Fujifilm X-T2

Fujifilm X-T2

5.0 from 1 review

Honestly, it's kind of perfect.

There is another review by me of the X-T20 which is a beautiful camera but I found it a little small in my hands so I did a deal with an artist friend. She got the camera and I'll get 2 of her paintings.

I loved the X-T20 and it was an easy decision to go with the X-T2 which has a slightly larger hand grip and is much better suited to my paws.

There is so much I love about this camera and it's hard to know where to start.

First of all, a lot of the functionality is done via physical dials on the camera. These are big and chunky and best of all they are dials! I don't have to navigate my way through confusing menu screens to change some basic settings.

I wanted a small camera. I've used large kit for decades and I wanted a camera I could keep in a small bag in the car. It fits the bill perfectly.

It feels solid, there is nothing plasticky or cheap about the X-T2.

It's an easy camera to use. It feels right in your hands and the buttons are where they should be. You really don't even need the instruction book to be honest. It's that level if intuitive.

The only downsides are Fujifilm have decided to push users to WiFi uploading. That's great but I'm old and want a cable. I can use a cable but it doesn't have one in the box. And it doesn't have a flash. They give you a small flash that attaches to the hotshoe and that's great but it's something else to do...whereas the X-T20 has a small flash that pops up on the camera.

Date PurchasedDec 2017