Forty Winks Physical store

Forty Winks Physical store

ACT, Fyshwick, NSW, NT, Millner Darwin, QLD, SA and 3 more

Stay away from Forty Winks Toowoomba for your own health's sake

My husband and I visited numerous businesses throughout an entire weekend in Toowoomba looking for a king size mattress. How foolish were we to purchase a mattress from the male Store Manager at Forty Winks who used all the cons in the sales book. On 25/8/19 we paid $3300 up front for a King size MySide (both sides level red) series 6 mattress to be made brand new especially for us. The mattress was delivered to us 10 days later. This mattress was clearly a used/preowned bed. It had 2cm indentations on both left and right sides of mattress where others had already left there body signatures. The sides of the pillow top were bulging severely on both sides. All four corners of the mattress were pulling upwards at varying heights. Stitching was coming undone in many areas all over mattress. I felt several areas of pilling on top of the mattress and a small brown mark at foot of bed. We immediately complained to the male Store Manager at Forty Winks who sent the Kingsdown Rep to our home to inspect the mattress. We were told by the Kingsdown Rep many things eg. this is normal...you just need to sleep on it for a couple of months until it settles (and voids the warranty) She then blamed the transport staff for damaging mattress. She offered to make us another mattress. We refused. My husband and I travelled back to Forty Winks that afternoon wanting a refund. Not only were we refused a refund but we were told to leave the store by the male Store Manager. I contacted Kingsdown Customer Service and she told me they had already given Forty Winks a credit for the mattress. I contacted the ACCC to find out our rights. They informed me we had the right for a full refund because the product Forty Winks sold us had major defects. We contacted the male Store Manager and told him what the ACCC advised us. The male Store Manager relented and then told us we wouldn't be given a full refund until he inspected the mattress and found no stains as Forty Winks were going to resell it. So beware, you could end up buying this used/preowned mattress like we did.

Store LocationForty Winks Toowoomba
Hi, please accept our sincere apologies. Please know we have notified our State Manager to investigate this and we will be in touch once we have some more information. Thank you.

Great customer service

I was looking around for a mattress and base. We were fortunate enough to only go to one shop fortywinks in Water gardens. The good service and excellent customer service we received by Seerat and Viviana there was no need to go looking around. Thank you both for making us feel comfortable in this store. Keep up the good work ladies. I recommend this store to all people looking for excellent service.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Rose, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we're glad to hear we were able to help. Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Watergardens!

Excellent service

Went into the Watergardens store and was warmly greeted by Vivi.
She went above and beyond to help us and even offered to stay open after hours so I could return with my husband. The service was terrific and I extremely pleased with my purchase. Lots of options to choose from and she got even our finance and installation sorted.
Great store.

Store LocationWatergardens
Hi Julia, this is fantastic to hear! Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Watergardens.

What a wonderful experience

I am extremely happy with the service at Forty Winks watergardens.
We went in there late in the day and was greeted by Vivi. She was so funny and wasn't pushy at all and let us take our time. She answered all of our questions and worked with us to find our perfect mattress. As we fell in love with the most expensive one, she worked wonders to get it within our budget. We are so impressed with Vivi and her staff, their hard work and the welcoming environment they created in the shop. They even organized the delivery free of charge. Good customer service is so hard to find and I walk out of most shops whinging about rudeness so this was a very pleasant surprise.
Can't express how happy we are with our product and all-round service.
We will certainly purchase from them again.

Store LocationWatergardens
Hi Rachael, providing our customers with the best possible experience is really important to us so we're pleased to hear this! Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Watergardens.

Great customer service

We were looking around for a new mattress & base and could not go past Forty Winks H/C for their pricing but more importantly the customer service. Kat was amazing & her service is top notch. Would highly recommend.

Store LocationHoppers Crossing
Thanks Erin! Glad to hear we could help. Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Hoppers Crossing :-)

FANTASTIC !!!

Great store with huge range on display. Customer service was brilliant and very helpful.
Lisa was very knowledgeable and went out of her way to make sure we were offered all the advice and help to make our decision.
More than pleased with selected product and service provided.

Store LocationMalaga W.A.
Hi Bobby, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Malaga!

