Frank Health Insurance

Frank Health Insurance (page 2 of 24)

this is better than other health funds

my policy Frank more extras good value serving my wait periods no claims yet 1 week happy with what I've got might shop around and get basic hospital just in case

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainYes
Hi Kerry, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! I am glad to hear you are happy with your extras cover and it is working for you. We do have basic hospital cover options available so I would recommend contacting the team and we are more than happy to discuss these options and whether or not we have a hospital cover to suit your needs. You can contact us through the following link: https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact Regards, Melanie Team Frank

great policy, great company, excellent staff.

great policy, great company, excellent staff. Claims were so transparent, and coverage is and was excellent.
My son recommended Frank after us being with NIB for over 390 years , wish I had changed 29 years ago!

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate any feedback that our members have to offer! We are as up front and easy going as we possibly can be so it's good to hear that you have had a great experience. Regards, Melanie Team Frank

More about extras

I thought the policy was good value when i changed to it 2 years ago from another similar cover. And compared to a lot of others it is better value.
I am happy with the higher 60 % rebate. Never a problem to claim. But I don't like the fact that for eg. naturopathic & homeopathic is no longer inc. in any health insurance. + the other dozen or more modalities wiped from health insurance.
I like the fact that I can suspend my insurance if i'm out of the country for longer than a month.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Kym, Thanks for the review! We try and keep things simple and affordable so it’s great to hear that you've been happy with your experience to date. Zac - Team Frank

Hope we are with you to stay

Joined March 2018 It would have been easy to join except for our previous Health Fund messed the transition up, and as we paid yearly and by direct Debit they still took out our premium for the year, which then took a month to get the money back. The Policy we now have covers us for or needs.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainYes

Higher Premiums & Reduced Services.

We have just received our new yearly premium starting 1st April 2019. The yearly cost has increased by $184.00 and our excess has been increased from $500 to $750 by Frank. To make matters even worse Frank have also decided to remove the following procedures (See List Below) from our current policy as of 1st April 2019. We have had Best Hospital Cover with Frank for numerous years and are extremely disappointed with this continual removal of benefits paid. Please check your upcoming premium & goodbye Frank.

New hospital product categories
From 1 April 2019, the Australian Government will introduce four simple categories for hospital products: Gold, Silver, Bronze and Basic tiers. Your cover will be categorised as a Silver+ product.
Excess change
Your excess is changing from $500 to $750. Your attached product fact sheet contains additional excess details.
Hospital services that will no longer be covered
From 1 April 2019, Frank will not pay benefits towards the following in hospital services:
· Dialysis for chronic kidney failure: Hospital treatment for dialysis treatment for chronic kidney failure
· Insulin pumps: Treatment for the provision and replacement of insulin pumps for treatment of diabetes
· Pain management with device: Treatment for the implantation, replacement or other surgical management of a device required for the treatment of pain
· Weight loss surgery: Hospital treatment for surgery designed to reduce a person’s weight, remove excess skin due to weight loss and reversal of a bariatric procedure
Hospital services that will be restricted
From 1 April 2019, Frank will pay restricted benefits towards the following in hospital services:
· Hospital psychiatric services: Treatment for patients with psychiatric, mental, addiction or behavioural disorders
More information about restricted benefits is in the attached product fact sheet.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I understand your disappointment that we are increasing the cost of your policy and the excess from the 1st of April. We understand any increase to premiums isn't ideal so we have done our best to ensure our increase is as low as we could make it. At Frank we are a not for profit organisation. The main difference between a "for profit" and a "not for profit" is that a "for profit" health insurer has shareholders who are paid dividends from the profits made during the year. As a not for profit insurer we consider the demand on and cost of health care services in addition to the benefits paid to our members in the previous year. This means the increase in premiums is only to cover the costs of projected claims in the upcoming year and also to cover the cost of running the business (so that we are here to answer your enquiries). The Federal government also reduces the amount of Private Health Insurance Rebate they pay each year, as a result of this members need to pay more to cover the cost because the government is paying less. For more information on the Federal Government Rebate changes please visit http://health.gov.au/privatehealth. We can certainly understand your frustration. We can't reduce the cost of your cover, but we can do a cover review which will ensure you are on the right level of cover to get the best value. Let us know if you would like us to look into this for you. You can also lock in your current premium for up to 12 months by paying an annual premium before the 31st of March. If you have any further questions I would suggest contacting us via phone, web chat or email our contact information can be located here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact. Regards, Melanie Team FrankWe thankfully have moved Health funds with better coverage at cheaper rate.

Excellent cover, budget price

Top level service and cover for very reasonable prices. Why wouldn’t everyone have at least extras cover at this price. Every time I go to a service provider and they swipe my card they say, Frank i’ve never heard of that. But when they see the level of reimbursement and the minimal gap to pay, they are always shocked. That in itself talks up how good this insurance is.

