Ford Ranger

Glow plugs

Performs well 2018 Ranger recall for glow plugs.
Ford agent after trying to remove glow plug snapped off had to remove cylinder head only done 17000 km. If you purchase make sure no recalls on model purchased. Not a good look for Ford using inferior glow plugs. 150 w Inverter behind seat for 240 v charging of smart phone failed.

Great vehicle, however....

After a lot of research I purchased a new Ford Ranger XLT Supercab with Tech Pack in 2016. In my opinion it was the best equipped ute in its class and (again my opinion) by far the best looking. 2 years on I still love the vehicle. It has been 100% reliable with absolutely no mechanical or electrical issues so far. However I am extremely disappointed with two things in particular. Firstly the paint. I paid extra for premium paint and on close inspection you can definitely see the "orange peel" which I feel is poor for a close to $60,000 car. Also the paint appears to be ultra thin. It scratches and chips far too easily. Secondly the panels are almost as thin as the paint. Even when washing you need to be very careful to not exert too much force as even a relatively light touch is enough to push a panel in and as I unfortunately found out, it doesn't always pop back out. All in all, a fantastic vehicle with some very disappointing flaws.

CabSuper
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Not that good on fuel why

Hi i have a 2010 3ltr atuo turbo diesel With 60 ltrs of diesel i am only getting
Around 450 k's to a tank.
Gets services all the time. Why would this be.i bought this as i thought it would be awesome on fuel
What should I do i think it should be around 600 k's to a tank

BadgeXL Hi-Rider
Engine Size3.0ltr
Date PurchasedMay 2010

Love my Ranger

With plenty of power to tow, comfortable seats and good fuel economy we are very happy with our 2014 Wildtrack..
we purchased it second hand with 112 thousand kms in the clock, and we have since travelled 36,000 kms including a 13, 500 trip to Darwin and North Qld.
It has not missed a beat

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ranger wind noise

Its very comfortable, good visibility, fits four comfortably, safety features are top rate as is the dash technology. Plenty of power and a good ride over rough terrain.
But It’s thirsty, hard to park in small spaces and the wind noise in the cab is a design fault I assume. I have taken it back twice to rectify but with no success. At present I am taping up the drivers door frame to try and find the fault.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Ute

Had my fx4 2017 for over a year now can’t fault it
I’ve pushed it to its limits bush 4wd sand snow towing and has performed out standing very comfortable inside (fx4 leather) best Ute I’ve ever owned I also had the previous mk1 2012 and enjoy it so much I had only one Ute in mind when I upgraded

BadgeFX4 Special Edition
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very Poor Auto Transmission

Biggest issue with the vehicle is the automatic transmission, it is the worst I have ever driven by far and I have owned Automatics from a 1967 Fairlane to many others through the years, I am also a trade qualified motor mechanic and worked in the industry for 10 years. The first 3 gears tend to change to early (at low revs) especially the shift between 2 and 3, then you have to put your foot down to keep moving because the engine is lugging, then the engine revs flare like it is slipping a clutch or the converter. This problem didn't exist when I picked it up but was very evident at 3,000 km. Have taken it back to the dealer and they tell me they are all like that, it is "normal" which I find hard to believe.

BadgeXL
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car

Picked up my new ford ranger last week, it’s a great car with plenty of torque. The car is awesome, just unfortunate that the service from Binks Ford in Victoria was so horrible. I would highly recommend the car for around town or some serious four wheel driving. Ver happy!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Gets the job done

I bought my Ranger new in 2011 and have now done 110,000ks. I find the car pretty comfortable around town on the highway or out bush. I have replaced the clutch with a single mass flywheel unit, blocked the egr and put in an oil catch can. All worthwhile jobs on any diesel like this. Other mods include new suspension, snorkel, a canopy and barwork. My car only ever went to ford for the first service since then I have done all the maintainance and mods myself as my faith in car stealerships is non existent. The car has given very little cause for concern, the only leak has been from the top seal on the gearbox which i fixed while doing the clutch. I found while fitting a snorkel.that mud, sand etc. builds up.in the inner guard, it can be flushed out with a garden hose at the bottom rear of the front quarter panel with the front door open. Just jam the hose in and wash it out.

Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedAug 2011

My new office

This vehicle exceeds all my expectations ,just upgraded from a Nissan navara test drove a Toyota hilux sr5 they have a long way to go to catch up, cant go wrong with the Ranger Excellent

Limp mode

Only just over 100,000 kms and fully serviced and just turned 5 years old , I'm not to happy with my ranger . WHY you ask - From changing my water pump after losing coolant and going into limp mode twice ???? ( didn't over heat ,straight to service and new water pump ) Then losing more coolant ( straight to service ,pressure tested , hose clamp replace?????) still losing coolant ????? Went through 29-31 litres over 1800-2100 kms ?...then limp mode every 2-3 kms last week so straight to service centre 3 rd time back to ford service . They don't know what is wrong with it ???? It might drive great but not too happy with the ranger and the ford service company that I brought the car from

