Fujitsu Designer
Listing monitored by Fujitsu

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Rebecca Bailey
Rebecca BaileyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Three out of the four purchased have faulted

Purchased in March 2017 for $5,000.00.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. Your feedback is important to us. Please contact us so we can discuss this further with you Tel: 1300 364 484 Fujitsu Assist

erdbrink
erdbrink

working fine

got that device July 2019. Working fine for heating and cooling. Takes ~5 minutes to get started,...
Question though: Last year, when we turn on heating, there was quite a bit for water coming out of the outside unit. We had the installer come back to attach a pipe so water is not running down the external wall.
This year, we're heating quite a bit and so far,... no water whatsoever!
Is there supposed to be constantly condense water from the outside unit in heating mode? Again, there's nothing so far, even when heating all day.
Just checking if that's fine as such, or if the pipe might be blocked causing a (long term) damage?

(location: Sydney)

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,392.00.

Snoozing
SnoozingGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Noisy operation

I have had this unit for just over 5 years and have noticed how noisy it is compared with other brand air conditioners that I have had installed in other rooms. Unfortunately, I had this fitted in our bedroom and find it unsuitable for a quiet environment with a 'ticking' sound when the thermostat cuts in and the fan stops.

Purchased in September 2014 for $1,700.00.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Valued Customer, we would suggest for you to contact a technician to review the noise coming from your Fujitsu Air Conditioning unit or call to speak with our technical support team who will happily discuss this with you Tel: 1300 364 484.

Dean
DeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Have installed these in our last two houses and looking to use them again in the next!

We have owned 4 of these designer split systems in our last 2 homes. Both places we had a 5kw and 2.5kw units.
Their performance has been excellent! Even on the hottest summer days we have had running the two units in our home have kept it cool.
We have never had an issue with the units and are constantly being used. We no longer use Gas ducted heating because these units perform so well.
We just bought our next new home and I'm seriously thinking of buying these again.
Only down side is that in the past 6 years this unit hasn't advanced. Many of the other competitors now offer wifi conectivity. It will be out of the Fujitsu Designer range or the Daikin Zena ranges.

Purchased in July 2016 at The Good Guys.

Janey
JaneySydney Surrounds, NSW

Biggest waste of money

Had it for 5 years and had to get it repaired twice in that time. It’s now a month out of warranty and it’s not working again!!!
I just got repair quote from Fujitsu for $834.17 (turns out that the coil is now broken)!!!
I’ve hardly been able to use it in the time I have had it due to issues, so I definitely would NOT recommend this product if you want something long lasting (even if it does look nice).

Purchased in December 2014 at Appliance Central.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Disappointed

Bought this about 6 months after comparing many and went against a few suggestions due to its sleek design.But proved to be very ineffective.Doesnt cool as sold.Using it for a small 1 bedroom apartment yet I have to use a cooler together with the air conditioner to help cool.Wouldnt suggest this sleek AC.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee for $999.00.

Naeem
NaeemSydney, NSW

A little noisy but does the job

I bought it from Bing Lee during their 20% off Ebay sale and Fujitsu was also running $150 cashback promo so the total price came to $409.20.

The looks have been great but it's bit noisy when warming up. Overall I am pleased with the product, especially the price I paid for a known brand.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee for $409.00.

Elvin N.
Elvin N.

My first air cond

This air conditioning is my first air cond that I ever have, I cannot remember how long ago but i recommend to anyone thinking of buy a this brand you cannot get it wrong.

Purchased in February 2012.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

HI Elvin, Thank you for taking the time to place your rating and comment on Product Review, your feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with your Fujitsu Air conditioning unit and would recommend people to purchase too.

Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks beautiful but a little noisy

We have installed four of these Designer series split systems in the bedrooms of one of our properties. They look stunning - sit close to the wall, and the white on the front panel is a pure white (not an off-white like some cheaper brands). They heat and cool effectively and seem to be quite energy efficient.
The indoor units can be noisy when the fan is on high, which might be a concern in bedrooms for light sleepers. We also have Fujitsu Lifestyle series units in another property and they are far quieter.
I would recommend these units for spaces that need something that looks good like small- to medium-sized living areas or a study, but I wouldn't install them in a bedroom again.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Dave, Thank you for your feedback on Product Review. Your units shouldn't be noisy on high fan. If you contact our assist department from the 2nd January, they will be able to arrange a service technician to come and inspect this for you.

Michael
MichaelMelbourne

Heat/cools well. Loud when heating. Front panel lift action failed for me too.

Heating and cooling works great for bedrooms. Internal unit is noisy, Fujitsu have advised the noise is normal, I also have other Fujitsu models which make no noise hmmm. Front panel lift action broke after a year see: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiO2LCIduQ. I've since discovered the broken front panel is a common issue. Remote control is NOT backlit which is not ideal when you have kids.

