2FOXTEL

FOXTEL Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Foxtel? Claim your listing.
Rae

Well why is Foxtel so boring and so expensive especially adding packages ridiculous prices I did add two packages and just got rid of the same two packages too expensive for me.. Foxtel need their customers so do something to keep these customers. CUSTOMERS are important.

Ryan4321
Ryan4321

Can't agree more.

Jo Earney
Jo Earney

Why is Foxtel full of crap and want your money and don’t care about the customers of excuse me victims. Why have I gone to the police to report Foxtel. Why is everyone cancelling Foxtel. Why are their jerks and creeps working for Foxtel. Oh forgot why is Foxtel now being called Fucktel

Queenofhearts

For months I have been trying to get a satellite dish on my roof of a third story building and they just didn't get back to me just kept taking the money out of my account while it was suspended. They said I would need to get building manager approval and which I did, then they said that couldn't go to three floor height building, continually taking out suspension fee. Now lost the plot with Foxtel, after all these years, dropping Foxtel as it is a waste of time and money. So much wasted time chatting with overseas people who just repeat what I already know. Goodbye Foxtel, good riddance! Has anybody had this runaround? If they want you to get foxtel, they should pay for the internet. The cost of Foxtel plus internet cost is high and ordinary TV channels are plugged into aerial anyhow!

Queenofhearts

Has anybody had this runaround, keeping you suspended and continuing to take money, promising you a free satellite dish and connection, but just not making arrangements and then getting back eventually by email and then telling you that they don't go past a certain height in the building and all this time taking money from your account when they had no intention of installing a satellite dish in the first place?

Janelle L.
Janelle L.

Have been disconnected from foxtel for 2 years, can we remove the satellite dish?

Rae

The satellite dish stays there for the next occupancy doesn't get removed at all .

KevLab
KevLab

Has anyone moved from Foxtel to Telstra Foxtel and got a better deal?

rogerbayliss
rogerbayliss

My IQ5 service continually sends a F1078 error message. Neither Telstra or Foxtel have been able to rectify. Anyone else have this problem?

John
John

Yes, just installed 2 new IQ5’s and can’t get HD due to poor quality of service….basically poor internet. Outside Foxtel our internet speed is high and works perfectly.
Been onto Foxtel and they have no idea and been “elevated” to a higher level of management. This doesn’t give any more hope. IQ4 was great.

Richard
Richard

Same was forced to upgrade to the Internet version of foxtel, as they dont use their cable any more. I continually get the F1078 error, but my internet is 60mB/sec and only have issues with the foxtel box. Waste of time trying to record and HD channels. as it lets outs a high pitched scream then informs me that I am not subscribed to this Chanell, when I most def am. If I watch Netflix or other via my foxtel box, the HD chanels are often very poor quality and freeze, but when I watch these chanels via the TV, not the foxtel box, they are perfect. They all come in on the same NBN internet connection, only crap through the foxtel box is very sub standard...so I am sure its the box, but the tell me its my internet connection. I am cancelling my foxtel subscription, as also the recorded shows on the Foxtel HD often report as Nothing recorded, but after a complete reboot, they show up again.......
Its an absolute cheap crappy piece of technology we are paying a premium for,

Teresa G.
Teresa G.

Will days stay on foxtel NOONE can tell me

Rob K.

When is Foxtel going to stop being a paid channel for advertising with occasional (and mostly crap) content throw in? Can you give any reason why a viewer should not just get the same rubbish on free to air channels?

THomas S

Wow you certainly dislike Foxtel. It’s your choice to not subscribe you know

Rob K.

You read my mind, intend to cancel tomorrow.

Queenofhearts

Yes, cancelled a couple of days ago. Why should we use a Wifi Connection and still have to pay the high costs that Foxtel wants for their service

Rob K.

Is it possible for Foxtel to get any worse? They have long since given up on providing proper entertainment, even sitcoms jump around bizarrely according to the whim of the network. In any event it is now so advert-ridden that it is really an advert network with occasional bits of content thrown in. Why pay when you can get the same crap for free on free-to-air?

THomas S

Just working that out Rob. I do enjoy some foxtel benefits though as I am not tech savvy at me age

Tony H.
Tony H.

How to pair box and controller?? Please

Need to update Austar remote

George Williams

Need to update remote control

Heather
Heather

Sorry, George, I don't understand your question. I've been with Foxtel since 1995 when it began. I appreciate Foxtel took over Austar in 2010, but I've never had any of Austar's products, box or remote. The Foxtel technician told us the freezing we were experiencing with the IQ3 is a common issue with that particular box. Thanks

I had Optus before and way before Foxtel even arrived, Optus was great

burnt hand

Why are Foxtel so stupid when it comes to cancellation. Netflix cancel automatically on line. Foxtel movies are really good but I won’t sign up because if I want to cancel at any time it’s impossible.

GMV S.
GMV S.

Reason for this been that the employees can get fired if many customers cancel so they basically fighting for a right to keep their job its rediculous

Shane O.

Why hasn't something been done about all of these bad reviews......The company is stealing money from the poor plain and simple and nothing is being done about it....Someone in this Government of ours is in on it....It's an absolute disgrace that it's been going on for so long...Have a look at all of the reviews, all of the people that have been robbed and nothing is being done about it not one thing...Dirty Government that's what it is....GRUBS...

burnt hand

Foxtel is a great company and has excellent movies, documentaries, and sport. It’s the only channel that gives news coverage from different countries all around the world. That alone makes it worthwhile.
Foxtel fears viewers will cancel packages and alleviate this by making it hard for customers to cancel. In my opinion they should, like Netflix, and other channels, allow customers to cancel easily on line, that way viewers would realise they can cancel a package at the end of the month on line. They let you upgrade on line but won’t let you downgrade. I’ve cancelled Netflix a few times then at a later date sign up again. It’s so easy. As I said, I would like other Foxtel packages but do not want to go through a rigmarole of phoning etc if I want them removed.

