MB, MA, MD, MC

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Flawed gearbox

If it wasn't for the gearbox I would be happy with this car, over 1100km range from 70l tank of diesel.
2014 mc tdi lx wagon with 85000 on the clock, still looks like new in engine compartment but just had major gearbox failure.
Spent over $6000 getting dual clutch repaired at 70000km.
I would strongly advise to not even consider buying a Ford with a dual clutch sports shift transmission as they are flawed, extremely complex and expensive to repair. The mechanic currently with the car has a Ford Kuga with 40000km also with a failed transmission.
Now most likely scrap the car as I'm reluctant to waste more money and just accept the loss of probably over $12000
I think I'm off Fords for life after this experience.

TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)
Year2014
7empest
7empestCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A total lemon

I bought my Mondeo because it was European made and fuel efficient, but it’s turned out to be a total lemon. The first major repair was a blown transmission - a $7,000 repair. Since then it’s been one issue after another. Avoid at all costs!

Purchased in May 2012 for $15,500.00.

Daniel
DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Started out as great vehicle, but now...

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in February 2018 at Byrne Ford for $33,000.00.

Cars

Find out how Ford Mondeo compares to other Cars

Dazza
Dazza

Transmission is faulty put in park and rolls forward, put in reverse and rolls forward

Not happy with ford vehicles in general because of problems I’ve had with 2015 kuga replacement motor replacement transmission which I had to pay for it and 40 didn’t want to know about it and didn’t answer my phone calls. Disappointed and forward seven forwards in the last 12 years and will never buy forwards again, what the hell, Ford are going downhill. Which I had to pay for and ford didn’t want to know about it and didn’t answer my phone calls.

BadgeTitanium
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Mick Dobee
Mick DobeeSydney, NSW

It never actually let me down on the side of the street, but it has way too many issues - STAY AWAY!

BadgeTitanium TDCi
Date PurchasedMay 2012

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Transmission issues

The ford mondeo is not a good car. After 5 months i started having transmission issues. Took it to several places and costing hundreds, it still isnt fixed. I finally got into a ford machanic and was told to cut my losses and sell quick as possible. To fix the 2 sences in the gearbox would cost me around $5000. I saved everything to buy this car and now im stuck the a broken car, no savings and faults after faults

BadgeLX TDCi
Date PurchasedDec 2016
Ross Richards
Ross RichardsPerth, WA

Uh Oh

I took my car to Ford at Midland for a service. It came back with a transmission fault. I spent several hundred dollars trying to get the problem diagnosed, not solved...diagnosed. Ford Midland basically said buy a new car. The Ford Mondeo is not reliable. I had a 2 litre Torq diesel. The car was about 7 years old and perfectly maintained. I've never seen such poor problem ownership as I have with Ford. They basically washed their hands even though they created the fault. I had to sell my car with money still owing on it.

BadgeTDCi