17Ford Mondeo

83% · 10513 · 10%

Cindee
Cindee

Transmission issues

The ford mondeo is not a good car. After 5 months i started having transmission issues. Took it to several places and costing hundreds, it still isnt fixed. I finally got into a ford machanic and was told to cut my losses and sell quick as possible. To fix the 2 sences in the gearbox would cost me around $5000. I saved everything to buy this car and now im stuck the a broken car, no savings and faults after faults

Christine
ChristineVictoria3 posts

Forget about an SUV - get the Mondeo wagon

Purchased a 2012 TDCi wagon. Fabulous car for fuel economy & great safety rating. Drove Melbourne to Cairns, cost only $220 in diesel. Great with overtaking & on the open road. Not as smooth to drive around town, but only making this comparison to my previous vehicle (2012 Ford XR6). A very spacious, reliable, & trouble free vehicle. Had looked at SUV's in the same catagory, however price & vehicle boot size couldn't be compared. These wagons are fantastic value for money.

congaflute
congafluteSouth West, QLD19 posts
  Verified MC

Great family wagon

Purchased second hand due to needing a wagon and better safety rating than our older car. The diesel is fume free, economical and quiet. I had to get used to the blinker being on the wrong side for Australia. The seat is very comfortable front and back, suitable for large and small people.

Leon
LeonSydney, NSW12 posts
  Verified MD

Great family car

Excellent value for money. Fresh and attractive design for this category, more than enough room inside, perfect set of options for family use (driver seat memory really helps when people with significant difference in height both drive the car interchangeably, front parking sensors in addition to rear sensors and camera) plus lots of convenient helpers. After Toyota Camry feels like a prestige car.

Ross Richards
Ross RichardsPerth, WA7 posts

Uh Oh

I took my car to Ford at Midland for a service. It came back with a transmission fault. I spent several hundred dollars trying to get the problem diagnosed, not solved...diagnosed. Ford Midland basically said buy a new car. The Ford Mondeo is not reliable. I had a 2 litre Torq diesel. The car was about 7 years old and perfectly maintained. I've never seen such poor problem ownership as I have with Ford. They basically washed their hands even though they created the fault. I had to sell my car with money still owing on it.

matt58_au1
matt58_au1warilla6 posts
  MC

great car only had one problem will soon be fixed

i found that is a great car plenty of leg room great eco (fuel)what else can i say oh my wife really loves this car.I have had one problem the dpf (diesel particulate filter but the car yard is going to fix this problem so i wont have to pay for this problem.

Dimsie
Dimsiedaylesford2 posts
prwhye2
prwhye2South-Eastern Region, NSW5 posts

Very nice car car I had for 8 years

Neat and a delight to drive,all interior options very easy to use and understant.Great 2.3lt petrol engine,auto trans no problems,just lacks top end torque.Otherwise a very comfortable car to drive and tow a camper trailer with ease.Not suitable to tow caravans though as weight and towing rates will not be compliant.Economy good especially on cruise control.Plenty of space for luggage.Spare tyre not practical as not a full spare and causes inconvenience.Did have noise problems with power steering but great since problem was fixed.A car that could have been my last until we bought a caravan.Always used 95/98 octane fuel.

Brett Leete
Brett LeetePerth10 posts

Compact family wagon

Sleek looking compact wagon. Has all the trimmings including voice activated audio and cd player. Sea ts are comfortable with a good fabric and look. Tends to wear passenger rear tyre quicker than the rest. Excellent mileage on long runs. Electric windows with plenty of leg room. Perfect for the small family. Ample space in the bag for luggage or shopping.

Brett M
Brett MAU8 posts

Beautiful, simple car

Just bought a 2011 Mondeo with 18,000 kms on it. Just like it came off the show floor. A little under power for a wagon but great to drive and sticks to road like glue. Nice driving position and plenty of leg room for the whole family. Huge boot space and a lot of options in car for anyone who needs them.

Had it serviced last week by Ford (very competitive on price), no issues.

Overall a nice, cheap to run second car.

bubs
bubsEbernzer SA4 posts

best car ever

i would recommend the diesel ford mondeo to anyone i have had it for 9 years and its never let me down . It has plenty of room and the boot can fit so much in it. Mine is a also an automatic and the fuel ecomony is fantastic, n a 70litre tank I get around 900 to 1000 kms per tank.

Maurice Smith
Maurice SmithMid North Coast, NSW5 posts
  MC

Great car. Best Ford ever!

The Mondeo is a great car. It has virtually all the same fittings and accessories as our Mercedes and cost significantly less. The only fault I can find with this car is that it is extremely difficult to get the ignition key in. It's tucked away behind the steering wheel and you really need to open the front door to find the keyhole!

Other than that it does everything really well, without fuss, and once a year servicing is economical

Quickpig
Barry BollardMelbourne6 posts
Never again
Never againMiami
  MB

Amazing looking car but that's all

Just writing this review to help people out with the Oz td ford mondeo, a great looking car inside and out but that's about it. My ford that I just sold at a loss from all the issues I had with it, where to start? Stuck in 3 gear for no reason with all the warnings lights on, lots of money to find out the software lost its memory. All the lights staying on after car was locked, to find out I needed a new battery, then you can only go to BP to get diesel as shell and that make it ran tuff as guys with power loss. The hatch leaked water as well, Could go on with heaps of problems. Stay away from them!! Btw mine only had 60kms on it.