Beware the Shark

I was in crisis the day I walked into the Bendigo Forty Winks store. I could not return to the house I was renting because of a severe allergic reaction to carpet beetles. I was suffering from Hyperosmia, an overpowering sense of smell. I desperately needed a mattress so that I could stay in temporary accommodation. I informed the salesman, who turned out to be the store manager, of my situation and the nature of my condition and requested floor stock because it had already been aired and was less likely to be a problem for me. I was in two minds about whether to purchase Bedside Tables and a Tallboy. The room I had been offered to stay in had no furniture but I did not know how long I would be staying there. Witnessing my uncertainty about whether this was the right time to make an additional purchase the manager nevertheless ceased it as an opportunity to make a sale: Any reasonable human being would have advised someone in my predicament to take their time and cautioned them to be certain of their choice because of the stores no refund/change of mind policy. On reflection, it is clear that this vital piece of information, which would have been helpful in my decision making process, was deliberately withheld to land a sale. I put my trust in the store manager, as a bedding specialist, only to discover I was dealing with a ruthless business man who cared more about the sale than meeting his customers needs. When the furniture arrived I had an immediate reaction to the smell of the varnish, which for me was a major health issue. I could not be in the same room with the furniture let alone put my clothes and personal effects in the draws because the smell was overpowering and I would not be able to sleep. Nevertheless, the manager at Forty Winks Bendigo insisted this constituted a change of mind so that he could enforce the stores no refund policy and gave me a store credit instead. This whole experience has left me feeling violated and bullied: violated because I put my trust in someone at a vulnerable time in my life who saw me merely as a means to an end and took advantage of my misfortune; bullied because the salesman/manager refused to acknowledge that this situation constituted a health issue not a change of mind wherein he would been required to give me a refund according to the Forty Winks Refund Policy.

Store LocationForty Winks Bendigo

Outstanding before and after purchase service

My partner and I bought a customised (one side soft, one side firm) queen-bed mattress at Forty Winks Fyshwick store, and found the service we received - both before and after purchase - so outstanding that I'm breaking the habit of a lifetime to write a review. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, sensitive to our needs, and bent over backwards to be helpful - if only this sort of service were available from all retail venues! After a bit of dithering (on my part), met with consummate skill, sympathy and patience (on the part of the Fyshwick staff), we have a mattress that both embraces my body and provides my partner with support for his. I cannot recommend this store too highly - I will certainly be recommending it to all my friends.

Store LocationFyshwick, ACT
Hi Lorna, thanks for your feedback. Bringing you the best in-store experience is really important to us so we're thrilled to hear you were happy with the service. Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Fyshwick.

If there was an option for no stars, I'd choose it.

Purchased Cobar King Bedroom Suite in May 2014 (~$7000). First bed side rail split in 2015, replaced under warranty. Second side rail split 2017. Third side rail split 2019. The fact this is happening repeatedly, and a study of the construction shows the way it is constructed the bulk of the weight load is concentrated on a small section of timber, which is causing it to repeatedly split. Contacted Castle Hill stored for resolution. They've offered ("as a gesture of good will") two new side rails which they are confident won't split. I am sure they will as it is inevitable given the design of the bed. Our bed now being held up with extra timber and clamps. They also told me they'd never had any warranty claims on this bed (incorrect as we did a warranty claim in 2015!) Terrible customer service, avoid at all costs.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationCastle Hill

Unacceptable Operations

Contract stipulates 2 weeks to contact for delivery, it’s been an unacceptable 5 weeks now. Only contact I’ve had with store was because I had to call and email to get any information about my order. Responses I’ve received are “It’ll be ready when it’s ready”. “Someone will be in contact with you about delivery”. (No contact made). For 2.5k dollars you would think they would care a bit more about meeting customers expectations and holding to what is stated in their Terms . I am unsure what the REAL problem is but have to do MUCH better 40winks.

Store LocationCastle Hill
Hi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide your order number so we can follow up with the Castle Hill store? Thanks.

After sales service non-existent

There are plenty of mattress shops in Tweed Heads so I would suggest avoiding forty winks. They are happy to sell you a bed but if anything goes wrong, they either ignore you or fob you off. If the product is faulty the customer care team really don't care if you are happy or not.

