17Ford Mondeo

Peter SAdelaide7 posts
Cindy s
Cindy sMildura2 posts

Mecatronic unit problem

I got a mondeo titanium 2009 model had it for 5 months only had 102000klm on it.first i had to take it in because the diesel mondeo has to do burn offs mine had to be done manually to grt all the crap out then i Was driving my girls to school the car decided to throw it self into 1st doing 80klm took it to ford they had no idea what was going on then it did it again 3 weeks later. I called the car yard where i got from they didn't want to know about it. I took it back to ford they tell me i needed a new mecatronic unit put in after they had it for a week. Needless to say i lost out on thousands of dollars i loved the car interior and the look of the car is everything i wanted. Very disappointed

Have been educated Now
FaizSydney4 posts
saf
safSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts
  MA

Annoying design faults and cost of running

My Mondeo reminds me of my 1970 V8 station wagon. Why? Because around town it uses just as much fuel and its turning circle is just as large. Lovely to drive but terrible to have to turn around in a tight space. Its roomy with loads of boot but there is a price to pay.

Also, what genius decided that it would be a good idea to mount the lower door seal on the car body instead of the door? Picture getting out with boots on or especially getting out when you are parked along side another car such that you have to squeeze out. All too often your foot clips it and rips out the seal and a few clips. Brake bulbs blow about every 3 months. Would never recommend this car.

Kingo
Weston PPortland, Victoria5 posts
Gregt
GregtMurray Region, NSW13 posts
  MD

Fantastic car, comfortable, safe and great to drive!

Mine is a Titanium Wagon. It is well built, well equipped and very comfortable. The car performs perfectly, is great to drive and I'd rate it the best vehicle I've ever owned. Mine is diesel, economical and with great performance. I chose it above a Mercedes 250 wagon, better safety provisions and (for me) more comfortable with at least equivalent performance.

freitinhas
Scott_RolloSydney, NSW15 posts
hami
hamiAU
  MD

Bought this, it was very awesome

Let me share my experience with this car.

1 - This car is very good in drive, fuel wise is excellent

2 - Interior was very comfortable

3- Price tag is very reasonable of this car.

4- Best for families.

5- Good for long drive.

6- Seats are very comfortable.

John L
Bob.South East Queensland, QLD29 posts
Dave Timson
Dave TimsonPerth, WA14 posts

Mondeo ecoboost

This vehicle is very good, excellent ride and trim quality. The power shift gear is still a bit notchy but if you drive like a pensioner then its fine if you want to go use the sport shift which is great.

Fuel consumption is not as good as the figures claim but still good for the size of car and performance.

The Zetec is the better spec to pick unless you can justify the Titanium but is not worth the extra cost.

Built in Belgium so build quality is up there with the German manufacturers so should last long.

Only draw back is the value it will loose with it being a mondeo.

Prefers to run on 95 Ron Fuel so keep that in mind when filling up.

The Hatch version has a big storage space so go for this over the sedan, no point.

Tim
TimNew South Wales4 posts

2008 TDCi Ford Mondeo

Bought the car with 80K for a song. Up to 125K with no major issues. Had a flat battery and the Battery World guy stuffed up and left me with a car with the security system armed. All the internet hints were rubbish. I was about to tow to Ford when my mechanic mate disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and all good (even Ford service couldn't help me) so all good. I just had a noisy steering pump. It was the reservoir (blocked gauze filter) replaced with new one (with removable filter) from Ford and all good. This car is amazing on fuel, safety, and comfort. Tows my van like a champion and is great for really long trips (last Bris to Adelaide). I will buy another one.

Scott free
Kyle ASydney, NSW3 posts
Joy
JoyVictoria6 posts

Great Gorgeous Car!

I own the 2013 Zetec TDCi. Sips very little fuel. I average 6.5L/100kms and still haven't gone on a long enough trip. The trim inside is soft and feels premium. Capped price servicing and a free RACV membership when serviced at Ford Dealers. Even Brake pad changes are capped. The boot is massive. Overall a fantastic car and I absolutely love it.

