Fujitsu Lifestyle

Reverse Cycle, Cooling Only

62 questions from our users

T S.asked

Lifestyle

Hi, I recently bought Fujitsu 7.1Kw astg24kmtc it has WiFi connectivity option but when I tried connecting it through FG Lair app it didn't paired. I read the operating manual and it mentioned about this wireless Lan adapter which didn't come with the package. I checked the indoor unit and the slot for adapter was empty.
Can you please tell me how am I suppose to connect it through WiFi when it's missing the adapter. What's the point of giving that option. Thanks

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

HI TS, In regards to your question we are expecting an update soon for the adapter. We can offer the anyWair wifi device if you are interested, please visit the website for all information https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/anywair

T S.

Hi, can you please elaborate what does 'expecting an update soon' means?
Is it like Fujitsu hasn't made the adapter yet or we in Australia hasn't received it yet?
Thanks for your earlier reply.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi TS we are still waiting to hear when the adapter will be available in Australia. Any updates regarding this will be announced on our website. www.fujitsugeneral.com.au

Carlee J.asked

Lifestyle

Hi, I just had my ASTG24KMTC (7.1-8) fitted today, (as my other Fijitsu AST24LBAJ just died)when guy who installed left I was on phone, I turned heating off via the remote and when I came back turned it on it took about 2-3 minutes to feel air coming out and seemed to also take quiet a while to heat up, even with fan on high and temp up at 30deg, my oldie used to turn on straight away and heat up perfectly straight away, this should be upgraded version I’m disappointed if this is normal, anyone else find this?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Carlee, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. In regards to your questions, it is normal for 2-3 minutes to feel air coming out. We suggest you to use a slower speed, medium to low and set to a lower temperature. In winter it can be tempting to pump up the temp on your air con to warm the home quicker. ❌ This creates unnecessary pressure on the system and doesn't heat the room any faster. We recommend setting your air conditioner to 23 degrees or lower to keep your home comfortable during winter. If you would like to chat to our technical team Tel: 1300 364 484.

Carlee J.

There is no air coming out for the first 2-3 minutes at least, after being switched on
That’s problem!
There’s nothing happening in that time at all

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Carlee. In cooling the air flow will start straight away however if the fan started straight away in heating before the indoor coil was warm, you would feel cold air being blown at you. The 3 minutes period is when the indoor unit heats up where the outdoor operates and sends hot refrigerant to the indoor. Most air conditioners do this.

Layna d.

Layna d.asked

Lifestyle Reverse Cycle

Just waiting on my $150 cash back .
Any idea how long? I bought it four weeks ago... Thank you......
Have only used it four times. Every time has been great except tonight. It stopped working and then was putting out a bit of cool air and I got quite cold. It's very cold out side with frost everywhere. I don't want it turning off for a long time like it did. It's working ok again now... it's a nice unit over all.
Also a suggestion for your tech team and designers, for future models. A manual over ride switch would be so used....and so useful .... There are many reasons one may want the manual over ride to work.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Layna, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments and rating on Product Review. Please can you kindly DM us your claim id so we can check the status of your claim immediately. As per the terms and conditions of the promotion it can take up to 4 weeks from when you receive your approval email. We appreciate your feedback regarding the manual override which will be forwarded.

Confused

Confusedasked

Lifestyle Reverse Cycle

Hi. I just bought Fujitsu model ASTG24KMTC. I set on heat 21 with Auto Fan but it feels the fan is keeping blow. Is it normal? What the difference in setup in low or auto fan? How do I set to energy efficient? Thanks.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Thank you for contacting us. It does sound normal. On auto mode, the air conditioner will choose the best operating option for you. It will keep blowing air until it reaches this temperature in the room you are trying to heat. (until you can close the room off) If you choose low, that is your choice and the fan will only operate a low fan. Your air conditioner has a sensor, which senses if you are in the room and turns off if you are not, then back on when you come back in. You also have an economy button on your remote which uses low power. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our technical support team on 1300 364 484.

Disgruntledasked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

The unit was installed about 6 weeks ago and when outside temperature was 4 degrees this morning unit cut out and after 3/4 hour came back on this is the third time it has happened & window near to inside & outside had extreme inside condensation. Then I am freezing inside the house & have use a small heater to keep warm, why is it not working I do live in a metropolitan area of melbourne.

Trev W.

The first is to determine what size is the house or room you are heating and what temperature are you setting the unit at.

Disgruntled

I have an open living area but not very large, small galley kitchen, dining & living area but keep doors closed to bedrooms bathroom etc. The unit that needed replacing never did this(it was a different brand). I am setting the unit at 24 degrees' & sometimes a bit higher.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Valued customer please call our VIC Service Team who will do their best to assist you especially in this very cold weather Tel: 1300 364 484.

