Naeem

NaeemSydney, NSW

A little noisy but does the job

I bought it from Bing Lee during their 20% off Ebay sale and Fujitsu was also running $150 cashback promo so the total price came to $409.20.

The looks have been great but it's bit noisy when warming up. Overall I am pleased with the product, especially the price I paid for a known brand.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee for $409.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Room Type Small Bedroom

Elvin N.

Elvin N.

My first air cond

This air conditioning is my first air cond that I ever have, I cannot remember how long ago but i recommend to anyone thinking of buy a this brand you cannot get it wrong.

Purchased in February 2012.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Large Bedroom and Small Bedroom
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

HI Elvin, Thank you for taking the time to place your rating and comment on Product Review, your feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with your Fujitsu Air conditioning unit and would recommend people to purchase too.

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks beautiful but a little noisy

We have installed four of these Designer series split systems in the bedrooms of one of our properties. They look stunning - sit close to the wall, and the white on the front panel is a pure white (not an off-white like some cheaper brands). They heat and cool effectively and seem to be quite energy efficient.
The indoor units can be noisy when the fan is on high, which might be a concern in bedrooms for light sleepers. We also have Fujitsu Lifestyle series units in another property and they are far quieter.
I would recommend these units for spaces that need something that looks good like small- to medium-sized living areas or a study, but I wouldn't install them in a bedroom again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Dave, Thank you for your feedback on Product Review. Your units shouldn't be noisy on high fan. If you contact our assist department from the 2nd January, they will be able to arrange a service technician to come and inspect this for you.

Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Heat/cools well. Loud when heating. Front panel lift action failed for me too.

Heating and cooling works great for bedrooms. Internal unit is noisy, Fujitsu have advised the noise is normal, I also have other Fujitsu models which make no noise hmmm. Front panel lift action broke after a year see: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiO2LCIduQ. I've since discovered the broken front panel is a common issue. Remote control is NOT backlit which is not ideal when you have kids.

Unit is cosmetically quite attractive.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Product Review. if you would like us to have another look at your air conditioner please contact Fujitsu Assist on 1300 658 840.

Nik

NikSydney

Works well, A bit Noisy

The Fujitsu Designer air conditioner has been a great addition for the household. It heats up the room and controls the temperature quite well and quite quickly. The machine can get noisy though when warming up and operate at high temperatures. Overall I am pleased with the product, especially if you can get it on sale.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Matt2018

Matt2018Adelaide

Simply Excellent

Heats and cools brilliantly. Super quiet, even on high though I recommend leaving it around 22 degrees on low as this is the most cost efficient way to heat or cool. (Just change the mode). Easy to use controls. Looks good on the wall too. Haven't needed to have it serviced yet!

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Matt, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank you

Dianearnot

Dianearnot

It works but is not great.

My husband, and AC engineer, fitted this unit into our bedroom. It looks nice and neat when not in use but the outdoor unit is quite noisy when it runs. The door lifts up and opens when in use and, although a nice touch, our has broken. The lifting wheel is made of plastic and not sufficient to lift the door time after time.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

I never do reviews

I never do reviewsRockhampton

nice looking, quiet and efficient.

Nothing tricky but I think the aesthetic design and the additional efficiency make it well worth it. We put one of these in each of the bed rooms and I have nothing at all bad to report. I think a fixed wall mounted control might be a nice option instead of the remote that tends to walk (I have small children) but that's not a complaint. I like them.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
michael

michaelAuburn

Perfect product, so quiet, can’t live without it.

we bought this machine last year , it was installed beautifully, and the machine itself work beautifully as well, very quiet, very smooth, and most of all , very energy saving, the machine is easy to use ,once you set up your liking, all you need just one press. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Raj

RajWentworthville

Ecxcellent Fujitsu split system

Very happy overall and found slightly better with cooling compared to heating and unit very quite. Installation seems quite simple and completed in 2-3 hours time by technician and we like this unit as quite easy to use for controlling temperatures and change settings to different modes as required with weather conditions and finding economical with power usage compared to existing other split air conditioning units.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Jlb01

Jlb01Sydney, NSW

Effective Aircon

5kw unit's performance is quiet, need to be outside to hear it work and even then you have to listen hard. Installation was done in a very efficient manner and minimal disruption to home. Installer easily explained settings on remote and now would not be without it. would certainly recommend installer as a great outfit

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Apey

ApeyMelbourne

Great Air-Con

We've had our unit for the last 2 years. We've had no reliability issues at all.

The unit is fairly quiet, both inside and outside where the compressor lives. In terms of functionality it offers fairly standard functionality and is very similar to its competitors.

The key highlight of this air con are its handsome looks. The unit has a front fascia which is seamless when the air-con is OFF, but moves up to expose the grille when the air-con is switched ON. It carries a minimalist look.

