• Safety

cheap and does the job

the chain lube is way too much from factory but you can just adjust the screw so less comes out. really powerful and in my experience starts within 3 pulls

Purchased in March 2020 for $149.00.

will

willSydney, NSW

great chain saw works like a treat

used for cutting fire wood and large tree branches on my farm in the country new i have 4 saw all two stroke but the four stroke is just great well done .

Purchased in August 2019.

Aldi 4 stroke chainsaw

Simply great very light , as for fuel Ron 91 octane is fine . Starts first time every time and is very grunty without the noise and smoke . One oil tank is a very practical for crank and bar . The only thing I would improve would be using a larger bar and increasing the chain size , otherwise it was money well sent .

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how ALDI Petrol Chainsaw compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

gardenline petrol chainsaw

BRILLIANT. A little beauty. Perfect for female gardeners. Light and so easy to start. Simple to pull apart for cleaning. Did throw its chain but quite easy to fix.
Felt quite safe using it. It did
ALDI please you need to reinstate this little gem There is nothing like it on the market place.
I'm deaperate

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sandy

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

Fabulous Buy

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Can't beat this saw for the price.

I bought the 16" garden line saw from my local Aldis on the clearance rack 8+ years ago. I've dropped gum trees with it and cut piles of firewood. It threw a bit of bar oil about at one point. A little twist on the screw on the bottom put a stop to that fairly quick. Now it runs a tank of lube to tank of fuel. the old girl starts by the third pull every time. I've only had to tune the carby once and she runs like a champ. Best $100 I've spent on a no name tool ever.

Date PurchasedOct 2009

great little chainsaw

I have had large commercial size chainsaws all my life and use them regularly on the farm, but bought the Aldi for pruning which it is just perfect for. If you want a chainsaw to cut down trees then you don't buy this one. Fit for purpose is what it is all about and the Gardenline chainsaw is just that.

A Bloody beauty.

I've had one now for well over a year and no problem with starting at all, I live in the country so use it often for fire wood and have cut big trees down with it never a moments trouble if ever it dies I'll buy another one no problem, and the chain sharpener I bought at the same time is also a beauty also no problem. and the oil leaking is a hazard with all chain saws Ive found over the years just sit them on a small drum and catch the oil to re-use.
Light easy to use, always starts.

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Johnnyous D.

Johnnyous D.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where can I get a chain for my chainsaw at ?

Bunnings

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $99.99$99.99$149.00$99.00
Use PruningPruning, Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cutting and Tree felling, sawlog prep, and millingPruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cuttingPruning
Bar Length20 cm36 cm41 cm40 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain TensioningAnti-Vibration System
Power (kW)1.5 kW
  • 22 Oct 2016
  • 19 Aug 2017
  • 1 Sep 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateApr 2021Apr 2021Mar 2018Apr 2016