Foscam FI9928P

Foscam FI9928P

2.0 from 1 review

Too expensive and died off after 6 months.

I have several Foscam indoor and outdoor cameras. While the indoor cameras are reasonably good and fairly priced, I don't seem to be lucky with the outdoor cameras. The first one I had produced a lot of false positives, so I enquired about a suitable alternative and was told that this one (FI9928P) is the best one because it has a 'human detection' feature (like their R2 model), eliminating false positives. After installing the camera, I found out that it didn't have the 'human detection' feature and 6 months later the night vision capability died off. Given my electrician had to modify the cable to install the camera, Foscam refuses to repair it now under warranty.

Do these have TrueDetect intelligent Heat/movement detection that will not activate when pets walk past or leaves fall etc like with Swann camera systems? Also looking for an automated panning camera system that will follow an intruder if anyone knows what I can get HERE in AUSTRALIA.
No, they produce a lot of false positives. I can't recommend this camera - too expensive, not worth the price.