Freedom Kitchens Questions & Answers

23 questions from our users

Andy
Andyasked

Hi Freedom Kitchen,

can you please give me a PM regards my job? I'm not having a great experience thus far, and it is so difficult to call the office, no one answers.

Andy

Freedom Kitchens C.Freedom Kitchens

Hi Andy. We are sorry you haven't been able to get through. We have sent you a private message to follow this up. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Himabindu Samardhiasked

Has anyone who has been unhappy with freedom kitchens ( They basically lied , left exposed untiled areas , charged us easily 5k extra.. the list goes on ) gone onto fair trading or taken them to court ?

I sincerely think they sell false dreams , their whole contract process is almost not legal( making people sign contracts before complete drawings / no cool down period )

Would there be anyone interested in joining me if I got legal help ?

Jacob
Jacob

Yes i also needed to bring in a plasterer to fill in the gaps.
Their nominated plumber was hopeless....the insinkerator was not securely attached and actually came off its bracket after 3 months leaving us obviously to clean the mess and get another plumber to reinstall.

Himabindu Samardhi

Did you do anything about it ? I am going to go through Fair trading and then down the legal route .

Hi Himabindu,

Thank you for your feedback. We have been in touch with you to attempt to resolve the issues you have outlined. We have inspected the workmanship completed by your installer and we remain committed to assisting you with reaching a resolution between your installer and yourself. I will have a Case Manager make contact with you to see how we can help complete your kitchen. Kind regards, Freedom Kitchens.

Kerryn P.
Kerryn P.asked

Has anyone in south-east Melbourne had a Freedom kitchen done? Who was your installer and are you happy with the job? Also, would you mind sharing how much it cost?

stuart anne
stuart anne

we are in qld i dont think our installer will come that far but the people here are realy good we had no trouble with any off the tradies or the people in the office hopes this helps

Taylah K.
Taylah K.

We are in Carrum Downs, designed and put a deposit down for a kitchen before Covid started. Still haven't had a final site measurement so our cabinets won't have even been ordered yet. If I hadn't put a deposit down I would be going elsewhere. Their communication has been shocking.

Freedom Kitchens C.Freedom Kitchens

Hi Taylah K. We've sent you a private message so we can assist. Regards, Freedom Kitchens

Trakka J.
Trakka J.asked

Has anyone dealt with Warrawong Freedom for their kitchen renovation? TIA

SDavi
SDaviasked

how can I see reviews of a particular installer used by Freedom Kitchens?

Freedom Kitchens C.Freedom Kitchens

Hi SDavi. We have sent you a message to assist you further. Kind regards, Freedom Kitchens.

Maria O.
Maria O.asked

Do you do doors only?

Jackie
Jackie

I was a customer of Freedom I don't work for them

Zed D.
Zed D.asked

We are looking to install a kitchen seeing that we’re building a brand new home and in a toss up with Ikea, freedom and kitchen design company!
Reading the mixed bag of reviews I feel at a loss! Can someone please tell if there’s been any improvements in the service in the last five months? Spending thousands of dollars on what is the heart and joy of the home will be so upsetting if I have to experience any of the dilemmas discussed here

Yvonne P.
Yvonne P.

Hi Zed D. I can only tell you about my experience with Freedom Kitchens. The designer came out & redesigned my old kitchen into a super modern kitchen with butlers pantry & plenty of drawers & a study nook. The quality of fittings is excellent & was fitted with precision & not one hic up. The office staf are wonderful & kept me up to date at all stages. I would not hesitate to recommend Freedom Kitchens , they are a totally organised professional company. My Kitchen was Designed & fitted in Brisbane. Love it. Good luck with yours. Y P

Peter
Peter

Hi Zed
In regards to our kitchen, we love the design, the bench tops and the quality of the cabinets, the installation was very good and as Yvonne said quality of fittings is excellent & was fitted with precision. Our main problem was with the INALTO accessories freedom installed as part of their package, the DWI62CS-Inalto dishwasher is not very easily loaded has flimsy runners and not very practical for tall gasses and pot and pans, the INALTO cook top only lasted 2 months and the AIH90W integrated ranch hood is nosy (it does do the job just nosy), we are happy with the sink (SREG2015LBW-S Regal One & One Half Bowl)
In short we are happy with the kitchen and like it very much, it just if we were to do it again we would install our own accessories
I hope this helps
Regards
Peter C

Ktdp
Ktdp

We finished our kitchen mostly end of September in Melbourne. Still waiting on the kickboard to be installed in front of the stove and still needing dispute resolution on electrician invoicing 60% higher than quoted by freedom installer. I would not recommend. Pay the extra few thousand and go with a kitchen company that does it all themselves.

