Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG30KMTA / ASTG34KMTA

Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG30KMTA / ASTG34KMTA

ASTG30KMTA (8.5kW) and ASTG34KMTA (9.4kW)

Unit does not work - 2 years old

Unit stopped working December 2019. Unable to get an authorised dealer out for about 3 weeks. When a service agent was able to inspect they found that the installation was ok but there was a leak somewhere in the main unit. Fujitsu advised that there was no stock of an inside unit but they did have a part available which was explained to me "as the whole guts of the unit except the white casing". Well today the 31st Jan the service dealer came back to replace the internal "guts of the unit". Well when they opened the part it was not the whole internal unit. It was going to require 8 hours worth of work for the 2 installers to assemble a new machine (using some of the existing parts) and was advised that they only get 2 hours worth of reimbursement. They are again requesting a whole new assembled unit. Until then I am the one suffering from a faulty machine - terrible for a unit whose running time was only 23 months.
Fujitsu reference 396881

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Jackie, We are sorry to hear of your experience with your Fujitsu Airconditioning especially during this very hot season. We hope the replacement airconditioning unit will be working well for you very soon. Please don't hesitate to contact our Service Team and we will do our best to assist you.

Delivered faulty and no customer service

Avoid at all costs. Purchased a new unit and had it installed only for the installer to advise the unit had a blocked valve and needed a Fujitsu technician to fix it. Fujitsu customer service took half a day to answer the phone then booked a service call for the following week. Every call to customer service goes to a message that isn’t responded to, called head office asking to complain and got transferred to another message that also wasn’t returned. Sadly this review is exactly the same as another on this site

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Matt, Thank you for providing your feedback on Product Review. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Our CoOrdinators are doing everything they can to contact every customer that calls us. If you like please call them on 1300 658 840.

Perfect

Air Conditioner works well and is very quiet. We are very happy with this purchase.
The guy at Good guys that sold us this model wasn't sure if it would be powerful to cool an extra large area. It certainly does, without any problem. The unit functions well when in high demand and is used for hours on end during the heat of summer. Would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Sue, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear of your experience with your recent purchase of the Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG40KMTA. Should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to assist you.

Great product and Whisper Quiet

Did a lot of research prior to purchasing, unit replaced a Carrier A/C system that had given many years of trouble free service.
Could not be more happy with our decision to purchase this Fujitsu A/C , just had a couple of high 30 degrees days and the system performed brilliantly, has made us realise just how good this inverter system is and outdoor unit is whisper quiet.
Purchase with absolute confidence.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
HI Mark, We are glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. Thank you for providing your feedback on Product Review.

Powerful, Great design

We replaced our 15 year old Fujitsu heating and cooling unit with a bigger Fujitsu one. It works efficiently and the Powerful button on remote gives you an instant boost of heat. You can control the fan speed easily with the remote. Have only used this unit for hearing only. It warms up our downstairs area efficiently and quickly. We are also very happy with the design. Received our Fujitsu Pre Paid Visa card very quickly. Fujitsu very professional company.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Dallas Fujitsu is delighted with your response to the latest purchase of your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank you for taking the time in providing a review on Product Review, your feedback is important to us.

Just the right timing, before summer!

Have just had this unit installed in my new home, job done promptly and very tidy, polite workers. Great unit with plenty of power and very neat fitting on the internal wall and also on exterior. Outside unit is up on brackets and very tidy, workers took away all the mess, came on time as well. Would recommend no priblems.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Veronica, We are delighted with your response to the latest purchase of your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Product review

Love it, use it throughout summer and in coldest parts of winter to quickly heat or cool entire hous

Easy to use.
East to maintain
Instructions could be clearer
Remote could be designed better though, it is very big and some of the names of buttons aren't reflective of others I've used before.
Goes like a little beauty though.
10 year warranty suits me fine when buying such an item.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Great to hear. If you need any assistance contact Fujitsu Assist at fujitsuassist@fujitsugeneral.com.au or on 1300 364 484

