GardenLine (Aldi) Petrol Blower

GardenLine (Aldi) Petrol Blower (page 2 of 3)

I returned my blower after only one use

I bought the Aldi product on price alone. I have been an avid Aldi shopper for years. This is the first Aldi product that I have been very disappoint with. I used it once and found it to be too heavy, my clothes were getting sucked in to the suction fan and the blowers air speed was insufficient. The petrol pump bulb is in a very awkward position, the choke pin is very flimsy, the stop start switch is cheap and nasty. I returned the blower to Aldi and got a refund, I went directly to Bunnings and bought the Homelite 26cc petrol blower. So much better in every aspect. I was happy to pay the extra $50 for the better product.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Decent blower

Got this blower from my grandpa a couple of years back. I won't say it's the best blower in the world, but it gets the job done, it's powerful and it's vacuum function is Ok. I am quite happy because it starts every time even when I haven't used it for a while.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Cheap....

I think this runs the same 26cc motor on there whipper snipper.
Someone i know got the whipper snipper and had running problems from day 1, started and worked, then would not start, flat spots while depressing the accelerator... he was very frustrated.
So i purchased the blower a few months later when released... i should have know better.., same problem.
I am currently trying to get a warranty repair. id prefer my money back TBH, because it just is not worth the time and hassle for value of the unit.
It is a lemon. Avoid like the plague. I should have known better because i purchase industrial grade concrete saws with 2 stroke engines, Husqvarna, Stihl etc.. and no probs. You soon work out why they cost twice the price.... they are twice as good and run twice as long in most *cases ( *although not always, but general rule of thumb)

Although, i would not let this perturb you from buying future Aldi petrol blowers, i believe they recently had a briggs and Stratton blower, and i was interested in it as a replacement as it was obviously from a more reputable company than Gardenline.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Poor design and build quality

Ok blowing works well but the bag is placed in such a way as to melt against the exhaust pipe. Starts reliably pops and goes really well.
Only had mine for 6 months hardly used it and the pawl for the starter rope broke that engages the crank shaft pulley. Where does one get parts?.
I suppose this is what you have to put up with when buying an unknown brand. I'll need to save nearly half a grand or more for a sthil that does the same bloody thing or wait to come across one at a garage sale to salvage parts off.

Quality is not the best

My blower has worked well and priced well. As others have found the fuel line is a problem, mine was replaced. My latest problem, the blower will not turn off. I have found some Aldi products poor quality. Aldi needs to check quality, as some of there other products are cheap and nasty.

Gardenline Blower Vac from Aldi Wonthaggi Victoria.---grouse

Bought to use as a garden vac only and has done a great job, too powerful at times, picking up rocks but great for getting dust,hedge clippings and leaves off the pool surrounds and patio. Unfortunately Collection bag went first and having trouble getting another. Stopped suddenly with no spark and local mower shop said not worth fixing, throw it away, but with a few tools and a spare hour I pulled it apart (very simple really) and found the problem was not a problem, just a safety cut out switch on the fan cover doing what is was supposed to do.... shut it down. Cleaned and put back together and now sucking like the proverbial. Go you beauty

Would I buy another? Quality control needs sorting.

This unit , like others, broke its fuel lines after some months, also pull start spring broke about 8 inches from outside retainer. Only starts well with full tank, lower level fuel causes cursing and swearing, with resultant physical rotator cuff shoulder problems due to non starting. Physio suggested a Honda easy start. I suggested he pay for it. Altogether, if you're handy repairing or want to buy a new unit every few years, this is a reasonably good unit. Waiting for spares... i AM saving up for a Honda blower vac and trimmer, and physio treatment to fix me and my Gardenline blower.
Aldi are great value with most products, but their buyers should look at quality control with all units...

Please note. The vacuum part of the blower will most likely burn a hole in the bag, after you get covered with debris as is sucks up dust and leaves. This is a problem with this unit.....Putting the bag on the right way doesnt really solve it. This sort of dust problem happens with most blowers that convert, but burning a hole in the bag really sucks....BUT after going back to the unit as a blower, make sure you insert the screw on the door, that allows the vacuum part to be reversed. A switch inside this door stops the blower from starting......and it cost me quite few hours to work this out..... Silly me.......Back to the manual.... Best use it as a blower only...and do not leave fuel in the blower after using it or storing it. It will lengthen the carburetors life.

Garden line petrol blower vac

Great price and very good to use when it worked.
Did not bother with vac too hard to swap over.
3 year warranty got a real work out.
Back once to replace carby, once to replace coil and finaly back this week to diagnose serious mechanical issue. Alas the unit could not be save and was returned to that Aldi store from which it came. They also returned my money.
Now to decide what to replace it with. This was my third blower.Unfortunately too many seem to have too many problems. Maybe a broom is best

Excellent for $90

Just over 2 years old and it started playing up, thought id have a go at fixing before buying another. After a little tinkering i deduced it was the fuel line, $3 for a small length and its back in operation. Think i paid $90 and i'd say well worth it, hasn't disappointed. Reading around it seems fuel lines breaking is a common thing.
Overall for $90 id give it an excellent 5*

A first class product which was unexpected at a price of $110 from Aldi

Aside from adding preservative to the fuel tank, this little machine has required absolutely no maintenance and has started up first pull every time.

