GardenLine (Aldi) Petrol Blower

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

only just lasted a year with biweekly use.

Vibration killed it prematurely with bolts even with spring washers coming loose.
The choke pull lever kept coming disengaged. requiring some regular attention after 6 months.
Great price BUT a bit of a hassle.

Purchased in June 2018 at ALDI for $80.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Just brought one work fine so far

Just brought one work find will do one for the price I like it I will I have a work x timer but I go to do something different with this

Purchased in April 2019 for $39.00.

Noise Level

Waste of money and the after sales service is non existence

I bought the petrol blower vac 25.4cc on 12/10/2018 from ALDI Kilburn in South Australia I haven't use it yet I called you several times but you ignored me I can't start the machine every time I call, they told me a technician will get back to me, I start calling you since the day I bought several calls and an Email nothing happen is this company rob me of my money?

Purchased in October 2018 at ALDI for $59.99.

Not good enough.

Only used about 4 times. Last time was about 1/2 hr and engine stopped. Tried to start and the starter just slips. Plastic pawls in the starter are not good enough. Attaching the vac bag and associated piping is a pain.
Not happy. I'm going to buy a better brand.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A dozen uses and waste of time and money

I generally buy high end products (honda, husqavarna etc), but I thought I'd give a couple of Gardenline products a try.

I got a dozen starts before it broke, the pull cord would just slip every start attempt.
I opened the starter to find the plastic component in the starter assembly which engaged with the engine on start was worn out (by abrasion) due to poor design and material selection.

I couldn't find my receipt so I went to order a replacement starter mechanism using the code in the manual but completely out of stock, I wonder why!
When one eventually arrive I was shocked to find the wrong part. It seems they have multiple parts with the same part number, very bad practice.

When it worked it was gutless, poir velocities, the throttle would stick, would take a long time to start (my Honda starts in 1 pull every time) taking several attempts (with choke and primed). Switching to and from blower / vac was an inconvenient process.

last weekend I bought a ryobi 2 stroke. I then I realised how terrible this gardeline blower really is, not that Ryobi are top end but the difference is immense, so far the ryobi is amazing in comparison.

The gardenline chainsaw was terrible to, it lasted 30 minutes before the engine smoked! I won't buy anything from Aldi/ Gardenline with an engine again.

When I find the receipt i'll be taking it back, i guess you get what you pay for!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

it is perfect, good value for money

well very light, easy to handle, very useful for a woman, I use it for my courtyards, garage, driveway, veranda, no more sweeping using the broom it really is fun and you can get addicted, easy and fast to charge at night, very economical purchase, would buy it anytime again

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Hard to start

Hard to start my 4 stroke,worked well after difficult start,hung it up after using it.tried to start it today it's seized motor,hung up hot and oil drained from motor I think,now it's seized,have allways hung my blowers,allways had 2 stroke though,will go back to 2 stroke as they start allways.thickone

Date PurchasedApr 2018

value for money

My Stihl blower has given me great service for many years but was beginning to break down too often. Cost to repair on old machine l felt too much $130. Looked at new 4 stroke but for weekend garden work a little stiff and even new 2 stroke was $269 Aldi Gardenline caught my eye at only $159 4:stroke with 3 year warranty. So gave it a go. I would be happy to gave this machine 4 stars but l find it a little under power. No problems for general leaf/grass blowing but if you want anything more ??? Some have given very low review but perhapes its "horses for courses" so far so good never fails to start and keeps going. The way l look at it with a three warranty 159÷3=53 good value.

Fuel line problem

Same problem as lots of other reviews. About 10 months old and the fuel line has split, fuel everywhere, will check warranty period, if over will try and replace fuel line. Reluctant to take it to my mower place to look at, will just try and purchase fuel line. Otherwise works well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Absolute crap

As others stated, pull start broke after few uses. Was also told to drain the fuel/oil before they can accept it....luckily I had a container in the car. Very disappointed in the quality. In the future would rather stick to mower shops when buying garden equipment and stick to buying my groceries from Aldis

Rubbish

Purchased on the saturday pull start blew apart on the sunday absolute rubbish.
Took it to aldi for refund and they wanted me to drive an hour and a half home to empty fuel and clean the product. Does not state this is required anywhere on recipet.
Back to shopping at Woolworths now.