MattyK
MattyKBrisbane

R. D.
R. D.5 posts

Great economy

Bought a 2nd hand Mondeo 2012 Diesel wagon with 145,000 km with good body condition. It is very economical to run average tank 860km city driving. Had heard about transmission problems but made sure the car had an up to date service history and bought from a dealer not privately to give me the added warranty protection. My wife loves driving it. The 6 speed power shift transmission is intuitive when driving and has great pulling power up hills which for a 2 litre is excellent much better than my other car which is a 3.8 litre Mitsubishi. Very glad I bought it.

Show details ·  1

Gary
GaryCOLINTON2 posts
Barcyboy
BarcyboySouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Bargain Second Car

I picked up a Mondeo at auction not realising how good it was. It had all the bells and whistles that I associated with a much more modern car. The level of comfort and driveability were a nice surprise. The leather seats and sunroof was nice bonus. Bluetooth, parking sensors, sports gear shift, CD stacker, multiple air bags, electric driver's seat adjustments, dual climate controls, automatic wiper and lights along with Isofix baby seat fittings are just some of the enjoyable bonus items that I was not expecting with my "cheap" second car. It's now my favourite car to drive.

Gary
GarySydney11 posts
jeffreyobrien
jeffreyobrienNSW, 22298 posts
  MD

Fords never get old just just get better

my XR6 is awesome good on fuel great on comfort awesome car outright the nicest car Ive ever had as well its the best for trips I would always tell you if these were not a great car however THEY ARE just trust in your ford and drive it well

Dave
crankyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC4 posts
Brett.Taylor
Brett.TaylorAU4 posts

Great car - Bad Air con

Overall I've been very happy with my 2011 Zetec Mondeo Hatch. Fuel economy is good in the diesel and handles very well with a large boot. The only let down is the Aircon. It's blowing hot air and fuses. Taken it to Ford three times and they can't fix it? Asked another Ford dealership in Adelaide and they advised me the cost would be too high and they would need to get it to an air conditioner specialist. He diagnosed it as It could be the compressor or bad earthing? as the gas was good.

Simmo
SimmoMelbourne

Beware of the DSG

Well built car, ecoboost paired with power shift DSG was quick, smooth and responsive although slow to respond when pulling away from stopped. Equipment is a little dated now no screen for radio but it sounds great. I owned the Zetec and the seats were plain. Handling was good on fast sweeping bends but suspension was a little too soft for my liking. My owner experience didn't end well however as my service center didn't change the oil and filter in the DSG gearbox at 60000 kms resulting in the gearbox destroying itself at 90000 Kms. It is an $11000 fix! I traded it as it was and got less than $3000 for it.

Dave D
Bob.South East Queensland, QLD31 posts
chrismac
chrismacwollongong8 posts

Generally good

Bought the car with 75000ks and drove for 25000ks. The car is solidly built and handles well. Engine is smooth with plenty of torque.Fuel economy was great averaging 6.3 during all types of driving. I found the transmission at times hesitant particularly when accelerating in traffic and this was a little disconcerting. The air con is terrible, nowhere near as cold as it should be.

Nick422
Nick422Christchurch7 posts
David
DavidNorth Queensland, QLD18 posts
Consumer #1
Consumer #1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC21 posts

It's a ripper!

I had reservations but a couple of months into ownership it's proved to be a ripper. I believe it's sharing its 2.0L diesel engine with Peugeot and Citroen - the Ford uses their own transmission (Powershift) which is well matched. I came from a 4.0L Ford and this drives with a more responsive powerful feel. Finish is what you'd expect from a Ford. Has all the mod cons such as ACC and Sensors to make my drive safe. I'm averaging over 1000km for a tank (60L), so REALLY economical. On the road it handles really well, surefooted and tracking beautifully. Heaps of space, easy to use. Long trip a breeze, smooth and comfortable. Looks pretty good, feels strong - overall I'm happy.

Show details ·  1

paracin
paracinSydney, NSW38 posts
Nick
Nick2 posts
  MC

Fantastic car to drive & built to a high standard, great features

Great power & torque

Superb economy using 5.5ltrs per 100ks

High quality stereo & audio without distortion

Interior very spacious with lots of storage and boot space.

Easy to park

Not as loud as most Diesel engines

All round a amazing car that I liked so much bought another one for our family

Justin s
Justin s
  MD

Very happy with my purchase

I have just recently traded my 2013 MC mondeo diesel for the new 2016 MD mondeo petrol. The MD is a massive step up from the Mc model . The best thing about this car is the styling , espically the front grill . The drive us much more quiet and handling is slightly better . The transmission in the MC was very rough and noisy but the Md is the complete opposite, Can't even feel the gears change and is a pleasure to drive . Best car I have ever owned .

Have been educated Now