Foxtel Now

Foxtel Now (page 2 of 8)

Worth it if it’s free

I had Foxtel free as part of my phone plans. I also have Netflix, Stan and Prime Video (Amazon). Once the free offer is up, I defiantly won’t be using or recommending it. Foxtel is just stupidly expensive for less content than they originally had. I guess they don’t want to provide a competitive product. I think their in for a slow death like VIideo rental stores? But, why would you bother with Fox, when Prime Video is about $4 a month and you can have both Netflix and Stan for less that the current Foxtel $25 minimum?

Packed with Commercials breaks, a Primitive App at a premium price.

A streaming service, you pay a premium for, that is packed with 5 min advert breaks throughout the shows.
A rather Primitive app, especially for the price. A simple service layout, it does not offer user viewing profiles so everything gets mixed and mashed between the family - significantly behind competitors platform and features.

Helped themselves to my bank account.

December 2018 considered a Foxtel package. Took up 7 day free trial but the service stream didn't work from the get go.Called
131999 for assistance and after speaking to many operators who checked my stream and acknowledged over three days that it was NOT LINKING UP and to call back in 24 hours and try again!l was spending so much time on above number that i was getting headaches so i gave up.Recieved email at the approaching deadline of free trial asking if I would like to continue or unsubscribe to a service i never accessed.
I pressed unsubscribe 3 times, just to be sure.Opened my bank statement and FOXTEL have withdrawn $35 a month for the last 3 months. Was told by call service that the email I pressed unsubscribe to wasn't to stop the service?Operator told me I was meant to go online to exit.Went online and it is exactly the same unsubscription process that i pressed in December.
Foxtel gave me no service, no refunds and no notification they were taking money from my bank.
DON'T GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS TO THIEVES.
Lots better providers available.
Steer clear.

New starter pack makes more expensive and less viewable

Foxtel Now formerly let you choose your starter pack, however now forces you to have the Pop and Lifestyle pack, which is appalling viewing. 20+ channels I would NEVER choose to watch. Now, just to have Sports I must pay $54 / months instead of $39 previously. What a rort and complete rip off. Cannot wait until Foxtel has a decent sport competitor so I can ditch it, as I have all my telstra accounts.

April 1st 2019 Update: Woeful in everyway

I just attempted several times to resubscribe to Foxtel Now for sport and another package other than Entertainment... and the online form just made it impossible... cheers.. what a completely woeful and appalling experience Foxtel Now... most user unfriendly experience since foxtel with a box ... sell your shares in this outdated dinosaur of a corporation... it’s definitely on the way out... cough splutter choke... The final straw when you wont even let a consumer subscribe for what they want without taking their money...

Pathetic packs now far too expensive

I think Ill be ditching Foxtel now as it just isnt worth the money to watch sky and forever repeats. New content is pathetic as is the ridiculous pricing which you now need all packs just to watch documentaries.A complete waste of cash.

March 14th 2019 Update: pathetic buffering issues. Package rip off

Foxtel Now fix the buffering issue with chrome or start refunding customers. Your packages are a blatant rip off as it the lack of new content. Ill be contacting the dept of fair trade as your ripping of thousands of people and you have known about the buffering issue for near a year. Perhaps read the comments here and respond. Refund or credit your customers who use Foxtel Now on PC and chrome.

Still horrible when free

It’s just horrible, everything from video/sound quality but more so the interface and limited seasons.

If your expecting a NETFLIX interface with easy to use features to find the shows you want to watch you won’t find it here.

My Telstra mobile plan gives me a basic pack for free, when that runs out I would would never actually pay for this mess.

I understand having a basic plan limits my options, but honestly I can see what I don’t have access too and none of it interests me.

What does bother me is the interface, when ever I want to check the new Walking Dead or GoT release it’s a maze of clicks to get to where I need to go. For example I actually watched the second season of Westworld before season one cause the season 1 tab was hidden from me (it auto scrolled to season 2, why it wouldnt just show both tabs I have no idea)

Love my Foxtel now box and Foxtel now

I love my Foxtel now box can take it when I travel Australia wide love it now they brought the music Channels back I hope they bring the 4K Chanel also wish they put animal planet back on Foxtel now and discovery science but overall love the programming always something to watch and love the discounts I get every now and then and easy to upgrade package or downgrade to
Thanks Foxtel

Absolute Con - AVOID

The app does appears to work, but the big issue is that when you try and stream using your google chromecast, in peak time you will find a lot of lag problems with Foxtel. They don't appear to have the servers to handle peak load times, and as a result the stream keeps freezing.. = unwatchable.

All the support centers are in the Philippines, so expect to speak with someone that can barely understand you when you are trying to explain it doesn't work.

Over priced and not worth it

The fact that it cost $104 per month to get the kids pack ridiculous, fetch tv has the kids pack for $6 per month and is a mouth better option.

don't bother.more adds than normal tv..why pay to watch adds., subscriptions and adverting revenue.greedy bastards

I was watching a prime time show...7-8 adds per break....at the cost of advertising on tv ….there raking it in at our expense....subscriptions and adverting revenue. greedy bastards. another example of profiteering

Rip off

If you are interested in Documentries, well to get that pack you have to get ALL the other packs. ( $104.00 Per Month total ) Total thievery!!!

