Fuelmate

Fuelmate

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Fuelmate? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3

Knowles.

My 50cc Tanaka backpack brush cutter sees regular use in the growing seasons and runs really well with little or no maintenance from one year to the next. It runs for so long on one fill of fuel that I get "blue-finger" from the vibration. Out of curiosity I pulled the original (2004) spark plug out this week and it didn't even require cleaning though I did adjust the gap. I cannot prove how it might have been without a tin pellet device shaking about in the fuel tank but I have never had a 2-stroke motor run so consistently well and without touching the plug for 13 years.
I have now put a tin device in my big Husqvarna tree saw but it is hard to make objective comments re any improvements as yet.

Good

Other Car Accessories

This is a quality made unit that really does what it claims to. I got a 12% drop in fuel consumption ( that equals 20.2 c/litre off on premium at $1.69). My motor now has much more toruqe. I use it in a Holden with an older style leaded motor. Fuelmate provides the lead replacement I need - no more lead replacement fuel additives at $14 litre. Yes, I am very happy with it.
This one works. Very easy installation.

Dave
Daveasked

How would I go if I decided to fit a fuelmate system on my new Nissan navara ute , would I have to ask or tell Nissan first , would this item void my warranty and if not do I have to get it fitted by Nissan?

Hazzard
Hazzard

Sorry this answer is so late, but I have only just discovered this question... check us out at www.bmfi.com.au
The Fuelmate catalyst will not interfere with warranty, but all manufacturers seem to have a similar speil and it's because they haven't developed it, they are reluctant to give any body else any consideration. Having been involved now for 18 years with the tin technology and having seen installations on lots of different engines, both petrol and diesel, it is encouraging when we have not had one issue with having a tin fuel catalyst installed. To the contrary, the tin provides anti wear by providing a cushion that prevents metal to metal contact and valve wear is almost eliminated. The reason it won't affect warranty is because it doesn't cause any negative problems. Give it a go, you will be very pleased.