2FOXTEL

FOXTEL Questions & Answers (page 4)

Brand Manager for Foxtel? Claim your listing.
Col
Col

I currently pay $99 on a Telstra broadband monthly plan plus$124 for Foxtel includes iq3 box is it a further cost to have Foxtel now?

biig ron

yes foxtel is seperate to broadband i pay 152 dollers a month for foxtell plus 75 dollers a month for nbn

noelene
noelene

why can't i purchase sport pack to go with my senior pack? i would really like a sensible answer i have been with foxtel for more than 10 years

Di Allen
Di Allen

Senior Card Pack according to this -retv.com.au/news/foxtel/foxtel-seniors-card-package-retired-by-half-price-offer/ was discontinued 2016..article explains that Foxtel 'new' offers are better anyway. Am looking at the Sports/Entertainment Combo which has Discovery and Nat.Geographic -we won't miss Movies/Drama/Entertainment-can go with Netflix for that.

Mick fox
Mick fox

Why are youse closing all your kiosks

littledog
littledog

cos people are now aware that foxtel are a waste of money and are theives

Sheina
Sheina

How much would it cost me if I added an extra channel to my $25 package?

Aye

The cheapest channels are only an extra 1c per year, however to attain this price you must pay $25 extra for the sports pack (increasing to $29). A single channel can also be purchased for $5- there are two to choose from. All other channels are either considerably dearer or must be purchased as part of a pack. The Kids pack 6 channels for $10, Docos pack 10 channels for $10, Entertainment plus pack 9 channels for $10, Drama pack 6 channels for $20, Movies pack 9 channels for $20 or the Sport pack 9 channels for $25 (increasing to $29).

dianachanner
dianachanner

Can anyone tell me if one can add more Ram to the Foxtel IQ3 unti please?

Aye

Content from boxes is not allowed to be transferred onto a USB due to copyright protection. At present, there is no current use for the USB port aside from technicians using them for quick software updates.

Mel

Who writes the movie blurbs?

LeeR
LeeR

Sorry, I don't know Mel, and it's hard to find out. Perhaps a 'phone call to Foxtel will maybe help you. In my opinion, Marc Fennell from TripleJ/SBS is the best.

Mel

Thank you I had a feeling ABC was responsible.

janmarg
janmarg

how can I cancel live sport pressed launching? but want to stop it

Sick of foxtel
Sick of foxtel

Hit the foxtel button at the top of the remote

nacho

when I signed up to foxtel my bill stated iQHD then the last 3 bills it stated iQ2 what does that mean?

sentinel88
sentinel88

You should contact your provider to ask questions regarding items on your bill!

Someguy123
Someguy123

iQHD and iq2 are the same thing. They renamed it because of the iq3

MissLAE
MissLAE

How slow is the Foxtel broadband? Is it really annoying? I can't stay with Telstra because of a bill so what's the next best internet provider? I need 1tb or unlimited.

Lara R.
Lara R.

It finally got fixed however it's not as fast as telstra not annoyingly however optus was my next choice they had some good deals which included TV channels too. Hope this helps.

RalphieLu
RalphieLu

Go with Optus I know they have poor reviews but it's better than Telstra and my internet never drops out unlike other networks

Lyndy Trezins
Lyndy Trezins

Thinking about getting Broadband bundle, I have had normal Foxtel TV no problems.

My question is has anyone had problems with the broadband/landline side of things and does it run slow?

Thanking you Lyndy

David
David

If bundle involves the iQ3 system would recommend that you stick with the old system until all of the ongoing software problems are resolved. That could be a long time!

rockres
rockres

To be fair HFC (the cable used in Australia for broadband) by Optus & Testra slows for everyone in peak times. Adding an IQ3 to this won't help, but then it will effect everything in the web, not just this. The IQ3 however is a disaster... mines failed to work repeatedly, it's not customer ready.

sandt
sandt

check out my review I wouldn't recommend internet

Toni Bell
Toni Bell

If anyone is contemplating the move to FOXTEL internet and home phone.. one word.. DON'T!!!!!

1. They DO NOT have their own Email servers.. this means you will not receive or be able to send any emails at all... you will have to then purchase an email account from a third party supplier and cost $. This will eat into any saving your thought you may have had.

2. They DO NOT have their own tech services .. and what little they may have are less 'tech' than my chickens. I was put through to 'A MORE TECHNICAL TECH', who answered the phone 'He

llo welcome to Telstra' lol.. Foxtels own tech's will continually tell you they will "open a case' for you and have someone 'look into it' and call you back.. WONT HAPPEN.

3. Their internet is rejected by spam services on various Australian web servers, this means some web sites block FOXTEL IP addresses completely.

4. Their internet speeds are approx. half of what you have now unless of course you are currently living in the cook islands, peddling for power.

5. For anyone who runs an online business they are a nightmare to deal with, they never follow up and most certainly, stop calling back once you start having problems..

6. IF you are a web site designer YOU CANNOT FTP FROM A FOXTEL IP ADDRESS because when FOXTEL purchased their IP addresses they bought second hand bottom of the barrel American IP addresses previously spammed as a threat by national and international service providers. Then there are the 'wonderful' tech support crew who get a little smug when they confidently tell you 'Oh well you see that's your problem because we don't supply internet for business's, we only do home broadband and internet".. A RELATIVELY IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFORMATION MISSING FROM THEIR ORIGINAL SALES PITCH!!!!!!!!