Poor sound quality

Poor sound quality that has to be adjusted movie by movie and run at full volume, customer support is patronising and unhelpful, I am tech savvy, our tv and sound system is worth over $8000 and using Foxtel is like using Grandpas wireless 15watt radio.... currently talking to an onbudman to cancel our contract.....

Overpriced, inferior and sneaky!

Minimum spend per month is now $25! Cancelled our subscription due to technical difficulties - that they promised to look into but never had a helpful response. As I was in the process of cancelling they warned us that as of October 2018 the minimum entry pack is now $25/month ( previously you could get packs for $10 to $15 / month but now you have to buy 2 packs as a minimum!) There is no way this is even in the ballpark of the other streaming services - and for a far inferior product! Not going back to Foxtel!!

Overcharged and underserved

Cancelled Foxtel Now's free trial before it expired. Was charged anyway. Phillipines service centre refused to refund - told me to take it up with my bank.

Unwatchable - 40mins to watch 29mins of show

Sick of buffering we timed it. Took us 40mins to watch last 29mins of show. Every! time we try and watch a show it buffers a lot. At the end of the free period we will be cancelling. We have 45-50mb/s Nbn download speed. We can use any other streaming service, with over 30 networked devices in the house and multiple streams simultaneously, only Foxtel fails. Foxtel is not a viable paid-for-view service.

Held hostage in subscriptions I didnt want

Signed up looking for specific show, didnt have it. Get told I need to go online to d/c. None of my browsers were supported. Updated 5 devices to get appropriate browsers. Given excuses about how they couldn't do it. Only when threatened with consumer affairs and ombudsmen months later did they disconnect. D/c one month and told me I will still be charged for another month. Worst company ever.

High quality but way overpriced. Got it for sport only

Now that all the one day and T20 internationals are on Foxtel only (with some BBL and all tests on Channel 7), I decided to sign up to Foxtel Now for the extra cricket.

When I first signed up several months ago, it was $10 a month for a basic package, and then an extra $29 a month for sport, so $39 a month to be able to get sport. This is expensive, but I decided to sign up. I made the mistake of cancelling after a month, thinking I could sign up again when the ODI's and T20's started. That was a mistake. Foxtel changed things, so that in order to get sport, you have to now pay $25 for the Pop and Lifestyle package, before you can add on the Sports package, for another $29 a month. This means that in order to watch sport, it now costs a minimum of $54 a month. This to me is too expensive. I feel that a fair price if you just want to watch sport would be around the $30 mark.

All that said, the quality of the sports streaming is very good. Cricket is in 4k resolution now, and it looks superb. I managed to find a way to install the Foxtel Now app on my android TV (Nvidia shield TV), but it is unofficial. Apparently, even though the Foxtel Now app is written for android tv, they want you to buy a Telstra Box or a Foxtel Now box in order to watch Foxtel Now on your tv, and they don't write official apps for any other tv, even an android tv or android box.

The bottom line is that if you love sport, then Foxtel is simply great. It has all the NRL, AFL, cricket, rugby, and golf games (as well as a lot of other sport), but it is very expensive. At $54 a month, I feel it is far too expensive for most people. I'd give it 5 stars for sport and streaming quality, but only 1 star for value. Hence the 3 star rating.

Just an update if anyone is reading this. Foxtel has now launched a sports-only streaming service called Kayo. As far as I can tell it is basically most if not all of Foxtel sport, but only in 1080p HD. Good news it can be had for only $25 a month. https://kayosports.com.au/ This might not be relevant to many of you, but at least now with Kayo, people (like me) who only wanted Foxtel for the sport content, can get it for a lot less with Kayo.

Greedy rip off merchants

This was pretty good when it 1st came out but now is an absolute rip off.
They have removed quite a few channels over the years and if you are not interested in the kids, shopping and sports channels you are left with around 20 channels that constantly repeat the same 2-3 episodes over and over, more ad's than free to air and the "on demand" usually only has 1 or 2 episodes which are the same ones they repeat live. All for $104 a month....you can have Netflix, Stan, Prime and You Tube premium for less than $50 a month.
To top it off, the help button takes you to social media so you need to ask random people that have nothing to do with Foxtel for help lol, their phone number is well hidden on the website and if you do find it, suport is only available during office hours so any issues on a weekend and you are waiting till monday for suport.
They bill you in the early hours of the morning 4-5 am to be sure that they get your money out side of office hours.

Stay well away from this, you are way better off getting the 4 that i listed above for under $50 a month, 500% more content, no ad's and proper support..

Love it!

Have to use this as Foxtel unable to be installed at home.
$40 a month for Kids and Sports pack which is mainly why i got this.
Picture quality is good (wifi dependent) Even better now that you can stream / Airplay though Apple tv and chromecast to the big screen. Not to mention the ability to use it on multiple screens!
Great way to have hybrid foxtel.
Can't understand all the negative. it's a streaming service people!

Fantastic experience

Transitioned from Foxtel IQ to Foxtel Now and I have no incentive to go back. The Foxtel Now box menu is far superior and more intuitive than IQ. The IQ menu system looks like it was designed in the 1990s. The Now menu is on par with Netflix, Telstra TV etc

Love the search function too. Foxtel Now is much more flexible in terms of changing packages too.

The only thing I might miss is being able to record shows.

Have not experience buffering issues experienced by others. I suggest buffering might be because of your ISP rather than the Box itself. We run a big standard NBN 50 on HFC and it works a treat.

Hoping they bring 4K to the Box