Fujitsu Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

Fujitsu Designer ASTG09KUCA (2.5kW / 3.2kW)

MPN: ASTG09KUCA

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Room Type
    • Small Bedroom (1)

Naeem

NaeemSydney, NSW

A little noisy but does the job

I bought it from Bing Lee during their 20% off Ebay sale and Fujitsu was also running $150 cashback promo so the total price came to $409.20.

The looks have been great but it's bit noisy when warming up. Overall I am pleased with the product, especially the price I paid for a known brand.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee for $409.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Room Type Small Bedroom

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks beautiful but a little noisy

We have installed four of these Designer series split systems in the bedrooms of one of our properties. They look stunning - sit close to the wall, and the white on the front panel is a pure white (not an off-white like some cheaper brands). They heat and cool effectively and seem to be quite energy efficient.
The indoor units can be noisy when the fan is on high, which might be a concern in bedrooms for light sleepers. We also have Fujitsu Lifestyle series units in another property and they are far quieter.
I would recommend these units for spaces that need something that looks good like small- to medium-sized living areas or a study, but I wouldn't install them in a bedroom again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Dave, Thank you for your feedback on Product Review. Your units shouldn't be noisy on high fan. If you contact our assist department from the 2nd January, they will be able to arrange a service technician to come and inspect this for you.

Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Heat/cools well. Loud when heating. Front panel lift action failed for me too.

Heating and cooling works great for bedrooms. Internal unit is noisy, Fujitsu have advised the noise is normal, I also have other Fujitsu models which make no noise hmmm. Front panel lift action broke after a year see: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiO2LCIduQ. I've since discovered the broken front panel is a common issue. Remote control is NOT backlit which is not ideal when you have kids.

Unit is cosmetically quite attractive.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Product Review. if you would like us to have another look at your air conditioner please contact Fujitsu Assist on 1300 658 840.

Nik

NikSydney

Works well, A bit Noisy

The Fujitsu Designer air conditioner has been a great addition for the household. It heats up the room and controls the temperature quite well and quite quickly. The machine can get noisy though when warming up and operate at high temperatures. Overall I am pleased with the product, especially if you can get it on sale.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Dianearnot

Dianearnot

It works but is not great.

My husband, and AC engineer, fitted this unit into our bedroom. It looks nice and neat when not in use but the outdoor unit is quite noisy when it runs. The door lifts up and opens when in use and, although a nice touch, our has broken. The lifting wheel is made of plastic and not sufficient to lift the door time after time.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

I never do reviews

I never do reviewsCentral Queensland, QLD

nice looking, quiet and efficient.

Nothing tricky but I think the aesthetic design and the additional efficiency make it well worth it. We put one of these in each of the bed rooms and I have nothing at all bad to report. I think a fixed wall mounted control might be a nice option instead of the remote that tends to walk (I have small children) but that's not a complaint. I like them.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

JChan

JChanSydney

Satisfactory, does it job fine

It's not amazingly quiet, but it does it job fine and good allrounder. I got installed in a master bedroom and it's sufficient for both cooling and heating.
Bought based on past experience and wasn't disappointed. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a small size aircon for small area such as bedroom, study room etc

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Disappointing

The unit looks good but at times it is very noisy and has a lot of vibration. It has the usual fan blowing sound which is okay but when it often revs up like a car engine and then there is the vibration that goes through your body it is not good, I need to switch it off. I had the guys back that installed it and they said you have to expect to hear the compressor fan and the internal fan and said it was okay. Apart from those noises there is also the water flowing sounds but as I mentioned before its the engine and vibration noises that I cannot tolerate. Very disappointing for a brand new air conditioner.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Ranko46Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great units

Not sure what noise people are talking about, would like a bit better description.
We have 2 units and just about to purchase another one. Have been great, million dollar look, cool and heat in no time, sensors are working great, really quite to my likening. We have much much more expensive unit (different brand) and it is way noisier.

Ranko46

Had gone through summer and winter and strong through second summer, awesome units, purchased another one. next to nothing electricity bills...

Greg W

Greg WPerth

Rubbish

Worst system ever, don't buy it, noisy, doesn't cool, poor backup, does not have quite mode, has nothing but problems since installing it.

Fujitsu to their credit did fix the problems and now works fine. It took a few service visits and further issues with parts and serviceman not knowing what they were doing but Fujitsu stuck with me until it was fixed after virtually replacing virtually every part in the internal unit.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

jim

jimasked

Can I have the outside unit placed on the roof would this be efficient if done?

Patricia Ward

Hi Jim, I don't know whether you can have it installed on the roof, but on reading the installion manual and as I said later to the company that installed mine, the outside unit should of been installed 3 mtrs away from the inside unit and then I would not have the motor and fan noise I experience as they installed my unit back to back. I had the company call back to listen to the noise and install a drian pipe to take the water away so that was fixed the water problem, but I still have the noise problem. Getting back to your roof installion I do not know the what type of roof you have but I have seen airconditioning units on roofs, but I am not qualified to advise you. Sorry I cannot help you with that question.

Patricia Wardasked

I just had ASTG09KUCA installed in the bedroom and run it on low noise, econmonic at 22 heat and it kept me awake and then woke me through the night with a water gurgle noise - I ran the installers but they had no answer . Only said it is a very quiet aircon. Also rang Bing Lee where I got it from and was told it should be quiet and to get the installers back to check it out. After reading the above review this could be a waste of time and money. Do you know anything about this particlar noise in this model???

JW
JW

The 2 times I have had water noise or internal water leak is because the moisture drain pipe from internal head unit to outside was blocked, the other time was the drain pipe was installed above the outlet from the internal unit, which would mean the drain pipe is too high so water built up inside.

Only other thing I can think of is when using heat or cold air, on occasions I can here the fluid (gas) running through the pipes. This is normal and might be what you are hearing. It doesn't happen all the time, but would be more noticeable when you first turn the Air Con on. This sound happens to all Air Con units (well all the units I've owned), it is the gas running through the pipes. Regardless of whether you set the Air con to low noise or not, the gas still needs to run through the pipes to internal head unit to produce hot or cold air as needed.

Rex
Rex

I experienced the same thing. Noisy water flowing from the inside unit. I rang fujitsu. The guy told me that this model should have a minimum of 3 meter copper tube between indoor amd outdoor unit. I told the installer and he will do it in 2 weeks time. Fingers crossed.
I think this unit is sh##t. It has a high vibration. And i can always hear a sizzling noise when i operate in heating mode. I do have a mitsubishi in my other room. I dont have any issue on it.

Get an answer from our members and Fujitsu representatives

Download manual