I am fairly sure TELSTRA simply threw FOXTEL out there to test the market for Service providers who do not have to supply email servers.. Email servers are where your nightmares begin and end if you are a service provider, so I do understand why they are doing it, however in the meantime they are catching out thousands of unsuspecting customers.

My advice.. STAY AWAY FROM FOXTEL .. They suck.. and that was me being polite!!

Andrew
Andrew

Very slow and poor customer service too. Please please avoid at cost, read previous poster re email and smug techs! I get half the speed as I did from my last isp.

Mrs Smith

We have the free two week trial period, there was a small technical issue and now thanks to tech support, it's not working at all which is nice for our trial period time frame and our foxtel confidence. If we continue after the free period do we get charged for that free two weeks or does the billing start AFTER the trial period? (personally I would assume this, but from what we have experienced........goodness knows!!!)

Ray

Hi Karen. I didn't have a free period when I got my Foxtel so I can't answer that for you. I'd ring them and demand that it starts once the Foxtel was up and running and get them to send an email confirming it. Always get an email form them confirming what they do for you.

Hope that helps,

Mrs Smith

Excellent advice Ray and much appreciated. Our experience so far is OUTRAGEOUSLY bad!.

Roger vine
Roger vine

How do I cancel my subscription?

Gloria

Do what I did and just ring them and tell them you are no longer interested

Mrs Smith

There is a queue Roger, get in it!

nacho

they don't make it easy to cancel, they say yes we have cancelled your subscription,[if you can understand them ] then instead they reconnect you the day after. Does the accc even look into foxtel complaints

Fuxtelll
Fuxtelll

Do what I did do not pay your bill.. that is the only way to get f*xteks or f%xtels attention, if the money stops floating then the phone calls start flowing in... I answer them n tell them they need to wait in line & that there may be delays to conjestion bip bip blah blah lol

markstokman
markstokman

So many bad reviews why should I even contemplate Foxtel?

Jason Timlock
Jason Timlock

I agree mark. Their idea of customer service is to service your wallet. Its a cute form of entrapment.

lynette vane
lynette vane

No to many repeats

Gloria

Do not even go near them. They do not care about their customers. Best thing I did gettting rid of them

Mich
Mich

i agree Mark, if you don't join, you will save yourself a lot of money, stress, anger at being ripped off and lied to, bad quality old repetitive shows, I could go on etc. there are some viable competitors on the internet and a damn sight cheaper and easier to get rid of if you choose. Regards.

phoenix2345

I only really want to watch House of Cards & Thrones ... all episodes of both. Cannot get on Netflix ? not in Oz, cant buy dvd etc so Ithought haha Foxel, I will finally go down that road!!! but, after reading about the many failures, don't think I will bother. Do they have these shows anyway, & can they be watched as per dvd box set eg Dexter etc.

Ljboswell
Ljboswell

Yes they have those shows, game of thrones currently on, house of cards not on at mo but not sure. They are not on demand however plus you then have to put up with 6 or 8 of what foxtel describes as "toilet breaks" per hour

joseph krupa
joseph krupa

hi, the answer is correct from ljboswell, i actually cancelled my subscrition with foxtell recently, it was so bad that if they offered it to me for free, i MIGHT just MIGHT consider it,just an after thought, when it was originaly called GALAXY is was commercial free and good, when it became AUSTAR it got worse and when it became FOXTELL it became intolerable, the list is too long.too many commercials etc etc add nauseam.

phoenix2345

Thanks for responses, already decided against foxtel, just want to buy the above products. are we not part of the planet? incredible!

Itchy Witch
Itchy Witch

Netflix has House of Cards. Just finished watching Season 3. Netflix is great.

c.hull
c.hull

What is going on with all the reruns? the same mini series have been rerun over and over in the last few months. the movie channels are lucky to get newer movies only one a month the rest are all rerun over and over, tv series are all old repeats and more ads than on normal tv...yes ok foxtel , your trying to make up your money from buying austar but why should consumers pay for this low standard of service....people are fed up and you will lose.

Illusion of choice
Illusion of choice

Internally Foxtel refers to customers as 'Muppets'. Say no more.

robin
robin

As one who has Foxtel primarily for AFL. why is the technical coverage so bad. Foxtel cameramen consistently show mostly long shots, meaning that close ups of the contests are practically non-existent. Are the camera crews incompetent, or is it the fault of the producers. It costs a lot to see a product that is often unwatchable

ANGIE C
ANGIE C

In fairness Robin your gripe has nothing to do with FOXTEL… Yet your biggest consolation is you watch the game without commercials after each goal is scored. Try watching a Hawthorn game where every 3 minutes you get a flippin’ commercial! :)

As AFL (Hawthorn) viewers ourselves we didn’t bother with the sports package this year. Being in QLD Channel 7 sufficed our needs for the 2014 Season. And besides, FOXTEL as we discovered, doesn’t even broadcast the Grand Final so there was no real advantage for us to pay the extra $/month.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Foxtel? Claim your listing.