Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

MPNs: 35905814 and ASTG24KMCA

4.1

• Room Type
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
Chris G.

Chris G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Good unit When it’s working. But there is a problem.

Great unit when it’s working. I purchased and had it installed maybe 4 months ago. In the last 2 weeks, it suddenly stops heating, goes into blowing low amounts of cool air. If i turn it off, it whirs for about 10 minutes, then finally shuts down. When i turn it back on, it takes another 10 minutes to start heating the room again. This only began to occur in the last two weeks. Please advise? Does it need repair? How to make a warranty claim?
Thankyou.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$1,400.00.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Chris, Thank you for placing your question on Product Review, please call our Service Team who will be able to assist you as soon as possible Tel: 1300 364 484

NSW2888AU

bad services

I purchased a Fujitsu Air Conditioner in May 2019, however, 3 months ago, the remote control did not work, I contacted Fujitsu via their web site,
emails and calls.
They repeated asking much information, I email them a few times my invoice, photo of the damaged remote control that was Fujitsu battery problem.
I spent much time for replacing the damaged remote control. I am very disappointed with their poor services.
Finally, I got their manager, I am lucky the problems solved.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Valued Customer, we're sorry to hear of your experience regarding your remote control, we do value your custom and your feedback is important to us. We're glad to hear your problem has been resolved.

NSW2888

Does Fujitsu have bad internal communication? Months ago, I only requested replacing one damaged remote control, however, I received 2 remote controls from Fujitsu.
How can I return one to Fujitsu?

James Poulos

James PoulosIllawarra, NSW

Loud noise from fan upon installation.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW) compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Chell

ChellMelbourne

Advertised to have Wifi connectivity but it doesn't

I purchased the ASTG24KMTC model for use in our BnB. I was tossing up between a few different brands with a wifi feature but ended up picking the Fujitsu as it had the best energy rating. The Wifi is important in a BnB as guests tend to leave units running when they are out so being able to turn them off, or put them in energy mode after extended periods is helpful to save energy. After installing the unit, and spending ages trying to figure out the wifi instructions, I contacted Fujitsu customer service for help only to be told that this feature doesn't work and they have no idea when it will.. So disappointing, I feel a bit duped! I wish I had have gone with another brand now that did have this feature.

Purchased in November 2019.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Chell, Thank you for your private message and as per our reply, your feedback and custom are important to us.

Nick

NickMurray Region, NSW

Great unit, cool in summer, however a few issues

Great unit, can run both in summer and winter on 20c in winter and 24c in summer without excessive energy consumption once at temperature and pretty quiet.

I have the house connected up to Solar with an energy meter into the power box, the Fujitsu has a dedicated circuit, if I check out the circuit the unit runs on, it seems to draw around 100-110 watts when not actually on.

Over 24 hours this is significant power consumption (2.7kw) a day or around $0.85, adds up over 3 months. I'm not sure if this is a fault of the unit being in standby and somehow using excessive power, I have read other people in the same boat with these units.

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$1,849.00.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Nick, Thank you for your review. The measure you have stated is quite high for this unit. We would suggest you have a technician attend to check this for you. Please contact our Assist Department on 1300 364 484 to arrange this.

Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Heating

Recently purchased this system , absolutely brilliant............ heating is very quick and warms up the room to the point that we have to turn the temp and fan down. So far have never had to run the fan at full speed. So once the unit has warmed up the room system runs very quietly as can be left on low temp and fan speed but still continues to keep the room warm. Have not used the air-con as much yet, but hope its just as good as the heating. So far very happy!

Purchased in April 2019 at Airconditioning Warehouse Sales for A$1,559.00.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Linda, Thank you for providing your feedback on Product Review. We are glad to hear you happy with your Fujitsu purchase.

GREG

GREGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very efficient and quiet unit.

Very efficient quiet unit, warms up the whole house. Very satisfied. Good looking and smaller compared to others. External unit is also very quiet. Needs additional equipment such as Sensibo to connect to wifi.

Purchased in June 2019.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Greg, Thank you for providing your feedback on Product Review. We are happy to hear you are very satisfied with your Fujitsu Air Conditioner.

siggy

siggyholsworthy

not happy at all with that unit.

I did the wrong thing to replace my 10 year old Kelvinator with the 7.1 Fujitsu, it is working flat out all day but the house is still hot 30 degrees. The installer replaced the gas, it was ok for 2 weeks. I rang the installer again, I was told to ring Fujitsu.The Fujitsu technician who spent several hours fixing and re gassing the outside unit. Still not cooling the house. Not happy at all with Fujitsu products.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Lory

LoryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect. Words cannot describe it

This is the best air conditioner ever. It cools our whole 3 bedroom house. We run it 24/7 during great heat waves. Its been left on 3 days in a row a couple times. But it never misses a beat! I sleep so well with it on.
And lately in Adelaide its been in the mid 40s. The other day it was 48 degrees. And this aircon kept us safe and cool.
When we were shopping for this aircon we looked at its competitors. But im glad we picked the fujitsu. I love that it has the powerful option, which has come in handy during renovations and the great heat. Dont know how we got by without it. Best thing ever!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Pete

PeteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fujitsu 7.1Kw Air Conditioner is great

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Pete, Thank you for your feedback that you have provided on Product Review. We are happy to hear you are happy with your air conditioning purchase.

Afrah A

Afrah ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Cools the entire dining living and kitchen so fast. So many settings to choose from. Not noisy - very efficient. Tad bit chunky but sleek design. Been using during heat waves of 38deg and it’s just amazing. Being 7.1kw it can handle a large area so well, I set it to 25deg and it’s more than enough. I recently had it on for 8 hours straight during heat wave with no probs, does what it’s meant to without a worry. Best investment

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Frances Craig

Frances CraigNorthern Region, NSW

three months in, we're very happy with our purchase

This unit has done very well for us for both heating and cooling, and it runs fairly quietly indoors. I am very sensitive to sound, and even with external unit is right outside my bedroom, other than during the initial warm up phase, I haven't had any trouble with the noise level.

