17Ford Mondeo

Ford Mondeo Questions & Answers (page 4)

irwin a.
irwin a. · Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Hi my Ford Mondeo xr5 turbo my whole right control arms not working the indicators and phone connection is on that side any ideas

Ray N.
Ray N. · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

hi all , have a 2017 mondeo trend , and the red light heads up display stopped working , took it to my local ford dealer , that put it on the scanner and no faults appeared ( car still under factory warranty ) , i received a call from the mechanic and he informed me that it looked like one of the sensors in the front bumper had been hit and needed adjustment , which was done ... i have no recollection of hitting anything or being hit , and even now there are no obvious marks on the car , cause believe me i checked , when i picked the car up i was charged almost $200 for their service and was told that it doesn't come under warranty because of the damage ( which i still cant find ) ,BTW , heads up display is no different .. i guess my question is , where exactly is the sensor for the red light heads up display ? .... thankyou :)

James
James

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that the forward collision is monitored by one of the cameras in the top of the windscreen and possibly the radar unit. Book it in with a different dealer to have it checked.

Trevor M.
Trevor M. · Mondeo

I've just brought a 210 Mondeo. I'm having a nightmare putting diesel in it. Does anyone else have this trouble? Pls

Neil S
Neil S · Mondeo

Have a ford mondo 2014. Turned car on radio works but there is no display on dash. Cant change stations from steering wheel but cannot when push numbers on the dashboard. Wondering why this would happen and how to fix it. Thanks

marian d.
marian d. · Mondeo MB (2009-2010)

where i fund full pump

Suzanne V.
Suzanne V. · Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

I have MA 2007 Mondeo 2.3 petrol 240,0000 K s has popped a leg out of bed ,is this a problem with Duratec motor as no motors available at wreckers ?

George L.
George L. · Mondeo

Does the diesel need long trips

George L.
George L. · Mondeo

Do the diesels need long trips

Daniel

As with most cars with a DPF you should let them stretch their let's every so often. We've done 120,000ks in our 2016 Mondeo and had 0 problems with ours. We did do a lot of long trips, but the last 20,000ks has been all around town tripping, still with 0 issues.

I do have a heavy right foot though, so maybe that's why!

Alaric von Gunnicus K.
Alaric von Gunnicus K. · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

my mondeo 2015 md cant start due to some switch in steering wheel
ford said need to replace whole wheel cos $2500 what can we do?

Daniel

Yikes! What warning comes up on the dash when you try and start the car?

Nothing is on the dash

Nick C. · Mondeo

A friend asked me to see why she couldn't get fuel in her 2012 minded.
I found that there was a plastic flap that came down over the spring loaded cap & stopped you putting the fuel nozzle in.
What is this flap? What is it there for? & who thunk that one up & didn't tell any one.
Mr Ford said it will cost $550++ to replace.
Or get a screwdriver & push the flap up and save yourself $500 .

Danno H.

There should be a funnel in the boot under the tyre

Danno H.

The flap is to stop you from putting the wrong fuel in and the funnel is for diesel truck nossels

Nozzles

Nick C. · Mondeo

2012 mondeo. What is the plastic thing that slides down over the fuel filler that stops you fueling the car?
I drilled a hole in it then found that it swings up towards the rear window.
What is the purpose of this flap. Is it an anti theft flap & if so how to get rid of it because Mr Ford turned up & had NO idea what it was?

Danno H.

Just insert the slow flow nozzle straight in to the tank, flap will open.

Goldy
Goldy · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi ,does anyone knows where is the location of engine no. On the block ? 2010 2.0 litre deisel turbo duratorq.

Greg
Greg · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

We’re is the fuse for the obd on the Mondeo MD.

Pete K.
Pete K. · Mondeo

My 2016 Mondeo diesel wagon has done 60,000 klm and has just had major service, transmission etc. Twice after long trips, on return journey yellow spanner light on dash comes on and it goes into a reduced power mode. I took it straight to Ford and it came up as an oil pressure issue . They checked everything and reset it but it happened again on next long trip. I reset it myself by brake and accelerator to floor and power was back. A guttsy lot of lowdown grunt makes it a great car to drive but what do you think??

