Gainsborough Hardware

Gainsborough Hardware

See the Best Home Care Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DonP

DonPNew South Wales

Digital Entry Don’t Buy

My new holiday house is 6 months old, I’ve had 2 Gainsborough Digital Entry locks fail each time the mechanism jams and the levers go out of sync and your front door has no lock. 0 stars

Store LocationMitre 10

Athol

AtholCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Not happy Jan

I have Gainsborough internal door knobs throughout my house. They look nice and are available at Bunnings. However, they all come loose with only minor use. From my experience I don’t recommend them.

Store LocationBunnings
John Turner

John Turner

Lasted 15 Years

Front Door Trilock handle broke after 15 years...fair enough. New Trilock G2 from Bunnings $204.
Left the old key barrel in, drilled 2 new 8mm top holes as the plate was longer, fitted the new handle plates as per the instructions. Job done. Hopefully good for another 15 years

Store LocationBunnings Keysborough
Terayz Kathryn

Terayz KathrynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do Not BUY

Hinged security door dead lock.

Faulty at the outset. Fancy packaging and $72. Lock is barley just functional if you spend twenty minutes jamming the key. The acutal hinge is really stiff and doesn't click or spring, you are putting substantial force on it just to lock/unlock, you cant even tell if it is locked or unlocked. It does not spring or trigger the actual lock mechanism at the correct time.

Oh by the way this lock is 12 hours old and i will 100% be returning it to bunnings for selling me a faulty product (nearly left ythe mispelling poorduct its more accurate) it is not fit for purpose.

Store LocationBunnings warragul

scant

scantCanberra 2600, ACT

Constant problems since new with minimal support

Were they ever any good?

I have recently moved in to an older house and was curious to find one knob of the laundry door missing when we arrived.
Since, I have been locked into a bedroom, and today the bathroom doorknobs fell off, luckily not smashing the tiles below, as the knobs are heavy.
Now my husband the mechanic is trying to repair the door and having worked out how the system functioned, he set off in a positive mood. While I have been typing this I have heard a disgusted "ergh" from him, and now there is swearing.......

Stuart Flynn

Stuart FlynnSydney, Australia

keypad lock broke 3 times

They repaired it but annoying it had to be fixed so many times. They also fitted a deadlock which doesn't actually turn. I can't ring them because their website is not down.

Skye H

Skye HAU

Don't use any thing from Gainsborough *** Warning

sal

salWaterford West

Locked out at night

I purchased a leverset digital entrance ambassador lock from Bunnings Bethania on 14 April 2018 and had it installed mid July. This lock malfunctioned and I was left locked out of my home on Saturday night of 11th August causing me extreme stress and jeopardising my safety.

Best service ever!

I bought Gainsborough entrense sets levers over 4 years ago. Due to wear and tear the elastics and screws required changing. They were replaced for me for free!!!!

Anna1056

Extremely bad Quality; a DANGER for homes

AdrianW

AdrianWMalvern East

Same, Same, No Different

Had a similar issue with the Gainsborough lever set on the bathroom door. In a new house, only 2 years old, the door set wouldn't open and we could not access bathroom. Had to call a locksmith as the whole mechanism had jammed. Silly thing is the lever cannot be removed from outside, both sides of the door have to be accessible to remove the handles (one screw each side). I had to drill the screw to remove the handle, only to find that the back set had completely seized. Cost me a bomb to get the door open. Now shopping for different hardware.

Scared to insert the batteries

My builder fitted this locking system but never put on the batteries (maybe they already know that these locks are crappy). Anyway, I put in the batteries and for some reason the door got jammed and I can never lock the door from the outside. The company sent me a replacement lock and now I am afraid put in the batteries because I am worried that the previous incident may happen again.

Will not recommend to others.

Ralb11

Ralb11Melbourne

Gainsborough G4 locks are faulty - locked in

Very bad customer and after sales service

Try call guess this place to get some info and got nowhere - website is useless customer and sales staff no nothing about their products and despite excellent and innovative designs - love their door handles with privacy knob and front door lock - if you try to find out what new products they have it is as though no one gives a hoot - I have called and emailed regularly and still waiting for someone to reply....

Steprenf

Steprenf

Almost every door handle and lock has broken in less than ten years.

Mick G

Mick G

Door handle just broke

Had 4 Gainsborough tri locks professionally installed about 14 years ago on all external doors. Front door handle just sheered off yesterday morning without any force used. Hopefully the other 3 don't follow suit. Didn't expect this from a more expensive product.

Sue

SuePerth

Poor customer service

Made a phone call to get suggestion/opinion for their own product, was asked to look at their website!
No very helpful at all, my builder used their products for my whole house, poor customer service, very disappointed.

Plastic plunger mechanism - unsafe