Frank Health Insurance

• <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (4)
Azin S.
Azin S.Sydney, NSW

Their staff give misleading information and try to get out of paying off your claims!

I have extras cover with Frank Insurance which is meant to cover any ambulance services. I had to use the NSW ambulance service 3 months ago and I end up paying the ambulance invoice myself because Frank wasn’t responding to them. I tried to claim it back from them and they keep asking me for more documents even though I already sent them everything they asked me to send! I don’t know what they are aiming for here but it definitely doesn’t look like they are doing their job properly!! Don’t recommend it!

Dillon BM
Dillon BMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer sevice isn't great and it really isn't value for money.

The policy was not good value considering you can obtain an almost identical policy from competitors for cheaper, they for some reason misspelled my name even though I signed up via the online form (and everything was typed), it took them longer than usual to setup my account after receiving the clearance certificate and upon trying to cancel my policy, the customer service officer made it purposefully difficult.

siddharth
siddharthGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faulty system, hiding behind guise of non profit to deny services &/or compensation

The Muppett
The MuppettSydney

Disgraceful behaviour during the covid pandemic

Ariadna R.Sydney, NSW

Attention migrants! Got charged for Lifetime Health Cover even got hospital cover immediately

I just realised that for the last 3 years I was charged for LHC even as a migrant who got immediately (within 365 days) a private health cover since got a Permanent Residency (and entering the country) I'm not suppose to pay it. And this is about 100$ per month!
Send a request for a refund. Membership Number 245260

Ariadna R.

Can confirm that the after contacting the insurance company, provided medicare document they have fully refunded

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
mitchbukka
mitchbukka

dropped optical provider without notification

Frank dropped my optical dispensor vision direct with no notice to customers who have been using them regularly. Now $300 out of pocket. I can return my prescription glasses but wont get refunded for the lenses. They state vision direct is not australian, however they promote "clearly" who are also international

Suzanne Melbourne
Suzanne MelbourneVictoria

Not supportive of COVID - 19 Health practises

My son suffers from migraines , so we were recommended to see a Dietician. We did this , but it was a CONFERENCE CALL due to COVID - 19 new practises .
This was certainly not our choice but that of the Clinic.
We were billed $150 , but FRANK HEALTH will not pay this claim .
The service is part of my Benefit , but they will not pay as it was not face to face .
How disgraceful is this .
I will be moving my Health Insurance to a FUND that is responding properly to the current world.
Not happy at all .

Heidi Kessell
Heidi KessellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very slow and unresponsive

Horrible experience with Frank, I have been waiting for a claim to be finalised for 4 months. Each time I call I have to explain the situation and sit on the phone for ages and I don’t get any assistance or any initiative to try and finalise the claim. Really poor service.

Dodgy and unclear.

Hospital rang frank to tell them i most likely had pancreatic cancer (i dont thank god) and needed emergency surgery, frank couldn't clarify if i was 100 percent covered, no matter who you spoke with. The liason at the hospital told me they were the worst health insurer she's ever had to deal with, and that they bwere scamming me. Also rang to see if i was covered for a 3 hour endoscopy, turns out i am which means i don't have to pay 485 for the procedure, but i have to pay frank 750 for hospital excess. So it would literally be cheaper to not use my health insurance which i pay 107 a month for.

Find out how Frank Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

top cover and you offer me no card, big delay, crap online portal, crap customer services and no compensation!!!

Signed up in 12/12/19 for a top cover. The card is never been sent out. 1st and 2nd time spoke to consultant they said WAIT. 3rd time they said they will resend. Another week they text “card just being sent pls wait another 5-7 business days”. Called them again, they said they are doing the right thing, claim can be made online, their annual limit on their website is not working and you must call them to know the limit, you must paid for expensive item and it is not their faults. Again, it is top cover and you offer me no card, crap online portal, crap customer services and no compensation!!!

Bcc
BccSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claiming Cancer Council products is a nightmare

amkerker
amkerkerWimmera, VIC

Cancelled my hospital insurance with another insurer

When taking out ancillary cover only, they completed a cancellation form for both hospital and ancillary cover. It took me 2 hours to fix it up with them and my hospital insurer which was clearly an admin error of GMHBA. I am glad I ended up cancelling extras cover with Frank because, I find out anyway that they would hate to have to take on covering our family for extras as we would claim orthodontics. Not sure that is how health insurance works but anyhow, good to know Frank and indirectly GMHBA will not go broke now from not covering our orthodontic item numbers that we will claim.

Anna
AnnaSydney, NSW

Awful customer service. Misleading claims. Member portal does not work

Frank Minimum Working Visa (Overseas Visitor Health Cover) Does NOT exempt from Medicare Levy Surcharge

Awais Mahmood
Awais MahmoodSydney, NSW

No more frank health insurance it's cheap but they don't return your hospital expenses.

I bought visitor family health insurance 2years ago. This month first time I lodge a claim which is $500 return but they start playing games and sad bring multiple docs from hospital. I ask hospital they sad we never ever giving these forms to patients even we don't have. I have all invoices which is i already provide to insurance company but they won't help me. Before I was with allianz they bit expensive but good when ever I lodge claim they made more easier for us and return. No more Good by Frank

See all Frank Health Insurance reviews