MarkS
MarkS · Mondeo MD (2015-2024)

Hi, I have a 2015 Ford Mondeo MD Ambient model. The rear shocks need to be replaced and I'm getting quotes for approx $800 per shock just for the part as they are electronic and adjustable?
Just wanted to check if anyone has dealt with the shock replacement before?

Cheers

its a wagon

Dan
Dan

Hi, I've got the same issue with the same model (after 120k kms), Ford has quoted me $1400 each for a rear shock! Interested to know where you got the $800 quote from. I'm also looking for a suitable non-genuine shock absorber, if anyone knows?

Johnny M
Johnny M

All my previous cars NEVER needed shocks replaced. Are you 100% the shocks need replacing? Sounds like another money grab from unscrupulous mechanics.

Joe
Joe

Hi Mark, interested to know how many km the Mondeo had done at this point and what type of surfaces you were driving on? Cheers

Brian S.
Brian S.

I have the MD Ambiente. Rear drivers side shock gone at 80k. quote $1200 to replace. What a load of rubbish

eBay

$275

Gee
Gee

I think factory shocks are the only option for the wagon, has anyone found an aftermarket option?

Will M.
Will M.

Danno H, where abouts can you point me to these shocks

Deebay
Deebay

Jan 2023 I had the rear shockers replaced at just under 100,000 km. (Koni8250-1043 @ $298 each) The MD s/wagon is in very good order except that the car wallowed around roundabouts and old shockers were leaking. Now car is lowered by about 4-5 cm and looks like a P platers dream. However load the car with a couple bags of soil, sand, fertiliser and it looks like you are towing a semi trailer load. I had no idea there would a problem. I will probably sell it. I fitted a tow bar at 60k when I bought the car for my 200 kg 6x4 trailer. I have never overloaded the car. The original shockers are crap! The mechanics could have warned me to just sell it rather than spend $1500 on shockers and two new tyres and an alignment

Geoff M.
Geoff M.

Same issue with my 2015 Wagon. Rear shocks need replacing. Very expensive factory parts, cant find aftermarket here or in UK. Great car but as a former Ford Dealership owner I am very, very pissed off. No one warns about the EGR valve which crapped itself at 160,000kms

Scott S.
Scott S. · Mondeo MC (2010-2014)

Hi there,just asking if anyone has taken their old head unit on a 2013 mc Mondeo and replaced it with a aftermarket unit , because to start with the wiring loom that they supply doesn't even have a accessories power wire only a constant power and also the dash lights up with low battery information on the warning symbol and no parking sensors work either . Can someone please give me feedback on this I don't know if there's a wire that should be connected on the wiring loom other then the earth main and accessories

Cheers scott

Sanjay P.
Sanjay P. · Mondeo

I am thinking about buying 2008 FM. It's got 230k km. Price is $3300, they say "The car shows on the dash ( gearbox service required) , so need a new service" will it be a good purchase?? Need a openion. Thank you

Daniel

I'm not sure if that year model has a DCT in it, or a traditional Auto.

If it is anything except a tradition auto box, don't touch it. Gearbox problems in DSG can be BIG money.
I would call a dealer close to you and ask what a service would cost on the that transmission before you think about it.
Had a look on car sales and there seems to be a few for about $1000 more (you can also haggle), I'd buy one without the potential issues if your budget allows it.

Monika K
Monika K · Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

Where is the dipstick for automatic transmission located

pas b.
pas b.

between your ears it seems

Monika K

We all need a good laugh these days...so thanks for that...better late than never! Hee haha

Ron R.
Ron R. · Mondeo MA (2007-2008)

location of obd2 ford mondeo

Judy Wilson
Judy Wilson · Mondeo

I have a 2013 Ford Mondeo (petrol/auto) and sometimes at an intersection while waiting for lights to change it won't change into gear and races for a short distance then changes
I had it in to be serviced but they can't find anything wrong can you help please
Judy

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Mondeo