2FOXTEL

FOXTEL Questions & Answers (page 3)

Brand Manager for Foxtel? Claim your listing.
alex2001
alex2001

Free LCD TV on signing up.
Hi for signing up in March /April 2019 I was eligible for a bonus LCD TV.
The TV that was delivered had promo stuff printed on the packaging about an old Red Bull Air Race. On opening the box I found the screen has small cracks all over it, like something that had been left in the sun for years.
Has anyone else received a Foxtel bonus TV that was DOA?

sailorsam
sailorsam

No, no promo TV on my deal. Not surprised that Foxtel gave you a rubbish product, it's what they do best

Xilin D.
Xilin D.

omg luckily you got the tv. I signed up on 13 March and package included a tv too. and I didn't get it in April so I called it up, and the lady firstly said the offer was for new client and when I signed up I was a new client, but it has been one month passed which means I'm an existing client so im not entitled to..... I was like..are u serious??? then she said oh, even u r entitled to the free tv, u signed up through the website, so u need to go to ur account to redeem it as a gift which u have not, and now promotion ends, as a client service we can't do anything if u sign up online. then I said:there is no info indicating I need to go online to my account and redeem the gift. after abt 40 mins on the phone, she said :oh yes u r entitled to the free TV, u just need to wait for 2 months and on 23 May you will then receive it. I said: ok pls make clear notes that I don't need to do anything and u will send me the tv on 23 May.
Exciting part is that today is 23 may, I haven't heard anything, so I called up again. the staff who answered said : we are Foxtel, we only do TV packages, never give TV, it might be some other companies......OH MY LORD!!! I said can u please look at the notes inputted by the last phone operator, and he said he didn't know what is going on last time, only he could do is to escalate the matter to other dpt and give me a call......Well what can I do? I feel like if you not genuinely want to give your client TV, you should not have advertised it online. Such a cheap company!!! ill see how it goes when they call me next!

Hi,
I'm just wondering if someone can help me. I've been with Foxtel over 15 years. I have the original Foxtel box, via SMS, I've been told that I need a new Foxtel box, as currently getting sound but no picture. My question is, I don't have internet access, I don't have a smart TV. I can't seem to get any answers if I need internet to be able to watch Foxtel with this new box, IQ 4 which I don't actually want. I just want to be able to watch Foxtel as I am now. Excuse my ignorance. I'd be grateful for any information. I'm quite stressed about the whole situation. Many thanks

Lydia
Lydia

Hello My mother in law has a basic box too, it works fine I am sure you can have it replaced, you can use the normal IQ 3 without internet via satellite dish, but you can’t stream, or use on demand .
Basically you watch what’s on and record everything.
I Q 4 has bad reviews.
Don’t let them push you into extra payment.

3lions

Thanks Lydia for your reply. Yes I don't actually want a new box, it's stuffed, to put it bluntly, but the one like your mother in-law has, I've had for over 15 years. I bet this new box won't last that long! So because it's no longer working, they are replacing it for free of charge, & I wouldn't be paying for it anyway, I was ready to tell them to disconnect it, as it's not really worth having these days, compared to back when I joined, all the soccer, now I've just read the soccer team channels, Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, they are gett6tid of them too at the end of May. That's good to know that I don't need the internet. I'm in my 50' but I'm not interested in streaming or anything like that. I just want to watch TV ( like we used to) getting left behind. I really appreciate your reply.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Thanks again :)

Echo
Echo

How much longer are you going to make us endure the ridiculous Hotels Combined and Trivago ads every 10 minutes every day on every channel. Surely they can't have that much money that they can show these ads 1,000 times a day. And don't get me started on that stupid underwear ad by some American jerk that is on every ad break all day every day. Give us a break. We have to pay exorbitant fees to have the right to watch ad after ad that never change, ever. And don't try and tell me it is not profit gouging.

Fay M.
Fay M.

Hi Echo, I know you posted 6 months ago, but I agree with you, still the same bloody ads on now. With the amount of money we pay for foxtel I believe there shouldn't be any ads at all.

