ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

3.1

Wow - how dodgy

fuel priming problem - The priming pump seems to pressurise the fuel tank no problem but absolutely no fuel to the carby. And the chain lube leaks oil everywhere! Cant get a service shop to even look at it.

Purchased in December 2017 at ALDI.

Rocko Wallaby

Rocko WallabyGold Coast

Useless product, and forget any warranty claim!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
klr_rider1

klr_rider1Canberra

Aldi Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw

I bought this chainsaw for $A149. I tried unsuccessfully to start it for 4 days. I even changed the sparkplug. I also tried Start ya aerosol spray.The Manual contradicts itself on the starting procedure. The Manual does not provide information on options to replace the Chinese sparkplug, After 4 days, I returned it to Aldi and received a full refund. With my refund, I bought a Stihl Mini Boss MS 170 chainsaw which does start.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020) compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

John R. M.asked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I purchased an Aldi chainsaw 2020, I cannot start the machine as I do not have the strength to start the unit. It has kicked back and thrown me on a couple of attempts to start the saw.
How can I fix this saw so I can fix it for me to be able to start instead of waiting for stronger people to start it.

John R. M.asked

Chainsaw user

That’s just how chainsaws work. Your only option is to return it and buy a chainsaw that uses e-start technology as these are very easy to pull

John R. M.

Should ALDI advertise the fact that this chainsaw is not an E-Start technology machine , but high compression unit.
I assume E-Start technology is a decompression switch like large cc motor bikes have.

Petendel

Petendelasked

Hi Guys

Have a 4 stroke model purchased May last year. It won't run and seems to starved of fuel. Primer button only draws air. It leaks petrol when vertical with handle down. Broken Capillary? Has done about 10 hours work. Next step? Location is near Melbourne metro area.

Chainsaw user

In the manual it should have a number to call for after sales support, they’ll be able to service and repair it

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Compare all 9 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) A$149.00
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cutting
Bar Length41 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain Tensioning
Engine Displacement53 cc