MB, MA, MD, MC

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Simmo

SimmoMelbourne

Beware of the DSG

Well built car, ecoboost paired with power shift DSG was quick, smooth and responsive although slow to respond when pulling away from stopped. Equipment is a little dated now no screen for radio but it sounds great. I owned the Zetec and the seats were plain. Handling was good on fast sweeping bends but suspension was a little too soft for my liking. My owner experience didn't end well however as my service center didn't change the oil and filter in the DSG gearbox at 60000 kms resulting in the gearbox destroying itself at 90000 Kms. It is an $11000 fix! I traded it as it was and got less than $3000 for it.

BadgeZetec EcoBoost
TransmissionDCT
Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedAug 2014
Dave D

Dave Dsydney

Great car but some quality issues

BadgeAmbiente
Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Cars

Find out how Ford Mondeo compares to other Cars

Cindy s

Cindy sMildura

Mecatronic unit problem

I got a mondeo titanium 2009 model had it for 5 months only had 102000klm on it.first i had to take it in because the diesel mondeo has to do burn offs mine had to be done manually to grt all the crap out then i Was driving my girls to school the car decided to throw it self into 1st doing 80klm took it to ford they had no idea what was going on then it did it again 3 weeks later. I called the car yard where i got from they didn't want to know about it. I took it back to ford they tell me i needed a new mecatronic unit put in after they had it for a week. Needless to say i lost out on thousands of dollars i loved the car interior and the look of the car is everything i wanted. Very disappointed

BadgeTitanium TDCi
saf

safSydney Surrounds, NSW

Annoying design faults and cost of running

My Mondeo reminds me of my 1970 V8 station wagon. Why? Because around town it uses just as much fuel and its turning circle is just as large. Lovely to drive but terrible to have to turn around in a tight space. Its roomy with loads of boot but there is a price to pay.
Also, what genius decided that it would be a good idea to mount the lower door seal on the car body instead of the door? Picture getting out with boots on or especially getting out when you are parked along side another car such that you have to squeeze out. All too often your foot clips it and rips out the seal and a few clips. Brake bulbs blow about every 3 months. Would never recommend this car.

BadgeZetec

Kyle ASydney, NSW

Good Car spoilt by Clutch and Water Leak

Allen10

Allen10AU

Every gadget you would ever want in a road car

The cooling is not good enough for the size of the engine. It's a very comfortable car but not the pick up you would expect. A diesel 4x4 accelerates faster.

Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Ok car but trading happily now.

Loved the car to start with but felt like it dated quickly. I like Fords in fact I pick up a new Territory on Friday so I cannot knock the vehicles. My Mondeo has served me well. Great on fuel. Will never buy a car without leather again though. Water leaks in through the hatch in heavy rain and I have had a knocking in the exhaust that I have not been able to get sorted in 6 services.
Other than that great car with excellent styling, good performance and a benchmark in its class without doubt. Fords I find get better as you go up the range and I will always go top of range now.
Cheap motoring, lovely styling.
Rattles in chassis never solved.

Josh Berriman
Josh Berriman

It sounds as if you have a problem with your door seals, which is why water is leaking in.