Dianeasked

Lifestyle Reverse Cycle

Why is my air con blowing cold air when it is on heat. It heats ok then when it stops the fan keeps blowing cold air.

Trev W.

If you go outside into cold and come back into room the air will feel warm. When you sit still in the room the air seems cool but if you put a thermometer on the wall you will see it reads the temperature that you have set the aircon at. If you set the aircon on a lower fan setting like low or Quiet which is lowest setting and mode on heat not auto and temperature up one or two degrees the aircon will try to heat the room with lower air flow so the temperature coming out of aircon will remain higher And feel warmer but on very cold nights it may battle to heat room so you may have to up the fan one more setting. I heat room up on high or medium fan speed and mode on heat then when the room is up to temperature ( get thermometer on wall to see temperature) them turn fan speed down and temperature up one or two degrees. The the aircon air will stay warm. Start off with about 21 or 22*C and when fan is on low speed set to 23 or 24*C

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Diane, TrevW is correct in his answer and hope this helps. We also have a Technical support team who will happily chat to you if you have any further questions. Please don't hesitate to contact us Tel: 1300 364 484.

Diane

Well I have contacted the installers and the thermostat was set wrong .so I was right that it wasn't working properly. Its fine now.

andreasked

Lifestyle

can anyone please tell me which is a good budget reverse cycle air conditioner to buy, Thank you. Stay safe
Have a great week

Trev W.

Hi Andre The Gree lomo is a good priced unit but make sure you calculate the kilowatt capacity correctly if you under size capacity required you will be disappointed with results . Google capacity calculations make sure you get volume of room correct as well. Most people under size the capacity to save money but end up with short life unit. Fujitsu are good as well but stay away from complicated models like Nocria more things to break down. Panasonic is also very good. Hitachi also make a very reliable unit but Daikin is probably best unit of all

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Andre Thanks for your question please visit our website to find the nearest stockist to you and they 'll be able to provide the best deals for you and we also have the Fujitsu Free Money Promotion running at the moment too https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/find-a-stockist. Alternatively please call to speak to our Sales Team Tel: 1300 364 484

Thankyou, Takecare and stay well

Mistyasked

Lifestyle Reverse Cycle

My Fujitsu reverse cycle has just been put in the last 6 months it doesn't heat up as good as it used to normally I'm at 30 degrees but now I'm freezing at 30 degrees. Why is this??

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Misty, Have you cleaned your filters. This is the most common cause of reduced airflow in air conditioners. They need to be cleaned at least every 3 months even in minor use. If you put your temperature on 24 degrees, do you get heat? If you would like, please contact us on 1300 882 201 to arrange a technician to take a look at the air conditioner for you.

Misty

How do I clean my filters what's the process please?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Misty, You open the front panel, it has a top hinge. Then pull the filters down towards the ground and they will come out. You can just clean then with a dust pan or brush or a light vacuum.

Kovu's M.

Kovu's M.asked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

My unit does not heat as effectively as it did. It is less than 12 months since installed. When first installed, setting it to 26 degrees would quickly warm the room, and then I would put it down to 20-22. Now putting it on 30 degrees is not as effective as 22 used to be. Does it just need a service, or is there some other problem with the unit?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Kovu's we would recommend for you to change the filters, and if this doesn't help we would advise for a technician attend to confirm the system refrigerant charge and correct thermistor values. Please call the Fujitsu Service team who will be able to assist you further. Tel: 1300 364 484

Jason

Jasonasked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

Hello I'm looking at buying this unit , but want it to heat or cool a areas 6m x 7m open living area . Do u think it will do the job

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Jason Thanks for your question, we would always recommend an installer to inspect your premises for the best outcome. Please visit our website for a guide too https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/residential-range/economatch

Witty64
Witty64

Hello Jason. The 7.1 kW sure is a powerful one ! I also reckon you get an expert to give an opinion. If you get the wrong one your electricity bill could be astronomical!!

Liz R.

Liz R.asked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

Should I turn off power outside over winter. Have wood fire so not needed then.

Guruwa15
Guruwa15

I leave mine turned on all year, there is no need to turn the isolation sw off unless for maintenance.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Liz, Yes you can turn it off if you are not going to use it but please keep in mind that you will need to give it time, at least a few hours before you use it when you turn it back on.

Michael

Michaelasked

Lifestyle

Hi. I need to clean the blower coil in my air conditioner my model is astg12kmca Do you have a vid' or step by step instructions

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Michael, Thank you for your question on Product Review, we would highly suggest for you to book a service call so a technician can attend to clean your coil for you for safety reasons and also for the warranty not to be affected. Please contact our Fujitsu Assist Team and they will advise you the nearest Fujitsu Service Agent in your area Tel: 1300 364 484 we look forward to assisting you.

