• Safety

Absolute crap

I bought the chainsaw and from word go it would not start just about ripped my arm off took it back to aldi replaced it and the same thing happened wouldnt start avoid like the plague rubbish.

Wiz.auWoden 2606, ACT

Same as the others...hard to start, won't start hot.

cluck

cluckBrisbane

Albolute Rubbish

Worked a few times but less that 4 weeks it will not run. Is was always a totally annoying to start, but finally it runs for 3 seconds and cuts out.
Absolute rubbish. I will return for refund or just throw away this is not worth the time or effort.
Got a refund from Aldi.

PS: They don't like it if you return it with fuel, they don't like you tipping the fuel in carpark either ;)

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how ALDI Petrol Chainsaw compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Gotta Agree

My review is similar to the last two reviews. It is a great little saw if you can get it started. It does leak chain oil when stored. However the most damming thing about the saw is trying to get is started. After getting caught with a hedge trimmer that would not start, I was not going to get taken again and returned this for refund. I will give Aldi that, no questions asked, returned with cash refund.
Price and lightweight.
Very hard to start initially and would not start at all after that.

ron93
ron93

it worked fine for some time.after that fitted new spark plug and reset fuel air mixture,its good now.

sandra davis

sandra davisasked

Petrol Chainsaw

I bought a chainsaw at Aldi Wanneroo - it never worked, the first time I tried the starter chord broke, I tried fixing it to no avail - still wouldn't start. Sadly I lost the receipt and the staff would do nothing to help me when I took it back. Very disappointed.

So really a review

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user
Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Check your manual

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $149.00$99.00$149.00$199.00
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cuttingPruningPruning
Bar Length41 cm40 cm40 cm41 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain TensioningAnti-Vibration SystemAnti-Vibration System and Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication
Power (kW)1.5 kW
  • 1 Sep 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
  • 8 Apr 2017
  • 10 Oct 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2018Apr 2016Apr 2017Oct 2020