Shane O.

Foxtel is great, look at the reviews.......The world is just full of them

rae65

Foxtel movies starts and finishes pretty quick some weird endings too, pretty boring

Gurto

Why is Foxtel so crappy? What happened to you people? All you have to do is read your reviews. Continual appaling customer service, dropping out, buffering, no credit for loyalty & so many ads & repeats shows???? Absolutely shocking, very very bad service & structure!! Your customer service could learn some manners too !!

Shane O.

Hello Gurto, What they have done is absolutely disgusting, the company should be investigated by the ACCC..The sooner Foxtel goes under receivership the better..Out of something like 1900 odd reviews over 90% of the people have spoken. A 1 star rating, now who is telling the truth? They got me for an extra $240 the robbing fools...

Hi Shane O,
Thanks for your reply mate, much appreciated & absolutely agree 100%. Something needs to happen to them, their whole package from PAY TV to customer service is truly shocking & discusting for this day & age, actually at any time their truly an atrocious company all round. As you said over 1900 reviews & 90% are a 1 start crap review. Someone has to start listening you'd think wouldn't you. Again thanks for your reply & sorry they stung you for $240, thieving you know what's!! All the best Shane O & thanks again.

burnt hand

You phoned them back? You’re lucky.

Richard B.
Richard B.

Do you have to disconnect from dish when you cancel Foxtel and will I lose normal tv reception ??

Sue
Sue

Why were we charged for another month after csncelling?

Shane O.

Because they are robbing from everyone, absolutely disgusting company...

Jayne
Jayne

Sue, I agree with Shane O. unfortunately! There appears to be no logical explanation. If you query them, from experience, they're likely say that your cancellation notification was received into the next billing period.They're a law unto themselves. We've mentioned leaving foxtel and going to Kayofor sports but guess what?? It's owned by Foxsport and has terrible reviews of ripoffs too!! No escaping them if you want to watch regular footy matches.

optus sport

plj
plj

i was increased from $82 to $107 without warning march was still trying to get answer in april day after direct debit was taken someone called my home no. but because i was not there to answer she sent email saying that my complaint will be ignored i went straight to my bank and had the direct debit cancelled and then had foxtel cancelled my advice if you are having trouble cancelling foxtel just go to your financial institution in cancel direct debit

Shane O.

You should be reading all of your disappointing reviews and answering your valued customers...Valued customers NO more...Its disgusting what you are doing...

Kaz
Kaz

I cant even get through to a human, just an f u email

Kevin Holden

I’ve been with Foxtel since they started and have just realised I’m being ripped off
I am paying $113 a month on an iq2 box which does not include sport Netflix
I am still paying for the essentials pack drama movies and documentaries
Tried to ring to cancel and the message was no operator available due to corona virus
Must say I am over watching 20 year old reruns
Foxtel is dead to me

Murph
Murph

Yep. I am also disillusioned with their service levels (having been a Customer since their 1st year in Australia) and am considering cancelling my services (2 outlets). You do look to have been overcharged and should put the hard word on them. If they think that you are going to cancel then they may come to the party.

Hi Murph
It is impossible to talk to anyone as their whole call centre is down.
No matter how you try and contact them soon as you mention the dreaded C word (CANCEL) you can't get any further,
Another interesting thing after a bit of research is that I found I am actually paying for their service monthly in advance and even if you miss the payment date by even a day they hit you with up to a $30 penalty on top of your bill.
How is it possible to be penalised for a service that you are yet to receive ( Possibly unlawful)
Would love to hear from anyone else who has realised that this is happening.

deltatango
deltatango

tried the same thing - mentioned cancel and that was the last comms. going to stop the payments at the bank end and even while I am on contract I dont feel that they are in a position to get nasty when they cant provide the sports package I am paying for - they are acting unconscionably

Foxtel needs treatment
Foxtel needs treatment

Lodge with TIO. Best way forward.
Alternately, contact customer advocacy on 03 8325 2290 or 1300 792 774
They are truly pathetic. It gets better when you're finally done with them

Rae

first up year's ago it was Optus pay TV and honestly Optus was better than Foxtel if Foxtel don't get the NRL I WILL QUIT .Just had two packages taken off as I am not paying $151 ridiculous Seriously

Justin P.
Justin P.

So I log onto foxtel to change my package and it won't let me cause it goes to a failed webpage. I try to call through and there is no call centre.. I can't email you apart from this site and I can't log on an suspend my service or cancel it... Seems like you are do everything you can to keep my money....

Glenis D Sunshine Coast
Glenis D Sunshine Coast

Hi Justin P I have had the same experience blocked in every direction that I have tried to get my issue resolved. Calling their 132200 number for help is useless

Rich

Why are we not getting American Idol this year. It seems that Foxtel is going downhill fast Too many repeats and so many adverts after 20 years it is time to say goodbye

jack
jack

Agreed although my review was about their customer service.

chris w
chris w

Yes I agree, far too many adds. I'm so nicked off that I signed a twelve month contract.. last night we couldn't watch Foxtel because the reception was that bad. Will definitely be cancelling at end of contract !!

Rich

Jack what customer service is that

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Foxtel? Claim your listing.