Ford Ranger

Not that good on fuel why

Hi i have a 2010 3ltr atuo turbo diesel With 60 ltrs of diesel i am only getting
Around 450 k's to a tank.
Gets services all the time. Why would this be.i bought this as i thought it would be awesome on fuel
What should I do i think it should be around 600 k's to a tank

BadgeXL Hi-Rider
Engine Size3.0ltr
Date PurchasedMay 2010

Love my Ranger

With plenty of power to tow, comfortable seats and good fuel economy we are very happy with our 2014 Wildtrack..
we purchased it second hand with 112 thousand kms in the clock, and we have since travelled 36,000 kms including a 13, 500 trip to Darwin and North Qld.
It has not missed a beat

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ranger wind noise

Its very comfortable, good visibility, fits four comfortably, safety features are top rate as is the dash technology. Plenty of power and a good ride over rough terrain.
But It’s thirsty, hard to park in small spaces and the wind noise in the cab is a design fault I assume. I have taken it back twice to rectify but with no success. At present I am taping up the drivers door frame to try and find the fault.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Ute

Had my fx4 2017 for over a year now can’t fault it
I’ve pushed it to its limits bush 4wd sand snow towing and has performed out standing very comfortable inside (fx4 leather) best Ute I’ve ever owned I also had the previous mk1 2012 and enjoy it so much I had only one Ute in mind when I upgraded

BadgeFX4 Special Edition
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very Poor Auto Transmission

Biggest issue with the vehicle is the automatic transmission, it is the worst I have ever driven by far and I have owned Automatics from a 1967 Fairlane to many others through the years, I am also a trade qualified motor mechanic and worked in the industry for 10 years. The first 3 gears tend to change to early (at low revs) especially the shift between 2 and 3, then you have to put your foot down to keep moving because the engine is lugging, then the engine revs flare like it is slipping a clutch or the converter. This problem didn't exist when I picked it up but was very evident at 3,000 km. Have taken it back to the dealer and they tell me they are all like that, it is "normal" which I find hard to believe.

BadgeXL
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car

Picked up my new ford ranger last week, it’s a great car with plenty of torque. The car is awesome, just unfortunate that the service from Binks Ford in Victoria was so horrible. I would highly recommend the car for around town or some serious four wheel driving. Ver happy!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Gets the job done

I bought my Ranger new in 2011 and have now done 110,000ks. I find the car pretty comfortable around town on the highway or out bush. I have replaced the clutch with a single mass flywheel unit, blocked the egr and put in an oil catch can. All worthwhile jobs on any diesel like this. Other mods include new suspension, snorkel, a canopy and barwork. My car only ever went to ford for the first service since then I have done all the maintainance and mods myself as my faith in car stealerships is non existent. The car has given very little cause for concern, the only leak has been from the top seal on the gearbox which i fixed while doing the clutch. I found while fitting a snorkel.that mud, sand etc. builds up.in the inner guard, it can be flushed out with a garden hose at the bottom rear of the front quarter panel with the front door open. Just jam the hose in and wash it out.

Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedAug 2011

My new office

This vehicle exceeds all my expectations ,just upgraded from a Nissan navara test drove a Toyota hilux sr5 they have a long way to go to catch up, cant go wrong with the Ranger Excellent

Limp mode

Only just over 100,000 kms and fully serviced and just turned 5 years old , I'm not to happy with my ranger . WHY you ask - From changing my water pump after losing coolant and going into limp mode twice ???? ( didn't over heat ,straight to service and new water pump ) Then losing more coolant ( straight to service ,pressure tested , hose clamp replace?????) still losing coolant ????? Went through 29-31 litres over 1800-2100 kms ?...then limp mode every 2-3 kms last week so straight to service centre 3 rd time back to ford service . They don't know what is wrong with it ???? It might drive great but not too happy with the ranger and the ford service company that I brought the car from

BadgeXLT Hi-Rider
Date PurchasedJun 2013

Very dissatisfied

Drives very well when everything works (rarely) However I have owned my XLT for 4 months and its done 8,000ks.
Have had a never ending list of things going wrong/not working.
Voice activation is intermittent.
Cruise control was intermittent till it gradually became non operational (This may have been fixed replaced front camera after 4 visits to Trevans in Lismore) front sensor same as cruise control.
Engine loses power (like the key has been turned off and then back on).
Headlights are very dim.
Radio reception is very very poor.
Nav system was several years out of date when I picked it up (didn't show Pac Hwy deviations that were 4 years old).
Drivers seat is uncomfortable (lumber support wrong height).
Trevans have been difficult to deal with and have tried ignoring my calls and visits, to no avail.
Ford Australia have been paying lip service only to my complaints
I would certainly not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

CabSuper
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great Ute

I have owned the HiRider XLT for 18 months. It consistently gets 9.2l per 100klm fuel economy and service costs are around 400 per service. Very reliable and has great torque and power. Suspension is comfortable without a load. I previously owned a Hilux which was also a great ute, alas I couldn't wait 3 months for s black one so chose the Ranger. You will not be disappointed!