Carmel Khan

Carmel Khanasked

Lifestyle ASTG09KMCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

Where is the operating instructions for this machine on line please?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Carmel, please kindly provide your email address by PM and we will happily send you the requested Fujitsu Operating manual, or alternatively please call us directly Tel: 1300 364 484 and we will do our best to assist you.

Ben

Benasked

Lifestyle ASTG09KMCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

I bought two this Fujitsu air conditioner a couple years ago. they are used in summer for a couple of months each year. but one of the unit suddenly show error code 94 (over current). another one is okay. I have another panasonic bran=d air con for 13 years but no problem. it is very disappointed to have this problem in the middle of summer. what exactly is the problem. I check the outdoor unit, there is no clog or other interference. Can Fujitus provide some idea what is the problem? Thanks. Ben

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Ben, Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review. Your custom is important to us. In regards to your question please be advised the error 94 is a trip detection error. As you have already checked for ay clog or interference we would suggest a reset of your unit turning off at the power supply for 5-10mins to see if this will clear for you. If not, then please call to speak to our QLD Service Team who will do their best to advise the soonest time a technician can attend. Tel: 1300 364 484.

Shaun J.

Shaun J.asked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

Hi my internal unit turns off after about 2 hours usage and has error A3, 10 operation indicator (green light) and 3 timer indicator (orange light) flashes , I can turn it off at the main power supply outside for 5-10 minutes and it works for a short period again , is this a common issue with these units .

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Shaun, thank you for kindly providing the description of your Fujitsu airconditioning unit. It seems you could have an issue with your compressor or thermistor, we would advise you to call Tel 1300 364 484 to request a Service Technician to attend your unit.

mick

mickasked

Lifestyle ASTG30KMTA (8.5kW / 9.0kW)

i just bought one of a guy whos putting in a ducted system was wondering how old it is

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Mick Thank you for placing your question on Product Review. Please kindly provide the serial number which can be located on the right-hand side of the unit, it will begin with a letter followed by six numbers, so we can assist in answering your question as soon as possible for you.

jan

janasked

Lifestyle

hello i have a ASTG09KMCA unit and would like to know if I can turn off outside air from being drawn into the house as I am extremely sensitive to the smoke we have around us

Laurs
Laurs

Sorry I do not know..Best to call manufacturer

Hi Jan, Thanks for your question on Product Review,
Please be advised the air isn't used from outside, the air used by the recirculated air from inside your house. Please ensure you clean your filters regularly and if you would like further information regarding the quality of your air please visit our website https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/company/hints-tips/how-to-keep-your-indoor-air-quality-at-its-best.

Sopha

Sophaasked

Lifestyle ASTG30KMTA (8.5kW / 9.0kW)

In regards to the 5 year warranty, is there any difference between buying a Fujitsu air conditioner from a shop and buying it from a online retailer (& getting an electrician to install it) in terms of how the warranty operates?

Also, do you go to the place of purchase or straight to Fujitsu if something goes wrong with the air conditioner?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Sopha, Thanks for your questions on Product Review. Please be advised with any Fujitsu Air conditioning unit it will come with a 5 year Warranty and if you need to call for an issue under warranty our Service Team will do their best to assist you Tel: 1300 364 484

Bad experience
Bad experience

Don't trust 1300......Music box

Phebeasked

Lifestyle ASTG12KMCA (3.5kW / 3.7kW)

Why does mine stop after 20 mins and flash??? All filters are clear???

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Phebe, there are many reasons why your Fujitsu Air Conditioner isn't working. Please, could you tell us the sequence of flashes or error codes displayed so we can give you further information. Alternatively please call our Technical Support team on Tel: 1300 364 484 and they will do their best to assist you.

Phebe

The little yellow line flashes 10 times with the rectangle symbol energy saving symbol I think on. Then the red timer symbol comes up after ten flashes for one flash.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Phebe, Can you please provide the model of your air condtioner so we can check this fault code for you?

Belle

Belleasked

Lifestyle ASTG24KMCA (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

Is there a way to stop the air condintoner from letting in smoke as the bushf ire smoke is thick and the air conditoner seems to bring in smoke when in use .

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Belle, Thank you for your question, please be advised the Fujitsu Air Conditioning unit doesn't use outside air, it will only re-circulate the air which is inside the house. If you would like to discuss this further please call our Technical Support team Tel: 1300 364 484 and we will do our best to assist you.

Get an answer from our members and Fujitsu representatives