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Coverage TypeCouple

Easy to understand health insurance, competitively priced.

Easy to set up, everything is online, written in plain English that is easy to understand and website is simple to use. Good insurance, competitively priced. Customer service is good too. Highly recommend.

Coverage TypeCouple

Exceeded my expectations for a private health membership

- Yes, Yes
- lodged claims and resolution always rapid. Entitlements directly credited - No fuss.
- my 3rd or 4th year. I've tried all the 'Commercial' ones previously. That's all they are - Commercials!

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

I recommend Frank

recommed Frank to many people. We have been a member of Frank for many years and I love it's no fuss/authentic policies and procedures. The customer service is outstandingly prompt, efficient and seamless.

Coverages

I've been with Frank since Augst of 2018, and I recently have frozen shoulder/upper back pain and found out the amount and percentage of the maximum cover is not much especially the service fee is high. If you're currently in pain and don't know how long it takes for it to heal before having to pay 100% out of pocket especially when you paying for the insurance policy but is still not enough to cover therefore it doesn't feel right at all.

I hope you guys can review and reconsider to increase an additional $100.00 and increase the 60% to 80% instead for the maximum coverage for the following below, to me preventative services is much cheaper than the cost of surgeries.

Exercise/Hydro/Myo/Physio $300.00
Acu/Nat/Homeo/Massage $400.00
Chiro/Osteo $300.00

Thank you for your help.
Tami Nguyen

Insurance claim madeNo

Dont love it but dont hate it

Around 3 to 4 years. Have compared other health insurances each year but always continue with Frank as they're good for my needs

Insurance claim madeYes

I have only just goi it, so early days still

I have only been with the insurance company for one month. So it is early days still for me but I have no complaints so far.

Suitable

not sure how long of being a member, a few years, staff have been very helpful when making inquiries. Being a pensioner, premiums are getting very expensive.

very good

approx 5 years i have no more to say about your company i recommend frank to all our friends thank you

Happy

Always quick to pay, have never had any problems claiming, happy with services used. Nil complaints
Good service provided for family

Better than the rest

I have been in a health fund continuously for 34 years, many different ones: Medibank private, Budapest, Government Employees Health Fund included. This fund, that I have been with now for over 5 years, has been great for me and my husband. We have been very happy with the benefits we have received. All health fund premiums are expensive but at least this fund has been more generous than others in terms of our claims.

Useless

18 yrs. only joined for tax purposes. Frank has an insidious operating model. They hide the facts hoping you will never find out. If you do find out they give you the policy which is too difficult to figure out while keep increasing the premium so you give up in frustration and they win. I believe others would be the same. I will quit private health insurance completely at the earliest opportunity.

Insurance claim madeYes

Easiest and most rewarding health insurance

Frank health insurance is great - I signed up easily online and had all my questions answered promptly with web-chat. I prefer web-chat to phoning. Whenever I make a claim at the practitioner they always say the rebate is the best they've seen. In my experience the rebates are fantastic for dentistry and osteo. Retrospective online claiming is easy too.

Happy Frank

We have been with Frank for a few years now and are very happy. Would be nice for private health insurance companies to be more flexible when it comes to allocation of specific $ for services. Example: If you need more physio, you should be able to move chiro $ to physio etc. But besides this Frank has been really good.

Waste of money

It’s a total waste of money I just have this policy for tax purposes, I doubt that I will ever use it.

Insurance claim madeNo

We have been with Frank for 3 years and they have been very professional when ever I need to find out anything to do with our policy and claims would recommend them to anyone. The only thing I don't know is if our policy is from January to December or does it restart from financial year.
Hi....well i guess you are lucky. I had a terrible time with them

Is everyone’s excess going up by 50% on the 1st April 2019? Or just ours? Friends with different providers are not experiencing an increase.
yes from the first of AprilHi Lisa, I can't speak for all health insurers, but as I understand it a large portion of providers are electing to increase the excess level on certain policies. The reason that Frank has chosen to increase the excess level, is that we are committed to keeping premiums as low as possible. Generally speaking, a higher excess means a lower premium! Thanks for getting in touch. Zac - Team Frank

Hi, if i was to transfer over to frankinsurance from defence health does the wait period still apply for transfers? Thank you
yesAsk Frank, they may have a no wait clause or the like which may be beneficial.Hi Amri, Thanks for your question. When you transfer to Frank, we will honour any waiting periods you have already served with your current fund for a similar level of cover as long as you have not had a gap longer than 30 days in between health funds. Regardless of the level of extras cover you have with them, we will give you continuity of cover, it will only depend on how long you have held your cover with them that may have an impact. The hospital cover is different, however, if you transfer to Frank on a higher level of cover than what you held previously, you will have waiting periods for the procedures that you were not previously covered for. If you have any further questions I would suggest contacting us via phone, web chat or email our contact information can be located here https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/contact. Regards, Melanie Team Frank

Frank Health Insurance