J Gibson
J Gibsonasked

Anyone used freedom aspley in Brisbane at all and if so which installers do you recommend or avoid?

VMcTaggart
VMcTaggart

J Gibson
Did you go with Freedom Aspley? After reading the reviews I am bit concerned.

mrsishasked

Hi Sandy and Yvonne, we used Portofino too. Biggest mistake ever. Such a poor quality product not fit for use. Kitchen Group are wiping their hands of it and are saying it’s a Supplier issue and under the Supplier warranty. We just want to know what part Freedom accept responsibility for given they are promoting and specifying the product to unsuspecting customers.

Nicole B
Nicole B

I don’t know the answer to this. We only just got our kitchen and haven’t had any maintenance issues.

Lewel
Lewelasked

What do you have to do to get the Freedom Kitchens Victorian state manager to call you back after making complaints for the last 5 weeks?

Hi Lewel,

Sorry to hear of your frustration.
Could I ask that you please send us a private message with your surname, job number so we can arrange a call to assist in resolving any concerns that you may have.

Peter B
Peter B

let us know how you go with a manager visit, We have only been requesting a visit for 3 weeks and trying to get our kitchen finished.

mrsish

When you find out the answer, can you please let me know too?

Charlieasked

Has anyone used the Inalto range of appliances through Freedom Kitchens, - oven, cooktop, dishwasher, range hood. I would be interested in peoples experiences of how they found them as I am considering them in my kitchen.

I ordered the INALTO oven from them it was not delivered .. after me following up to see where it was they advised me that it was out of stock and would take a 7-10 days to deliver ! I ended up sourcing my own oven . So Charlie I did not use this product .. I cannot comment on this product .

Sam
Sam

We did and regret it to many problems to mention

Charlie

Thanks Sam and Christine. Sam which appliances have you have trouble with and what kind of problems?

Kim
Kimasked

Anyone used the Canberra Freedom for their kitchens and any comments? thanks.

Anita T
Anita T

No I haven't just get other quotes before hand, and have a design in your mind. As they will pressure you into it when the designer comes out, so be prepared and have quotes before hand.
I personally would go a small company if there is a next time as then you are dealing with the same people.
Good Luck
Anita

toni
toni

Yes, I used them , all I can say is do not use freedom kitchens , go elsewhere. Agree with above comment by Anita, use a small company. I have just been through an 18 month nightmare with freedom kitchens. I cannot recommend strongly enough to stay right away from this company. I plan to put my review on this website when I get time as its a 63 page (A4) book!!!

na

Tony A
Tony Aasked

Hi Adam, I would appreciate a chat as I am also in the process of having my kitchen installed. I have already been let down with promised delivery dates etc. how can I get in contact with you? Cheers Tony

Freedom Kitchens C.Freedom Kitchens

Hi Tony, thanks for reaching out.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the delay you have experienced regarding delivery and trust we are able to assist in resolving your concerns.

Please call 02 4343 6000 for assistance from one of the team, alternatively to avoid posting any personal information on this forum, please email our Customer Liaison Team CLO@kitchengroup.com.au

Mark2227

Matt3855, From our experience with Freedom Kitchens you have described them perfectly.

Sandra
Sandraasked

How do I get someone from Freedom Kitchens to look into the issues that I am having and have them resolved? I have been repeatedly provided incomplete information that caused significant delays with signing off on the design. I had to make a progress payment to review the designs. In addition Freedom Kitchens took extra money for the deposit. I was informed I only needed to put down 10% deposit. However, after reviewing my transactions and queried about the discrepancy, I was advised that they also took a deposit for the kitchen bench top.
Very concerned about the misleading conduct to make customers put down more money, so that they have no choice to exit the deal.

Hi Sandra,

Please call 02 4343 6000 and a member of our Customer Liaison team would be happy to assist with your concerns regarding payments made so far.

na

Ronnie
Ronnieasked

Has anyone used Freedom Richmond and due to the varying reviews what has been your experience?

Tom
Tom

Hi Ronnie, I haven't used Freedom Richmond, but it's important to remember that the store only provides the initial consultant service for the Freedom Essentials range (the DIY, cheaper version). All the other steps in the design/manufacture/delivery are outsourced - a Freedom office on Central Coast NSW does design and coordination, a company called Hafele does the manufacture in Victoria, and a courier does delivery. This is where Freedom falls down hard - in my experience the initial consultancy was good, but everything thereafter is a shambles. Design errors, delays, poor communication from Freedom, the cabinetry was made incorrectly, the delivery was made in two parts, and the delivery was a disaster. Freedom, for me, was a major headache. If you can do basic DIY (like measuring and planning correctly), just go to IKEA - you can pick everything off the shelf, manage your own delivery, and be the master of your own destiny. Seriously, avoid the Freedom Essentials range - the service was terrible, and I really regret having chosen them.

