• Safety

klr_rider1

klr_rider1Canberra

Aldi Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw

I bought this chainsaw for $A149. I tried unsuccessfully to start it for 4 days. I even changed the sparkplug. I also tried Start ya aerosol spray.The Manual contradicts itself on the starting procedure. The Manual does not provide information on options to replace the Chinese sparkplug, After 4 days, I returned it to Aldi and received a full refund. With my refund, I bought a Stihl Mini Boss MS 170 chainsaw which does start.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Works good but is cheaply made

Workss good plenty of power, but safety brake broke chain got hot and stretched with caused the chain to wear out the chain bar cost me $90 to get fixed as l lost my reset so if your just looking for something to use every now and then ok but not to use alot

Date PurchasedMay 2016

POS

Started once now won't start. No customer service available because the product is discontinued. Leaks fuel everywhere. Stay clear & don't purchase.
This chainsaw started once after an hour of priming & a sore shoulder. Cut 2 trees & now wont start after almost an hour again of pulling & priming.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

I guess you get what you pay for

It is often true you get what you pay for, however I have been, mostly, pleasantly surprised by products sold by ALDI so needing a chain saw for a few odd jobs purchased a Gardenline 45CC petrol unit. My experience has been like many others cannot get the Chainsaw to start. After fruitless hours of trying different starting settings changing spark plugs, checking fuel etc finally gave up, only had one little stutter (just to get my hopes up) and that as that. This product seems to have a hit and miss reputation, my recommendation is if you buy one try it straightaway if you have issues take it straight back and get a refund or exchange it until you get one that actually starts, then hang on to the receipt and warranty.

Don't buy it

Bought in February 2017 should have not bothered, oil leaks, chain easily loosens, under slight load slips spend extra go with a known brand I have used this to cut down a palm tree it couldn't keep up maybe ok with soft green wood rubbish for palms after every cut had to turn off tighten chain.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

GreenOz

GreenOzAU

Clutch could be the problem sometimes

I am surprised how such cheap chainsaw perform. Starts very easy every time, specifically after stopped while still warm. Some problems with chain falling off and clutch that keep slipping terribly while the smallest bit of oil gets from oiled bar very easy. Overall quite not bad chainsaw for the price, enough power to fall 30 cm trees.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Can't beat this saw for the price.

I bought the 16" garden line saw from my local Aldis on the clearance rack 8+ years ago. I've dropped gum trees with it and cut piles of firewood. It threw a bit of bar oil about at one point. A little twist on the screw on the bottom put a stop to that fairly quick. Now it runs a tank of lube to tank of fuel. the old girl starts by the third pull every time. I've only had to tune the carby once and she runs like a champ. Best $100 I've spent on a no name tool ever.

Date PurchasedOct 2009

phil McTernan

phil McTernanBrisbane

Aldi Gardenline chain saw. 16" bar

I tryed to break it

I've tryed to destroy mine added s longer bar n chain used it on only large iron bark logs (1m+ round) n it's never missed a beat. Starts easy. Only complaint is it vibarates like a mofo n is thirsty af but what do u expect for 100 bucks.. the stihl saw has required more maintenance but I guess it is older

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Ausmara

AusmaraSydney

What a rubbish 12" Aldi Chain saw

I bought the 12" garden liner chainsaw about a year ago and used it once to cut a small size tree. After a year I needed to use it again and the fuel supply line had cracks and holes and started leaking. The plastic fuel line is clearly not fit for the purpose. What a rubbish product !

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Patrick

PatrickCanberra

Starts everytime... good little chainsaw for under $100

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Waste of money

The chainsaw that I purchased is about 2 months old, never cut a branch and started only once. I needed to use it today and it would not start. Although the chainsaw only cost $100 it is not fit for purpose. If you are thinking about buying a chainsaw do yourself a favour don,t buy an Aldi Chainsaw. Lift your game ALDI, most people who shop at you stores expect goods to last for a little while

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Blake.wisse

Blake.wisseBrisbane

Burnt for the last time

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Aldi 12" saw.

Bought Aldi garden line chain saw 12" have had 3 years I've cut Cyprus trees 40' up in cherry picker all day long you need a dependable saw doing that type of work. Take it with me when I camp I have a stil saw bought Aldi one for back up works just as hard as stil. I find if you run 50 to 1 petrol oil no probs. Also you've got to tune them properly they don't come that well tuned cheers.

aldi chainsaw 45cc

Could not start the chainsaw. After changing the china made spark plug with a Champion RCJ7Y spark plug. It started after 2 pulls, all good.
Do yourself a favour and a lot of arm strength, just bay the new PLUG. It does the job for the handyman around the home.

Dan

DanBendigo

Poorly Designed

Do not buy this brand of chainsaw, it is very similar to the Sunseeker brand (made in China), whereby the start recoil mechanism is too inferior to normal quality design standards and incapable of normal starting operations.
Whilst I was happy with the operating performance it is the inferior plastic used in the strating mechanism that lets it down.
I could not return the Sunseeker as the guarantee address and contact details did not exist, whereas the chainsaw purchased from Aldi did have these details and therefore managed to obtain a full refund.

Poor machine and poor service.

Chainsaw didn't start from the first attempt. Tried on multiple occasions and checked spark plugs, fuel etc. but still couldn't get it to start. My fault that I waited too long to take it back but now have to take it myself to a service centre at my cost. Cheap piece of rubbish.

Moriarty2

Moriarty2AU

Dissapointment Extreme

I use chainsaws a lot, thought this was a bargain so bought one. Recoil is extreme, hard to start and runs for about 2 minutes then cuts out, chain is as blunt as you could get and keeps coming extremely loose. Really cheap quality and not even worth the cheap price it's sold for. This thing is going in the bin and a real waste of money on my part. Would take it back to Aldi and ask for a replacement, but can't see the point as from these reviews it seems they are all the same. One to avoid and will not be buying anything similar from Aldi in future, had my eye on a pool pump but this has really put me off cheap products.

Gardenline chain saw dissapointment

Bought one just before Christmas ..only got to put together last weekend....Same as some of the others.. started for 30 seconds & that was it. Nearly tore my arm off with the recoil.Spent quite a bit of time on it even tried a brand new plug to NO avail & now they Gardenline inform me I have to take it to one of their service agents. What a waste of time.

Michael

Michael

Big Disappointment

The price seemed good so I bought it. I assembled it and followed the starting instructions to the letter. It ran for around 5 seconds and I was not able to start it again. I rang the service centre, which was nearby and they told me it would be a minimum of 10 days before they could even look at it. The instructions say that the service centre can adjust the carb if necessary but I didn't expect it would take so long. So I returned it. At Aldi, they asked me if there was petrol in it. When I told them there was and they said they couldn't take it back until I emptied it. So I had to return home to empty the petrol, then go back to Aldi to get my money back.