I have now been using it for just twelve months and I am confident that it will go on delivering a first class performance. I consider it far superior to the electric blower vac that we have which involves trailing power cables and moves from power source to power source just to do the same job.

I wear ear muffs to limit the possible damage to my hearing and this does not represent any problem.

Cheap and cheerful leaf blower.

I've had this about 6 months and its been quite reliable. Stopped working the other day due to the fuel line snapping in two in the tank. $5 for a new fuel hose and back in business. Fuel hoses shouldn't really break in two for no reason, but this thing was so cheap that i don't really care if i need to fix the occasional issue. Would buy another one if this blew up.

It seems OK so far

I bought Gardenline Blower vac from Aldi a few years ago (as an emergency spare unit) but have just started to open the box yesterday. Following its manual, it got started with little fuss (much easier than what I anticipated). Thanks to other reviews which give me a warning on the potential split of the fuel line that I will need to keep an eye for it, obviously for safety. I only use it for blowing leaves only, mostly once/wk.
Pros: Good air jet, powerful, not as noisy as anticipated
Cons: A bit heavy, the air intake on the left, so if it is held on the right hand side, the trouser's fabric tends to get sucked in (livable issue).
BTW This is my 4th blower/Vac (1st=Homelite: very good, not powerful, used for 10 yrs, 2nd=A GMC blower/vac - petrol, the plastic impeller dissingtegrated in 3yrs, 3rd=B&D cordless, 3 yrs: handy for small job but weak, battery a little expensive to replace, 4th: Gardenline... yet to know more but a good start so far)

Few days ago I could not start it at all. Inspection reveal that the fail safe switch was a touch too far away due to vibration (may be) ie open circuit all the time. This safety switch is to prevent accidental start when the "inlet grill" is opened. Solution: - Open the grill (turn the black hand screw), - Loosen the two large screws holding the switch, move the switch closer to the impeller to allow engaging once the grill is put back in (close).

Split fuel line

Hardly used my gardenline blower Vac. I only use the blower a few times and the fuel hose has split. It keeps cutting out when the fuel level is only slightly low.

Bad Quality

Aldi, Blower Vac Gardenline, After only 6 months and not much use the main fuel line from tank to carbie, split in two places, fuel squirted everywhere, very dangerous! took the fuel line to my mower shop, he said the fuel line was not fuel rated! and never should have been sold like this! Lucky for me it didn't go up in smoke and burn me!

Bad design Flaws

Gardenline blower Vac started easily the first time, hard to start when warm, when assembled according to instructions exhaust burns a hole in Vac bag within 2 minutes of use

Blower vac gardenline

These people who write the negative comments on garden line products don't know what they're talking about i recently bought a mower and it is brilliant and the fact blower is brilliant to these people are not using them properly they are good products

Battery sucks.

I think we all get it now, the batteries on these things are a joke. Charges as normal, green light comes on, runs for approx. 90 seconds. Switch it off, wait a minute and it will run again for about 30 seconds. It would be quicker for me to get down on my hands and knees and blow the leaves away with my mouth. Aldi doesn't give a toss about the warranty after about two months or so. They sell these kind of things in their weekly catalogues and once gone, that's it. No point bringing a faulty product back for a replacement, as they generally have moved on to the next weekly special. They just tell you to get in touch with the manufacturer. This Gardenline mob has terrible after sales service. I will NEVER purchase a Gardenline product as long as I stroll this Earth. Other Aldi things have broken in the past, but this was the first powered Gardenline product I have purchased. In future, I'll just stick to buying food at Aldi. Why oh why did I donate my old Bosch electric leaf blower to the Salvation army??
Perfect if you can get the job done within 90 seconds.
Dreadful battery. 1 year warranty is total fail.

Same here, I think I'll stick to buying food only from Aldi

Works well for what it is

I have used my Vac/Blower and never had an issue, it starts after a couple of pulls and is effective and blowing the leaves im far too lazy to sweep off of the drive, the Vac has worked extreemly well in areas where leaves build up.
The only slight negative for me is the nature of swapping from one operation to the other but its minor.
Overall the product works very well for what it is intended to do and for the price I paid.
It works and starts with minimal fuss
swapping from vac to blow is the only thing I can think of

Terrible, Battery powered Blower

Product was a Gardenline 18V battery powered blower that worked for 3 weeks then failed Problem was it would run for 30sec then stop. Gardenline after sales support was a waste of time 2x emails 2x phone calls no response returned to ALDI for refund.

Will not buy another GardenLine product
does not have any

Fitted bag to blower vac as per instructions and the first time I used it the bag fell across the exhaust, because it hangs on that side, and burnt a hole in it? Can anyone tell me where to get a new bag. I have not been able to fine a number to call and by the looks of it is is a waste of time here comes a refund.

Great little machine

had it over 12months, don't have a problem with it , starts every time...& I'm a woman, I figure if I can get it started anyone can &
I'm not mechanically minded. It's not that hard to change over, from blower to vacc, just patience & a bit of strength. If I can start it, that's good enough for me.
reliable