• Safety
sandra davis

sandra davisPerth, WA

It never started - the chord broke and when I fixed it still wouldn't start.

Chord broke on the first pull. I wasted time fixing it, re-read the instructions twice but I could not get it to work at all. Tried time and again to contact Aldi and got nowhere. What a waste of time and money.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for $99.00.

Pierre P.

Pierre P.Sydney, NSW

It's so bad DOS not start even is brand new

Not easy to start even did not start at all I did every thing the book said and did not start I did ring the support line about 4 time and every time the is they will ring u and they never did thx u for the bad service

Purchased in April 2021 at ALDI for $99.99.

Single use chainsaw

Worked fine once last year. I drained, cleaned and stored it properly. It starts this year but won't keep running, and yes I am using correct mix of fresh fuel. It's going back for a refund.

Purchased in September 2019.

Sue

SueTuggerah

unreliable

Used once on small bush. Worked for 20 minutes then nothing. Chain won’t turn. Don’t bother with this one. Leaks fuel and oil Really not buying anymore electrical stuff from ALDI. Too unreliable Finally learned my lesson

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

Melissa D.

Melissa D.Illawarra, NSW

Faulty product.

Safety bar won't disengage. Can't cut anything because the chainsaw doesn't work. Waste of money don't bother buying one. No video on the website either. Very unhappy with this product.

Wow - how dodgy

fuel priming problem - The priming pump seems to pressurise the fuel tank no problem but absolutely no fuel to the carby. And the chain lube leaks oil everywhere! Cant get a service shop to even look at it.

Purchased in December 2017 at ALDI.

Not bad

Works very well but struggled with larger wood diameters. Got quite warm /hot after about 30 mins use. Would recommend for home use. For the price it was a decent buy. ALDI return policy is very good however so not too big a risk if you do decide to return.

Rocko Wallaby

Rocko WallabyGold Coast

Useless product, and forget any warranty claim!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Sully62

Sully62

Chain will not tighten

Started my chainsaw up on Saturday no problem, eventually chain loosened, read the instructions how to tighten, unlocked it but the dial won't turn to tighten or to loosen, cane home very disappointed. Anyone any ideas ??? Struggled for ages trying to tighten it. Will have to buy firewood now. Wife not impress.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

klr_rider1

klr_rider1Canberra

Aldi Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw

I bought this chainsaw for $A149. I tried unsuccessfully to start it for 4 days. I even changed the sparkplug. I also tried Start ya aerosol spray.The Manual contradicts itself on the starting procedure. The Manual does not provide information on options to replace the Chinese sparkplug, After 4 days, I returned it to Aldi and received a full refund. With my refund, I bought a Stihl Mini Boss MS 170 chainsaw which does start.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

POS

Started once now won't start. No customer service available because the product is discontinued. Leaks fuel everywhere. Stay clear & don't purchase.
This chainsaw started once after an hour of priming & a sore shoulder. Cut 2 trees & now wont start after almost an hour again of pulling & priming.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

I guess you get what you pay for

It is often true you get what you pay for, however I have been, mostly, pleasantly surprised by products sold by ALDI so needing a chain saw for a few odd jobs purchased a Gardenline 45CC petrol unit. My experience has been like many others cannot get the Chainsaw to start. After fruitless hours of trying different starting settings changing spark plugs, checking fuel etc finally gave up, only had one little stutter (just to get my hopes up) and that as that. This product seems to have a hit and miss reputation, my recommendation is if you buy one try it straightaway if you have issues take it straight back and get a refund or exchange it until you get one that actually starts, then hang on to the receipt and warranty.

Don't buy it

Bought in February 2017 should have not bothered, oil leaks, chain easily loosens, under slight load slips spend extra go with a known brand I have used this to cut down a palm tree it couldn't keep up maybe ok with soft green wood rubbish for palms after every cut had to turn off tighten chain.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
phil McTernan

phil McTernanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aldi Gardenline chain saw. 16" bar

Ausmara

AusmaraSydney

What a rubbish 12" Aldi Chain saw

I bought the 12" garden liner chainsaw about a year ago and used it once to cut a small size tree. After a year I needed to use it again and the fuel supply line had cracks and holes and started leaking. The plastic fuel line is clearly not fit for the purpose. What a rubbish product !

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Waste of money

The chainsaw that I purchased is about 2 months old, never cut a branch and started only once. I needed to use it today and it would not start. Although the chainsaw only cost $100 it is not fit for purpose. If you are thinking about buying a chainsaw do yourself a favour don,t buy an Aldi Chainsaw. Lift your game ALDI, most people who shop at you stores expect goods to last for a little while

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Blake.wisse

Blake.wisseBrisbane

Burnt for the last time

Date PurchasedAug 2015

aldi chainsaw 45cc

Could not start the chainsaw. After changing the china made spark plug with a Champion RCJ7Y spark plug. It started after 2 pulls, all good.
Do yourself a favour and a lot of arm strength, just bay the new PLUG. It does the job for the handyman around the home.

Dan

DanBendigo

Poorly Designed

Do not buy this brand of chainsaw, it is very similar to the Sunseeker brand (made in China), whereby the start recoil mechanism is too inferior to normal quality design standards and incapable of normal starting operations.
Whilst I was happy with the operating performance it is the inferior plastic used in the strating mechanism that lets it down.
I could not return the Sunseeker as the guarantee address and contact details did not exist, whereas the chainsaw purchased from Aldi did have these details and therefore managed to obtain a full refund.

JohnR

JohnRSydney, NSW

Poor machine and poor service.

Chainsaw didn't start from the first attempt. Tried on multiple occasions and checked spark plugs, fuel etc. but still couldn't get it to start. My fault that I waited too long to take it back but now have to take it myself to a service centre at my cost. Cheap piece of rubbish.

sandra davis

sandra davisasked

Petrol Chainsaw

I bought a chainsaw at Aldi Wanneroo - it never worked, the first time I tried the starter chord broke, I tried fixing it to no avail - still wouldn't start. Sadly I lost the receipt and the staff would do nothing to help me when I took it back. Very disappointed.

So really a review

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user
Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Check your manual

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $149.00$99.00$149.00$199.00
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cuttingPruningPruning
Bar Length41 cm40 cm40 cm41 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain TensioningAnti-Vibration SystemAnti-Vibration System and Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication
Power (kW)1.5 kW
  • 1 Sep 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
  • 8 Apr 2017
  • 10 Oct 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2018Apr 2016Apr 2017Oct 2020