The stitching came undone on my mattress after about 18 months of use. I reported this to the store. I received an email from the customer "care" team asking for photographs etc to satisfy the warranty. I did this and they said they would pick up the mattress and leave a loan mattress in its place while they were repairing my mattress. The loan mattress was more like a slab of concrete. I now have my mattress back however the medium mattress I sent off is now a firm mattress and is very uncomfortable. The customer "care" team will do nothing about this and suggest I wait an indeterminate amount of time to let the mattress "settle". So, after being sold a faulty product, I have to put up with frustration and discomfort. When told the mattress is only replaced if its a major problem, I suggested a very dissatisfied customer is actually a major problem.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationTweed Heads

Dylan & Maggie - brilliant!

I spent 2 hours at the Gepps X store when purchasing my king size mattress. Selecting my mattress was the easy part, Maggie was so helpful. She spotted me as soon as I e there’s the store and based on what I told her, she knew exactly what to show me and within 15 mins I was ready to buy. A first time user of HUMM - both myself and the staff - the next 90 mins was spent trying to successfully process my transaction. This was no fault of Dylan’s, who was now supporting the sale, or Maggie my original salesperson, HUMM is just not a platform for BNPL I would recommend - it was a complicated, repetitive and time consuming exercise to finalise payment. I can’t thank Dylan enough for the time he spent on the phone and online sorting this out for me - I left the store a more than happy customer and look forward to my mattress arriving this afternoon. Thanks Dylan and Maggie.

Store LocationGepps Cross
Hi Liz, thanks for the kind words and we'll be sure to pass this feedback on. Enjoy the new mattress!

Wonderful Service and great deal - thank you Rosa

Have purchased all our beds from Forty Winks Bankstown and have never been disappointed. Attended VIP night and got a great deal on a bed for spare bedroom. Thank you Rosa for your patience and great service.

Store LocationBankstown
Hi Michelle, thanks for choosing Forty Winks Bankstown! Enjoy the new bed :-)

Fantastic customer service

I shopped at the Toowoomba store and was greeted by a lovely young lady by the name of Amy. Amy took the time with us with her customer service being A1. Very polite and explained to the point. I congratulate Amy for her old fashioned service . I bought and walked out very happy.

Store LocationToowoomba
Hi Robyn, this is great to hear! Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Toomoomba and we'll be sure to pass your feedback on :-)

Terrible.

Brought a bed from Campbeltown store and paid deposit, and found out that the exactly same bed in Crossroad store was cheaper by $400. So call back and spoke with store manager and she said it’s franchise and they don’t do price match. Even put complaint to Head office and spoke with Area/State manager but even he said he cannot do anything and if you wish you can cancel the order (will lose the deposit) and purchase from other store. Worst service ever from manager and area manager. They actually don’t care about customer. Never ever going to purchase from Forty Winks again.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationForty Winks Campbeltown NSW

Fantastic shopping experience

Upgraded to King size and picked the perfect store. Range was amazing, staff friendly and helpful and delivery fast and efficient. Even added to my purchase with sheet sets and protectors. I will not hesitate to recommend and to shop here again.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Chris, thanks for choosing Forty Winks Midland :-)

Highly recommended - delighted !

I wanted to purchase a queen size mattress. For me that is an important and large purchase.
From my first phone call to Forty Winks Melville, Dani"s (Daniela) professionalism, warm welcome and knowledgable approach made the whole exercise smooth and easy.
With my store visit, Dani, listened to me, helped clarify and made my decision process easy.
I am very pleased and Highly recommend !!

Store LocationForty Winks Melville
Hi Jane, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for our Melville store. Pleased to hear we could help and we'll be sure to pass your feedback on. Enjoy the new bed!

Great job

We came in today and bought a mattress awesome service by the sales person she was helpful and generous , delivery service was spot on very happy, would recommend. Highly , well done ..

Hi Susie, this is wonderful to hear! We'll be sure to pass your feedback on. Thanks.

Worst mattress ever!

