FOXTEL

1.4 from 1,813 reviews

48 questions from our users

Sharon S.

Sharon S.asked

Why is Foxtel still so expensive, when they have next to no decent movies. The price is foxtel should be brought down for all their users.
How can the price be justified given the cheaper cost of other streaming services?

Jimmy G
Jimmy G

Not only are they expensive but they have so many annoying ads ......so you pay twice. I guess they are greedy - trying to milk the service whilst they can

dmnc.papa

dmnc.papaasked

Hi,
I was reading your review re Foxtel Customer Service.

I am also having problems with Foxtel (no service for 10 days, lots of excuses, bad overseas service, etc)
Would I ask too much if you let me know the provider you found for NBN at $85 per month?
I would really appreciate your help, I am desperate!

Dom
[email removed]

Andy R

Andy Rasked

When I try to go into planner it say powering up from energy saver mode please wait a minute and has F 362 in the top right corner
Been waiting 24 hours and still nothin

Gas

Gasasked

Why is that when I go to more series 3 episode 4 only comes up nothing ELSE
What happened to 1+2 series and all the the off episodes

Annette D

Annette Dasked

I have just installed IQ4 and can’t change the screen size to fit Tv. It goes to full screen on my Samsung tv, but when I change to Foxtel it will not change to full screen. What can I do ???
I have tried but does not do it there is three selection on size but doesn’t change screen on any of them. How do I change it so I can get full screen and NOT have grey on the sides????

Annette D

Annette Dasked

How do I get full screen on my Samsung tv, have tried changing both tv then Foxtel screen and vice Versa . Still to no avail still have grey on sides.

Fay M.asked

Both my foxtel boxes are coming up as ir reciever, both are IQ2s, why is this happening? how do I fix it? Thank you guys.

Amanda B.
Amanda B.

I don't work at Foxtel why are you asking me this lol

Fay M.

Sorry Amanda B. Not sure what's going on there lol.

rubylouise8asked

Why do many bad reviews

Lindy
Lindy

They don’t listen to what you are telling them. If they do listen the don’t act. Completely frustrating.

rubylouise8

Your answer doesn’t make sense at all

lianna_zidan

lianna_zidanasked

Why am I paying a rental fee with IQ4 for some shows like the hills? I have the top package and never had to do this with IQ3. Is this normal? I'm not happy

Angry

Angryasked

Why no reminder of upcoming coming bill?

Angry

Angryasked

Why no reminder of upcoming bill?

Peter

Peterasked

With iQ4 can you still get access to 'Catch Up Anytime' shows and movies etc?

mazza
mazza

alex2001

alex2001asked

Free LCD TV on signing up.
Hi for signing up in March /April 2019 I was eligible for a bonus LCD TV.
The TV that was delivered had promo stuff printed on the packaging about an old Red Bull Air Race. On opening the box I found the screen has small cracks all over it, like something that had been left in the sun for years.
Has anyone else received a Foxtel bonus TV that was DOA?

sailorsam
sailorsam

No, no promo TV on my deal. Not surprised that Foxtel gave you a rubbish product, it's what they do best

Xilin D.
Xilin D.

omg luckily you got the tv. I signed up on 13 March and package included a tv too. and I didn't get it in April so I called it up, and the lady firstly said the offer was for new client and when I signed up I was a new client, but it has been one month passed which means I'm an existing client so im not entitled to..... I was like..are u serious??? then she said oh, even u r entitled to the free tv, u signed up through the website, so u need to go to ur account to redeem it as a gift which u have not, and now promotion ends, as a client service we can't do anything if u sign up online. then I said:there is no info indicating I need to go online to my account and redeem the gift. after abt 40 mins on the phone, she said :oh yes u r entitled to the free TV, u just need to wait for 2 months and on 23 May you will then receive it. I said: ok pls make clear notes that I don't need to do anything and u will send me the tv on 23 May.
Exciting part is that today is 23 may, I haven't heard anything, so I called up again. the staff who answered said : we are Foxtel, we only do TV packages, never give TV, it might be some other companies......OH MY LORD!!! I said can u please look at the notes inputted by the last phone operator, and he said he didn't know what is going on last time, only he could do is to escalate the matter to other dpt and give me a call......Well what can I do? I feel like if you not genuinely want to give your client TV, you should not have advertised it online. Such a cheap company!!! ill see how it goes when they call me next!