BadgeXLT Hi-Rider
Date PurchasedJun 2013

Very dissatisfied

Drives very well when everything works (rarely) However I have owned my XLT for 4 months and its done 8,000ks.
Have had a never ending list of things going wrong/not working.
Voice activation is intermittent.
Cruise control was intermittent till it gradually became non operational (This may have been fixed replaced front camera after 4 visits to Trevans in Lismore) front sensor same as cruise control.
Engine loses power (like the key has been turned off and then back on).
Headlights are very dim.
Radio reception is very very poor.
Nav system was several years out of date when I picked it up (didn't show Pac Hwy deviations that were 4 years old).
Drivers seat is uncomfortable (lumber support wrong height).
Trevans have been difficult to deal with and have tried ignoring my calls and visits, to no avail.
Ford Australia have been paying lip service only to my complaints
I would certainly not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

CabSuper

Great Ute

I have owned the HiRider XLT for 18 months. It consistently gets 9.2l per 100klm fuel economy and service costs are around 400 per service. Very reliable and has great torque and power. Suspension is comfortable without a load. I previously owned a Hilux which was also a great ute, alas I couldn't wait 3 months for s black one so chose the Ranger. You will not be disappointed!

BadgeXLT Hi-Rider
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Rubbish dealer won't warrant issues

I have warnings, car loses power some times when overtaking (A serious issue), starting issues, Collision assist issues etc. Ford said Diagnostics are perfect. My mechanic's (non Ford dealer) Diagnostics light up like a xmas tree. Ford will not repair wont return calls and emails. I think its a major cost to them. Am trading it in, let that dealer deal with it -the ute is crap.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Wildtrak

Love it great strong car looks and performs well although a turbo diesel v8 would go great with this awesome package, just about drives itself with all of the gadgets and gizmos
I think if the colour selection went further eg winning blue in wildtrak would be top notch
thanks Ford

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Happy with Ranger XLT 3.2 2017

Only 5000 k so far very impressive.
Pros.
Looks , power , infotainment ,plenty 12v charging,smooth steering

Cons
Bit chewy on fuel on short runs 12-13L
No start stop button..newer models might have
Hate the door charms

Overall so far very impressed and will continue to provide feedback as i go.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Have an issue with the indicators flashing at double speed on half turn to full turn of the steerin

We have developed an issue with the left and right indicators? They are working fine, no blown globes, but when the steering wheel is turned half or more, they will flash at
Double speed, like a normal car would if a bulb has blown? Not sure what is causing this or if it is actually a feature we don’t know about? Please help?

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Rubbish

Engine died at 46000km. Dealer has had vehicle for 7 weeks now and I cannot get Ford Customer “Care” to reply to any form of contact. Totally unacceptable. Seems to be a common problem. Ford can’t or won’t tell me if they have fixed the base problem so I expect that the same thing will happen again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

very poor

my 2017 ford ranger xlt handles well poor performance and extremely noisy to the point I hate driving it even worse when I pull my two and a half ton caravan vibration no power ford don't want to know the car has been back a number of times with no improvement at all they keep telling me its a soft ware upgrade the vibration is in the Drive Line !! and is getting considerably worse not a soft ware upgrade guess next stop consumer affairs.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Best dual cab ever

I have purchased the 2018 wildtrak and am over the moon. It has so much features and power ,tows my boat easily can not fault it absolute pleasure to drive. I drive the Hilux SR5 at work and look forward to getting in the ranger at the end of shift way more power and luxury .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Hi do they have a problem with split engine oil cooler putting oil in the cooling system?

hi new to the ranger family how do i tell if my ranger is px or px.11 or whatever it a ausie damaged nz repaired 2018 w track ps i dont have a manual

I have a 2012 ranger 2.2 and drove to shops and grabbed a coffee,put it in drive to go and nothing,all it did was rev high. Turned car off for few minutes and started it again,put it in drive and we got 50mtrs down the road and it did same thing just rev out. Did that a few times so put it on flatbed and sent it to ford springboard They apparently took the sump of and a quick look determined it needed a new trans at a cost of $7500. I’ve spoken to mechanic friends and they were talking about mechatronic plates gone. I don’t know what to do,I just don’t believe a car that’s done 165000ks with no trailer/caravan or heavy load towing can do a gearbox. Apparently ford had a recall of automatic transmission with vehicles built between Nov 2011 and Nov 2012. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here because I’m just shocked at what’s going on thanks
2012 ranger, same problem, auto trans failure at 130000, fords response, out of warranty, not our problemI’ve just put mine into get repaired $5218 for reconditioned exchange transmission Ford quoted me $7500 wth is going on with these rangers and why won’t ford step up and admit fault It’s the bearing in the torque converter that collapses and causes fine metal filings to go right they the transmission until it eventually fails Ford knows this is the problem that’s why they fixed it on later model RangersI've had the same problem with my 2016 Wildtrak with 85km on the clock, Put it in drive and it just revs out. had the vehicle towed to the dealer where the transmission control module was replaced. 2 days later and the problem came back. Ford dropped the pan and found it was full of metal and burnt oil, now replacing the transmission, torque converter and oil cooler.

Similar listings