• Safety

aldi chainsaw 45cc

Could not start the chainsaw. After changing the china made spark plug with a Champion RCJ7Y spark plug. It started after 2 pulls, all good.
Do yourself a favour and a lot of arm strength, just bay the new PLUG. It does the job for the handyman around the home.

Dan

DanBendigo

Poorly Designed

Do not buy this brand of chainsaw, it is very similar to the Sunseeker brand (made in China), whereby the start recoil mechanism is too inferior to normal quality design standards and incapable of normal starting operations.
Whilst I was happy with the operating performance it is the inferior plastic used in the strating mechanism that lets it down.
I could not return the Sunseeker as the guarantee address and contact details did not exist, whereas the chainsaw purchased from Aldi did have these details and therefore managed to obtain a full refund.

JohnR

JohnRSydney, NSW

Poor machine and poor service.

Chainsaw didn't start from the first attempt. Tried on multiple occasions and checked spark plugs, fuel etc. but still couldn't get it to start. My fault that I waited too long to take it back but now have to take it myself to a service centre at my cost. Cheap piece of rubbish.

Moriarty2

Moriarty2AU

Dissapointment Extreme

I use chainsaws a lot, thought this was a bargain so bought one. Recoil is extreme, hard to start and runs for about 2 minutes then cuts out, chain is as blunt as you could get and keeps coming extremely loose. Really cheap quality and not even worth the cheap price it's sold for. This thing is going in the bin and a real waste of money on my part. Would take it back to Aldi and ask for a replacement, but can't see the point as from these reviews it seems they are all the same. One to avoid and will not be buying anything similar from Aldi in future, had my eye on a pool pump but this has really put me off cheap products.

Shoes

ShoesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gardenline chain saw dissapointment

Bought one just before Christmas ..only got to put together last weekend....Same as some of the others.. started for 30 seconds & that was it. Nearly tore my arm off with the recoil.Spent quite a bit of time on it even tried a brand new plug to NO avail & now they Gardenline inform me I have to take it to one of their service agents. What a waste of time.

Michael

Michael

Big Disappointment

The price seemed good so I bought it. I assembled it and followed the starting instructions to the letter. It ran for around 5 seconds and I was not able to start it again. I rang the service centre, which was nearby and they told me it would be a minimum of 10 days before they could even look at it. The instructions say that the service centre can adjust the carb if necessary but I didn't expect it would take so long. So I returned it. At Aldi, they asked me if there was petrol in it. When I told them there was and they said they couldn't take it back until I emptied it. So I had to return home to empty the petrol, then go back to Aldi to get my money back.

Matt

MattMelbourne

Not bad but no Stihl or Husqvana

This saw didn't start out of the box.

After finding it had no spark but with a secondary coil voltage (digital multimeter set at 20ohms between the boot and ground), I replaced the crappy plug with a champion and it fired first pull.

The carb settings were not helping either. Screw the High & low jets all the way in and then back out 2 turns for high and 1.5 low. After powering up to full throttle, lean off (screw in) the high until the engine is developing its full RPM possible then out .25 so as to not run too lean. Next? play with low to get a stable idle.

It's actually not a bad junk saw (the one you'd lend out to friends or leave in the rain when camping) for the price.

S J

Ray59

Ray59Newcastle

Yet To Let Me Down

Absolute crap

I bought the chainsaw and from word go it would not start just about ripped my arm off took it back to aldi replaced it and the same thing happened wouldnt start avoid like the plague rubbish.

Wiz.auWoden 2606, ACT

Same as the others...hard to start, won't start hot.

great little chainsaw

I have had large commercial size chainsaws all my life and use them regularly on the farm, but bought the Aldi for pruning which it is just perfect for. If you want a chainsaw to cut down trees then you don't buy this one. Fit for purpose is what it is all about and the Gardenline chainsaw is just that.

cluck

cluckBrisbane

Albolute Rubbish

Worked a few times but less that 4 weeks it will not run. Is was always a totally annoying to start, but finally it runs for 3 seconds and cuts out.
Absolute rubbish. I will return for refund or just throw away this is not worth the time or effort.
Got a refund from Aldi.

PS: They don't like it if you return it with fuel, they don't like you tipping the fuel in carpark either ;)

Chezapie

ChezapieSydney, NSW

Too heavy!!

This is no 'lightweight'. I thought this tool would be the answer to my needs, a motorised electric pruner (reducing petrol weight) with telescopic variable reach plus a section of the blade that could be angled for what I thought would be perfect to trim the top of a hedge from ground level. Not so, the 'angle' was wrong for a horizontal prune but above all else, the entire tool was much too heavy to even lift let alone operate, even my husband couldn't life it.
The concept
Too heavy

A Bloody beauty.

I've had one now for well over a year and no problem with starting at all, I live in the country so use it often for fire wood and have cut big trees down with it never a moments trouble if ever it dies I'll buy another one no problem, and the chain sharpener I bought at the same time is also a beauty also no problem. and the oil leaking is a hazard with all chain saws Ive found over the years just sit them on a small drum and catch the oil to re-use.
Light easy to use, always starts.

Gardenline 50cc chainsaw fine when fixed

If you can be bothered doing a few repairs this is a good saw. 1. A gasket needs to be fashioned behind the the plate behind the chain bar, I used 1mm double sided tape from bigW, Do Not replace the retaining screw. 2. O rings need to be fitted to air filter, 31mm under filter a 5 mm on top. 3. Starting is not explained correctly in the instructions. While holding throttle in the full throttle position, pull out choke fully, let go of throttle then the choke, pull cord 2 to 3 times, push in choke, should then start easily.
Light and powerful
Not finished properly from the factory

Moose
Moose
Jimbo10
Jimbo10

When working it works

When it works it does well, plenty of power and fairly light weight. However, it is a terror to get started. It takes a lot of effort. It cannot be stored with oiler in the chain oiler as it leaks. The pull starter breaks. Could be resolved if was easier to start.
Light weight and cuts well when started
Hard to start, pull start breaks, leaks from the chain oiler

Gotta Agree

My review is similar to the last two reviews. It is a great little saw if you can get it started. It does leak chain oil when stored. However the most damming thing about the saw is trying to get is started. After getting caught with a hedge trimmer that would not start, I was not going to get taken again and returned this for refund. I will give Aldi that, no questions asked, returned with cash refund.
Price and lightweight.
Very hard to start initially and would not start at all after that.

ron93
ron93

it worked fine for some time.after that fitted new spark plug and reset fuel air mixture,its good now.