10Fujitsu Designer

3.9

Le Barq
Le BarqSydney, NSW8 posts
Fujitsu   DM

Hi Le Barq, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments and rating on Product Review about your Fujitsu ASTG09KUCA. We value your custom and your feedback is important to us.

Carl Brewer
Carl BrewerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  ASTG12KUCA

Was good, quiet etc, but after 7 years of low use it's dead

We have one of these since 2015, and it's been generally good - the mechanism that opens and shuts the facia cover is flimsy and noisy, but that's a minor thing. It's died on us though after 7 years, and the error codes are ambiguous. It's either (or both?!) a temp sensor (error 41) or a pump (error 51) and being out of warranty, we'll just replace it I think. It's a neat and quiet unit, and overall we've been happy with it cooling our master bedroom. The facia mechanism is not resilliant, but we'll most likely replace our failed one with a new one, the same - mainly because it'll be easier to re-use all the mounting hardware etc and it's not an expensive cooler. Show details
Fujitsu   DM

Hi Carl, Thanks for taking the time to place your comments and rating on Product Review, we appreciate your feedback which will be forwarded to the Product Department for future improvements.

Carl D.Illawarra, NSW8 posts
John Glenn
John GlennSydney, NSW
Sally Lee3 posts
Sally Lee

And any reviews saying it is quiet have to fake because it is loud even on the lowest fan speed!

Rebecca Bailey
Rebecca BaileyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  Verified ASTG12KUCA
Fujitsu   DM

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. Your feedback is important to us. Please contact us so we can discuss this further with you Tel: 1300 364 484 Fujitsu Assist

erdbrink
erdbrink2 posts

working fine

got that device July 2019. Working fine for heating and cooling. Takes ~5 minutes to get started,...
Question though: Last year, when we turn on heating, there was quite a bit for water coming out of the outside unit. We had the installer come back to attach a pipe so water is not running down the external wall.
This year, we're heating quite a bit and so far,... no water whatsoever!
Is there supposed to be constantly condense water from the outside unit in heating mode? Again, there's nothing so far, even when heating all day.
Just checking if that's fine as such, or if the pipe might be blocked causing a (long term) damage?

(location: Sydney) Show details ·  1

Snoozing
SnoozingGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Noisy operation

I have had this unit for just over 5 years and have noticed how noisy it is compared with other brand air conditioners that I have had installed in other rooms. Unfortunately, I had this fitted in our bedroom and find it unsuitable for a quiet environment with a 'ticking' sound when the thermostat cuts in and the fan stops. Show details
Fujitsu   DM

Hi Valued Customer, we would suggest for you to contact a technician to review the noise coming from your Fujitsu Air Conditioning unit or call to speak with our technical support team who will happily discuss this with you Tel: 1300 364 484.

Dean
DeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC11 posts
  ASTG18KUCA

Have installed these in our last two houses and looking to use them again in the next!

We have owned 4 of these designer split systems in our last 2 homes. Both places we had a 5kw and 2.5kw units.
Their performance has been excellent! Even on the hottest summer days we have had running the two units in our home have kept it cool.
We have never had an issue with the units and are constantly being used. We no longer use Gas ducted heating because these units perform so well.
We just bought our next new home and I'm seriously thinking of buying these again.
Only down side is that in the past 6 years this unit hasn't advanced. Many of the other competitors now offer wifi conectivity. It will be out of the Fujitsu Designer range or the Daikin Zena ranges. Show details ·  1
Janey
JaneySydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Biggest waste of money

Had it for 5 years and had to get it repaired twice in that time. It’s now a month out of warranty and it’s not working again!!!
I just got repair quote from Fujitsu for $834.17 (turns out that the coil is now broken)!!!
I’ve hardly been able to use it in the time I have had it due to issues, so I definitely would NOT recommend this product if you want something long lasting (even if it does look nice). Show details
Avishaal N.
Avishaal N.
  ASTG12KUCA

Disappointed

Bought this about 6 months after comparing many and went against a few suggestions due to its sleek design.But proved to be very ineffective.Doesnt cool as sold.Using it for a small 1 bedroom apartment yet I have to use a cooler together with the air conditioner to help cool.Wouldnt suggest this sleek AC. Show details
Naeem
NaeemSydney, NSW5 posts
  Verified ASTG09KUCA

A little noisy but does the job

I bought it from Bing Lee during their 20% off Ebay sale and Fujitsu was also running $150 cashback promo so the total price came to $409.20.