JEFFREY

Does anyone know if the picture quality for HD on the IQ4 is going to improve compared to the IQ 2 I used to have?

Ingrid
Ingrid

My free to air TV, which I get through my Foxtel subscription, has frequent signal dropouts – so bad that last night I called Foxtel who told me I will have to shift to satellite reception, which involves installing a dish on the roof. I’ve been a loyal Foxtel customer for fifteen years and I don’t want a satellite on my roof. I just want good access to my free to air channels plus an assortment of channels available on Foxtel such as Comedy, ScFi, documentaries and HBO etc. No sport. After doing some research it turns out satellite won’t fix the free to air problem – I’ll need an areal as well. So what’s going on with Foxtel? Access to those free to air channels is one of the reasons I subscribe! Is there another ( simple) way I can access those free to air and pay TV channels without having to resort to a disk on my roof? Does refusing a dish mean Foxtel and I must finally part ways?

Xena Warrior Princess
Xena Warrior Princess

I wish I could help - Foxtel did not help me. So, in the end, yes I have cancelled my subscription to Foxtel.

Melissa G.

If you sign up with iq4 you will lose all HD free to air channels...I was so annoyed when found out after installation.

Peter gibbs
Peter gibbs

Be very careful with kayo sports wanted to cancel after one week free trail , could not close account had to cancel credit card 5 emails sent no response ,no phone number with this company either .The only good thing about fox was the sports ,but after 10 years to expensive ,so two boxes sent back .So have to live with live scores and no picture .

Gav d
Gav d

Sorry Peter, I cant help with this one, but I have generally had little joy with so called "free trials" Your experience is pretty typical.
Cheers Gavd.

Rabbit
Rabbit

How long has Telstra been charging for movies that were previously free. I've just upgraded to IQ4 and in going through movies to record it would appear that the majority are now for rental, including many I have previously seen free of charge.

Sandra W
Sandra W

I have an IQ2 box but cannot watch Free view channels which is super annoying & just stupid! Thinking of changing to the IQ4 box so i dont have this issue, the reviews ive read are not that great, is the IQ4 really that crap? Whats so bad about it? Thanks

Ardent

Has anyone tried Kayo Sports yet? If so, do you recommend it?

kmwa

I installed a 4 week trial for my wife, she is a darts and tennis fan.

Seems to work just fine, and she was pleased that she could stream some darts contests from a few weeks ago that hadn't fully recorded on Foxtel as they over-ran.

Picture quality is very good, no buffering even though we were on ADSL (just changed to NBN).

Kayo seems to offer all the sports channels that Foxtel offers and seems to be a good alternative if all you are interested in is sport. With Foxtel, you can't get Foxtel Sports on its own, it has to be bundled with a base subscription which makes the overall package a great deal more expensive.

It is different from Foxtel. With Foxtel, you can set upcoming events to record, and once they are past you can't access them. With Kayo, they record all events and you can stream recordings from about 6 weeks before, after that they disappear. I suppose you could keep Foxtel recordings indefinitely but you don't have that facility with Kayo.

One feature that Kayo doesn't have is fast play. On the Foxtel, my wife watches some events at 4x or 8x speed, and just watches highlights at normal speed. She can't do that with the Kayo.

I'm thinking seriously about ditching the Foxtel. We have a full subscription which is stupidly expensive. We can use our existing Stan and Netflix subscriptions for movies and get Kayo for sports for a fraction of the price.

Ardent

Thanks, Kmwa. I decided to give it a go and so far I'm happy with it.

And while it's true that you can't go 4x the speed I'm guessing on live, when you're not watching live you can get up to 2x the speed on Toggle Playback. At least on google Chrome.

Marielle

Would anyone recommend switching from an IQ2 to an IQ4? I’m happy with the IQ2 but sinc watching the ads on TV I’m thinking of upgrading.

Ralph63
Ralph63

I changed 1 week ago and not Happy. I have previously listed 10 problems that most people will have difficulty in using the unfriendly software. Note I do not use the internet as it is a basket case where I live.