Unit is cosmetically quite attractive.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Product Review. if you would like us to have another look at your air conditioner please contact Fujitsu Assist on 1300 658 840.

Nik
NikSydney

Works well, A bit Noisy

The Fujitsu Designer air conditioner has been a great addition for the household. It heats up the room and controls the temperature quite well and quite quickly. The machine can get noisy though when warming up and operate at high temperatures. Overall I am pleased with the product, especially if you can get it on sale.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Matt2018
Matt2018Adelaide

Simply Excellent

Heats and cools brilliantly. Super quiet, even on high though I recommend leaving it around 22 degrees on low as this is the most cost efficient way to heat or cool. (Just change the mode). Easy to use controls. Looks good on the wall too. Haven't needed to have it serviced yet!

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Matt, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank you

Dianearnot
Dianearnot

It works but is not great.

My husband, and AC engineer, fitted this unit into our bedroom. It looks nice and neat when not in use but the outdoor unit is quite noisy when it runs. The door lifts up and opens when in use and, although a nice touch, our has broken. The lifting wheel is made of plastic and not sufficient to lift the door time after time.

Date PurchasedSept 2015
I never do reviews
I never do reviewsCentral Queensland, QLD

nice looking, quiet and efficient.

Nothing tricky but I think the aesthetic design and the additional efficiency make it well worth it. We put one of these in each of the bed rooms and I have nothing at all bad to report. I think a fixed wall mounted control might be a nice option instead of the remote that tends to walk (I have small children) but that's not a complaint. I like them.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
michael
michaelAuburn

Perfect product, so quiet, can’t live without it.

we bought this machine last year , it was installed beautifully, and the machine itself work beautifully as well, very quiet, very smooth, and most of all , very energy saving, the machine is easy to use ,once you set up your liking, all you need just one press. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Murugeshasked
Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

We have Fujitsu ASTG09KUCA and it is still under warranty. We rarely use this one. Suddenly when we turn on the cover is not lifting up but works OK and blows air. Looks like the plastic lock wheel that locks and rotates up and down is cracked. Don't know the part number. Can Fujitsu representative contact me and send the part and replacement instructions. Thanks T Murugesh

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Murugesh please call Fujitsu Technical support team on Tel: 1300 364 484 and they will do their best to assist you. Alternatively please DM us your contact number which will be forwarded as per your request.

Murugesh

Thank you very much. I called Fujitsu on the given number and they organised a service person to come and replace the panel. I am really excited to get the excellent service by Fujitsu. Truly amazing and awesome. From now on we will stick to Fujitsu products only. Thanks again for your prompt response. Sincerely T Murugesh

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi T Murugesh, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review your feedback is important to us. We're delighted to hear you have received excellent customer service.

Mel X.
Mel X.asked
Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

Where is this Air Con (ASTG09KUCA) made in?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Mel please be advised Fujitsu Air Conditioning units are Fujitsu systems are designed and engineered in Japan and currently manufactured in China and Thailand. For any further information please visit our website www.fujitsugeneral.com.au or call Tel: 1300 364 484

hxtagf W.
hxtagf W.asked
Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

Mine works but the front door/panel won't lift up automatically, so this has impact on the cooling effects as the front panel blocks the air flow. How can we fix this issue? Please advise.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi hxagf W, You will need to contact our Assist Team on 1300 658 840 so they can arrange a technician to attend to look at the issue for you.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi hxtagf/.W we would suggest a technician to fix your unit. Please call Fujitsu Assist Tel: 1300 364 484 and we will be able to advise the nearest Fujitsu Service Agent for you.

Vanessa
Vanessa

same problem with me on both of my units - front panel doesn't lift. one was fixed. the other one now (out of warranty - convenient) now won't lift. both bought at the same time. obviously a known problem.

Get an answer from our members and Fujitsu representatives

Fujitsu Designer

Compare all 6 Fujitsu Designer
Fujitsu Designer ASTG09LUCB
  • Discontinued

Fujitsu Designer ASTG09LUCB

No reviews yet
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,639.00$1,839.00$2,689.00
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Power2.5 kW3.5 kW5 kW2.5 kW
Heating Power3.2 kW4.3 kW6 kW33 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 5 stars3 stars
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 290 x 790 x 540 mm620 x 790 x 290 mm330 x 900 x 830 mm
Outdoor Weight40 kg68 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level47 dB51 dB50 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level64 dB68 dB64 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateSept 2012Sept 2012Sept 2012
Replaced byFujitsu Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)
Compare all 6 Fujitsu Designer