Works well when working

Replaced my 10 year old Fujitsu with the new model, had been very happy with previous so was no brainer with replacing with another. However 2 years later it developed a leak, after second attempt the Fujitsu recommended Technician advised the indoor coil was faulty and placed an order for a new part under warranty. One week later having not heard from the technician I contacted them and was advised that the part was on back order and they were unable to say when the new part would arrive. Concerned I would be without my cooling and heating system for a long period I have since contacted Fujitsu direct. Having provided proof of purchase date and model number as requested they have asked me to provide the part number. I will now need to follow up with the technician so as to provide this. I will add to this post when I have an outcome. Depending on the outcome I will adjust the star rating accordingly.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
I have since been advised by Fujitsu that they estimate it will take 4 weeks to get in the part. This will make a total of 5 weeks to get the part if it actually comes in at that time and probably another week to schedule in with the repairer. Very poor service/backup for a unit less than actually 2 years old.After a few emails and referencing this site Fujitsu sent the part overnight and the repairer fit the part a few days later. It is now working so happy to have the heater and aircon back. Happy that Fujitsu got the part in a reasonable time in the end just a shame with the process it took to get it. Fujitsu you have a good product in future don't let yourself down with poor after sales service.Update - I now have a problem with the fan making a noise like the bearing has gone, but it is intermittent. Have since had the techo out and they are ordering a new part, lucky I can still use it but it is very inconvenient considering the unit is just over 2 years old

Very disappointed a high end 9.4kW aircond barely lasts a year!

I have three large kw airconditioner brands at home LG (20 years) panasonic (5yrs and still working perfectly) and the Fujitsu ASTG34KMTA. This fujitsu is simply the mostly unreliable air cond of them all. It has failed in less than a year! Not blowing cold air. Technician identified fault in the coil causing gas to leak. Parts on back order and still no sign of it after 3+weeks. The parts are on "back order" and I understand there are many customers waiting for it. This must be a DESIGN problem! Suggest if you want reliability ..Do not buy this airconditioner!
I will update again to confirm whether it gets fixed at all. As part of my ringing around to replace my LG i hear from many installers that fujitsu quality is not what it used to be.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Good news. The Customer service staff offered to change the air cond unit as the parts had taken too long to arrive. Same unit was replaced and it now works and I am delighted. I will be keeping my eyes open for any similar problem emerging again. Touch wood I will have many years of trouble free use.

Very quiet airconditioner

Very happy with cooling performance, heating isn't as powerful I feel. Timer for on and off can be a bit tricky to use at first. Remember to read the instructions carefully. Overall, the air conditioner is very quiet. Inactivity setting works well, esp when you are leaving it on overnight as it reduces power consumption and doesn't blast all night

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Better than I thought

This was bought to replace a wood burner and it has prooved much better than thought. It is comparable to the cost of wood and without all the physical moving of the wood and constant tending to the fire. It does not waste due to being run all night to keep the house warm as it can be started remotely 20 minutes beforehand and the room is warm as though it was working all night. But best of all is the cooling for hot days. The price paid was much less than anticipated due to some great deals at the time and could not be happier.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Cools the house in no time!

This unit is simple to use and incredibly effective in cooling our entire house- I bought this to cool our open planned living, dining, kitchen and play rooms because we find the evaporative in our house is useless!
It actually manages to keep the entire house cool!
It is quite noisy on the higher fan settings but I don't find that's needed anyway. I set it to 25 deg on fan speed 2 and it cools our entire house. On installation when it has to run at a low temp at high fan for 30 mins our house was a complete ice box!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Love that we can use the remotes for any system around the house

This has proven to be a great split system that cools the house quite well. It's quiet both inside and outside. We have these in all rooms in our house and I love that the remotes aren't set for just one machine. When we misplace a remote, we just grab one from the other rooms. However, as a busy mum, I don't have time to work through all of the different options on the remote. So I just leave it on the one option.

Very good

Bought mostly for heating and it does not disappoint. Will sometimes have to take the temperature up on the control for it to heat up the room in a reasonable amount of time. One of the most quiet split-systems I have heard and is easy to control. Overall it does the job and is easily worth the money (look out for manufacturer discount).

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Rather loud and cumbersome

Not the most beautiful thing to adorn the walls of our home, although the salesman assured us it would be near silent, which isn't the case at all unless you have it on quiet mode. It keeps the place cool, and is adequate as a heater (if a little on the expensive side when it comes to powerbills) I would not recommend this to a friend unless they are simple looking for the biggest (or greatest output) at 10KW it's hard to argue that it is powerful, but I'd rather have a little quiet time and be slightly warmer than have to deal with the fish tank humming sound.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Cool as

Love this product, on our second season and no issues at all. Runs all day without a hiccup. Super high power bill is the down side but that goes for any air-conditioner. Remote control unit is stored in a wall mount so it doesn't get lost, simple to use, no degree required, I would recommend this product without hesitation, very happy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