Do NOT Buy this RUBBISH product

The pull start mechanism which is made out of plastic broke after a few uses.
(Which I repaired myself with a piece of metal).
Several months later the pull cord broke mechanism broke. It is also made out of plastic.
Now the blower vac is useless. Can't start it.
Don't buy this.
$99 down the drain.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Fantastic ... when it runs.

It ran well from first use, and several times after, but then the throttle cable broke. I replaced the cable myself as Aldi didn't want to know about it, and nor did the maker for that matter. Again it ran well being used, on average once a week, until I turned it off one day and it wouldn't start the next. Replaced the spark plug, no start. Looks like I'll have to strip it down and look at the problems others say they've had with the full line etc. Simply frustrating.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Cant kill it with a stick

I picked up my blower vacc on the sell out table for 19.99...12 months used commercially in my mowing business..flogged it to death...cant kill it with a stick...identical design to far more expensive European design retailers. ..i used it as primarily as sucker but equally good as blower...extra decibels/wear earmuffs

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Works well if it works...

When working the blower vac works well in both blower and vac mode. I have now had 3 warranty repairs on it in 12 months. The pull start mechanism locked and I have had issues with both the fuel line and the part that holds the fuel line in. Finally got everything fixed and now the vac bag has disintegrated.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Best vac / blower on the market.

Bought garden line blower vac Jan.2011 has been bomb proof. The fuel pressure pump control is located very close to the plastic fuel lines If you are rough pressing this button you may distort or damage the fuel lines .Two pumps is all you need full choke one kick. back to normal then pullstart will start with two pulls. Some fuel lines are made of a type of silicone which are very soft and very strong if you have to replace them its very easy.5 mins. The vacuum side is super strong but doesn't like timber cuts from most mulch.
GEORGE.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Things that go wrong

I purchased the Gardenline brand blower and the powered hedge trimmer from Aldi on the same day, both were $99. The first thing to break was the fuel line. The quality of the fuel lines installed by the manufacturer is poor and they disintegrate, ( see reviews on this subject that have been around for years and it would seem that Gardenline don't particularly care.) Possibly due to ethanol fuels and I replaced them both with quality fuel lines. Last month the pull starter failed and it was replaced under warranty. The blower runs very well as does the trimmer . Should note that the repairer I went to told me that they were going to cease being an approved repairer for ALDI as the outside company that has the contract to support the Gardenline tools, only gives the repairer $30plus parts to do the repair. The repairer thought it was not worth their time to the repair for that money. On a positive note the blower starts well as long as you give it plenty of fuel by the priming pump and full choke when cold. Once started , flick the choke off and it will usually run as it should.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Just an update since my review of Dec 2016. I still use the blower nearly every week throughout the warmer months and less so during winter . Both the Aldi blower and trimmer are working well. I have not used the vac function on the blower.The blower pull starter failed once more and was replaced under warranty at no cost to me. The repairer was not impressed with the quality of the replacement part. You'd never purchase one of these if thy had only 12 month warranty.

garden line blower vac

bought it mid august used it once until november i started it about 6 times then pull start seized and now out of sixty day money back guarantee so stuck with something that will always be unreliable no matter how much time you repair it just cheap rubbish wish i could get money back but have been told to get it repaired

Date PurchasedAug 2016

One Star is generous

Bought this in Sep, 1st time use the starter rope came loose then seized up while operating. Took to warranty repairer, took 3 weeks because gardenline sent wrong part. Got it back, 1st day of use, the start cord again came loose, no traction to the pawl. Took back to Aldi, got full refund. Can't recommend Aldi enough in the service offering refund no drama. When I did use it, found engine got very hot and sits closer to your body when in use. Must have been unlucky compared to some others here

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Very Impressed

Put it together in minutes. Followed starting procedures and it started straight away. Perfect for my yard requirements. Great product at very low price $99 at Aldi. Highly recommend. Told my friends and family and they purchased blower with same results. Real value for money. Aldi only have products like this intermittently so will need to check online or mailers.

Date PurchasedOct 2016