TERRIBLE AIRCONDITIONER

The air conditioner works well when it it working, hence the problem. We have nothing but trouble with this air-conditioner from the first install it has broken down 3 times in six months, the first time it was not working for two weeks while waiting for parts to arrive. I have asked for the unit to be replaced but so far have not done so. I would never recommend this product to anyone. lucky it comes with a five year warranty I think I'll need it.

Purchased in January 2018.

Hi Kirsty, We are sorry to hear of your experience with your Fujitsu Air Conditioning unit, your feedback is important to us. Please, can you kindly private message your contact details so we can discuss this further with you or alternatively call us direct Tel: 1300 364 484 and ask for our VIC Service Team and they will do their best to assist you.

Need as we have medical needs

We have a large house and sometimes have to use day and night settings. It struggles a bit but does manage. When we have the day zone on only we are kept very comfortable. Filtering the dust and pollens are very important and it does this very well. Also here in Queensland we have high humidity this unit is taking care of that problem. In the winter we love the warmth and quick heating capabilities, We highly recommend this unit .

Purchased in September 2016.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Whole House

A Great System

We have 3 Zones Family Room-Lounge/Dining Room
and 3 bedrooms all situated on the top floor.

We also have another 2 Fujitsu 7.5 Kw floor standing units for our large games /theatre room and another 7.5Kw servicing a conservatory.Both models are the same.

We can run the upstairs ducted all together or choose each Zone.
It copes very well even on the hottest Summer days around 40c+outside in Summer .and around 7c on the coolest summer days .
It has enough reserve to run All Zones if you require but mostly we run only 2 Zones.
Our home is 2 story constructed in double brick and tile roof double Glazed windows

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Wazza, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment on Product Review. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with your Fujitsu ARTG54LDTA Airconditioning unit. Your custom and feedback is important to us. Should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to assist you.As well as the Ducted system upstairs we have 2 other Fujitsu 7.5 Kw floor units Downstairs and they also do a fine job of cooling and heating a large room and a conservatory as required.

Really impressed with the unit, service and support of Fujitsu and installer

Our 13 year old ducted Fujitsu packed up, had several conversations with the Fujitsu support team who were just fantastic. Finally decided to replace it with the ARTG36LHTA and been really happy with it. I have also got 3 other Fujitsu split systems in parts of the house which i am really happy with.

Used Thermal Effects Airconditioning in Brisbane who just made it so easy.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear our support team provided great customer service and you are pleased with your Fujitsu Airconditioning. Should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to assist you.

great air conditioner

This was replacement for my 19 year old carrier didn,t need to change ducting as it bolts on to the existing inside unit. outside unit is very quiet compared to the old one and much cheaper to run. these were the 2 reasons for changing had some teething problems but Jamie from Butler Air and the Fujitsu service guy were great very happy.
easy to use and very effective was tested with the heatwave we had at the same time as installation .

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Joe, Thank you for providing your Feedback on Product Review. We are so glad your are happy with your Fujitsu Ducted Air Conditioner.

Error code "11" - Serial communication error

My fujitsu ARTG45LHTA unit was installed on 14 February 2013, but it was intermittently non-operational with error code "11" for the past 5 years. Despite numerous services by fujitsu which was under 5 years "part and labour warranty", the same issue - error code "11" was still not resolved as at today. I am really disappointed with this fujitsu ducted system and i will no longer recommend this product for sure.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Hi Tom, we are sorry to hear of your experience with your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. We appreciate you taking the time to place your feedback on Product Review. Your feedback is important to us. Please contact us directly and ask for Technical support Toll free number 1300 364 484, so we can discuss this further with you.Sorry. i can not call your Toll free number as i am on travelling today and will be away from Australia for a while. Do u mind to contact me via email :[details removed] For your information, the unit is not working again (with error code 11) and my wife and kids have to buy other heaters from woolie to warm up the house for this winter. Really appreciate if you could send your team to our house at 18 Ramorine Turn, Southern river WA and to resolve this issue ASAP. Thanks.If my email is not acceptable to you, may i then call this Fujitsu WA contact number +61-8- 9240 5877 from oversea ? Thanks.