BadgeXLT Hi-Rider
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Rubbish dealer won't warrant issues

I have warnings, car loses power some times when overtaking (A serious issue), starting issues, Collision assist issues etc. Ford said Diagnostics are perfect. My mechanic's (non Ford dealer) Diagnostics light up like a xmas tree. Ford will not repair wont return calls and emails. I think its a major cost to them. Am trading it in, let that dealer deal with it -the ute is crap.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Wildtrak

Love it great strong car looks and performs well although a turbo diesel v8 would go great with this awesome package, just about drives itself with all of the gadgets and gizmos
I think if the colour selection went further eg winning blue in wildtrak would be top notch
thanks Ford

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Happy with Ranger XLT 3.2 2017

Only 5000 k so far very impressive.
Pros.
Looks , power , infotainment ,plenty 12v charging,smooth steering

Cons
Bit chewy on fuel on short runs 12-13L
No start stop button..newer models might have
Hate the door charms

Overall so far very impressed and will continue to provide feedback as i go.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Have an issue with the indicators flashing at double speed on half turn to full turn of the steerin

We have developed an issue with the left and right indicators? They are working fine, no blown globes, but when the steering wheel is turned half or more, they will flash at
Double speed, like a normal car would if a bulb has blown? Not sure what is causing this or if it is actually a feature we don’t know about? Please help?

Rubbish

Engine died at 46000km. Dealer has had vehicle for 7 weeks now and I cannot get Ford Customer “Care” to reply to any form of contact. Totally unacceptable. Seems to be a common problem. Ford can’t or won’t tell me if they have fixed the base problem so I expect that the same thing will happen again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

very poor

my 2017 ford ranger xlt handles well poor performance and extremely noisy to the point I hate driving it even worse when I pull my two and a half ton caravan vibration no power ford don't want to know the car has been back a number of times with no improvement at all they keep telling me its a soft ware upgrade the vibration is in the Drive Line !! and is getting considerably worse not a soft ware upgrade guess next stop consumer affairs.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Best dual cab ever

I have purchased the 2018 wildtrak and am over the moon. It has so much features and power ,tows my boat easily can not fault it absolute pleasure to drive. I drive the Hilux SR5 at work and look forward to getting in the ranger at the end of shift way more power and luxury .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

A HORSE & CART WOULD BE 100% MORE RELIABLE than Mazda BT50 and Ford Ranger

Don't even consider Mazda BT50 or Ford Ranger Diesel 2012 thru to present model..............unmitigated junk
Ford Rangers are a re-badged Mazda with the same ridiculous engine.
Just type in "Mazda BT50 Problems" in any search engine for 2 or 3 hours of horror stories.
The FINAL STRAW was when I saw numerous client's vehicles diesel engines SELF DESTRUCT because they took longer than 10 minutes to drain and refill the engine oil ! ......... how could the designer of this engine sleep at night ? ,,,,, This is not mentioned BY MAZDA or FORD to any buyer of these veritable time-bombs......... what the hell were they thinking ?????????
The owner is surely entitled to know of this basic fact since he may choose to change his oil every 5,000k and let his mechanic change it every 10,000k.
So many young tradies are getting "caught" out . Their dads will likely say "Let it drain out all the old oil while you grab your lunch, and so more dirt will drip out"...... not realising this is a sure-fire recipe for disaster. Two or three k's up the road and it's all OVER. as taking longer than 10 minutes to drain and get fresh oil in and engine fired, has a 9 in 10 chance of getting an unrecoverable "air lock" in the Lubrication System and not "self-bleed", with the result of zero lubrication and zero oil pressure, which results in "seized" engine components as they fuse together due to no oil, which supplies acceptable friction-proofing as well as cooling.
Another "design fault": ....... if the PCV System is left as per factory original (Positive Crankcase Ventilation). prepare for very expensive damage, or ruined engine..;see your mechanic for modifications.
If its too late and you already own one and still want to keep it, for YOUR sake change the engine oil and filter every 5,000k if non synthetic oil is specified, and every 10,000k if Synthetic is specified.........dont exceed by even 1 kilometre ! If anything, do it even sooner. Ignore this advice at YOUR peril.........and your wallet.
Even the much ridiculed Lada Niva and Holden Camira were "streets ahead" of BT50 and Ranger Diesels (Rudolf Diesel will be turning in his grave)
The first 3 diesels of renown reliability that come to mind are the MERCEDES, ISUZU and TOYOTA prior to 2000

BodyALL
CabALL
DriveALL
BadgeALL
Engine SizeALL
TransmissionALL

Get the XL cab chassis-it’s a real 4WD

This is a next generational vehicle. Don’t bother with an automatic, unless you live in the city! Good luck with that . For a country ute (not a twin cab) this is an exceptional vehicle. I have the steel tray made in Vic, galvanised with 18inch sides. Fantastic. Put Goodyear A/Ts on it and Hayman Reece bridle with ARB bar.
Unreal in sand, the 4WD selector is fantastic. Forget Ford servicing, do it all yourself! I service mine at 5000 km intervals (engine oil) and also halve all lubricant services as well. Top ute which is reliable, good looking and for me, has links back to the good old USA . My other vehicle is a Harley - enough said!

CabSingle