Allen10
Allen10Sydney Surrounds, NSW26 posts
  MC

Every gadget you would ever want in a road car

The cooling is not good enough for the size of the engine. It's a very comfortable car but not the pick up you would expect. A diesel 4x4 accelerates faster.

bt1531951
bt1531951NSW, 2731111 posts

Mondeo TDCI Update Review

Well our 2007 Mondeo has now done over the 100,000 klm now and has never missed a beat. Only normal servicing by our local Ford Dealer in Echuca at very reasonable prices. I have replaced the front brake pads myself and tyres of course. This car amazes me, the mileage on highway running for the turbo diesel is 6.5 litres per 100klm. I even towed our van for a couple of trips and it returned a 10.5 litres per 100klm. No complaints here and it is one of the best cars I have owned. I highly recommend it to anyone. Of course I am only referring to the TDCI model, don't know about the petrol version.
Reliability, economy, comfort, features...
Could do with a light on the key switch, but maybe they have that now? Show details
lozzam
lozzamvictoria, 31067 posts
amac01
amac01AU4 posts
  MC

One of the best Fords on the market

I have owned this car for 18 months (Zetec model). It drives and handles really nicely, like a much more expensive european car. The build quality is good, and am still happy with it 18 months on. Servicing costs are reasonable and the fuel economy is around 6-7 litres per 100 around the city.
Drive and handling
Windscreen wipers really expensive to replace around $90 Show details
ANDY
ANDYPERTH11 posts
  MC

This car gets better as it gets older!

I must confess, I wasn't really happy with this car first off. I heard so many good reviews about it and as a result didn't think of taking for a test drive. Anyway took a while to get used to and now I love it. Beware... I had issues with power steering pump. This is a common fault. Get it checked out before your warranty runs out. You'll hear it, it's just like a whining at low speeds. You don't have to be turning the steering neither. Petrol consumption wise, I am now averaging 7.4 per 100kms. I am currently on 39000kms. Like I said this car gets better as it gets older.
A good looking practical car.
Noisy power steering pump. Ford tech guys not used to european car and a bit clueless I think. Show details
snins
sninsCairns2 posts
Maso
MasoAdelaide7 posts

Awesome Car

What an absolute joy to drive. Luxurious and well appointed. Unbelievable fuel economy from the powerful diesel engine. Get over 1000klm per tank. The features are astounding and what you would expect in a car costing three times as much. A beautiful looking car with great proportions that often solicits positive comments from passers by.
Adaptive cruise control and keyless start
Build quality a little below par Show details
jazz83
jazz83AU2 posts

Great family car

We bought this car as we wanted to upgrade, it is a really smooth ride both my kids love it they tend to fall asleep on longer journeys. Lots of leg room in the back seats so your young ones don't feel too enclosed with front seats being so close to their legs.
Rear seats are wide enough for 3 car seats across, lots of boot space and has a blind to cover it, good lighting inside the car, energy efficient
Left hand side indicators and right hand side wipers take a bit of getting used to Show details
GeeEm61
GeeEm61Sydney, NSW11 posts
Patty
PattyNorthern Region, NSW21 posts

MB 2009 Ford Mondeo Wagon Petrol 2.3L

Great car, some minor cosmetic issues however resolved at the right Ford Dealer, one dealer was very tough and then went to another to get all issues raised corrected. Running at 9.5l per 100km, if a lot of highway use in the low 7 or 8L /100km. 6 speed gearbox a little jerky but mostly all round a good car with full safety pack. 5 Star Ancap.
Reasonable well built a cheap to run even on the petrol model compared to the Commodore wagon same year.
Sometimes little rattle here and there. If Ford dealer gives any trouble with warranty, just go to another dealer, Springwood QLD perhaps. Show details

Happy chappy15
Happy chappy15AU

Brilliant family hatch

Picked up a TDCi hatch titanium. Brilliant little performer and great value for money! Only gripe from partner is lack of reversing camera, but for me the sensors are fine. Sat nav would be nice too but an easy fix. Considering all the other features you get those minor shortcomings are soon forgotten. The keyless entry plus start is infinitely handy as is the massive boot!
Boot, features, economy, styling
Lack of sat nav Show details
dazza2701
dazza2701Central Coast2 posts
AL2011
AL2011AU55 posts
wendy1976
wendy1976Australia8 posts
  MB

This is a fantastic car to drive. It handles so well and has the European stylish appearance. The Zetec model is packed with features including being able to have a different temperature setting on the driver's side to the passengers side. We have the diesel and the fuel consumption is fantastic. The boot space is also large enough to fit a bundle of baby items including prams, etc. The rear and front parking sensors make parking this car so easy to park in small spaces. Highly recommended.
I love how this car handles. It also looks stylish and has a large boot.
Nothing at all. Show details