• Safety
Mark O

Mark OCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not a bad little saw

Bought my Ferrex 16" saw at Aldi for $99 a year ago as a back up saw for my twenty year old Husqvarna - TBH I didn't expect much for 99 bucks but now it's accounted for about 5 tons of firewood it no longer owes me anything - Just changed the OEM chain which wasn't the best and now with a decent one it cuts like a champ - Mainly cutting Iron Bark and Red Box Gum usually up to about 12" in diametre - Had no issues with starting cold or hot but it can leak chain oil a little if l leave it full to the brim - Bottom line is if you feed it fresh fuel keep the air filter clean and look after the chain it's a good little saw for occasional DIY use.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $99.00.

cheap and does the job

the chain lube is way too much from factory but you can just adjust the screw so less comes out. really powerful and in my experience starts within 3 pulls

Purchased in March 2020 for $149.00.

Vkoio4

Vkoio4

Has cut a lot of firewood!

Over a couple of seasons I've used my Gardenline 45cc as a backup saw for the smaller stuff, but also some heavier work. It's been pretty darned good value for being on the markdown table at $40! Always reliable to start and idle, easy to handle and no particular fuss. It powers through thick, hard timber in reasonable time. The chain is low quality of course, but has lasted until now. I enjoy using the handy tool-less adjuster, though it's probably not as robust as the typical two bolts and nuts. My saw doesn't seem to leak much oil for a Chinese unit and, unlike my 62cc eBay specials, actually does oil the chain! The fuel line has now rotted, its first failure, but one that is fixed for a few cents. So, overall, a decent little unit.

Purchased at ALDI for $40.00.

Heath McInerney

Heath McInerneyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

About time an affordable 4 stroke chainsaw

This saw is good on fuel. Runs nice and smooth. Ok it's not a 24" bar stihl or husky, but for what it is; it is a good saw. Ingenious how the engine oil is the bar oil. Only bad point, the file that comes with it, is soft and wears out after only 6 or 7 sharpens. That being said, new files are only about $7 at any mower/chainsaw store. No harder to start than any other saw. I have been cutting Aussie natives with it

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

will

willSydney, NSW

great chain saw works like a treat

used for cutting fire wood and large tree branches on my farm in the country new i have 4 saw all two stroke but the four stroke is just great well done .

Purchased in August 2019.

Gutsy unit .....so far so good

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi Carnegie for $150.00.

Steve

SteveAlbury

Ideal For Light Work

Bought this 37 cc chainsaw from Aldi primarily for light work during annual camping trips. Starts every year with 2-3pulls,nice compact size does the job great. Its not industrial designed so only good for light domestic jobs. But it does overly leak chain oil so only put enough oil in for what you need.

Purchased in February 2014 for $100.00.

Aldi 4 stroke chainsaw

Simply great very light , as for fuel Ron 91 octane is fine . Starts first time every time and is very grunty without the noise and smoke . One oil tank is a very practical for crank and bar . The only thing I would improve would be using a larger bar and increasing the chain size , otherwise it was money well sent .

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Tough little saw 47.1 CC Chainsaw $199

47.1 CC 4-stroke chainsaw from Aldi Toowoomba for $199.

I think Gardenline finally listened. This saw kicks butt. It's a 4-stroke which is completely different fom
other chainsaws I've used in the past. I know chainsaws and this thing blows my mind. Sounds like a
generator when idles and sounds like a trailbike revving. Love the sound. Haven't had much negativity to
say except, get a better spark plug as the cheap chinese sparkplug causes the saw to spit after that, it's a
47.1 CC monster. Make sure yall use 98 octane fuel and 10w 30 pure oil for the best performance.

Starts everytime now. Don't drop start it, won't help you much.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

gardenline petrol chainsaw

BRILLIANT. A little beauty. Perfect for female gardeners. Light and so easy to start. Simple to pull apart for cleaning. Did throw its chain but quite easy to fix.
Felt quite safe using it. It did
ALDI please you need to reinstate this little gem There is nothing like it on the market place.
I'm deaperate

Sandy

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

Fabulous Buy

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Plenty of power starts easy

Gor my 53cc aldi chainsaw for $100... was on the clearance rack to start it i dont listen to the instructions i turn the ignition switch off give it 2 pulls with the choke on then turn ignition switch on with no choke & it starts easy although the bar is 16 inch ive been cutting hardwood logs up 20 inch thick wirh no problems the stated 2.2kw of power isnt to be laughed at anyway so far so good

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Greybeard

GreybeardUpper Coomera, Qld

A great Chainsaw

Although I have only have had my ALDI Gardenline 53 cc Chainsaw for a few weeks I have found it to be a great piece of equipment, but must admit the spark plug connection is badly designed, while checking the spark plug gap the clip came off with the rubber boot, could be the problem why some don't start, a new clip fixed the problem.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Works good but is cheaply made

Workss good plenty of power, but safety brake broke chain got hot and stretched with caused the chain to wear out the chain bar cost me $90 to get fixed as l lost my reset so if your just looking for something to use every now and then ok but not to use alot

Date PurchasedMay 2016

GreenOz

GreenOzAU

Clutch could be the problem sometimes

I am surprised how such cheap chainsaw perform. Starts very easy every time, specifically after stopped while still warm. Some problems with chain falling off and clutch that keep slipping terribly while the smallest bit of oil gets from oiled bar very easy. Overall quite not bad chainsaw for the price, enough power to fall 30 cm trees.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Can't beat this saw for the price.

I bought the 16" garden line saw from my local Aldis on the clearance rack 8+ years ago. I've dropped gum trees with it and cut piles of firewood. It threw a bit of bar oil about at one point. A little twist on the screw on the bottom put a stop to that fairly quick. Now it runs a tank of lube to tank of fuel. the old girl starts by the third pull every time. I've only had to tune the carby once and she runs like a champ. Best $100 I've spent on a no name tool ever.

Date PurchasedOct 2009

I tryed to break it

I've tryed to destroy mine added s longer bar n chain used it on only large iron bark logs (1m+ round) n it's never missed a beat. Starts easy. Only complaint is it vibarates like a mofo n is thirsty af but what do u expect for 100 bucks.. the stihl saw has required more maintenance but I guess it is older

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Patrick

PatrickCanberra

Starts everytime... good little chainsaw for under $100

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Aldi 12" saw.

Bought Aldi garden line chain saw 12" have had 3 years I've cut Cyprus trees 40' up in cherry picker all day long you need a dependable saw doing that type of work. Take it with me when I camp I have a stil saw bought Aldi one for back up works just as hard as stil. I find if you run 50 to 1 petrol oil no probs. Also you've got to tune them properly they don't come that well tuned cheers.

sandra davis

sandra davisasked

Petrol Chainsaw

I bought a chainsaw at Aldi Wanneroo - it never worked, the first time I tried the starter chord broke, I tried fixing it to no avail - still wouldn't start. Sadly I lost the receipt and the staff would do nothing to help me when I took it back. Very disappointed.

So really a review

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user
Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Check your manual

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw
CategoryPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol ChainsawsPetrol Chainsaws
Price (RRP) $149.00$99.00$149.00$199.00
Use Pruning and Small tree felling, trimming, and cross-cuttingPruningPruning
Bar Length41 cm40 cm40 cm41 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication, Carrying Case Included and Tool-free Chain TensioningAnti-Vibration SystemAnti-Vibration System and Automatic Chain Oiling / Lubrication
Power (kW)1.5 kW
  • 1 Sep 2018
  • 12 Oct 2019
  • 8 Apr 2017
  • 10 Oct 2020
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2018Apr 2016Apr 2017Oct 2020