• Safety
tezza

tezzamelbourne

good prototype. ... thats all..

I had to try a 4 stroke chainsaw. Not keen that engine oil serves as chain bar oil too. When idlying and also cutting, it sends out a spray of oil wherever you point the saw. Very messy. Also leaks when not in use. Relatively easy to start and I have cut small ; up to 120cm ; and it works for a few hours before it overheats and we both have a rest. Powerful, and could handle a larger chain.Needs to be run monthly , otherwise the fuel gums up and starting is difficult and revs are hard to build. The idea is great , just needs some decent seals and fine tuning.

Purchased in November 2018 at ALDI for $198.00.

cheap and does the job

the chain lube is way too much from factory but you can just adjust the screw so less comes out. really powerful and in my experience starts within 3 pulls

Purchased in March 2020 for $149.00.

Ferrex 3 year warranty is fake

Chain tensioner is a nightmare.
Will end up maiming or killing someone. Either that or it will fail.
As I've mentioned, here in the UK the Ferrex tools Aldi's sell with a 3 year warranty.
I've tried to claim on this ( for their Ferrex cordless 40v circular saw (Lazer always fails as (bad design- on all the time via seperate switch so burns out. Happened on all ones I'm aware of (mine and friends that's 5 between us))))
I was informed by head office customer service that they'd refund but no repair or replace available.

Purchased in October 2018 for $100.00.

accadakka

accadakkaPerth, WA

chain will not tighten anymore

Bought this one in August 2017, used it few times and replaced chain once. Today I got another chain and I am not able to tighten it anymore. Upon closer inspection noticed that screw is not turning anymore, something is broken is I don't know how to fix it. it is still under warranty as it has 36 months but I am not sure if authorized repairers are willing to repair it. unless anyone here knows how to get this one fixed and can provide detailed instructions

Purchased in August 2017 at ALDI for $199.00.

will

willSydney, NSW

great chain saw works like a treat

used for cutting fire wood and large tree branches on my farm in the country new i have 4 saw all two stroke but the four stroke is just great well done .

Purchased in August 2019.

Fredo

FredoSydney Surrounds, NSW

The money is better spent in the pub

Purchased in April 2016 at ALDI for $169.00.

Ian B03

Ian B03Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not a reliable item

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Aldi 4 stroke chainsaw

Simply great very light , as for fuel Ron 91 octane is fine . Starts first time every time and is very grunty without the noise and smoke . One oil tank is a very practical for crank and bar . The only thing I would improve would be using a larger bar and increasing the chain size , otherwise it was money well sent .

Date PurchasedAug 2018

gardenline petrol chainsaw

BRILLIANT. A little beauty. Perfect for female gardeners. Light and so easy to start. Simple to pull apart for cleaning. Did throw its chain but quite easy to fix.
Felt quite safe using it. It did
ALDI please you need to reinstate this little gem There is nothing like it on the market place.
I'm deaperate

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Sandy

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

Fabulous Buy

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Can't beat this saw for the price.

I bought the 16" garden line saw from my local Aldis on the clearance rack 8+ years ago. I've dropped gum trees with it and cut piles of firewood. It threw a bit of bar oil about at one point. A little twist on the screw on the bottom put a stop to that fairly quick. Now it runs a tank of lube to tank of fuel. the old girl starts by the third pull every time. I've only had to tune the carby once and she runs like a champ. Best $100 I've spent on a no name tool ever.

Date PurchasedOct 2009

great little chainsaw

I have had large commercial size chainsaws all my life and use them regularly on the farm, but bought the Aldi for pruning which it is just perfect for. If you want a chainsaw to cut down trees then you don't buy this one. Fit for purpose is what it is all about and the Gardenline chainsaw is just that.

Chezapie

ChezapieSydney, NSW

Too heavy!!

This is no 'lightweight'. I thought this tool would be the answer to my needs, a motorised electric pruner (reducing petrol weight) with telescopic variable reach plus a section of the blade that could be angled for what I thought would be perfect to trim the top of a hedge from ground level. Not so, the 'angle' was wrong for a horizontal prune but above all else, the entire tool was much too heavy to even lift let alone operate, even my husband couldn't life it.
The concept
Too heavy

A Bloody beauty.

I've had one now for well over a year and no problem with starting at all, I live in the country so use it often for fire wood and have cut big trees down with it never a moments trouble if ever it dies I'll buy another one no problem, and the chain sharpener I bought at the same time is also a beauty also no problem. and the oil leaking is a hazard with all chain saws Ive found over the years just sit them on a small drum and catch the oil to re-use.
Light easy to use, always starts.

When working it works

When it works it does well, plenty of power and fairly light weight. However, it is a terror to get started. It takes a lot of effort. It cannot be stored with oiler in the chain oiler as it leaks. The pull starter breaks. Could be resolved if was easier to start.
Light weight and cuts well when started
Hard to start, pull start breaks, leaks from the chain oiler

sandra davis

sandra davisasked

Petrol Chainsaw

I bought a chainsaw at Aldi Wanneroo - it never worked, the first time I tried the starter chord broke, I tried fixing it to no avail - still wouldn't start. Sadly I lost the receipt and the staff would do nothing to help me when I took it back. Very disappointed.

So really a review

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user
Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Check your manual

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $149.00$99.00$149.00$199.00
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cuttingPruningPruning
Bar Length41 cm40 cm40 cm41 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain TensioningAnti-Vibration SystemAnti-Vibration System and Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication
Power (kW)1.5 kW
  • 1 Sep 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
  • 8 Apr 2017
  • 10 Oct 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2018Apr 2016Apr 2017Oct 2020