In summary, no reliability issues to date, solid and relatively quiet unit that looks the part in any modern setting.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Lou fab

Lou fabIllawarra, NSW

Nice aircon

Looks great with sliding front facia
Easy to use remote cooling and heat both work great has a power option that blasts out the air to cool or heat room very quickly
Cools a 5 x 6 m room quite easy and keeps it at temp no drama would recommend

rick

rick

good unit

We got the 2.5kw and 5kw models one for the bedroom and one for the lounge room, the 5kw is a fair bit quieter than the 2.5kw, they both are reasonably quiet, however we can just hear the 2.5kw compressor running opposite a brick veneer wall, the 5kw is practically not audible through the wall. we got these ones due to the energy rating a price was a bit cheaper than the others. they do not come with plumbing equipment for gas, some other brands might come with them, not a big deal though unless you were going to DIY install perhaps go with a brand that has the tubes supplied, however you may as well just pay someone the 500 bucks or so each that there is to install these units, saves you the hassle...

Jenni

Jenni

Good

Pretty happy with the unit. Heating a 2brm unit and it does a good job even though it's a decent sized area. Very quiet too. Only problem I find is the unit is mounted high on the wall and if you are sitting on the lounge you feel a cool draft even thought it is set to heat. Sometimes it feels warmer then other times even though it is set at same temp

Date PurchasedSep 2016
JChan

JChanSydney

Satisfactory, does it job fine

It's not amazingly quiet, but it does it job fine and good allrounder. I got installed in a master bedroom and it's sufficient for both cooling and heating.
Bought based on past experience and wasn't disappointed. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small size aircon for small area such as bedroom, study room etc

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Disappointing

The unit looks good but at times it is very noisy and has a lot of vibration. It has the usual fan blowing sound which is okay but when it often revs up like a car engine and then there is the vibration that goes through your body it is not good, I need to switch it off. I had the guys back that installed it and they said you have to expect to hear the compressor fan and the internal fan and said it was okay. Apart from those noises there is also the water flowing sounds but as I mentioned before its the engine and vibration noises that I cannot tolerate. Very disappointing for a brand new air conditioner.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

JW

JWSydney, NSW

Compact Inside Unit, stylish, fan noisy at high speed

Date PurchasedNov 2016

One of the best..

I am extremely happy with it and will highly recommend it to any one that is thinking of getting an aircon.
It looks really good, not noisy until you push powerful button..
The remote is a little big but easy to use...
My installer done a great job, very clean and very helpful..
Over all very happy..

bernadette.o.palmer

bernadette.o.palmerSydney, NSW

It's what we needed!

Both heating and cooling performance is great !
It's medium in noise...not to loud but you know when it's on.
I have to pay an air conditioner to installed it then I had to pay more extra to get the compressor away from the area....as I did not want the look of it near our barbecue area !
It's not complicated but if I have problems....I always tell my husband what I want

Date PurchasedApr 2014

mordster

mordsterasked

Designer ASTG18KUCA (5.0kW / 6.0kW)

ASTG18KUCA

Can you please advise what is the highest possible level this unit may be installed on the the wall? ie. What is the necessary clearance from the top of the unit to the ceiling? As I've noticed the unit expands outwards (not so ,much upwards) during operation

thanks

ASTG18KUCA

thanks

robbi

Hi please see below for the required installation dimensions:
The necessary clearance from the top of the unit to the ceiling is 100mm or more, and allow 2.47mm from the wall out. Please don't hesitate to contact our Technical support team to discuss further if necessary. Tel: 1300 364 484 and they will happily chat with you.

jule61

jule61asked

Designer ASTG12KUCA (3.5kW / 4.3kW)

Would this be suitable for a 35 m2 bedsitter unit? It is basically one room with a partition to designate the bedroom area.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Julie there are many different factors in deciding for the best Air Conditioning unit for a room. Please call us directly so our Sales team can discuss this further with you Tel: 1300 364 484 and they will do their best to assist you.

Get an answer from our members and Fujitsu representatives

Fujitsu Designer ASTG18LUCB

1 review
Fujitsu Designer ASTG09LUCB

Fujitsu Designer ASTG09LUCB

No reviews
Fujitsu Designer ASTG18KUCA (5.0kW / 6.0kW)

Fujitsu Designer ASTG18KUCA (5.0kW / 6.0kW)

Fujitsu Designer ASTG12KUCA (3.5kW / 4.3kW)

Fujitsu Designer ASTG12KUCA (3.5kW / 4.3kW)

Fujitsu Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

Fujitsu Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $2,689$1,839$1,639
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Capacity4 kW2.5 kW5 kW3.5 kW2.5 kW
Heating Capacity 4.8 kW33 kW6 kW4.3 kW3.2 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 3 stars5 stars
Heating Energy Rating 3 stars5 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling 0 to 460 to 4610 to 4610 to 46
Operating Temperature for Heating -10 to +46-10 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning) NoYes
Indoor Unit Dimensions 282 x 185 x 870 mm282 x 185 x 870 mm282 x 870 x 185 mm282 x 790 x 870 mm
Indoor Weight9.5 kg9.5 kg9.5 kg9.5 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level41 dB36 dB47 dB42 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 330 x 900 x 830 mm330 x 900 x 830 mm620 x 790 x 290 mm290 x 790 x 540 mm
Outdoor Weight 68 kg68 kg40 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level50 dB50 dB51 dB47 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level64 dB64 dB68 dB64 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateSep 2012Sep 2012Sep 2012
Replaced byFujitsu Designer ASTG18KUCA (5.0kW / 6.0kW)Fujitsu Designer ASTG12KUCA (3.5kW / 4.3kW)Fujitsu Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

Visit official website - Download manual