Frank Health Insurance

Frank Health Insurance (page 2 of 25)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (23) · 1-2 weeks (3) · 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (27) · No (2)
  • Would Book AgainYes (9) · No (3)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (2%) · No (98%)

This is a must have insurance

Is great value have been with frank for around 2 years, I have had many offers from other health co but I find frank health insurance to be the best by far.

Dal Marshall

Dal MarshallNorth Western Region, NSW

So far so good, and expect this to continue

Policy is great value, only offering the things I need not offering me things that are of absolutely no use to me as is offered by my current health fund

October 28th 2019 Update: Good product, nicely priced

Havent had to use the insurance yet, and hope it will be some time before I ever need it ..... but so far the experience has been positive and expect this to continue into the future.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Would Book AgainYes

Excellent private health insurance, great customer service

Great value for the policy, I have been on their extras for a couple of years now. It was easy to set up. Customer service is excellent, especially with their live chat. you can pretty much ask anything, and their staff is all very helpful and friendly (most of the time). Especially this person Shareena, she is very friendly and help me deal with what I needed.

you can lodge a claim online, and usually you'll receive it within a week.

I've been with them for 3 years now.

Ron of Rye.

Ron of Rye.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent fund to deal with. Very happy.

I don't think any funds are good value but Frank softens the impact with open and friendly service. All our claims have been settled in an acceptable time.
As best I can recall I have been with Frank for approximately 6-8 years.

Awais Mahmood

Awais MahmoodSydney, NSW

No more frank health insurance it's cheap but they don't return your hospital expenses.

I bought visitor family health insurance 2years ago. This month first time I lodge a claim which is $500 return but they start playing games and sad bring multiple docs from hospital. I ask hospital they sad we never ever giving these forms to patients even we don't have. I have all invoices which is i already provide to insurance company but they won't help me. Before I was with allianz they bit expensive but good when ever I lodge claim they made more easier for us and return. No more Good by Frank

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Clarissa Crombie

Clarissa CrombieHunter Region, NSW

Best choice we made was switching to Frank

Yes most certainly good value compared to other funds.
I had never heard of Frank before so was hesitant but had no problems at all.
We were with HCF for many years and it just kept going up in price.

Matt H

Matt HSouthwest, VIC

Decent enough insurance, but needs improvement

Alan D

Alan DSouthwest, VIC

My Life Savers

Having needed to go through quadruple bypass surgery almost 3years ago the fact that Frank covered every single cent of the over $27,000 was an absolute godsend thank you Frank

Claim DateSeptember 2016

Review collected in partnership with Frank Health Insurance

Great service do far and no issues.

Policy is good, no issues so far. But only issue is we hardly use anything and pay so much every month and get nothing in return. Hope they will decrease premiums

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim DateSeptember 2018

Angela

AngelaSydney, NSW

Great service and value for money

I recently called Frank health insurance for a quote for my sons health insurance. The staff member was excellent. He took the time to get know my sons needs and the reasoning behind my choices steering me in the right direction. The price was good for the cover and waiting times are a little shorter than some companies on the market. Because of this I had 3 of my adult children sign up with them recently.
Value for money and kind service.

member_id_413615

member_id_413615Banks 2906, ACT

Decent offering - screwed up billing causing headaches

ATag

ATagSydney, NSW

Happy with Frank!

Very good customer service! They go beyond to help you. I was having a dilema on my cover but they offered a solution and helped me and they covered the cost of my procedure. Happy Im with Frank!

Claim DateMay 2019
Brett N.Frank Health Insurance

Thanks for sharing your feedback ATag! Always glad we can solve a problem.

The worst and lowest pay out for coverage

I was with frank insurance for a number of years. Paid huge amount each month and got bugger all when it was time to claim from my surgery. Was told by the medical staff / receptionist that FRANK is the lowest paying health insurance.
The staff do not properly tell you the complete cost and because they left out a few certain words like ' combined total" I was in for a rude shock when I had to pay more money than thought.
Be aware

Claim DateMarch 2019

Laki

LakiSydney, NSW

The worst health insurance ever

The worst cover I ever had. Please be aware that what you actually covered. 485 visa holders they covered pregnancy as the details but actually cover only delivery charges. This is the worst health insurance I ever had and bad customer service as well.

Would Book AgainNo
Rahim

RahimPerth, WA

Thinking to Switch

Would Book AgainNo
Leroy

LeroyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Losing it's edge

With recent changes, Frank doesn't have seemed to kept up value for money-wise. I hope to be changing insurance soon but just doing my final checks. (NB: Looking like AHM or health.com.au)

Hancko

HanckoHunter Region, NSW

Good cover

I have already been in hospital this year and paid $500 excess and now been told that I have to pay another $250 excess in July when I go in again because of the excess now being $750. I was told previously that I was covered for the year and wouldn’t have to pay again when I asked so I stayed with Frank who I have been happy with but $750 excess for an overnight or day surgery is just too much.

DeanMH

DeanMHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great extras coverage

Recently joined at end of 2018, when I go to places and my partner also goes, the receptionist always looks at my card funny with a "who's Frank" and then when they see how minimal my gap payment is,
Really easy claims process and never had an issue.
Cheers, Frank!

Frank Health Insurance FFrank Health Insurance

Hi Dean, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear that you are happy with your Frank cover. If you ever require assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.
Kindest Regards,
Melanie
Team Frank

Kerry EdwardsHunter Region, NSW

this is better than other health funds

my policy Frank more extras good value serving my wait periods no claims yet 1 week happy with what I've got might shop around and get basic hospital just in case

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family

David FlintSydney, NSW

great policy, great company, excellent staff.

great policy, great company, excellent staff. Claims were so transparent, and coverage is and was excellent.
My son recommended Frank after us being with NIB for over 390 years , wish I had changed 29 years ago!

Claim DateNovember 2018

See all Frank Health Insurance reviews

Christine W

Christine Wasked

We have been with Frank for 3 years and they have been very professional when ever I need to find out anything to do with our policy and claims would recommend them to anyone. The only thing I don't know is if our policy is from January to December or does it restart from financial year.

k.pringle
k.pringle

Hi....well i guess you are lucky. I had a terrible time with them

lisasmith

lisasmithasked

Is everyone’s excess going up by 50% on the 1st April 2019? Or just ours? Friends with different providers are not experiencing an increase.

Kerry Edwards

yes from the first of April

Hi Lisa,

I can't speak for all health insurers, but as I understand it a large portion of providers are electing to increase the excess level on certain policies. The reason that Frank has chosen to increase the excess level, is that we are committed to keeping premiums as low as possible. Generally speaking, a higher excess means a lower premium!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Zac - Team Frank

Amrie

Amrieasked

Hi, if i was to transfer over to frankinsurance from defence health does the wait period still apply for transfers? Thank you

David Flint

Ask Frank, they may have a no wait clause or the like which may be beneficial.

Hi Amri,
Thanks for your question.
When you transfer to Frank, we will honour any waiting periods you have already served with your current fund for a similar level of cover as long as you have not had a gap longer than 30 days in between health funds.
Regardless of the level of extras cover you have with them, we will give you continuity of cover, it will only depend on how long you have held your cover with them that may have an impact. The hospital cover is different, however, if you transfer to Frank on a higher level of cover than what you held previously, you will have waiting periods for the procedures that you were not previously covered for.

If you have any further questions I would suggest contacting us via phone, web chat or email our contact information can be located here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact.
Regards,