Freedom Insurance Questions & Answers

20 questions from our users

Tracy patricia hastie

Tracy patricia hastieasked

My name is tracy p hastie do I still have a cover with freedom

Leigh

Leighasked

Easy to sign up but hard to cancel.

Myra

Myraasked

Are there any Reviews on Family members using Loved ones Funeral Insurance Cover? Would be interesting read.

Irene C.

Irene C.asked

Do I get a refund if I cancel my funeral insurance?

jule61
jule61

From what I understand, you would not be eligible for a full refund of any amount taken automatically from your account after the 12 months is up. You would need to have contacted them and cancelled BEFORE the 12 months is up. But you should be able to cancel and stop any further amounts being taken. Best of luck getting in contact with them and effecting this cancellation. Perhaps you could negotiate a partial refund - pro rata based?
Freedom Insurance would be best to answer this question, in an open and forthcoming manner for the sake of all, but this is what I understand from what I've seen and read.
Actually, there's an article online about the difficulty people have had in the past cancelling. It is eight months old, and hopefully they've improved their practices, but you might want to read this:
"Freedom Insurance staff hung up on customers who tried to cancel policies, inquiry told" https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/sep/12/freedom-insurance-staff-hung-up-on-customers-who-tried-to-cancel-policies-inquiry-told

Elayne Pickthall
Elayne Pickthall

Highly unlikely.....they are very difficult to deal with and I have found out recently via their website that Freedom are winding down their business and will eventually close down. They are transferring all policies beginning with 94 to 'iasas' (whoever they are) but Freedom as yet have not had the decency to notify their policy holders of this situation.......good luck!!!

Leslie H.

Leslie H.asked

Hi, i injured my ankle about 2 months ago, i forgot i had accidental injury cover, am i able to still claim even if it happened 2 months ago?

Shae Maree

Shae Mareeasked

Hi, i've been paying $27.06/fortnight.....Is this just for funeral cover or is there a possibility that it is public liability as I do the markets and it is a requirerment to have public liability insurance...I'm very sorry for such a air-headed question its just I had a near fatal accident 2 years ago and it has left me with a brain injury....so if I haven't written it down I would have forgotten about it....can someone please reply to me ....thanks Shae

Wendy D.

Wendy D.asked

Do you still have 1st year funeral insurance free

Bad Santa
Bad Santa

No Wendy. I dropped that as have funeral insurance elsewhere.

Philippa B

Philippa Basked

If your deceased how long after can your executor/power of attorney receive the money

Norman Wilson
Norman Wilson

My dad was with a different company and when he past away it took up to 2 weeks to get the payout but they made the check out to the estate of my dad so the bank wouldn’t cash it till we opened up an account for the estate of the late norm Wilson so it took over a month to get the funds out so make sure you open a bank account for the late who ever

Ferret

Ferretasked

Good morning do you do travel cover insurance please???

Debtheeagle

Hi Ferret, I do believe they cover travel insurance.. Jump on their website & have a look or give them a call.

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Ferret, thanks for your question. Unfortunately we do not offer travel insurance.

glen

glenasked

if I cancel my policy, will I get anything back?

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Glen, our apologies for the late response to your question. This would depend on the policy you have in place and for how long. Please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 88 44 88 to discuss this further.

Genevieveasked

Hi, I was just wondering I accidentally incurred a back sprain at work is that covered under my accident policy with Freedom?

Carolyn Hutchison
Carolyn Hutchison

I think it would depend on exactly what policy you have and if the injury prevents you from working. I would suggest calling the company.

Debtheeagle

It would depend upon the policy you have, and if this prevents you from working?? Read your policy if you can, then give freedom a call, they are great to talk to.

Genevieve

Hi ladies, thanks for your answers, however it is not an income protection policy, just an accidental injury policy.

Jen

Jenasked

I am getting calls sometimes twice a day! I did answer the call last week and said that i am not interested. Even got the number on auto reject but still getting the calls. I cannot even ring a number to tell them to stop. So over it. Please help.

Pamela Smith
Pamela Smith

I suppose I stopped getting calls because I did sign up for the one year free insurance for our family. I am getting calls from an energy supplier who wants to give me a better deal, solar power, and of course my computer is unhealthy, several times a day on my mobile, on the home phone, and even on my husband's mobile and he is with a different telcom. If you miss a call and try to phone back, usually the number is disconnected. When will they stop bugging us ?

