• Safety

Single use chainsaw

Worked fine once last year. I drained, cleaned and stored it properly. It starts this year but won't keep running, and yes I am using correct mix of fresh fuel. It's going back for a refund.

Purchased in September 2019.

Sue

SueTuggerah

unreliable

Used once on small bush. Worked for 20 minutes then nothing. Chain won’t turn. Don’t bother with this one. Leaks fuel and oil Really not buying anymore electrical stuff from ALDI. Too unreliable Finally learned my lesson

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

Melissa D.

Melissa D.Illawarra, NSW

Faulty product.

Safety bar won't disengage. Can't cut anything because the chainsaw doesn't work. Waste of money don't bother buying one. No video on the website either. Very unhappy with this product.

Wow - how dodgy

fuel priming problem - The priming pump seems to pressurise the fuel tank no problem but absolutely no fuel to the carby. And the chain lube leaks oil everywhere! Cant get a service shop to even look at it.

Purchased in December 2017 at ALDI.

Rocko Wallaby

Rocko WallabyGold Coast

Useless product, and forget any warranty claim!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
klr_rider1

klr_rider1Canberra

Aldi Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw

I bought this chainsaw for $A149. I tried unsuccessfully to start it for 4 days. I even changed the sparkplug. I also tried Start ya aerosol spray.The Manual contradicts itself on the starting procedure. The Manual does not provide information on options to replace the Chinese sparkplug, After 4 days, I returned it to Aldi and received a full refund. With my refund, I bought a Stihl Mini Boss MS 170 chainsaw which does start.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

POS

Started once now won't start. No customer service available because the product is discontinued. Leaks fuel everywhere. Stay clear & don't purchase.
This chainsaw started once after an hour of priming & a sore shoulder. Cut 2 trees & now wont start after almost an hour again of pulling & priming.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

I guess you get what you pay for

It is often true you get what you pay for, however I have been, mostly, pleasantly surprised by products sold by ALDI so needing a chain saw for a few odd jobs purchased a Gardenline 45CC petrol unit. My experience has been like many others cannot get the Chainsaw to start. After fruitless hours of trying different starting settings changing spark plugs, checking fuel etc finally gave up, only had one little stutter (just to get my hopes up) and that as that. This product seems to have a hit and miss reputation, my recommendation is if you buy one try it straightaway if you have issues take it straight back and get a refund or exchange it until you get one that actually starts, then hang on to the receipt and warranty.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Don't buy it

Bought in February 2017 should have not bothered, oil leaks, chain easily loosens, under slight load slips spend extra go with a known brand I have used this to cut down a palm tree it couldn't keep up maybe ok with soft green wood rubbish for palms after every cut had to turn off tighten chain.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Ausmara

AusmaraSydney

What a rubbish 12" Aldi Chain saw

I bought the 12" garden liner chainsaw about a year ago and used it once to cut a small size tree. After a year I needed to use it again and the fuel supply line had cracks and holes and started leaking. The plastic fuel line is clearly not fit for the purpose. What a rubbish product !

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Waste of money

The chainsaw that I purchased is about 2 months old, never cut a branch and started only once. I needed to use it today and it would not start. Although the chainsaw only cost $100 it is not fit for purpose. If you are thinking about buying a chainsaw do yourself a favour don,t buy an Aldi Chainsaw. Lift your game ALDI, most people who shop at you stores expect goods to last for a little while

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Blake.wisse

Blake.wisseBrisbane

Burnt for the last time

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Dan

DanBendigo

Poorly Designed

Do not buy this brand of chainsaw, it is very similar to the Sunseeker brand (made in China), whereby the start recoil mechanism is too inferior to normal quality design standards and incapable of normal starting operations.
Whilst I was happy with the operating performance it is the inferior plastic used in the strating mechanism that lets it down.
I could not return the Sunseeker as the guarantee address and contact details did not exist, whereas the chainsaw purchased from Aldi did have these details and therefore managed to obtain a full refund.

JohnR

JohnRSydney, NSW

Poor machine and poor service.

Chainsaw didn't start from the first attempt. Tried on multiple occasions and checked spark plugs, fuel etc. but still couldn't get it to start. My fault that I waited too long to take it back but now have to take it myself to a service centre at my cost. Cheap piece of rubbish.

Moriarty2

Moriarty2AU

Dissapointment Extreme

I use chainsaws a lot, thought this was a bargain so bought one. Recoil is extreme, hard to start and runs for about 2 minutes then cuts out, chain is as blunt as you could get and keeps coming extremely loose. Really cheap quality and not even worth the cheap price it's sold for. This thing is going in the bin and a real waste of money on my part. Would take it back to Aldi and ask for a replacement, but can't see the point as from these reviews it seems they are all the same. One to avoid and will not be buying anything similar from Aldi in future, had my eye on a pool pump but this has really put me off cheap products.

Shoes

ShoesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gardenline chain saw dissapointment

Bought one just before Christmas ..only got to put together last weekend....Same as some of the others.. started for 30 seconds & that was it. Nearly tore my arm off with the recoil.Spent quite a bit of time on it even tried a brand new plug to NO avail & now they Gardenline inform me I have to take it to one of their service agents. What a waste of time.

Michael

Michael

Big Disappointment

The price seemed good so I bought it. I assembled it and followed the starting instructions to the letter. It ran for around 5 seconds and I was not able to start it again. I rang the service centre, which was nearby and they told me it would be a minimum of 10 days before they could even look at it. The instructions say that the service centre can adjust the carb if necessary but I didn't expect it would take so long. So I returned it. At Aldi, they asked me if there was petrol in it. When I told them there was and they said they couldn't take it back until I emptied it. So I had to return home to empty the petrol, then go back to Aldi to get my money back.

S J

S JSydney

Had So Much Promise

Absolute crap

I bought the chainsaw and from word go it would not start just about ripped my arm off took it back to aldi replaced it and the same thing happened wouldnt start avoid like the plague rubbish.

Wiz.auWoden 2606, ACT

Same as the others...hard to start, won't start hot.

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Johnnyous D.

Johnnyous D.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where can I get a chain for my chainsaw at ?

Bunnings

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $99.99$99.99$149.00$99.00
Use PruningPruning, Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cutting and Tree felling, sawlog prep, and millingPruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cuttingPruning
Bar Length20 cm36 cm41 cm40 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain TensioningAnti-Vibration System
Power (kW)1.5 kW
  • 22 Oct 2016
  • 19 Aug 2017
  • 1 Sep 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateApr 2021Apr 2021Mar 2018Apr 2016