For the last one month it has been performing well

We bought this model of the Air conditioner from Harvey Norman in Osborne Park, Perth. The sales person who sold us this item is Neville. He gave us a good price and an installer. The installation was about 1000 dollars, including the removal of the old AC. The outside unit is very quiet as well as the inside unit. I will let you know how the Air-conditioner is performing in about six months time. For the last month the AC has been performing well. Fujitsu is offering a rebate of about 200 dollars for this AC. The inside unit is not as quiet as I would have wanted to. But it is not noisy.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
even though, we have not used the Air-conditioner that much in this Summer, the AC is still running well. We live close to the western sea breeze and I have noticed one screw getting bit corroded. I need to apply some material to protect the silver colour screws.The AC performed very well in the winter even though it was at a high setting. We saw a big change in our electricity bill after changing the ten-year-old air-conditioner.

Summer cannot live without it

Great for summer - used a couple of times for heat in winter for mornings
Very quiet
Had in stalled by professional internal wall away from lounge
Very easy to use remote for all settings (self explanatory)
Love the setting for quiet outdoor unit
Happy to recommend for purchase - why not buy

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Unexpectedly good! An invaluable purchase

We finally caved and bought an aircon unit in November, just before the hottest summer ever. While we calculated the size of the room etc and made sure that we bought a conditioner of sufficient capacity, we were surprise to find that the unit, with a bit of fiddling of fan speed, swing directions etc, can actually cool the entire bottom floor of our house. And it does so pretty quickly and quietly. Really didnt expect the efficiency or speed of cooling. Since we bought it the weather has been horrendous and we were quite worried about the power bill. The blurb said it would cost $480 or so a year to run, and I suspect this is under very specific conditions. But given that it had high use for two months, the power bill wasnt diabolical. - maybe $200 more than usual.. and well worth it considering how ridiculous the weather has been. We chose to get the Energex attachment that allows Energex to reduce the load during very hot days, but it hasnt really been intrusive. And we got a $200 rebate for doing so. The installer - whom we booked through The Good Guys - commented on what a good unit this was, and that it was of a great capacity for the open-planned nature of our house. Apparently they are very reliable and easy to fix. Thus far, no problems despite continual usage in hot conditions. As we booked the install through The Good Guys, if we have any problems in the future with the installation or the unit, we just go back to them for the warranty. It was about $300 more expensive than another model on sale at the time, but seemed sturdier and had a better distribution method.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

working very well only had for one week that has been installed

very quiet and keeps the area very comfortable in temp keeps the room very easy to be in on hot days. The system is not imposing and is very neat.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Where are the Fugitsu air conditioners made?
Hi Graeme, Thank you for reaching out to us on Product Review. In regards to your question, we can confirm the Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG30KMTA/ASTG34KMTA is made in Thailand. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions and we will do our best to assist you.

Why does this air con NOT have an inverter?.
Hi Bridget, thanks for contacting us. All Fujitsu General Air Conditioners being sold in Australia are inverters. For more information on the product visit https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/product/astg30kmta---8.5kw(c)-9.0kw(h) . We hope this information helps.Shocking to hear, had similar problem, worked fine for the first 2 1/2yrs. Than the problems started and got nowhere with the manufacturer. Numerous emails back and forth, got nowhere. Posted negative review on this site, within minutes they were asking me to private message them and asking me to remove my post. I decided to rip the entire system out and went with a more reputable company. The only thing this product did was create aggravation for me for 2 yrs and $5700.00 on original install. Only to rip it out and have another system installed. I'd recommend the same to you.Hi Lou. As discussed with you we are based in Australia and the reason you were asked to remove your post was because you had posted your comments on our page which is a totally different company in a different country to which you bought the unit. We have reached on your behalf and contacted that company to see if we could resolve your issue. Other than that, unfortunately we do not have any control over them and cannot force them to resolve your issue.

Go to turn our unit on this summer and we get 5 flashes of the timer light. Unit not coming on. Of course it's our first hot day and a/c not working. Who do I call? Purchased about this time last year from Good Guys and we are on Mornington Peninsula Vic Steve 0416611774
Hi Steve, Thank you for placing your question on Product Review. Please call our Technical support team who will do their best to assist you in regards to the five flashes on your timer light. Free Toll 1300 364 484.

Lifestyle ASTG30KMTA (8.5kW)Lifestyle ASTG34KMTA (9.4kW)
Reverse CycleYesYes