Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG34KMTA (9.4kW)

Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG34KMTA (9.4kW)

MPN: 36025213

Unit does not work - 2 years old

Unit stopped working December 2019. Unable to get an authorised dealer out for about 3 weeks. When a service agent was able to inspect they found that the installation was ok but there was a leak somewhere in the main unit. Fujitsu advised that there was no stock of an inside unit but they did have a part available which was explained to me "as the whole guts of the unit except the white casing". Well today the 31st Jan the service dealer came back to replace the internal "guts of the unit". Well when they opened the part it was not the whole internal unit. It was going to require 8 hours worth of work for the 2 installers to assemble a new machine (using some of the existing parts) and was advised that they only get 2 hours worth of reimbursement. They are again requesting a whole new assembled unit. Until then I am the one suffering from a faulty machine - terrible for a unit whose running time was only 23 months.
Fujitsu reference 396881

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Jackie, We are sorry to hear of your experience with your Fujitsu Airconditioning especially during this very hot season. We hope the replacement airconditioning unit will be working well for you very soon. Please don't hesitate to contact our Service Team and we will do our best to assist you.

Powerful, Great design

We replaced our 15 year old Fujitsu heating and cooling unit with a bigger Fujitsu one. It works efficiently and the Powerful button on remote gives you an instant boost of heat. You can control the fan speed easily with the remote. Have only used this unit for hearing only. It warms up our downstairs area efficiently and quickly. We are also very happy with the design. Received our Fujitsu Pre Paid Visa card very quickly. Fujitsu very professional company.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Dallas Fujitsu is delighted with your response to the latest purchase of your Fujitsu Air Conditioner. Thank you for taking the time in providing a review on Product Review, your feedback is important to us.

Love it, use it throughout summer and in coldest parts of winter to quickly heat or cool entire hous

Easy to use.
East to maintain
Instructions could be clearer
Remote could be designed better though, it is very big and some of the names of buttons aren't reflective of others I've used before.
Goes like a little beauty though.
10 year warranty suits me fine when buying such an item.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Great to hear. If you need any assistance contact Fujitsu Assist at fujitsuassist@fujitsugeneral.com.au or on 1300 364 484

Very disappointed a high end 9.4kW aircond barely lasts a year!

I have three large kw airconditioner brands at home LG (20 years) panasonic (5yrs and still working perfectly) and the Fujitsu ASTG34KMTA. This fujitsu is simply the mostly unreliable air cond of them all. It has failed in less than a year! Not blowing cold air. Technician identified fault in the coil causing gas to leak. Parts on back order and still no sign of it after 3+weeks. The parts are on "back order" and I understand there are many customers waiting for it. This must be a DESIGN problem! Suggest if you want reliability ..Do not buy this airconditioner!
I will update again to confirm whether it gets fixed at all. As part of my ringing around to replace my LG i hear from many installers that fujitsu quality is not what it used to be.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Good news. The Customer service staff offered to change the air cond unit as the parts had taken too long to arrive. Same unit was replaced and it now works and I am delighted. I will be keeping my eyes open for any similar problem emerging again. Touch wood I will have many years of trouble free use.

Better than I thought

This was bought to replace a wood burner and it has prooved much better than thought. It is comparable to the cost of wood and without all the physical moving of the wood and constant tending to the fire. It does not waste due to being run all night to keep the house warm as it can be started remotely 20 minutes beforehand and the room is warm as though it was working all night. But best of all is the cooling for hot days. The price paid was much less than anticipated due to some great deals at the time and could not be happier.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Cools the house in no time!

This unit is simple to use and incredibly effective in cooling our entire house- I bought this to cool our open planned living, dining, kitchen and play rooms because we find the evaporative in our house is useless!
It actually manages to keep the entire house cool!
It is quite noisy on the higher fan settings but I don't find that's needed anyway. I set it to 25 deg on fan speed 2 and it cools our entire house. On installation when it has to run at a low temp at high fan for 30 mins our house was a complete ice box!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Love that we can use the remotes for any system around the house

This has proven to be a great split system that cools the house quite well. It's quiet both inside and outside. We have these in all rooms in our house and I love that the remotes aren't set for just one machine. When we misplace a remote, we just grab one from the other rooms. However, as a busy mum, I don't have time to work through all of the different options on the remote. So I just leave it on the one option.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Rather loud and cumbersome

Not the most beautiful thing to adorn the walls of our home, although the salesman assured us it would be near silent, which isn't the case at all unless you have it on quiet mode. It keeps the place cool, and is adequate as a heater (if a little on the expensive side when it comes to powerbills) I would not recommend this to a friend unless they are simple looking for the biggest (or greatest output) at 10KW it's hard to argue that it is powerful, but I'd rather have a little quiet time and be slightly warmer than have to deal with the fish tank humming sound.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Cool as

Love this product, on our second season and no issues at all. Runs all day without a hiccup. Super high power bill is the down side but that goes for any air-conditioner. Remote control unit is stored in a wall mount so it doesn't get lost, simple to use, no degree required, I would recommend this product without hesitation, very happy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016