17Ford Mondeo

amckern
amckernAU8 posts
  MC

Nice upgrade

Brought the 2010 model as a 2nd hand car with 6000km on the clock, filled the car up, and am still running on my first 50L.

Car is not as wide as my old 99 Holden CommonDoor, but has plenty of room in side - highly recommend for a family car if your cant afford a full sized car, or don't like the larger ones.

Nice Big boot and wonderfully designed dash board (if you dont want to use voice control)
Fuel, finishing, climate control
Takes a while to respond when you put you foot down Show details

fennessyj
fennessyj5 posts
Salman
SalmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC167 posts
  MB

A dealer let me spend a weekend with this car. I ultimately chose the G6E over this car but it impressed me very much. If I had needed a third car or something slightly smaller than a G6E this would be my first choice.

This car surprised me in how it felt. It had a much more together feel than any Japanese car of the same size had ever felt. Its Diesel engine was very powerful and the car was surprisingly quiet and roomy.

I totally recommend it.
Very solid and big car feel, very large and versatile luggage are with hatch, nicely put together. Very powerful diesel engine, great gearbox, very very nice James Bond styling, very surefooted.
The aircon dials are a bit old fashioned Show details

wusyc
wusycGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC25 posts
Hammerhead
Hammerhead6 posts
  MC

Ok car but trading happily now

Loved the car to start with but felt like it dated quickly. I like Fords in fact I pick up a new Territory on Friday so I cannot knock the vehicles. My Mondeo has served me well. Great on fuel. Will never buy a car without leather again though. Water leaks in through the hatch in heavy rain and I have had a knocking in the exhaust that I have not been able to get sorted in 6 services.

Other than that great car with excellent styling, good performance and a benchmark in its class without doubt. Fords I find get better as you go up the range and I will always go top of range now.
Cheap motoring, lovely styling.
Rattles in chassis never solved. Show details

Josh Berriman
Josh Berriman

It sounds as if you have a problem with your door seals, which is why water is leaking in.

Extra Information