The looks have been great but it's bit noisy when warming up. Overall I am pleased with the product, especially the price I paid for a known brand. Show details ·  1

Elvin N.
Elvin N.5 posts
  Fair Incentive ASTG12KUCA

My first air cond

This air conditioning is my first air cond that I ever have, I cannot remember how long ago but i recommend to anyone thinking of buy a this brand you cannot get it wrong. Show details ·  1
Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts
  Verified ASTG09KUCA

Looks beautiful but a little noisy

We have installed four of these Designer series split systems in the bedrooms of one of our properties. They look stunning - sit close to the wall, and the white on the front panel is a pure white (not an off-white like some cheaper brands). They heat and cool effectively and seem to be quite energy efficient.

The indoor units can be noisy when the fan is on high, which might be a concern in bedrooms for light sleepers. We also have Fujitsu Lifestyle series units in another property and they are far quieter.

I would recommend these units for spaces that need something that looks good like small- to medium-sized living areas or a study, but I wouldn't install them in a bedroom again.

Show details

Fujitsu   DM

Hi Dave, Thank you for your feedback on Product Review. Your units shouldn't be noisy on high fan. If you contact our assist department from the 2nd January, they will be able to arrange a service technician to come and inspect this for you.

Michael
MichaelMelbourne2 posts
  ASTG09KUCA

Heat/cools well. Loud when heating. Front panel lift action failed for me too

Heating and cooling works great for bedrooms. Internal unit is noisy, Fujitsu have advised the noise is normal, I also have other Fujitsu models which make no noise hmmm. Front panel lift action broke after a year see: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiO2LCIduQ. I've since discovered the broken front panel is a common issue. Remote control is NOT backlit which is not ideal when you have kids.

Unit is cosmetically quite attractive.

Show details

Fujitsu   DM

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Product Review. if you would like us to have another look at your air conditioner please contact Fujitsu Assist on 1300 658 840.

geoff
geoff · Designer ASTG12KUCA (3.5kW / 4.3kW)

i have astg12kuca
BUT what have i got 3.5 or. 4.3 kw

Fujitsu   DM

Hi Geoff, The ASTG12KUCA model capacity is 3.50kW Cooling 4.30kW Heating. Please let us know if you require any further information.

geoff

thanks very much for your help.i understand now

Fujitsu   DM

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions Geoff and we will do our best to assist you

Sheraz Ahmed
Sheraz Ahmed · Designer ASTG18KUCA (5.0kW / 6.0kW)

Don't even go near this unit. The lifting mechanism which raises the front panel is made of brittle plastic which fails within a few years and can break when cleaning the filters. I had this replaced twice by Fujitsu over the 5 years i had it. Fujitsu service blames it on user error but its a known issue with these models. Fujitsu service said they wouldn't cover the breakage next time it happens.

After the warranty ran out i sold the unit and replaced with a standard Fujitsu unit.

Fujitsu air conditioners are reliable. Not sure why you need a panel that raises for no reason. It just creates an unnecesary point of failure.

I would go with the standard Fujitsu range.

Fujitsu   DM

Thank you for taking the time to place your review, we value your custom and your feedback is important to us and will be forwarded.

Dmac
Dmac · Designer ASTG18KUCA (5.0kW / 6.0kW)

Hi, happy with unit. Ive somehow changed my temp on remote control from *C to *F. Can you please tell me how to put it back to *C before my wife notices. Many thanks,,

Fujitsu   DM

HI DMac,Thank you for your question, pleases call Technical Support Team 1300 364 484 and they will talk you through the process. We look forward to talking to you soon

Compare all Fujitsu Designer listings
CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,639$2,689$1,839
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote ControlInverter, On/Off Timer and Remote Control
Cooling Power2.5 kW5 kW3.5 kW4 kW
Heating Power3.2 kW6 kW4.3 kW4.8 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 5 stars4 stars4 stars
Heating Energy Rating 3.5 stars2.5 stars3 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling-10 to +46-10 to +46-10 to +460 to 46
Operating Temperature for Heating-15 to +24-15 to +24-15 to +24-10 to +46
Auto Cleaning (Self Cleaning)NoNoNo
Indoor Unit Dimensions 282 x 870 x 185 mm282 x 870 x 185 mm282 x 870 x 185 mm282 x 185 x 870 mm
Indoor Weight9.5 kg9.5 kg9.5 kg9.5 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level42 dB47 dB43 dB41 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 540 x 720 x 290 mm620 x 790 x 290 mm540 x 790 x 290 mm330 x 900 x 830 mm
Outdoor Weight34 kg40 kg34 kg68 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level47 dB51 dB49 dB50 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level57 dB64 dB63 dB64 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release date
Replaced byFujitsu Designer ASTG12KUCA (3.5kW / 4.3kW)
  • MPN: ASTG09KUCA