It both heats and cools our home well, and hasn't been at all expensive to run.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Peter TMelbourne

Great heating and cooling. But noisey and confusing

Picked up a Fujitsu 7.1 kW astg24kmca on sale. After installing the unit, the first thing I noticed was that the heating and cooling was great. But after the initial awe of my new toy, I found the indoor unit fan is extremely noisy. I can't run it on anything more then "quiet" (which is still noisy), anything else is like a cyclone in my house. I also found the remote control a bit confusing.
Overall the unit does what it's supposed to do. Now I wish I had of got the Mitsubishi or a Panasonic.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I will consider it. Thanks

@fujitsu official
What is the expected maximum noise levels of the indoor unit? On full fan I was measuring nearly 80dBa.

glazfolk

glazfolkHobart, TAS

Next best thing to perfect!

This reverse cycle air conditioner vastly exceeds our expectations.

Installation was on time as arranged and was no drama. As for the product itself ... We have a very large and odd shaped lounge, yet the place noticeably warms up (even on a cold night) within minutes. And the economy setting helps keep the power bills down. This is one purchase I definitely do not regret making.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback on Product Review and are very happy you love your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank You.

Debba17

Debba17Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great product

Went to the Good guys Ballarat and spoke to Chloe as to what sort of system we would need in the kitchen , dining , family area of our new house. After looking at several different brands we found the Fujitsu the one to best suit the area we needed to heat and cool.
Got it for a really good price plus discounted installation.
Thanks to Highland electrical too for doing a great job installing it for us. So far , with only heating being used we have found it to be economical and effective.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

We are delighted with your response to the latest purchase of your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank you for taking the time to provide such a great, detailed review on Product Review.
Your valuable feedback is important to us.

Split System Air Conditioners

Its average, not impressed, slightly disappointed but can live with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Jace
Jace

How do I contact your service coordinator?

Hi Jace, Please call them on freecall 1300658840. Thanks

annie

annieSouth East Queensland, QLD

This aircon is big enough to cool our lounge, dining room and hall.... excellent!! We were looking for a reasonably priced aircon to cool our home. This one was recommeneded by a friend. We are not disappointed. Great price too. It is not too noisy. We can hear the TV well when it is on as well as a conversation. We have had a couple of power bills and they have been fine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Annie, we appreciate you providing your feedback to product review. Thank you.

sylvia

sylviaIllawarra, NSW

We are happy with our aircon

We are happy with both the cooling and heating of this unit. Love the fact that it looks classy, it is very neat. It is a nice quiet unit in my opinion. The unit is very easy to use and we are very happy with its performance. Has kept us both cool and warm this year.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

HI Sylvia,
We are delighted you are happy with your Fujitsu Air Conditioning unit. Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review

Blwebb

BlwebbBundaberg

Best aircon!

This would have to be the best aircon on the market. Has the ability to completly and effortlessly cool and or heat a large, , , open set house , . Wouldnt hesitate to buy this aircon above any other on the market currently . . Looks very sleak also

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your valuable feedback, Thank you.

Doesn't heat on mornings below zero

Unit freezes on low temperatures, don't buy it if you need it for heating on a cold morning. Checked the help site and this is due to the condenser freezing. It has a defrosting cycle which take a while. Purchased this unit for primarily heating so am obviously very disappointed.
Cools fine.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Grant, Thank you for placing your review on Product Review. Your feedback is important to us. Please can you contact us directly Toll Free 1300 364 484 where we will do our very best to assist you with this issue.

Disgruntledasked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

The unit was installed about 6 weeks ago and when outside temperature was 4 degrees this morning unit cut out and after 3/4 hour came back on this is the third time it has happened & window near to inside & outside had extreme inside condensation. Then I am freezing inside the house & have use a small heater to keep warm, why is it not working I do live in a metropolitan area of melbourne.

Trev W.
Trev W.

The first is to determine what size is the house or room you are heating and what temperature are you setting the unit at.

Disgruntled

I have an open living area but not very large, small galley kitchen, dining & living area but keep doors closed to bedrooms bathroom etc. The unit that needed replacing never did this(it was a different brand). I am setting the unit at 24 degrees' & sometimes a bit higher.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Valued customer please call our VIC Service Team who will do their best to assist you especially in this very cold weather Tel: 1300 364 484.

Kovu's M.

Kovu's M.asked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

My unit does not heat as effectively as it did. It is less than 12 months since installed. When first installed, setting it to 26 degrees would quickly warm the room, and then I would put it down to 20-22. Now putting it on 30 degrees is not as effective as 22 used to be. Does it just need a service, or is there some other problem with the unit?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Kovu's we would recommend for you to change the filters, and if this doesn't help we would advise for a technician attend to confirm the system refrigerant charge and correct thermistor values. Please call the Fujitsu Service team who will be able to assist you further. Tel: 1300 364 484

Jason

Jasonasked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

Hello I'm looking at buying this unit , but want it to heat or cool a areas 6m x 7m open living area . Do u think it will do the job

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Jason Thanks for your question, we would always recommend an installer to inspect your premises for the best outcome. Please visit our website for a guide too https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/residential-range/economatch

Witty64
Witty64

Hello Jason. The 7.1 kW sure is a powerful one ! I also reckon you get an expert to give an opinion. If you get the wrong one your electricity bill could be astronomical!!

Get an answer from our members and Fujitsu representatives