Awesome Product for Heating and cooling your house.

We got this installed a few months ago, due to our old System being 35 years old and needed replacing. This system is so quiet which we love. You can’t even hear it’s on. It’s funny because you go outside and everyone else’s (neighbours) are so loud. The house and Rooms heat up really quickly as well,which we love. I would definitely recommend this product for any residence or business.

Hi Sair, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we really appreciate it and are so glad you are enjoying your new Fujitsu Air Conditioner.My Pleasure.

Very impressive performance.

Had this unit installed in an existing home. 12 zones, 46sq home. I cannot fault this HVAC unit. It is efficient and quiet, the high static provides the correct volume at all of the registers. I'm not sure why other reviewers are complaining about poor installations, it has nothing to do with the manufacturer. We have had Mitsubishi in the past and the Fuji is as good if not better. The previous AC was approx 10 years old and had worked hard over that time. The compressor failed. It was not economically viable to repair and our home insurance had this covered. The tech in this new Fuji is many generations ahead and the energy savings are measurable. Like all AC it is expensive to run and it also requires regular servicing. Our installer's service is great. We get them in annually in the winter months to do a full service.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your Fujitsu Air Conditioner and took the time to provide feedback of your experience. Thankyou

Was going good

Never buy product off the floor but other then that is a great air con keeps the house nice and cool in summer and warm in winter :) :)
We havent had any trouble of I stand correct only one has been broken :) :) :(well done guys on making great ac

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

A money pit

Our ducted aircon is now twelve years old. The compressor had to be replaced after seven years. We've had various other issues since. Now another major drama has evolved wherein we require two parts that go together. Upshot is, Fujitsu no longer manufacture one of those parts (a wiring harness). The compressor also could be shot again!!!! So, we may now be facing replacement of the entire outside unit at a cost of several thousands of dollars. This will take the cost of repairs to way over what we paid for it. I would expect more than twelve years out of what was an expensive outlay.

Date PurchasedSep 2006

Makes the house bearable in summer and winter

Upgraded to a ducted air conditioning system when one of my split systems failed. Was going to go for a Daikin but it was too big for my ceiling space. The Fujitsu has a smaller foot print. Used since July, so has been operating in winter and summer. Works well.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent product

Our ducted air conditioner is amazing, work excellent and it is very useful in how Metricon who was our building subdivided the different air zones in our new house. It is amazing how they have different option to use, fan, cool and time also which made economical the use of it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Really loving my investment in this hot weather

A great investment - I installed this system following a single inverter air-con in my lounge packing it in.
This system does my whole 3 bedroom house & uses less power than the single unit did.
It is quiet & fast to supply either cold or hot air.

There are 3 minor issues that I was not aware of prior to installation -
- The min temp is 18degC. During winter, I'd like to be able to drop the temp overnight & when I am away during the day to 14-15degC like I was able to do with the old single unit.
Fujitsu say this min of 18 is to increase efficiency & power usage but when 18deg is too warm overnight & can't be dropped any further, it just has to be switched off.

- The wall control unit which is in the darkest area of my hallway & is not back-lit. It is very hard to select the correct settings. Bigger lettering/symbols & a light would fix this.

- Changing the filter. The system works much better with a clean filter & needs to be cleaned every 2-3 weeks on average. The filter is fitted to my ceiling in the hallway. I am not good on ladders & cannot change this myself.
I've now purchased a 2nd filter so that when a visitor calls who is able to climb the ladder, I get them change my filter to clean/wash the dirty one ready to go back up next time. Washing is the best way to clean them & they do take several hours or overnight to dry so at installation, the supply of a spare filter would be a plus.
It would also have been nice to have been advised as to how often the filter needed changing & the difficulty. I was upset initially over this.

However, I do like my ducted airconditioning & having it use less power than a single air-conditioning unit is a plus to help off-set the high initial installation cost.

