Garmin Approach G3

Garmin Approach G3

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Essential golfing partner - Love it!

Very Good for the price. I paid about $120 Aus on special. 2xA4 batteries last 2 rounds so about 9 hours. I have found it to be more accurate than other non-Garmin brands used my golfing mates. I use Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries from supermarket. They last just as long as non-rechargeables. Best thing is if it goes flat during a round, just swap in new batteries and it picks up at the current golf course & hole! Touch screen allows you to touch a spot like the bend on a dogleg to see how far you need to hit to clear it. Numbers are big enough for me to see without my glasses - bonus!!!

This is useless

My husband bought me a Garmin for xmas. Since then I have only found it useful on one occasion. Other times the batteries are low or there is cloud cover and so I get no signal. A waste of time as when you need it the most it is not working properly. As for batteries it chews them up. I purchased it at Golf Box on special but the only place for it is in the bin. What a waste of $130.00.

Does not work properly if there is cloud cover or the batteries are low. Need to keep your batteries charged after each round of golf.

Disappointing performance.

I have had this Golf GPS for 2 months. It goes through batteries like there is no tomorrow. Pretty much a set of 2 AA batteries last about 18 holes. It doesn't seem to like rechargeable batteries even though this would be a cheaper option. But the worst feature is that most of the time, I get the following message on start up " No GPS signal. If you continue, search results may not be based on your current position". I tried to ring the phone number on my product card and the phone number is "not in service"
Simple to use