120 questions from our users

Gail M.

Gail M.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Where can l get a new pull start for my ferrex chainsaw

Sue

I don’t think you will be able to. We tried to get it fixed at a service centre and he couldn’t get parts. We threw it in the bin.

Tony W.

Tony W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 45cc Chainsaw (Apr 2016, Oct 2016, Aug 2017, Sep 2018, Oct 2019)

I have a chainsaw brought from Aldi’s with the adjustment set up not working where do we need to take to be repaired or replaced

Suzanne

Suzanneasked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

Hi where can I buy the chains to suit this model can’t seem to find them anywhere. What is the part number please

Mouhannad

Mouhannadasked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

How to change the chainsaw? How to tighten the chain ? Any user manual for this chainsaw ?

Deb
Deb

When we tried our with no success initially, I noticed that the on symbol (I) was directly under the word STOP if you look closely. We put the switch the opposite way to which we had it and it started. The trouble is can’t remember which way we had the switch first. We’ll find out today. Also if you keep pressing the fuel bubble you may flood it, so let it rest a while before trying again.

Mark W.

Mark W.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Have been unable to start at all .compression really strong.bought 1 hour ago .any tips

Joe M.

Joe M.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

My chain has come off how do I put it back on as never had one before?

Hansasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Have fueled the chainsaw and followed the starting instructions. The engine won't kick over. Had a look in the book and checked the spark plug lead, reconnected and tried again, still no start, there is no indication of engine firing. What is the next step?

Rowena
Rowena

Hi, my Dad has the exact same problem with his. We couldn't start it on the weekend and he called warranty service this morning - waiting for a call back I'll keep you posted.

Hans

I contacted support by phone the same day and got a reply, went through a few tests by phone and they advised to take it back and exchange. Did that and the new one sfarted ok.

TonyRasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How do you adjust saw blade tension,I can't move the green or black wheels?

TonyR

Sorted. Easy when you actually work out how!

Alan C

Alan Casked

Petrol Chainsaw

What oil do I use in this?

George P.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

I have a Gardenline 37cc chainsaw its equipped with a Ruixing carburettor - I need to know the following:
1. What model in the Ruixing carburettor?
2. Where can I buy a suitable replacement gasket kit and a complete carburettor servicing kit - IE gaskets, needle and seat etc.

Marja k.

Marja k.asked

Are there any petrol chainsaws as of today 27/03

George P.

(1)what brand of carburettor does a Gardenline 37cc chainsaw have?
(2) where can I buy carburettor gasket replacement kit?

John Leitnerasked

Petrol Chainsaw

My 45cc Ferrex chainsaw, I cannot adjust the chain, brake is off but nothing turns, red ring or even the black dial just no movement

Sue

I had same problem, took it to repairer who said ALDI garden tools were virtually not fixable. No parts available. Even though it was under warranty the serviceman for Aldi was too far away to bother taking it. We threw it away and the blower vac also from Aldi which stopped working after 6 months. My advice is learn from our mistakes and stop buying Aldi garden tools it’s just not worth the hassle

John Leitner

Hi Sue, Thanks for your reply, but my unit was only used once, so decided to lokk myself - 30 mins later with a lot of elbow grease, I finally got the black dial released. pulled the components apart and lubricated. It is now working better than new and works really well.

john b

john basked

Petrol Chainsaw

why is petrol is leaking when I turn the chainsaw on its side?

Sue

We gave up after taking it to a serviceman for repair who said it wasn’t worth fixing and can’t get parts. We through it out!

Ted Sasked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where can I get a new ignition coil for my gardenline chainsaw ?

Ted S

where can I get an ignition coil for my garden line chainsaw ?

Kim

Kimasked

How much are t they

$99.99

Petri M.

Petri M.asked

Paul
Paul

Any good quality 2 stroke oil preferably fully synthetic, if its good enough for Enduro and Motocross racing its good enough for a small engine.

Wesley W.

Wesley W.asked

26cc Chainsaw (Oct 2014)

How does the oil get to the blade? I can't find any sign of oil coming through. Ive taken the bar off and cleaned everything but still can't see where the oil is supposed to come from.

Lindsay W.

Lindsay W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Hi Do you have a parts list and user manual for the above chainsaw.

ASHRAF A.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

i bought from both brand Gardenline and ferrex but i need spare parts like chain and bars where i can find them? i appreciate if you can forward a number where i can find spare parts

accadakka
accadakka

chain... you can buy from Bunnings. Just count the number of links

and what about the bar

ASHRAF A.

the chain bar< Where can i get it from?

Mateygeese

Mateygeeseasked

54.6cc Chainsaw (Apr 2017)

Is this model still available