122 questions from our users

ASHRAF A.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

i bought from both brand Gardenline and ferrex but i need spare parts like chain and bars where i can find them? i appreciate if you can forward a number where i can find spare parts

accadakka
accadakka

chain... you can buy from Bunnings. Just count the number of links

and what about the bar

ASHRAF A.

the chain bar< Where can i get it from?

Mateygeese

Mateygeeseasked

54.6cc Chainsaw (Apr 2017)

Is this model still available

L Goldie

L Goldieasked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where is the mixture screw on my model number is csp41?

Michelle W.

Michelle W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

what oil do you put in to the chainsaw? is it the oil that came in the box?

2 stroke oil from bunnings

RFBA

RFBAasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Can I use any bar and chain saw oil? No oil specs in the manual.

Heath McInerney

I wouldn't. Too sticky for engine bearings. Use engine oil for eg; 15w/40 or similar

Four stroke engine oil. Only

Colinb

Colinbasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

How do I get this chainsaw to run ? Finally got it started after many dramas and removing spark plug to clean it . Also the handle on pull cord snapped as it hit the saw body on recoil . Finally got it started , cut one branch & then it died ..
I’m prepared for some problems with a low priced item but I at least expect it to start & run

will

try different choke settings other than that i don't know why it dosent run

Tvertsin
Tvertsin

I have the same problem. it starts ok (though I had to buy a ew sparkplug from China) bus as soon as I try to accelerate it splutter and dies .

Christine H.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Why is oil pouring out when trying to cut wood
Brand new only used 10 min

Heath McInerney

By pouring out you mean???? I hope to not treat anybody like an idiot, but you do know that oil is put onto the chain to lubricate it. If you hold the saw "close" to a peace of wood and squeeze the trigger a small amount of oil will spray on the wood. Your tank of oil should last a little longer than a tank of fuel

Christine H.

yes we do know that the oil is put on chain to lubricate , but didn't think oil needed to lubricate handle and husbands shoes while using chainsaw.

Jt dy

Jt dyasked

Where can i buy a new pull starter for a 45 cc garden line chainsaw thnx john

elizabeth h.
elizabeth h.

mixture petrol oil mix ratio

Bill H.

Bill H.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I got a ferrex chainsaw for Father’s Day and it won’t run long enough to try it out can I return it for a refund ?

YES YOU CAN RETURN IT.

Colinb

Colinbasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Is ferrex synthetic 4 stroke oil suitable for this product or the ferrex chain & bar oil ?

Grandmama

Grandmamaasked

Petrol Chainsaw

What colour is Gardenline Bar & Chain oil supposed to be ? Product purchased by me is blue in colour and not "tacky". I thought Bar & Chain oil was supposted to be a "honey" shade ? Please advise,

Michae

Michaeasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Can I buy parts for for hedge trimmer attachment for brush cutter

Geoff

Geoffasked

Petrol Chainsaw

Gardenline 50712 37cc Petrol Chainsaw. Can I get a replacement “Recoil Pull starter rewind pulley” ? If yes, WHERE?
Thanks.
Geoff Stephenson

Stephen K.

Stephen K.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

oil for chain not getting thru I have cleaned everthing

Stephen K.

Stephen K.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

chain oil not coming thru to chain I have cleaned everything

Michael P.

Michael P.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Howiya do I tighten the chain on my 41cc petrol saw,it's a "No Tool" sprocket you turn by hand but I can't seem to manage it. Please help...

Carl A
Carl A

Sorry I haven't got an answer ... but I do have the same problem. The locking wheel simply won't turn (either way) so can't adjust the chain tension. VERY frustrating.

Mike O.
Mike O.

You've got to:
Have chain lock off
Align tensioning peg with hole in blade
Tighten bolt (outer ring on double wheel with slide out lever)
Once unit is snug, go ahead and tension a little.
Chain snug on bar and around cog and free to move around bar? ( In missing loads here as as your doing all this you've got to keep chain in place... Easiest, not very!?, Way I've found so far it's too hang chainsaw vertically by tip of blade)

Tension, ( with top bolt ring wound back from snug my half rotation ONLY, else you'll end up pinging pin and clutch cover out...)

Recheck chain tension pin is located in hole in bar.
Tension chain.
Re tighten bar clamp wheel ( one with slide out lever bar) to very firm snug ( approx 40 lbs torque??)

Also! Re read manual. It's all there just not explained well or most important/vital steps emphasized

Rudi B.

Rudi B.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where I can get chain oregon double guard 91. I live in hastings.

Hayley B.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

We brought the chain saw & Assembled it then put it in the shed. 4 months have passed & ready to use it. After mixing the fuel & adding it, it won’t start or idle at all.

Luke R.

check the fuel line going from the tank to the carby. Both mine and my fathers had the same issue, the fuel line had degraded. We replaced with some clear fuel line from bunnings - and both are working like they should be.

Hayley B.

Thank you so much. I’ll have a look :)

Sara

Saraasked

Petrol Chainsaw

what type of oil do i put in my saw? It came with a white bottle with a black lid with liquid in it. Is this what I use? and what do I use when I need more?

Luke R.

the oil hole is for bar oil, it's used to lube the chain.

other than that, it's a 2 stroke mix which you can just buy the little bottles of oil from the servo, and just re-use the empty container with the same grade oil every time you re-fill your petrol can.

Cal B.

Cal B.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

How do you actually engage the chain to cut

Luke R.

pull back on the chain brake. It's the big plastic handle looking thing in front of your top handle.