• Safety
sandra davis

sandra davisPerth, WA

It never started - the chord broke and when I fixed it still wouldn't start.

Chord broke on the first pull. I wasted time fixing it, re-read the instructions twice but I could not get it to work at all. Tried time and again to contact Aldi and got nowhere. What a waste of time and money.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for $99.00.

Pierre P.

Pierre P.Sydney, NSW

It's so bad DOS not start even is brand new

Not easy to start even did not start at all I did every thing the book said and did not start I did ring the support line about 4 time and every time the is they will ring u and they never did thx u for the bad service

Purchased in April 2021 at ALDI for $99.99.

Mark O

Mark OCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not a bad little saw

Bought my Ferrex 16" saw at Aldi for $99 a year ago as a back up saw for my twenty year old Husqvarna - TBH I didn't expect much for 99 bucks but now it's accounted for about 5 tons of firewood it no longer owes me anything - Just changed the OEM chain which wasn't the best and now with a decent one it cuts like a champ - Mainly cutting Iron Bark and Red Box Gum usually up to about 12" in diametre - Had no issues with starting cold or hot but it can leak chain oil a little if l leave it full to the brim - Bottom line is if you feed it fresh fuel keep the air filter clean and look after the chain it's a good little saw for occasional DIY use.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $99.00.

Vkoio4

Vkoio4

Has cut a lot of firewood!

Over a couple of seasons I've used my Gardenline 45cc as a backup saw for the smaller stuff, but also some heavier work. It's been pretty darned good value for being on the markdown table at $40! Always reliable to start and idle, easy to handle and no particular fuss. It powers through thick, hard timber in reasonable time. The chain is low quality of course, but has lasted until now. I enjoy using the handy tool-less adjuster, though it's probably not as robust as the typical two bolts and nuts. My saw doesn't seem to leak much oil for a Chinese unit and, unlike my 62cc eBay specials, actually does oil the chain! The fuel line has now rotted, its first failure, but one that is fixed for a few cents. So, overall, a decent little unit.

Purchased at ALDI for $40.00.

Single use chainsaw

Worked fine once last year. I drained, cleaned and stored it properly. It starts this year but won't keep running, and yes I am using correct mix of fresh fuel. It's going back for a refund.

Purchased in September 2019.

Sue

SueTuggerah

unreliable

Used once on small bush. Worked for 20 minutes then nothing. Chain won’t turn. Don’t bother with this one. Leaks fuel and oil Really not buying anymore electrical stuff from ALDI. Too unreliable Finally learned my lesson

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

Heath McInerney

Heath McInerneyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

About time an affordable 4 stroke chainsaw

This saw is good on fuel. Runs nice and smooth. Ok it's not a 24" bar stihl or husky, but for what it is; it is a good saw. Ingenious how the engine oil is the bar oil. Only bad point, the file that comes with it, is soft and wears out after only 6 or 7 sharpens. That being said, new files are only about $7 at any mower/chainsaw store. No harder to start than any other saw. I have been cutting Aussie natives with it

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

Melissa D.

Melissa D.Illawarra, NSW

Faulty product.

Safety bar won't disengage. Can't cut anything because the chainsaw doesn't work. Waste of money don't bother buying one. No video on the website either. Very unhappy with this product.

Gutsy unit .....so far so good

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi Carnegie for $150.00.

Steve

SteveAlbury

Ideal For Light Work

Bought this 37 cc chainsaw from Aldi primarily for light work during annual camping trips. Starts every year with 2-3pulls,nice compact size does the job great. Its not industrial designed so only good for light domestic jobs. But it does overly leak chain oil so only put enough oil in for what you need.

Purchased in February 2014 for $100.00.

Wow - how dodgy

fuel priming problem - The priming pump seems to pressurise the fuel tank no problem but absolutely no fuel to the carby. And the chain lube leaks oil everywhere! Cant get a service shop to even look at it.