Ronnie, Tom has git this correct. If I had my time over I would have gone IKEA

Sheridan

Go to IKEA and then hire your own trades. Much easier as Freedom take no responsibility for the installation and make you take it up with the trade even though they actually recommended and arranged the trades. Stay away it is not an easy process in NSW>

MrsBasked

Why has my complaints representative disappeared? We had to finish installation ourselves. Terrible service from Freedom.if I don't get action soon I'm going to Consumer Affairs.

Hi MrsB,

Could you please give me your job number and we will follow this up for you asap.

Kind regards

Hi

Thank you!

FQSP17040, the last I heard they were reviewing our complaint and would call back that week. I've emailed my rep, left messages, emailed the generic line re not being able to access the survey, left a message on Facebook, been into my local shop where they said they would have the state manager call me and I still haven't heard anything.

Regards

Antonia Buckman

Nikki
Nikkiasked

I see a lot of people are saying to steer clear of Freedom Kitchens......can anyone recommend a reliable Kitchen renovator on the Gold Coast????
I have a designe appointment with Freedom in a couple of days and now I'm scared!

Tony J
Tony J

Call Steve at Currumbin cabinets they do a great job

Alison
Alison

Be scared! I'm currently having problems with them and have written to management tonight. I wonder if they will respond? .

sydney9365
sydney9365asked

Has anyone had a problem with their kitchen and been satisfied with the way it was handled? Has anyone had a Freedom Kitchen installed in the Bondi area? I am guessing problem resolution may be somewhat dependent on the skills of the local contractor..
Thanks.

Hi Sydney9365
I'm happy to try and locate some customers in your area that may be able to provide testimonials if that would assist.
Kind regards
Tracy from Freedom Kitchens

As Matt3855 points out there are better options than Freedom

Sheridan

Stay right away from Freedom at all costs.

Ray
Rayasked

Has anyone had a Freedom a Kitchen installed on the Gold Coast? If so, can you advise if you were happy with the installers? Seems to be a lot of reviews are saying that the installers have let the process down.

CVick
CVick

not on the Gold Coast. Don't do it! Freedom just get your money and then they don't care. they don't project manage and all their sub contractors are dodgy in our experience.
They also pressure you for upfront payment. Unfortunately we have now realized exactly why they demand this.

save your self the hassle and go to a different kitchen supplier

GGJJ
GGJJ

I don't know what is going on on the Gold Coast, as we live in Sydney.
The installer was a lovely mas and was very good at his job. Freedom kitchens management are not to be trusted. They ask you to pay the full amount of money upfront and then forget about you. It took a lot longer to complete pur kitchen than the time stipulated in our contract.
You are right, the sub contracted are not to be trusted as they stole one of my husband's bonsais worth $800 !!! ,when they delivered the cupboards at night. Of course we can't prove it as we only noticed it the following morning. We reported it to the police who couldn't do anything. The department of Fair Trading didn't help either.
The whole thing was very stressful , upsetting to say the least.
Yes, find another company. Good luck... GGJJ.

Krugergirl
Krugergirl

HI Ray
Did you end up going with Freedom? We just had our sales visit via Southport store and already have concerns.

Bridge2611asked

Hi Guys,

I would not be game to do a kitchen with Freedom but they use Inalto appliances- I'm really interested in any good/bad feedback anyone might have on the appliances? Really like the look of them but they are very budget and not sure whether they are good quality or not?

Thanks!

Mark Mac
Mark Mac

Yes....definitely steer away from Freedom with the kitchen.....was one of my worst decisions yet to use them. The appliances are very basic, range hood has already been thrown out. Hot plates are just OK....oven is very basic and controls are a little questionable. Not the appliances I would use again given a choice. We have just done another apartment up and used Harvey Norman for the appliance package and got quality products for $1,300.....and the entire kitchen in a much larger apartment has come out better than my smaller one at 3/4 of the price that I paid for my Freedom nightmare.
Good Luck

Bridge2611

Sorry to hear of your troubles! Such a shame and disappointment Freedom is so terrible with their kitchens- their homewares are gorgeous. Luckily we are building the whole house so we are just making our appliance selections. Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate it, as I was only looking at these ovens due to their sleek design, I think I will definitely go with a higher quality appliance and stick to the good well-known brands. Thanks!!

Get an answer from our members and Freedom Kitchens representatives