The other drawback is that even though it has a full 5 year parts & labour warranty, if you need a different fujitsu worker to call (the installer not available) you have to pay.
I also had a noise like a tap running (not just a drip) in the roof & when the installer returned & failed to find a fault (after hearing & also wondering what the noise was) - I received an account!
The noise/excess water was put down to being an extremely hot day & the unit working at such a pace that a lot of excess was coming out the overflow pipes into my gutter. Until then I'd had the unit for around 2 years & never heard the water & also had no idea that there were overflow pipes into my gutter.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Great model

This is our second Fujitsu ducted system and the best one Has multiple zones and the ability to govern the amount of cooling going to each Is fully programmable and very quiet as well Both have been installed in new houses which allows for a better install to suit the owner.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Quiet - effective at heating and cooling

Did not want ugly individual aircon units hanging on the interior walls - so paid what ended up only being a small amount extra to have ducted aircon. There is just one outdoor unit and it is about the same size as a single aircon outdoor unit. The indoor unit is in the ceiling space. The wall monitor is unobtrusive and fairly easy to use.
We are more than happy with both cooling and heating. Great to be able to set to automatically start an hour before we wake in winter so our home is nice and warm when we get up. It is very quiet and no problem at all sleeping with it on - which occasionally we did in summer. Seems to be quite economical to run also.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Got this for our tenants

The old mitsubishi packed up and we went with this model through Mannix .
Our tenants are really happy with this, it cools and heats better than the other one, and much more efficiently.
Their bills have gone down, it's been very reliable. I was there, and it has a great output, cools and heats quickly.

September 19th 2017 Update: This has been excellent!

We think it's a great system, hasn't missed a beat all through winter. Cools well too - will give it a good trot this summer coming.
I'll come back and post a comment on how it's performing.
The controls are easy, and it's relatively quiet, I haven't had to think about it really. The outdoor unit seems fine, and it looks neat and tidy

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dodgy Air con

Like many here, I have experienced a major fault with the compressor with this unit. Luckily I was able to prove it occurred within the 5 year warranty period (Fujitsu didn't want to know about it until I was able to supply phone records, emails etc). Customer service was very underwhelming.

I strongly recommend that people lodge a complaint with Consumer and Business Affairs if:

• The Air Con cost significant value (mine was valued at $9,200 when installed);
• It experiences a major fault within the 5 to 10 year age range (after warranty has expired); and
• The install date is on or after 1 January 2011**.

** The reason for this is that current legislation relating to Business and Consumer law came into effect at this date – It was revealed to me by Business and Consumer Affairs that they were unable to represent me or force Fujitsu to replace/repair my AC unit because my install date was ~ 1 week before this date, and therefore covered under different legislation. Luckily, I was able to prove it was faulty within the warranty period**

I am not certain what legal avenues are available to clients whose AC units are no longer covered under warranty and installed before 1 January 2011 – I was told to contact the 'Legal Services Commission' or 'Law Society', or any other private law firm (eg. DBH, Websters etc).

I strongly recommend that clients with an install date on or after 1 January 2011 contact Business and Consumer Affairs, as they seemed to indicate a high success rate under the new legislation.

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Best investment I have made for my house

This product has made the summer bearable. It is quiet and user friendly. The gentle flow of air is not obtrusive, and especially at night, does not focus too much cold air in one direction. I especially appreciate being able to turn it on from work so that the house is cool by the time I get home. I would have preferred a written copy of the user manual.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Service under warranty a joke

Our air-con is just over two years old and broke down during the first week of Feb. We are still waiting for a service tech to come and fix it. They have given us a date of 4th March. You would think that they would put on more techs during summer - when air-con's are mostly likely to fail - so their (ex)customers would not have swelter in the heat because they are, "very backed up at the moment". The air con itself is average, but is noisy and vibrates a lot. Our previous Actron was much better (killed by lightning strike). If you expect reasonable time frames for repairs under warranty stay away from these fools.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Come on winter.