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Jen, we are sorry it has taken us so long for us to get back to you. If you private message me your phone number I will check that it has been added to our No Call register. We apologies for any inconvenience caused by the calls you received.

Debtheeagle

Did you happen to play any of those competitions where you win gift cards, Woolworths or coles ect. As I know of people who have and have by accident said yes to a certain company giving then a call back. And have been inundated by calls by certain places. I am led to believe that there is a reporting line for this type of thing. I'm soy i don't have the number but just Google it. Hope this helps

Emma W

Emma Wasked

Hi there, I’ve broken my finger and in a half alm cast, am I covered over broken bones policy?

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Emma, sorry to hear that you have broken your finger. Could you please confirm your best contact number so that I can arrange for someone in our Claims department to contact you? Alternatively, you can contact us directly on 1300 88 44 88. Thank you

Egypt

Egyptasked

So with freedom for the first 12 months are you covered for any cause of death for funeral insurance cover and how fast is the payouts?

Thomas Lamberton
Thomas Lamberton

Yes you are covered for this by Freedom in the first year accidental or natural causes. Pay outs are said to be the fastest around, so you/your family don't have the extra worry of where the money for everything is coming from, 24-48 hours I do believe. Hope this helps, Tom

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Egypt, With a Freedom Final Expenses policy, cover is limited to accidental death only within the first 12 months, and death by any cause after the first year. However, we do give you the option to answer a few short health questions to waive the accidental death limitation, provided this is requested soon after policy commencement. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 88 44 88.

Suzanne Mehlert

Suzanne Mehlertasked

Hi,
I currently have a freedom protection plan policy, I need to change my address and also would like to find out exactly what my policy covers. If you could please let me know that would be great, because I have moved I am unable to locate my policy, this is the reason I am checking on things?

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Suzanne, thanks for getting in touch! To change your contact details please call our customer care team on 1300 88 44 88, alternatively you can provide us with your contact details and we can arrange for someone to call you. The customer service consultant will also be able to go through all the details of your Freedom Protection Plan policy with you.

Emily

Emilyasked

Hi, i just took out Freedom Proction Plan covering for Accidental Death Cover, Accidental Injury Cover and Final Expenses Cover.
Just wonder does the police cover for Natural Death? Also with those Accidental Death and Accidental Injury Cover, is it true that the "when cover ends" is 90yrs???

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Emily, thanks for your enquiry! Freedom Final Expenses covers you for accidental death only in the 12 first months, and death by an cause (including natural death) after 12 months from the commencement date of your cover. I can also confirm that both Freedom Accidental Death & Accidental Injury expire on the policy anniversary following the life insured's 90th birthday. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call us 1300 88 44 88.

Cosmos75

Cosmos75asked

Hi i have broken my ankle need to make a claim can some one please contact me on 08 90611833 to discuss how to claim?

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi there, thank you for getting in touch. I have passed on your details to our Claims team who will be in touch with you shortly. Thank you

dpartinacoffin

dpartinacoffinasked

Have you done anything to change your sales culture so that people are not being harassed with a 'hard sell' approach? Reading the reviews here it looks like the most consistent complaint against your company.

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi there, we constantly monitor agents to ensure that they don’t harass customers or use ‘hard sell’ techniques. This is not only not encouraged but it is not tolerated and any agents identified as pressure selling are subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. We talk to a very large number of people every day and whilst we take on board that a small number may not have had a good experience and will leave a negative review, we also receive a high number of positive reviews which we believe reflects the generally high standard of our calls.

Lalaine

Lalaineasked

Hi good evning my name is lalaine escote mabon .want to up to date my adress. How?

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi Lalaine, Thank you for getting in touch. If you could please private message me your policy number a member of our customer service team will contact you shortly to update your details. Thank you

awhiora

awhioraasked

in terms of freedom premiums - is there any guarantee that they wont increase?

Freedom I.Freedom Insurance

Hi, thank you for your enquiry. With Freedom Final Expenses Cover you can select either Stepped or Level premiums. Stepped premiums will generally increase each year based on your age whereas Level premiums will not change based on your age as you get older. Both types of cover also include inflation protection to ensure that the value of your benefits are not eroded by inflation. This is a 5% increase to your benefit amount that occurs automatically each year on your policy anniversary, however you can request not to receive the automatic increase at anytime. If you have more questions please call us on 1300 88 44 88 or visit our website at www.freedominsurance.com.au

Uppity1
Uppity1

The funeral insurance increase every year to keep in line with inflation.

Get an answer from our members and Freedom Insurance representatives