Forty Winks NSW, Castle Hill

If there was an option for no stars, I'd choose it.

Purchased Cobar King Bedroom Suite in May 2014 (~$7000). First bed side rail split in 2015, replaced under warranty. Second side rail split 2017. Third side rail split 2019. The fact this is happening repeatedly, and a study of the construction shows the way it is constructed the bulk of the weight load is concentrated on a small section of timber, which is causing it to repeatedly split. Contacted Castle Hill stored for resolution. They've offered ("as a gesture of good will") two new side rails which they are confident won't split. I am sure they will as it is inevitable given the design of the bed. Our bed now being held up with extra timber and clamps. They also told me they'd never had any warranty claims on this bed (incorrect as we did a warranty claim in 2015!) Terrible customer service, avoid at all costs.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationCastle Hill

Unacceptable Operations

Contract stipulates 2 weeks to contact for delivery, it’s been an unacceptable 5 weeks now. Only contact I’ve had with store was because I had to call and email to get any information about my order. Responses I’ve received are “It’ll be ready when it’s ready”. “Someone will be in contact with you about delivery”. (No contact made). For 2.5k dollars you would think they would care a bit more about meeting customers expectations and holding to what is stated in their Terms . I am unsure what the REAL problem is but have to do MUCH better 40winks.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationCastle Hill
Hi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide your order number so we can follow up with the Castle Hill store? Thanks.

Very bad customer service

I bought a mattress in end November with all forty winks castle hill store pushing the sale to me with the promise that the sale price is lowest ever & no need to wait for future sales. It got delivered in mid December but I found that same mattress $300 cheaper a week later. I called management for refund but they didn’t oblige. Words like Customer Service, Trust, etc. do not exist in their dictionary. In fact, that store is the only one I found in 15 years in Australia to not worry about customer loyalty

Shop LocationNSW, Castle Hill
So, my advice to anyone looking for bed or mattress— A) Never go to Forty Winks, especially the Castle Hill store should be avoided at all cost B) Most other Forty winks stores sell items cheaper than Castle Hill store C) Forty Winks corporate has no control over any of its stores & is a dummy entity. This lets every store make their own rules for maximum profit D) Castle Hill store staff are incentivised to sell items with wrong advice, keeping customer needs last

Great service & price - highly recommend

I had to buy my son a new mattress so we headed in to Forty Winks Castle Hill last Sunday 11 August. There are 3 bedding stores next to each other at the Home Hub complex, and my son picked Forty Winks because he said it looked the nicest. He tried out around 6 or 7 mattresses and with the assistance of a friendly young woman he selected the one he wanted. We were told it would be delivered within 7-10 days. However to my surprise, the Forty Winks warehouse called me the next day to say they had the product is stock, and could deliver the following day. Delivery was arranged for between 11.30 and 1, and sure enough, the mattress arrived as promised. Was delivered with a smile by the delivery guys, and I was able to pay the balance in cash to them. All up, I had my mattress within 48 hours of stepping foot in the store! Awesome service - could not be happier.
Friendly service, efficient & fast delivery

Shop LocationNSW, Castle Hill