Worst mattress ever, along with service, very misleading as far as customer service goes. I needed a new mattress told the woman I had a bad back, and didn’t want something to soft or to firm, all she wanted was a quick sale, I’ve had nothing but sleep since I bought it. WAY TO HARD! She had sold me the worst mattress ever, I’ll never go there again and wouldn’t recommend anybody who is in the market for a new bed to go there absolutely terrible. No knowledge whatsoever as to helping the customer

Store LocationMunno Para
Hi Naomi, we're very sorry to hear that the comfort level isn't to your preference. Please note there is an adjustment period so it is best you contact the store from which you purchased the mattress to go through all options. Thanks.I did go back to the store, but wasn’t offered any options, I wasn’t offered anything,like I said never again huge disappointment .

a fantastic job of your sales lady Jessica

My name is Ka Yee Jackie Chan, I just wanted to take a minute to let you know what a fantastic job the sales lady Jessica when I shop at the store at Melville today.
When I go into the store to see types of mattresses, the sales lady Jessica was so warm and friendly. She is eager to help me with anything that I need. With her professional knowledge, I surprised that I found a suitable mattress within 15 mins.
Whatever the company is paying this lady should double it. She is doing a fantastic job and she is the reason I will keep coming back to this fine store again and again.

Sorry, there are no questions about Forty Winks Physical store but you can read 5 questions about Forty Winks.

Forty Winks ACT, FyshwickForty Winks NT, Millner DarwinForty Winks NSW, AlburyForty Winks NSW, AlexandriaForty Winks NSW, ArmidaleForty Winks NSW, AuburnForty Winks NSW, BallinaForty Winks NSW, BankstownForty Winks NSW, Bennetts GreenForty Winks NSW, CampbelltownForty Winks NSW, CaringbahForty Winks NSW, Castle HillForty Winks NSW, Coffs HarbourForty Winks NSW, Crows NestForty Winks NSW, DubboForty Winks NSW, ErinaForty Winks NSW, ForsterForty Winks NSW, HornsbyForty Winks NSW, KotaraForty Winks NSW, LiverpoolForty Winks NSW, Manly ValeForty Winks NSW, PenrithForty Winks NSW, Port MacquarieForty Winks NSW, RutherfordForty Winks NSW, South NowraForty Winks NSW, Swan HillForty Winks NSW, TamworthForty Winks NSW, Wagga WaggaForty Winks NSW, WarrawongForty Winks NSW, West GosfordForty Winks NSW, YoungForty Winks NSW, Tweed HeadsForty Winks QLD, AspleyForty Winks QLD, BundabergForty Winks QLD, BundallForty Winks QLD, CairnsForty Winks QLD, CapalabaForty Winks QLD, Fortitude ValleyForty Winks QLD, Hervey BayForty Winks QLD, JindaleeForty Winks QLD, KawanaForty Winks QLD, LoganForty Winks QLD, MacgregorForty Winks QLD, MorayfieldForty Winks QLD, NoosaForty Winks QLD, ToowoombaForty Winks QLD, TownsvilleForty Winks QLD, Tweed HeadsForty Winks SA, Gepps CrossForty Winks SA, Mile EndForty Winks SA, Mt GambierForty Winks SA, Munno ParaForty Winks TAS, HobartForty Winks TAS, LauncestonForty Winks VIC, BallaratForty Winks VIC, BendigoForty Winks VIC, BrightonForty Winks VIC, CheltenhamForty Winks VIC, Chirnside ParkForty Winks VIC, DandenongForty Winks VIC, EchucaForty Winks VIC, ElthamForty Winks VIC, FitzroyForty Winks VIC, FrankstonForty Winks VIC, GeelongForty Winks VIC, HawthornForty Winks VIC, HighpointForty Winks VIC, Hoppers CrossingForty Winks VIC, HorshamForty Winks VIC, KnoxForty Winks VIC, MilduraForty Winks VIC, MorningtonForty Winks VIC, Narre WarrenForty Winks VIC, NorthlandForty Winks VIC, NunawadingForty Winks VIC, PrahranForty Winks VIC, SheppartonForty Winks VIC, South WharfForty Winks VIC, SunburyForty Winks VIC, Swan HillForty Winks VIC, ThomastownForty Winks VIC, TraralgonForty Winks VIC, WangarattaForty Winks VIC, WarrnamboolForty Winks VIC, WatergardensForty Winks WA, BunburyForty Winks WA, BusseltonForty Winks WA, CanningtonForty Winks WA, CockburnForty Winks WA, GeraldtonForty Winks WA, JoondalupForty Winks WA, MalagaForty Winks WA, MandurahForty Winks WA, MelvilleForty Winks WA, MidlandForty Winks WA, Osborne Park
CategoryPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops
Type of Furniture OfferedBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and MattressesBedroom and Mattresses
Compare all Forty Winks