Purchased in December 2017 at ALDI.

Rocko Wallaby

Rocko WallabyGold Coast

Useless product, and forget any warranty claim!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Tough little saw 47.1 CC Chainsaw $199

47.1 CC 4-stroke chainsaw from Aldi Toowoomba for $199.

I think Gardenline finally listened. This saw kicks butt. It's a 4-stroke which is completely different fom
other chainsaws I've used in the past. I know chainsaws and this thing blows my mind. Sounds like a
generator when idles and sounds like a trailbike revving. Love the sound. Haven't had much negativity to
say except, get a better spark plug as the cheap chinese sparkplug causes the saw to spit after that, it's a
47.1 CC monster. Make sure yall use 98 octane fuel and 10w 30 pure oil for the best performance.

Starts everytime now. Don't drop start it, won't help you much.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome Saw

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Plenty of power starts easy

Gor my 53cc aldi chainsaw for $100... was on the clearance rack to start it i dont listen to the instructions i turn the ignition switch off give it 2 pulls with the choke on then turn ignition switch on with no choke & it starts easy although the bar is 16 inch ive been cutting hardwood logs up 20 inch thick wirh no problems the stated 2.2kw of power isnt to be laughed at anyway so far so good

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Greybeard

GreybeardUpper Coomera, Qld

A great Chainsaw

Although I have only have had my ALDI Gardenline 53 cc Chainsaw for a few weeks I have found it to be a great piece of equipment, but must admit the spark plug connection is badly designed, while checking the spark plug gap the clip came off with the rubber boot, could be the problem why some don't start, a new clip fixed the problem.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
klr_rider1

klr_rider1Canberra

Aldi Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw

I bought this chainsaw for $A149. I tried unsuccessfully to start it for 4 days. I even changed the sparkplug. I also tried Start ya aerosol spray.The Manual contradicts itself on the starting procedure. The Manual does not provide information on options to replace the Chinese sparkplug, After 4 days, I returned it to Aldi and received a full refund. With my refund, I bought a Stihl Mini Boss MS 170 chainsaw which does start.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Works good but is cheaply made

Workss good plenty of power, but safety brake broke chain got hot and stretched with caused the chain to wear out the chain bar cost me $90 to get fixed as l lost my reset so if your just looking for something to use every now and then ok but not to use alot

Date PurchasedMay 2016

POS

Started once now won't start. No customer service available because the product is discontinued. Leaks fuel everywhere. Stay clear & don't purchase.
This chainsaw started once after an hour of priming & a sore shoulder. Cut 2 trees & now wont start after almost an hour again of pulling & priming.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

I guess you get what you pay for

It is often true you get what you pay for, however I have been, mostly, pleasantly surprised by products sold by ALDI so needing a chain saw for a few odd jobs purchased a Gardenline 45CC petrol unit. My experience has been like many others cannot get the Chainsaw to start. After fruitless hours of trying different starting settings changing spark plugs, checking fuel etc finally gave up, only had one little stutter (just to get my hopes up) and that as that. This product seems to have a hit and miss reputation, my recommendation is if you buy one try it straightaway if you have issues take it straight back and get a refund or exchange it until you get one that actually starts, then hang on to the receipt and warranty.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

sandra davis

sandra davisasked

Petrol Chainsaw

I bought a chainsaw at Aldi Wanneroo - it never worked, the first time I tried the starter chord broke, I tried fixing it to no avail - still wouldn't start. Sadly I lost the receipt and the staff would do nothing to help me when I took it back. Very disappointed.

So really a review

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user
Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Check your manual

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $149.00$99.00$149.00$199.00
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cuttingPruningPruning
Bar Length41 cm40 cm40 cm41 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain TensioningAnti-Vibration SystemAnti-Vibration System and Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication
Power (kW)1.5 kW
  • 1 Sep 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
  • 8 Apr 2017
  • 10 Oct 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2018Apr 2016Apr 2017Oct 2020