John D
John D

Strongly suggest you stick with the IQ2 if you are happy with it !!! IQ3 is a black box of junk. There have been more than 80 software updates and the dam thing still didn't work properly. I have had 4 replacement units in the last 12 months and ALL were faulty. Foxtel then suggested I upgrade to an IQ4 and so far 3 units not working as properly. A 4th unit is expected 9/1 and to be honest I don't hold much hope. Good luck with your choice, but given the obscene amount they charge for faulty equipment which comes with many, many and many more adds it is getting harder to justify Foxtel at all.

Marielle

Thank you very much for your advice Ralph and Johnny. I’ll stick with the one I have. I really appreciate your help and I’m sorry to hear of your problems.

HowardG

We upgraded from the iq2 to the iq4, but sent it back and kept the iq2. This was because the HD picture quality on the iq4 was terrible, it looked like it had a soft focus making the picture dull and lifeless. I have now read that many people have had the same issue! Foxtel is dying a slow death, going by the customer reviews.

It's no wonder that their hardware is dropping in quality.

Johnno

Stay with the one you have.

iq4k is rubbish.

Marielle

Thank you very much Johnno and Howard. I totally agree with you Howard. I’ll stick with the one I have

Rachpeters P.
Rachpeters P.

Thanks for the reviews. Was about to try and get a free upgrade to iq4 from iq2 and was ready for a fight but now I think I'll just shut up and deal with the iq2

Marielle

I think it’s a safer bet Rachpeters

Wish I'd stayed with iq2

Wendy Maclean
Wendy Maclean

Anyone got a hack or suggestion to make the library (Planner) user friendly? Would love the list mode to be clear and detailed like it was on the original iqs.

Alan M
Alan M

No answer, but totally agree that the new planner sucks. Designed by people that haven't used foxtel for recording tv shows and series.

I gave feedback to foxtel about how bad and overly complicated it is and how simple the older version was. I suggest everyone who wants a decent, concise single page planner, do the same.

Agree.

iq4k is stupidly hard to use.

I agree it sucks

Catherine H
Catherine H

Why is it ok for Foxtel to continue to migrate channels to new names/groupings and then tell you that you’ll need to upgrade to watch them? If you sign up and pay for specific access surely if they change what you get they are breaking their contractual agreement. Rupert is a rip off, getting worse every day.

Mitchie
Mitchie

It seems all the power is with them. Their contract gives them the right to change the supply but you should be able to cancel your contract with them with no penalty if they no longer give you what they contracted to provide. Very sad to see a deterioration of a once excellent service.

sam bj
sam bj

has anyone experienced a loss of picture quality when upgraded to IQ4?

Ed Leo
Ed Leo

Hi sam

We do get it every now and then. The screen turns blue and it says lost connections. The picture of a Tv and Hdmi cable.

HowardG

Yes! We upgraded from an iQ2 to get the 4K channel, but on installation of the iQ4 we noticed that the high definition picture looked like it had a soft focus, compared to the iQ2. A technician was sent out and he swapped us back to our original iQ2 and agreed that the picture quality was much better with the iQ2. Consequently we sent the iQ4 back and kept our iQ2. This all happened before the 4K channel became operative. I thought that if the iQ4 couldn't display HD properly what hope would it have with 4K.

I would be very interested to hear of anyone else who has had the same problem.

Reidy R
Reidy R

I have this exact issue with iQ4. HD picture quality seems to be better than SD but not as good as the HD I had on iQ2. The 4K channel is pretty good, slightly better than HD but not much better.

Not sure what the problem is, I’ve tried everything. Apparently I’m stuck with iQ4 and Foxtel won’t let me go back to iQ2.

Looks like I’ll unsubscribe and go with Netflix which delivers awesome picture quality.

