Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

MPNs: 35905814 and ASTG24KMCA

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Room Type
    • Living/Dining Area (4)

Chell

ChellMelbourne

Advertised to have Wifi connectivity but it doesn't

I purchased the ASTG24KMTC model for use in our BnB. I was tossing up between a few different brands with a wifi feature but ended up picking the Fujitsu as it had the best energy rating. The Wifi is important in a BnB as guests tend to leave units running when they are out so being able to turn them off, or put them in energy mode after extended periods is helpful to save energy. After installing the unit, and spending ages trying to figure out the wifi instructions, I contacted Fujitsu customer service for help only to be told that this feature doesn't work and they have no idea when it will.. So disappointing, I feel a bit duped! I wish I had have gone with another brand now that did have this feature.

Purchased in November 2019.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Chell, Thank you for your private message and as per our reply, your feedback and custom are important to us.

NickMurray Region, NSW

Great unit, cool in summer, however a few issues

Great unit, can run both in summer and winter on 20c in winter and 24c in summer without excessive energy consumption once at temperature and pretty quiet.

I have the house connected up to Solar with an energy meter into the power box, the Fujitsu has a dedicated circuit, if I check out the circuit the unit runs on, it seems to draw around 100-110 watts when not actually on.

Over 24 hours this is significant power consumption (2.7kw) a day or around $0.85, adds up over 3 months. I'm not sure if this is a fault of the unit being in standby and somehow using excessive power, I have read other people in the same boat with these units.

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,849.00.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Nick, Thank you for your review. The measure you have stated is quite high for this unit. We would suggest you have a technician attend to check this for you. Please contact our Assist Department on 1300 364 484 to arrange this.

Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Heating

Recently purchased this system , absolutely brilliant............ heating is very quick and warms up the room to the point that we have to turn the temp and fan down. So far have never had to run the fan at full speed. So once the unit has warmed up the room system runs very quietly as can be left on low temp and fan speed but still continues to keep the room warm. Have not used the air-con as much yet, but hope its just as good as the heating. So far very happy!

Purchased in April 2019 at Airconditioning Warehouse Sales for $1,559.00.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Linda, Thank you for providing your feedback on Product Review. We are glad to hear you happy with your Fujitsu purchase.

GREG

GREGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very efficient and quiet unit.

Very efficient quiet unit, warms up the whole house. Very satisfied. Good looking and smaller compared to others. External unit is also very quiet. Needs additional equipment such as Sensibo to connect to wifi.

Purchased in June 2019.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Greg, Thank you for providing your feedback on Product Review. We are happy to hear you are very satisfied with your Fujitsu Air Conditioner.

siggy

siggyholsworthy

not happy at all with that unit.

I did the wrong thing to replace my 10 year old Kelvinator with the 7.1 Fujitsu, it is working flat out all day but the house is still hot 30 degrees. The installer replaced the gas, it was ok for 2 weeks. I rang the installer again, I was told to ring Fujitsu.The Fujitsu technician who spent several hours fixing and re gassing the outside unit. Still not cooling the house. Not happy at all with Fujitsu products.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Lory

LoryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect. Words cannot describe it

This is the best air conditioner ever. It cools our whole 3 bedroom house. We run it 24/7 during great heat waves. Its been left on 3 days in a row a couple times. But it never misses a beat! I sleep so well with it on.
And lately in Adelaide its been in the mid 40s. The other day it was 48 degrees. And this aircon kept us safe and cool.
When we were shopping for this aircon we looked at its competitors. But im glad we picked the fujitsu. I love that it has the powerful option, which has come in handy during renovations and the great heat. Dont know how we got by without it. Best thing ever!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

PeteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fujitsu 7.1Kw Air Conditioner is great

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Pete, Thank you for your feedback that you have provided on Product Review. We are happy to hear you are happy with your air conditioning purchase.

Afrah A

Afrah ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Cools the entire dining living and kitchen so fast. So many settings to choose from. Not noisy - very efficient. Tad bit chunky but sleek design. Been using during heat waves of 38deg and it’s just amazing. Being 7.1kw it can handle a large area so well, I set it to 25deg and it’s more than enough. I recently had it on for 8 hours straight during heat wave with no probs, does what it’s meant to without a worry. Best investment

Date PurchasedOct 2018
feefo

feefo

three months in, we're very happy with our purchase

This unit has done very well for us for both heating and cooling, and it runs fairly quietly indoors. I am very sensitive to sound, and even with external unit is right outside my bedroom, other than during the initial warm up phase, I haven't had any trouble with the noise level.

It both heats and cools our home well, and hasn't been at all expensive to run.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Peter TMelbourne

Great heating and cooling. But noisey and confusing

Picked up a Fujitsu 7.1 kW astg24kmca on sale. After installing the unit, the first thing I noticed was that the heating and cooling was great. But after the initial awe of my new toy, I found the indoor unit fan is extremely noisy. I can't run it on anything more then "quiet" (which is still noisy), anything else is like a cyclone in my house. I also found the remote control a bit confusing.
Overall the unit does what it's supposed to do. Now I wish I had of got the Mitsubishi or a Panasonic.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I will consider it. Thanks

@fujitsu official
What is the expected maximum noise levels of the indoor unit? On full fan I was measuring nearly 80dBa.

glazfolk

glazfolkHobart, TAS

Next best thing to perfect!

