VM, VO
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ford

• Comfort
  • Features
rogfra1770
rogfra1770South East Queensland, QLD

Jack of all trades, master of some

Use as my car and weekend escape vehicle
Wider than you think, lower than it looks, quicker than it should be with more equipment than you would expect in a van

Purchased in January 2020 at Ford Dealers for $50,990.00.

A great reliable and economical transportation.

My transit was coverted ito a camper and one a year I tour Europe for aproximately 30,000 Km.
It has 286,000 Km and had no major breackdown. The engine 2.2L Diesel 140HP is fuel efficiently 6.2 L/ 100Km. Doesn't consume any oil between changes ( 15,000 Km ). I use only 100% Synthetic oil 5W 30.
I had to replace the left hub bearring. I will replace the 4 injectors and the EGR valve to improve the emission and to stop the slight black smock on shifting gears.
It is a very reliable vehicle and drives comfortable. The turning radius is not tight due to the front wheel drive and a the long wheelbase. The passenger door fails to lock sometimes.

Purchased in June 2008 at Privet sale.

Shygirl101
Shygirl101Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Tradie Van

This is a great Van, there is room for all your tools you can pretty much customise the back with however you need to work. Gets good fuel mileage too and is super comfortable to drive.

Purchased in March 2016 at Private Sale.

kangachick
kangachickAU

Older Ford Transits better than new ones

I have a Ford Transit Winnebago 2001 and its been fantastic. I'm the 3rd owner and the vehicle has performed very well. Travelling around Australia, if I do need anything incl servicing, all mechanics know Ford. And parts are easy to get.
All the bad reviews are referring to newer models.
Mine is 2001 - yes its 18 years old, but things were built differently back then, better quality = built to last.
I wanted to put this here to balance out the bad reviews. Keep in mind, people are more likely to spend time writing a bad review than a good one. It gives them a vent. I would buy an older Ford Transit chassis again, just the older models. They go forever.

Badge(No Badge)

Transit motorhome

Badge350L
Date PurchasedNov 2013

Great little work horse

Vehicle inspection by mechanic well worth $$$
2007 2.4 litre diesel swb van which has done 100km since purchased.
Have replaced waterpump. I keep it serviced at 10km intervals.
A pleasure to drive, zippy little machine, economical and handles couriering just fine.
Stepped out of a VW crafter and prefer my transit.

Badge330
WheelbaseShort
Leigh Jensen
Leigh JensenPerth

The best all round car I have ever owned

Bought a new 280 Low Roof MWB FWD in 2012. Fitted windows all round, folding rear seat, fans & insulation & lining to rear cargo area. This is my daily driver & family wagon & work van. Very comfortable ride, handles extremely well, does NOT drive like a van. Would I buy another one? Most definitely.

Faults - the front passenger bench seat is a little too upright for real comfort
- small leak from power steering column at 60,000km and 5th gear shredded at 65,000km. Both fixed under warranty by Lane Ford, with no hassle from Ford Australia - excellent service from both parties.

Purchased in June 2012 at Lane Ford for $33,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Turbo problems

Van runs perfect until you hook up and tow it gets a gear like warning light that relates to petrol engines but its a 2.4 turbo diesel, turbo shuts down and has no power, taken to ford dealers they are useless also clutch pedal has no pressure after long drive but fine if driven short term

Bob L
Bob L

Ford Transit VM Dual wheel jumbo. An excellent delivery van

WheelbaseLong Jumbo
Vans

Find out how Ford Transit compares to other Vans

awesome

I have had my 2010 transit for 6 months and very happy with it so far. I have my own plumbing business, the transit pulls through with flying colours, it is always fully load and when it needs tow a trailer it dose it with ease. The transit has a good balance off power and fuel efficiency.
Plenty of room in cab and cargo area, a pleasure to drive.
Parts are a little expensive for a ford, a little more power would be great.

BodyCab Chassis
vk2lozAU

i have 375000 klm on my 06 transit regular service never had a problem i am sure that a Japanese van would have died by now as i regularly have 1.5 ton in the back and another 1 ton on the trailer i have towed a xr Fairmont to every state in Australia and never broke down , i bet a smaller van would do that , i have been very happy with the van my wife drives it as well and loves it , keep up the good work ford thanks for a great van
turbo good view from the drivers seat , easy to park great tow car turbo diesel stand in the back with out bending over
bumpers should have been color coded , long way up to the drivers seat and i am 6 foot tall

Kingfish
Kingfish

I have a 2008 Transit Winnebago and reckon it is fantastic. I fitted a Steinbauer tuning chip... overpriced but made the 2.4 motor climb hills with less gear changes.

anton s
anton s

I have a fiat scudo 2008 fuel pump cost $2400.00 f/sway bar bushes $500.00 want to swap cars

vk2loz

NO anton s ,,,i will keep the transit , i am op to 766,000 k`s have had 2 clutches the girl uses a little oil now but drives great ,,,maybe a rebuild next year !!fingers crossed and touch wood .