JEFFREY

Try setting your picture settings to 1080p in advanced settings. You will have to change back to Auto or 2160 to get 4k and then change back to 1080p for HD. I've complained to Foxtel about this but have yet to get an answer.

aaluii
aaluii

I have just moved into a resort which has Foxtel automatically connected, however it doesn't have an actual set top box so we cant record anything or pause or stop....the connection is through the actual antennae connection at the resort. Is there any way I can record any of the Foxtel shows?

Mainie
Mainie

Will foxtel be broadcasting Castle Rock?

Buffy
Buffy

Foxtel will start broadcasting Castle Rock on their FoxShowcase channel, from November 21st 2018

Lolliify
Lolliify

Hey guys! Could you please tell me if whenever you are charged for Foxtel Now ( I use only on PC) you get sent an invoice view email and/or able to see bill in your account? I'm having a big problem with them now.

DavidGB
DavidGB

Sorry I don't know

Rob C
Rob C

Anyone using the iq4 yet? How does it compare to iq2 / iq3?

HowardG

Yes we have had the iQ4 for a few days, the only thing I'm disappointed with is that the quality of the HD video, it's not as good as the iQ2's HD video.

It's as if it has a slightly soft focus. The iQ2 was beautifully clear and sharp. As I only upgraded the iQ2 to the iQ4 for the 4K channel, I'm worried that it will not be able to output anything like true 4K! We have a technician coming next week, I'm not holding my breath!

HowardG

The Technician arrived and agreed the video quality wasn't the best, All the settings and our other equipment was fine.

Consequently we reverted back to our iQ2 and instantly the video was clean & crisp HD again.

I must say the support Technician Beau arrived 4 minutes early and was well spoken and understood the issue, he was great. 5Stars.

It's worse.

Stick with iq2.

Lee
Lee

Is it possible to subscribe or get Foxtel in Africa? Surely with the right dish and decoder subscription is possible?

biig ron

you would prob need a 4 metre dish and a subscripton why bother for a second rate serv

Lyn
Lyn

Save your money - FOXTEL is so full of advertisements that just keep repeating themselves over and over - More ads than programs. Old programs, way too many ads (if your paying for cable TV, there shouldn't be any ads). Even free to air have less. Do yourself a favour and give them a miss. If you do need help, you get someone from Asia who are no help at all if they can be understood. I'm getting rid of mine at the end of the month. I'v gone to NETFLIX - way way cheaper and fantastic choice.

kmwa

The footprint from the satellite only covers most of the Australian mainland. They don't waste power by radiating signal over the Indian Ocean or Africa.

If you google foxtel satellite footprint you will see what I mean.

If you are desperate for Foxtel, you could try some of their internet streaming services like Foxtel Now, though you might need a VPN to fool it into thinking you are in Australia.

jimbo
jimbo

I am looking at getting Foxtel sports for f1 supercars and footy. Can anyone recommend the cheapest way i can get this ??

0ptarse
0ptarse

As of 2018. Foxtel Now will cost you 39.95 a month for 1 essential package of your choosing and Sports. This is probably the cheapest way through foxtel.

biig ron

you would needfoxtel basic plus sports

Trace

Does your wifi connection drop out with Foxtel? I have to switch my IQ2 box off at the wall from time to time for it to reconnect to wifi.

sᴀɴᴅᴍᴀɴ
sᴀɴᴅᴍᴀɴ

Has nothing to do with resetting the foxbox - There is No signal coming from their end.

requested channel/s signal cancel so will reset the channels, happened once before all channels worked afterwards. This time around, it is just the run around.

20years of good customers is over.

hello Netflix

Chloe
Chloe

Yep we had that, it went on and on always having to reset the box until one day it just stopped all together long story short we had a technician around and it turned out to be the box it was replaced with an iq3 and we no longer have the problem. The iq2 are only good for the dump now apparently but we had to email the complaints line and complain then they rang us- that’s the only way we could speak to an Australian who solved it straight away. We were paying for a box that was faulty maybe you are too. ;)

Trace

That’s great to finally read someone with same problem and going on that I’ll be ringing Foxtel tomorrow, thanks heaps!

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Foxtel? Claim your listing.