This reverse cycle air conditioner vastly exceeds our expectations.

Installation was on time as arranged and was no drama. As for the product itself ... We have a very large and odd shaped lounge, yet the place noticeably warms up (even on a cold night) within minutes. And the economy setting helps keep the power bills down. This is one purchase I definitely do not regret making.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback on Product Review and are very happy you love your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank You.

Debba17

Debba17Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great product

Went to the Good guys Ballarat and spoke to Chloe as to what sort of system we would need in the kitchen , dining , family area of our new house. After looking at several different brands we found the Fujitsu the one to best suit the area we needed to heat and cool.
Got it for a really good price plus discounted installation.
Thanks to Highland electrical too for doing a great job installing it for us. So far , with only heating being used we have found it to be economical and effective.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

We are delighted with your response to the latest purchase of your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank you for taking the time to provide such a great, detailed review on Product Review.
Your valuable feedback is important to us.

Its average, not impressed, slightly disappointed but can live with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Jace
Jace

How do I contact your service coordinator?

Hi Jace, Please call them on freecall 1300658840. Thanks

annie

annieSouth East Queensland, QLD

This aircon is big enough to cool our lounge, dining room and hall.... excellent!! We were looking for a reasonably priced aircon to cool our home. This one was recommeneded by a friend. We are not disappointed. Great price too. It is not too noisy. We can hear the TV well when it is on as well as a conversation. We have had a couple of power bills and they have been fine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Annie, we appreciate you providing your feedback to product review. Thank you.

sylvia

sylviaIllawarra, NSW

We are happy with our aircon

We are happy with both the cooling and heating of this unit. Love the fact that it looks classy, it is very neat. It is a nice quiet unit in my opinion. The unit is very easy to use and we are very happy with its performance. Has kept us both cool and warm this year.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

HI Sylvia,
We are delighted you are happy with your Fujitsu Air Conditioning unit. Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review

Blwebb

BlwebbBundaberg

Best aircon!

This would have to be the best aircon on the market. Has the ability to completly and effortlessly cool and or heat a large, , , open set house , . Wouldnt hesitate to buy this aircon above any other on the market currently . . Looks very sleak also

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your valuable feedback, Thank you.

Doesn't heat on mornings below zero

Unit freezes on low temperatures, don't buy it if you need it for heating on a cold morning. Checked the help site and this is due to the condenser freezing. It has a defrosting cycle which take a while. Purchased this unit for primarily heating so am obviously very disappointed.
Cools fine.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Grant, Thank you for placing your review on Product Review. Your feedback is important to us. Please can you contact us directly Toll Free 1300 364 484 where we will do our very best to assist you with this issue.

George

GeorgeBrisbane

Kept us cool in summer and now warm in winter

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your Fujitsu Air Conditioner and thank you for providing feedback via Product Review.

Ralfie

RalfieQueensland

Best purchase of the year!

Had this installed last summer and loved it from day one, but wanted to wait until I’d tested it in all seasons before reviewing... still loving it!!
Prior to installing, we’d been running 2 portable 4kw ac units (electric bills were through the roof and not very effective in open plan area)
The split system keeps medium open plan living areas at a lovely temperature when cooling or heating, and summer electric bills are about 20% cheaper now!
Super quiet and easy to use, would absolutely recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Marilyn

MarilynElimbah

Excellent Airconditioner

Very happy with Fujitsu brand, very quiet and easy to use. The aircon is so efficient and i have used Fujitsu aircon in 18 years. I had no problems whatsoever! I have a five bedroom house and all bedrooms has Fujitsu aircon. I will recommend this unit to all my family and friends. Highly satisfied.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Belle

Belleasked

Is there a way to stop the air condintoner from letting in smoke as the bushf ire smoke is thick and the air conditoner seems to bring in smoke when in use .

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Belle, Thank you for your question, please be advised the Fujitsu Air Conditioning unit doesn't use outside air, it will only re-circulate the air which is inside the house. If you would like to discuss this further please call our Technical Support team Tel: 1300 364 484 and we will do our best to assist you.

Kevin

Kevinasked

I can turn power on for my unit, but when the signals light the Economy button is flashing green and I can do nothing more with the unit. The fan will not operate and no air is emitted. How can I fix this?

Pete

Hi, I only placed a review on the aircon, I'm not a serviceman.
Would suggest you contact the original installer of the system or call the Fujitsu trouble desk.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Pete, Thank you for placing your comment on Product Review. In regards to your query this usually means there is an error on the system indicated when the economy light is flashing and the operation and timer lights have a distinct flash sequence. If isolating the power to the system for 10 minutes doesn't resolve the situation, a technician will be required to attend. Please kindly contact our Service team directly and they will do their best to assist you. Toll free Tel: 1300 364 484.

jemma

jemmaasked

Just wondering what the difference is between the Fujitsu 7.1kw ASTG24KMCB and the Fujitsu 7.1kw ASTG24KMCA as there is a price difference. Many thanks. Jemma

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Jemma, thanks for contacting us at Fujitsu General. The difference is that the KMCB is WiFi enabled whereas the KMCA is not. Hope this helps.

Anil Nanji
Anil Nanji

Can the KCMA be fitted with a WIFI Module?

Nick

Anil, I've had this on my non wifi unit since I brought it, works perfectly.

Get an answer from our members and Fujitsu representatives

Download manual