Gainsborough Hardware

Amanda SullivanFar North Queensland, QLD

Gainsborough Freestyle Electronic Trilock

Douglas Longbow

Douglas LongbowPerth, WA

Unreliable with poor to no customer service.

Tried to contact them via website as their lock no longer worked with original key after 5 years (half the warranty period) but have not had a reply in over a week.
I will change my review if they contact me anytime soon.

John G

John GSouthwest, VIC

Gainsborough - install a better product.

Being an owner/ builder I specified Gainsborough lever door handles from the G4 range - however over a short period of time they became loose on the internal door and had to be tightened often. This constant tightening lead to the thread in the body of the handle to strip and then the handle could not stay tightly in place on the door, which was most frustrating.
Also the tongue started to not fully retract on some of the doors and it became hard to exit the room. Once I replaced the handle unit, I inspected the internal mechanism to find it had collapsed and that the spring had softened.
I would not recommend that you or your builder specify Gainsborough door furniture for any building project.

Find out how Gainsborough Hardware compares to other Home Care Shops

Not as easy as it is promoted as

Advertising suggests that it is a simple replacement for a mechanical trilock using the exiting cavities etc. This is not so. The latch mechanism is larger and and the existing cavity was smaller. I had to get a locksmith with specialist skills and tools to to finish the job-at after hours rates.

Robert MICHAEL

Robert MICHAELSydney, NSW

Perfect and timely service - Great customer focused attitude

I purchased "G2 Gainsborough 3 in 1 Function TRILOCK" - near the installation day, I discovered that the latch was missing. I contacted the customer service and spoke with Tania. I explained that I was in a hurry as I almost found about the missing part just a few days prior to installation. Tania asked me to send my details in an email and to write the word "Urgent" in the subject field. The next day, I received the parcel (in less than 24 hours of my initial call). No words can express my satisfaction about this great professional service. Thanks to all Gainsborough customer care staff.

Great customer service and warranty claim process!

Two years after installation we had some issues with one of our Gainsborough privacy sets. The bolt got stuck in halfway position, as well as the privacy lock. The set was installed by our builder, but we contacted Gainsborough customer service team directly. After only one email, no unnecessary questions asked, they just sent the replacement handle. Works perfectly fine - 100% satisfied customer!

Hard to turn the knob

Jeremy

JeremyMelbourne

Fantastic customer service.

Our front door lock has a thin spring in the latch which broke. Tried ebay etc who wanted $20 for one spring. Contacted Gainsborough direct and the fantastic staff sent me two replacement springs in the mail for absolutely nothing. Customer service is excellent - door is now back in fully functioning order. Thank you!!

Lisa H.

Lisa H.Perth, WA

Hardware is broken, but customer service from this company is non existent

One of my doors has a Gainsborough lever set which is broken. Nothing else fits the holes and only one, highly over prices Gainsborough lever set is going to fit, but this is not available anywhere. The company sends links on where to get it, but those businesses don't have them Customer service is a nightmare, it has been 8 weeks and I still don't have a lever set.

John151

John151AU

Trilock Tarnished

Our relatively expensive gold coloured Trilocks are about 10 years and have become badly discoloured/tarnished in places. It seems the clearcoat they are finished in is peeling off. Worst part is that they won't respond to my enquiries as to whether I can recoat them in a gold coloured clear finish, in order to rectify the problem. Would suggest purchasing a different brand

Lock blocked

Lock blockedAlice Springs, NT

Didnt work out of the packet

Hinged screen door lock from Bunnings. Almost sent me mad installing it and have it not work. Main bolt wouldnt lock. Not even when removed from door and held in hand.

DonP

DonPNew South Wales

Digital Entry Don’t Buy

My new holiday house is 6 months old, I’ve had 2 Gainsborough Digital Entry locks fail each time the mechanism jams and the levers go out of sync and your front door has no lock. 0 stars

Athol

AtholCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Not happy Jan

I have Gainsborough internal door knobs throughout my house. They look nice and are available at Bunnings. However, they all come loose with only minor use. From my experience I don’t recommend them.

John Turner

John Turner

Lasted 15 Years

Front Door Trilock handle broke after 15 years...fair enough. New Trilock G2 from Bunnings $204.
Left the old key barrel in, drilled 2 new 8mm top holes as the plate was longer, fitted the new handle plates as per the instructions. Job done. Hopefully good for another 15 years

Terayz Kathryn

Terayz KathrynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do Not BUY

Hinged security door dead lock.

Faulty at the outset. Fancy packaging and $72. Lock is barley just functional if you spend twenty minutes jamming the key. The acutal hinge is really stiff and doesn't click or spring, you are putting substantial force on it just to lock/unlock, you cant even tell if it is locked or unlocked. It does not spring or trigger the actual lock mechanism at the correct time.

Oh by the way this lock is 12 hours old and i will 100% be returning it to bunnings for selling me a faulty product (nearly left ythe mispelling poorduct its more accurate) it is not fit for purpose.

scant

scantCanberra 2600, ACT

Constant problems since new with minimal support

Were they ever any good?

I have recently moved in to an older house and was curious to find one knob of the laundry door missing when we arrived.
Since, I have been locked into a bedroom, and today the bathroom doorknobs fell off, luckily not smashing the tiles below, as the knobs are heavy.
Now my husband the mechanic is trying to repair the door and having worked out how the system functioned, he set off in a positive mood. While I have been typing this I have heard a disgusted "ergh" from him, and now there is swearing.......

Stuart Flynn

Stuart FlynnSouth East Queensland, QLD

keypad lock broke 3 times

They repaired it but annoying it had to be fixed so many times. They also fitted a deadlock which doesn't actually turn. I can't ring them because their website is not down.

Skye H

Skye HAU

Don't use any thing from Gainsborough *** Warning

sal

salWaterford West

Locked out at night

I purchased a leverset digital entrance ambassador lock from Bunnings Bethania on 14 April 2018 and had it installed mid July. This lock malfunctioned and I was left locked out of my home on Saturday night of 11th August causing me extreme stress and jeopardising my safety.