MPN: 010-01750-11
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Garmin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Regg
ReggSydney

This is the right dash cam...

So after days of research, going through all the other reviews, checking the price and actually testing the item, I think that the Garmin 55 is just the right dash cam for me! First of all, it works just as advertised, second, it actually exceeded my expectations as how easy it was to set up and running. Lastly, for the price, it has the features that actually should have been some premium added to it but they didn't so I got more value for my money.

Neil39
Neil39Sydney, NSW

This has already saved my Insurance excess.

I am well and truly in front. I purchased the camera on points. The camera and features are great. Particularly the speed/red light warnings. I had a truck wipe out my wing mirror and the truck company later disputed the Insurance claim. I had it all on camera and they had no leg to stand on. The features on the 55 are better than the other camera(Garmin also) on my other car. It's a winner.

Other Dash Cams

wollie591
wollie591

Outstanding Dash Cam

I recently purchased my Garmin dash cam 55, don't let the size fool you it is not much bigger than a box of matches but it packs a huge amount of useful features. Including forward collision alert, lane departure warning, red light and speed camera warning & voice control that allows you to take still images time lapse, video save, all you need to say is "hello Garmin" and a sub menu appears you just speak the one you want. It is that easy it also come with an 8gb card so you just plug and play, it has setting for centre left or right mounting whichever one you choose. It has a magnetic mount for easy removal and because of its size is not obstructive.

Phil R.
Phil R.asked
Dash Cam 55

No problems with the picture quality, the red light and speed camera work as they should but the lane departure is completely useless. Have had the camera exchanged for a new and both have been the same. Own a Mazda BT50 and it matters not a jot if I program the Garmin for high or low. Very disappointing.

Davidasked
Dash Cam 55

Why, why will it only work with the supplied cable? Had it for two months now and still can not get it to do anything? It keeps turning itself off? What a waste of money, for a supposedly good unit. Do you need to go to night school for six months to use it? Is there an online course?

Garry J
Garry J

Sounds like mine....propriety cables I believe. Both mine used to work until they stopped completely and wouldn’t turn back on - poor batteries/charging management in my opinion.

David

Why do this? In the pursuit of extra profit they make a unit very ordinary to own and operate.

Compare all 7 Garmin Dash Cam
CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2"
Viewing Angle 122°
Camera Resolution1440p (Wide QHD)
Megapixels 3.7 MP
Channels 1
FeaturesForward Collision Warning, GPS, Lane Departure Warning, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, Smartphone App, Voice Control and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD card