the top pulley also is it normal that it makes like a whining noise when breaking then acceleration is that nornal

Mark L.

Well in that region you have a visible external auxiliary belt which drives the alternator and air cond compressor and power steering pump.This belt can wear or slip or fray causing noise.Adjacent to that is an oblong shaped black cover which conceals the timing belt and inner workings such as the cambelt tensioners. Without actually hearing it it could be any of these components failing. The camnelt and tensioners are critical to the timimg of the engine and if this system fails then internal components will collide and cause considerable internal damage to the engines internal valve train like the lifters which actuate the valves for each cylinder. This is why I suggest u get a reputable mechanic to check the noise out. I all so mentioned the service interval as if u r approaching or have exceeded this then this may well be the case.

Mark L.

whinning noise is usually indicative of a bearing that is failing.Sounds like u have eliminated the air cond compressor bearing as the source.The alternator and power steering pump and water pump driven by cambelt and cambelt tensioners all contain bearings as well.The main concern would be that the water pump or tensioner bearing fail or seize causing the cambelt to break or come off.

Mark L.

I would get a professional to check it out.
There are quite a few variables.

Brony

Ok thanks when my partner puts his ear to listen it definitely sounds like it's coming from top pulley on drivers side of motor

Mark L.

yes mechanics sometimes use stethoscopes to do the same.At least u will have some idea to validate what the mechanic tells you. good luck

Brony

Thanks for your help another thing the breaking feels kinda strange like holds back more when u brake is that normal

Mark L.

brakes of course are a crucial safety item so any significant change in pedal feel or increased pressure or noise should investigated

Brony

If I was to video the noise could I send it to you somehow so u can tell me what it might be

Mark L.

The engine noise is going to be caused by one of the factors I have already outlined. Whirring noise in that area that varies with engine speed is going to be a bearing in one of the units described.auxilary belt will make more of a screeching noise if it is slipping.EIther eay u will need to het it ficed by an expert anyway because the component making the noise will eventually fail anyway. A competent and ethical mechanic will be able to pinpoint the problem and do the work required.

Rosali Alvero
Rosali Alvero · Mondeo MB (2009-2010)

Problem with rear window washer - no water coming out when rear window wiper turned on. Holes where water is suppose to be ejecting from has been cleared/cleaned thoroughly. Front windscreen washers/wipers working well. Can someone help?

Mark L.

Hi I assume the reseviour has water in it. Can you hear the pump motor operate whilst standing near the rear of the car. Im not sure but pump motor may be fused with fuse located in fuse box. Could be a blown fuse if motor isnt operating.

Rosali Alvero

Thanks for your response. But are there separate fuses for front & rear washers? The front ones are working fine. Btw, the reservoir is full.

Mark L.

stand at the rear outside of the vehicle and get someone to operate rear washer.if motor for washer pump is working u should hear it buzzing away.If it doesnt work i.e no noise then pump motor is blown or fuse is open circuit .Havent checked fuse box but should be on seperate ccircuit and hence have a seperate fuse.

Rosali Alvero

Hello Mark L. Carried out the steps you suggested. The pump is working but no water spitting out. The front washers not working all that well now . Pump is working. Have you got any other suggestions you can give me. Thanks Mark.

Garrett L.
Garrett L. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

I have 2010 Ford Mondeo automatic and when you put the car into reverse and give it gas it keeps cutting out why does the car do that

teenz
teenz · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

There is a 2011deisek auto for sale by needs new transmission how much to fix.?

Stephen B.
Stephen B.

Quote for my 2014 model with 85000km on the clock was $15000 for new transmission so the car was a write off.

Thanks .

w gurr
w gurr · MD (Hatchback) Trend (2015-2024)

where are the mondeo available a s the local ford dealers are not aware of a 2021 mondeo hatch 5 door
diesel being available what dealer has them

Ray williams
Ray williams · Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Whine type noise for5 to 10 mins, then disappears,not sure where from , car drive so well, has all up to date services.

Mark L.

Gee Ray probably need to be more specific i.e is the whine present when engine is cold or while accelerating or while cruising at constant speed or when accelerating or underload? Could be caused by many different components. Could be the belt that drives the alternator and power steering pump and water pump and aircon compressor worn and slipping when cold. Could be a worn water pump bearing or bearing in aircon compressor on its way out. Could be a worn power steering pump. These components are mounted on drivers side of engine and you could listen with car idling and bonnet raised to pinpoint component. Could be caused by noisy bearings in the idlers and tensioners that guide the cam belt if this service is overdue.

Ray williams

Noise, ( whine only comes in over 20 kms, seems to last longer now the temperature has dropped, once engine is warmed up it disappears,cannot check noise while idling, It's not there,

Barrie
Barrie · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

12/2015 Mondeo titanium hatchback
glass roof blind does not close all the way, it stops about 2 inches short.
anyone got any ideas ?

Chris. S
Chris. S · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi, I have a mondeo 2012 wagon which I enjoy . Except occasionally the engine malfunction light comes on. I have to stop car and restart. I took it to local ford service centre, they couldn't find any faults in the computer system. They say bring it in when this happens. This is fine but you never know when its going to happen next. Any answers please.

David Sheilds
David Sheilds

Go buy yourself a cheap OBD2 scanner and keep it with you so you can diagnose when it occurs

Ben S.
Ben S. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi guys

I have ford mondeo ecoboost .
I did a oil’s change included gear oil,

The garage used the manufacture recommended gear oil & filters.

After few days I got “limited transmission “
Worning in yellow.
The car works perfectly I got this message twice as the car was standing without use for 2 days , it happened only on cold start.

I go back to the garage they did computer check and didn’t find nothing ‍♂️

I never had this problem before the gear oil change...

Please can I get serious advices what to do next? It’s a ford manufacturer garage...

dany a.

You have to do reset for TCM this option you can fix your car

Jolly181
Jolly181 · MC (Hatchback) (2010-2014)

Hi All...

This morning, we had to have our battery replaced and once that was done and the car restarted, I noticed that even though the A/C was ON, the air was not circulating..?? I powered off the A/C and back on, but still did not work..!! Is there something I should be doing to reset the A/C again..???

Cheers

Julius

Jody O.
Jody O. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Ford Mondeo - 2014.
Do you need to check auto transmission fluid for this model if so. Where is the dipstick location as there is nothing in my Ford MC owner manual,

Cheers Jody

Mark L.

Hi Jody your car is more than likely equipped with the powershift wet clutch dsg gearbox. No dipstick to check just make sure the gearbox is serviced every 60000klms i.e fluid and filter changed.

BeeCee
BeeCee

The standard Ford Auto oil is very expensive. Get the Nulon transmission oil that exceeds the ford specs, comes in 1l squeeze packs you need 6) and a new filter. Drop the old trans oil and filter and replace. Worked a treat on my MC with PowerShift.

Moana E.
Moana E. · MC (Wagon) (2010-2014)

My Mondeo wagon audio doesn't work?? No radio/cd or aux... Display...'no audio' .. no sound... And now cannot push any button... Stays on 'aux'.. please help!... On/ off button does work.... Also... my parking sensors alarms and reverse gear alarms do not sound either!! Omg!

Jason
Jason

Hi Moana, did you end up getting this fixed? My partner's Mondeo is doing the exact same thing and we can't work out the problem!

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Mondeo