Have just had a Fujitsu installed 6 days ago and guess what? It does not work as the internal unit has a coil leak. They do not test these units before install or in the factory we were advised. Been waiting 6 days for Fujitsu to even contact us when they are coming to replace rhe indoor unit. Was led to believe that this company had a better backup service, were we misled? The installer is not allowed to do anything further as Fujitsu have to attend to assess.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

This unit installed to cool/heat 8 rooms, it’s been a disappointment from the start had numerous technicians tell me it’s working fine, it works quite well in the lounge but go to the top end of the house to the bedrooms may as well not bother turning on
Hi Dwayne, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment on Product Review, your custom and feedback is important to us. In regards to your issue there could be several reasons for your Fujitsu Air conditioning to be not working to full capacity. Please could request mor specific information for example: " there is no air, or air but no coooling.." we might be able to provide more advice in locating the issue. Alternatively please call our Technicial support team who will be more than happy to discuss this further. Please call Tel: 1300 364 484 and they will do their best to assist you.

Air con coming up with er 11.1 ???? How do you get it working?
I have a Fujitsu Ducted unit I think 18Kw also 3 Fujitsu 7.5 floor standing units witch were installed before the ducted unit to all upstairs rooms I am so happy with all the units and use according to our needs, in the Summertime we mainly use the 18Kw Ducted on the top main living Kitchen Family and bedrooms, In the winter we Mainly use the 7.5 Kw Downstairs as it heats our large Games/Theatre room and the concrete Ceiling which in turn warms the concrete floor in the family Rm and kitchen above.

Can this system be zoned?
the answer is yesthe reason i used this system is it bolts to the side of the old system which is already zonedHi Mick, Yes this air conditioner can be zoned. It is something your installer would be able to do for you.

Inverter Ducted ARTG09LLLB (Bulkhead)Inverter Ducted ARTG12LLLB (Bulkhead)Inverter Ducted ARTG24LHTDP (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG36LHTDP (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG45LDTA (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG54LDTA (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG60LDTA (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted AOTG54LCTLInverter Ducted ARTG18LLTA (Bulkhead)Inverter Ducted ARTA30LBTU (Slimline)Inverter Ducted ARTA36LATU (Slimline)Inverter Ducted ARTA45LATU (Slimline)Inverter Ducted ARTG24LMLC (Slimline)Inverter Ducted ARTG30LHTA (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG36LHTA (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG45LHTA (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG54LHTC (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG60LHTB (Single Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTC72LATU (High Static - Three Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTC90LATU (High Static - Three Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG36LHTB (High Static - Three Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG45LHTB (High Static - Three Phase)Inverter Ducted ARTG60LHTA (High Static - Three Phase)Inverter Ducted ART45LUAK (High Power)Inverter Ducted AOT45LJBYL (Outdoor Unit)Inverter Ducted AOT54LJBYL
Reverse CycleYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
InverterYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Cooling Capacity2.6kW3.5kW7.1kW10kW12.5kW14kW15.8kW5.2kW8.5kW10kW11.5kW7.1kW9kW10.5kW12.5kW14kW15.8kW20.3kW25kW10.5kW12.5kW15kW
Heating Capacity3.5kW4.5kW8kW11.2kW14kW16kW18kW6kW10kW11.2kW14kW8kW11.2kW12.1kW14kW16kW18kW22.6kW28kW12.1kW14kW18kW
Indoor Unit Height198mm198mm300mm300mm360mm360mm360mm198mm270mm270mm270mm270mm400mm400mm425mm425mm450mm450mm550mm400mm425mm425mm
Indoor Unit Width700mm700mm1000mm1400mm1400mm1400mm1400mm900mm1135mm1135mm1135mm1135mm1050mm1050mm1250mm1250mm1587mm1587mm1587mm1050mm1250mm1250mm
Indoor Unit Depth620mm620mm700mm700mm850mm850mm850mm620mm700mm700mm700mm700mm500mm500mm490mm490mm700mm700mm700mm500mm490mm490mm
Outdoor Unit Height620mm620mm620mm830mm1290mm1290mm1290mm620mm830mm1290mm1290mm830mm1290mm1290mm1290mm1290mm1290mm1690mm1690mm1290mm1290mm1290mm
Outdoor Unit Width790mm790mm790mm900mm900mm900mm900mm790mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm930mm930mm900mm900mm900mm
Outdoor Unit Depth290mm290mm290mm330mm330mm330mm330mm290mm330mm330mm330mm330mm330mm330mm330mm330mm330mm765mm765mm330mm330mm330mm

Visit official website - Download manual