VM, VO
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ford

• Comfort
  • Features
Bruno F
Bruno FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute GARBAGE from rust to multiple sensor failure and mechanical failure just buy something else

Ignition switch failure
Mass airflow sensor failure
Fuel solenoid failure
Fuel filter early failure
Water cooling joint breakage just by gently wagging it to disconnect the hose

I could go forever
Shocking service
No parts available not even at Ford dealership

Go straight past it

Purchased in October 2011.

Don't do it to yourself

Purchased in June 2017 for $55,000.00.

absolutely pain in the Ass

TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedAug 2012
Trevor S
Trevor Sbairnsdale

82000 km and needs new motor

Five years old, country 82000 kms, with no warning shudder shudder shudder engine gone, Ford quotes $10000.00 to fix, that's a bit of bad luck. What's the point in having something great to drive if it doesn't work.and work it is supposed to do, now it's off the road for as long as it takes, and I do my deliveries in a wheelbarrow?

Badge(No Badge)
BodyCab Chassis
Engine Size2.2L Turbo
Date PurchasedMar 2013

Tony
TonyTolga

Not Happy Ford

I have enjoyed the two years of owning this vehicle. But at 70,000km, the clutch has gone including gear box. Ford Customer Fleet Care has not been helpful at all. I've been without my vehicle for 5 weeks and still waiting on parts. And with this being my work vehicle which I work out of every day, it becomes Very disturbing. I know we live in North Queensland but we do have Daily Air Freight Services. I would not recommend a Ford due to lack of service from Customer Care plus the fact of it's age and such major problems at such low Km.

Badge350L
Engine Size2.2L Turbo
Date PurchasedJune 2014
Bas
BasSydney, NSW

Never again

Must be the worst van in the world! Everything has gone wrong - timing chain jumping- rear wheel seal leaks- water pump- vacuum pump - hydraulic clutch pump- belt tensioner- clutch- many more things. Parts are extremely expensive and ford charge 3 times more than aftermarket products. Every mechanic I've been to hates these vans.

Date PurchasedJan 2006

Deliberate engineering of products so they only last for the warranty period.

Badge350L

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

piece of ^%&*

My partner has a 2008 2.4 turbo diesel and we have spent thousands on this piece of $%^$. I have come on here to see if anyone else has had their drive chain (timing chain) snap on them. We need as many people to come forward as possible. If you are one of many please message me

Badge(No Badge)
TransmissionManual

Timeing chain tensioner failure.

Ex-rental 6-berth. Engine died after 13 months ownership and 10000klms use. Seemed like a good buy at $55000. Just spent $14000. On new engine, clutch and injectors (fitted). Expensive when they go wrong. Timing chain tensioner fault is well known. Word of warning. Have it checked and replaced. Would not buy again.

Badge290
Body6-berth motorhome.

Tony
TonyAdelaide

Don't buy get something else

Owned it from new 2010 model to date have had gearbox replace under warranty twice in the last 12 months rear seals replaced four times tail shaft yoke twice and still no answers from ford they have claimed it's wear and tear car has travelled 197000 k's I know that is a lot but as the car has only been used for long distance driving and carrying no load or towing I think that maybe there's a issue with the six speed manual don't your self a favour buy something else
Engine power is good for a turbo diesel
Gearbox

Nototransit
NototransitMelbourne

Do not buy a ford transit

Ian70
Ian70AU

Junk.

Where to start? Brake rotors; twice. EGR valve, twice; water pump. I bought this van for it's carrying capacity and it can definitely take the weight I put in it...but it's just not worth the grey hair. It's one of the most unreliable vehicles I have ever owned. I used to like Fords...not anymore.
Load capacity. It has a barn doors option. It has very good rear visibility. Good fuel economy on the diesel.
Unreliable. It's a money pit. The standard jack included with my transit, won't lift the car high enough to change the tyre.

Terrible

Mustafa18
Mustafa18
bob
bob

You mean after the previous guy spent $11,000 onrepairs you still bought it? If you was an eskimo I reckon I could sell you ice!