Forty Winks NSW, Rutherford

My old broken mattress was better

I brought my "everyday comfort plush queen mattress" from forty winks two weeks ago since my second hand mattress was deterring my boyfriend from staying over and I was also finding it hard to sleep. But being a single mother of two I couldn't really afford to buy a new mattress, so I decided that I would really cut back in groceries, personal products even nice treats I put in my sons lunch box to be able to get a $600 mattress. I know that seems a little selfish but I've never had my own mattress due to being in Forster care my teenage years and a struggling mother in my adult years. So I first shopped around, because knowing I was spending so much money on myself I wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. I settled on a the king koil mattress at forty winks and I realise now it was for sales pitch from the nice sales lady. She told me the mattress is HARPA assertived and made with spinal care so I'm guaranteed a good nights sleep. I was so excited to get the mattress home and have my first of many great nights sleep. I straight away noticed the mattress wasn't as plush as the one I layed on in store. I thought maybe it needs some time for the pillow top to puff up (it didn't). The first night was ok then the second and third I started to realise the mattress was no where near as soft as it should be and that I was getting a sore stiff back. It feels like the mattress is uneven and not made with spinal care at all. It's now been two weeks and I have a kink in my neck, my arm and no amount of rotating the mattress (like specified) is helping. I'm so disheartened and upset I had to struggle to afford what I thought would be the best personal investment and it turning out to be a nightmare. Don't ever buy a King Koil and never from forty winks, they only care about making a sale then to inform you that King Koil is considered the worst mattress makers amongst customers. I don't know what to do from here and I'm so annoyed. I haven't asked for a refund because all I've seen in reviews is that it's practically impossible! So instead of banging my head against a brick wall and getting upset with someone with no help through a phone, I'm going to tell as many people as I can not to ever shop at forty winks!

Shop LocationNSW, Rutherford (Maitland)

Sales staff were extremely helpful and very informative on different mattresses. We had visited many stores in our area and were very confused on trying to compare apples to oranges, at Forty Winks (Rutherford NSW) we brought the most comfortable bed we had tried and $600 cheaper than the cheapest we had seen. Not to mention excellent quality manchester at great discounted prices, plus our King sized bed can be pickup within 3 days not 2 wekks like the other stores. Thanks..
Great Range, Knowledge, Excellent Service, Sensational prices and warranty. Happiest bed purchase I have ever made - even purchased all the linen in the one place :)
nothing to complain about....

Shop LocationNSW, Rutherford (Maitland)