• Rates and Fees

Worst Super Fund I've ever encountered

I joined Future Super at the beginning of 2019. I transferred a large amount of Super. I wanted to be ethically responsible with my money. I shopped around, read reviews and thought it would be great. My money did absolutely nothing for the entire time it was invested. It ONLY increased due to my super contributions. When I finally left FS for another fund my investment had made $1451 in 2 years. When I moved my money to another fund in two weeks I'd made $457. I know things fluctuate, but FS was terrible!. I'm sure the reviews on here are fake too. I really DO NOT recommend Future Super. The fees were really bad also.

DP

DPSydney

Worst ever

I finally took my Super out of Future Super and within a week (of my money being in my new fund) I had earned on my investment a third of what I'd earned with Future Super in a full year. Future Super is a ridiculously terrible Super Fund. I think the "excellent" reviews are fake as well. I paid so many fees and my investment only went up when my employer paid into it monthly. The rest of the time it just went down due to its poor performance and fees. Do not use this super fund.

That Guy

That GuyPerth, WA

Waste of time, dodgy, cannot login, money missing

Signed up, logged in on day 1, sent money to my account and a month later it still isn’t there. Emailed support, they asked my DOB, I replied and 2 weeks later no reply and now i’ve been locked out of my account. Waste of time and half of these reviews seem fabricated. Do not recommend at all.

Insurance Options
Income Protection

Great premise - horrible execution

I really wanted to like Future Super. The concept is great, the execution is unfortunately severely lacking.
If you think about applying for insurances, make sure you have a good 3 months to spare and lower your expectations. You'll be presented with an inferior option that you'll likely decline, and then they apply it anyway. You'll discover that funds are not arriving on your account and that customer service takes weeks or months to get back to you if at all.

There are other funds out there with the same focus - try them while Future Super sorts out their many issues.

Insurance Options
Income Protection

bretannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Go elsewhere as they cant be bothered

After some glowing reviews here I tried to invest with Future Super.
For the full sad and sorry story scroll down to the Questions and Answers section where I am not the only one dissatisfied with their response to new prospective clients

Graham

GrahamSydney Surrounds, NSW

never again run from this mob as fast as you can

I am over the preservation age so can withdraw funds as I require them. I lodged a request for a small amount on the 20th April and received conformation of my request on the 29th April. Despite all my efforts to find out what is happening I have had no progress. I have funds with Australian Super and can withdraw online and have cash in my account usually within 3 business days.

Rates and Fees

Horrendous customer service and attention to obligations in light of COVID payouts

Currently 14 calendar days and 10 business days into the wait for remittance of an early covid release. No response to 3 phone call with messages and two emails. Future Super - your customers need you to action off your obligations. We are now working with the ATO after being in contact directly to resolve the situation and make a formal complaint so hopefully others don't have to deal with the same. Once the payout has been received, we will be closing the fund and moving forward with a more dependable fund.

Future SuperFuture Super

Hi Ross,

Our Member Advocacy team have tried to follow this up for you, but as we don't have your account details they weren't able to do so. Could you please email us at info@myfuturesuper.com.au in reference to this ProductReview? Thank you.

Ross D.
Ross D.

Reasonable Fair

I compared funds and I found this to be the one that invests in the objectives that I bereave in. When you consider the Unethical Criminal Behaviour of the Banking $money lending Usury oligarchs and the Speculation Looting that has been endemic since the inception of the federal reserve and in the 1940`s the international (Murder)monetary fund world bank world trade organisation and even the Criminality of the political powers in Australia which is Still Subservient to a Theocracy britain(Usurping killingdom)u.k.
there is a lot of Work to be done in easing the sting of Poverty and Stopping Further Environmental Destruction That`s Why I Am Glad that My Super funds can Help in this Quest.

Russell
Russell

This should be foremost in our concerns

Rowyn

Rowyn

So good! So far!

So easy to access online portal, the staff are lovely -Australian's also.
I can see my super increase on the screen.

John B.Future Super

Thanks for the review Rowyn! Glad to hear you are happy with Future Super. We'd love to know if there is anything we can improve on and feel free to get in touch if there's anything we can help you with! Cheers, Freya

Green options

Great incentive to stay with this Super fund. Lets hope that their fees get competitive too as well as a green focus on investments

John B.Future Super

Hey Phillip! Great to hear you are enjoying investing green. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - we'd love to hear how we can do even better! Thanks, Freya

Progress in action

Great ethics across the board.
I trust that they are doing what I want with my money and there's no dodgy deals going on in industries I dislike.
The right balance of communication is had with customers.
As someone who is from abroad (and not understanding Supers) maybe a bit more segmenting of info to know who might need 'coaching' through options of what you should/could look at putting away each pay cheque.
Overall, a refreshingly 'right on' progressive organisation.

John B.Future Super

Can't fix a subscription issue in 3 weeks...

I was happy to think that I will start to build my super on non-fossil energy...
But during my online subscription process a " technical glitch" like they said... happened..
So they still called me and emailed to pu my super on my brand new non-accessible account...
but no contacts or workaround regarding my portal access...
I can't trust a a young start up company which can not manage IT issues and have so poor Customer relationship..
For me it is a no go.

Hugely misleading advertising of returns

I found Future Super being misleading by posting out of date return information by quoting returns for 2 years to Sept 2016 claiming they were the number 1 balanced option. They neglected to mention that their more recent returns have been relatively poor. Their 3 year return to 30 September 2017 was 5.5% pa. The AVERAGE balanced fund return was 7.44% over the same period according to SuperRatings.

I queried this, only to have Future Super block me from their page and deleting my post. Have lodged a complaint with ASIC.

Grayson C

Grayson CGeelong

Great for a guilt free set and forget retirement.

John B.Future Super

Clean Air,Clean Water, Clean Energy.

Lets get rid of the Fossils in Canberra , bring on the forward thinking New Blood and lets get down to Business
Bring on : THE RENEWABLES. :

John B.Future Super

Woohoo! We completely agree Malla. Thanks for being apart of the movement to a cleaner more sustainable future. Thanks, Freya

Nilay Chakraborty

Nilay Chakrabortyasked

The way you have answered few queries and feedbacks, that we believe in our ROI and policies, can you assure that members will get a fixed percentage return as your fees are amongst highest with around same return % ? Since your charges are fixed irrespective you give positive or negative returns, all big shots have created a lobby to rip people by different named funds.

bretannasked

Why does Future Super NOT reply to my emails??
I am looking for a Super company to change from Statewide (who are hopeless) and have sent two emails with questions to Future Super who have failed to reply.
Are they always this unhelpful and ignorant??

Future SuperFuture Super

Hello, although it is not showing in our Q&A, we did respond to your previous question on here. Given this is a third party platform, we are not able to identify you. We did perhaps receive an email from you, sent about a week ago, that our Member Advocacy team will get to shortly.

bretann

Would it be better and perhaps quicker if I phoned you??

Ben
Ben

That's odd, I've found them super helpful and responsive every time I've called or emailed. Yeah try a phone call. And great choice moving, I'm really happy I moved a couple of years ago.

Alexandra W.asked

How much do your annual fees equate to.

bretann

From what I can figure out Alexandra their fees are 0.98% on your balance plus an Admin fee? of $1.80/week
You will have to get confirmation from them but apparently they REFUSE to answer questions here or email

Alexandra W.

I actually called them to ask what the actual break down would be based on my current balance and they would refuse to advise me over the phone as well as the rep was not qualified to give me that information.. thank you for your feedback though.

Get an answer from our members and Future Super representatives