3lionsasked

Hi,
I'm just wondering if someone can help me. I've been with Foxtel over 15 years. I have the original Foxtel box, via SMS, I've been told that I need a new Foxtel box, as currently getting sound but no picture. My question is, I don't have internet access, I don't have a smart TV. I can't seem to get any answers if I need internet to be able to watch Foxtel with this new box, IQ 4 which I don't actually want. I just want to be able to watch Foxtel as I am now. Excuse my ignorance. I'd be grateful for any information. I'm quite stressed about the whole situation. Many thanks

Lydia
Lydia

Hello My mother in law has a basic box too, it works fine I am sure you can have it replaced, you can use the normal IQ 3 without internet via satellite dish, but you can’t stream, or use on demand .
Basically you watch what’s on and record everything.
I Q 4 has bad reviews.
Don’t let them push you into extra payment.

3lions

Thanks Lydia for your reply. Yes I don't actually want a new box, it's stuffed, to put it bluntly, but the one like your mother in-law has, I've had for over 15 years. I bet this new box won't last that long! So because it's no longer working, they are replacing it for free of charge, & I wouldn't be paying for it anyway, I was ready to tell them to disconnect it, as it's not really worth having these days, compared to back when I joined, all the soccer, now I've just read the soccer team channels, Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, they are gett6tid of them too at the end of May. That's good to know that I don't need the internet. I'm in my 50' but I'm not interested in streaming or anything like that. I just want to watch TV ( like we used to) getting left behind. I really appreciate your reply.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Thanks again :)

Echo

Echoasked

How much longer are you going to make us endure the ridiculous Hotels Combined and Trivago ads every 10 minutes every day on every channel. Surely they can't have that much money that they can show these ads 1,000 times a day. And don't get me started on that stupid underwear ad by some American jerk that is on every ad break all day every day. Give us a break. We have to pay exorbitant fees to have the right to watch ad after ad that never change, ever. And don't try and tell me it is not profit gouging.

Fay M.

Hi Echo, I know you posted 6 months ago, but I agree with you, still the same bloody ads on now. With the amount of money we pay for foxtel I believe there shouldn't be any ads at all.

JEFFREY

JEFFREYasked

Does anyone know if the picture quality for HD on the IQ4 is going to improve compared to the IQ 2 I used to have?

Ingrid

Ingridasked

My free to air TV, which I get through my Foxtel subscription, has frequent signal dropouts – so bad that last night I called Foxtel who told me I will have to shift to satellite reception, which involves installing a dish on the roof. I’ve been a loyal Foxtel customer for fifteen years and I don’t want a satellite on my roof. I just want good access to my free to air channels plus an assortment of channels available on Foxtel such as Comedy, ScFi, documentaries and HBO etc. No sport. After doing some research it turns out satellite won’t fix the free to air problem – I’ll need an areal as well. So what’s going on with Foxtel? Access to those free to air channels is one of the reasons I subscribe! Is there another ( simple) way I can access those free to air and pay TV channels without having to resort to a disk on my roof? Does refusing a dish mean Foxtel and I must finally part ways?

I wish I could help - Foxtel did not help me. So, in the end, yes I have cancelled my subscription to Foxtel.

Melissa G.
Melissa G.

If you sign up with iq4 you will lose all HD free to air channels...I was so annoyed when found out after installation.

Peter gibbs

Peter gibbsasked

Be very careful with kayo sports wanted to cancel after one week free trail , could not close account had to cancel credit card 5 emails sent no response ,no phone number with this company either .The only good thing about fox was the sports ,but after 10 years to expensive ,so two boxes sent back .So have to live with live scores and no picture .

Gav d
Gav d

Sorry Peter, I cant help with this one, but I have generally had little joy with so called "free trials" Your experience is pretty typical.
Cheers Gavd.

Rabbit

Rabbitasked

How long has Telstra been charging for movies that were previously free. I've just upgraded to IQ4 and in going through movies to record it would appear that the majority are now for rental, including many I have previously seen free of charge.

Sandra W

Sandra Wasked

I have an IQ2 box but cannot watch Free view channels which is super annoying & just stupid! Thinking of changing to the IQ4 box so i dont have this issue, the reviews ive read are not that great, is the IQ4 really that crap? Whats so bad about it? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Foxtel representatives

Other Pay TV Providers